How to play Left 4 Dead (2).

figmentPez

Staff member
OMG, what map was it with the witch brothel? I actually thought that was awesome.
(EDIT: Misread your post) No, three different maps. Two where there were rooms just packed with more than a dozen witches (No More CEDA and Military Industrial Complex II), and one where it was a long and winding path that was scattered with like 15 witches along it (Absolute Zero).

All three of those maps are too dark, with some bullshit difficulty problems. They're also way too long.[DOUBLEPOST=1446165953,1446165897][/DOUBLEPOST]
OMG, what map was it with the witch brothel? I actually thought that was awesome.
I think it was either Back to School or Suicide Blitz.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest Urban Flight, but I was in the middle of my daughter's choir concert when it came to me, so I had to wait.

Definitely need another attempt at this when I'm NOT half brain dead from doing Halloween shit forever. I also still really want to do the follow up to Questionable Ethics ( @GasBandit @figmentPez @AshburnerX ) , which I'm sure will be another amazing stream of bullshit and falling cars. ;) Maybe during the week or on Saturday. Not free on Friday until late. In theory. If my D&D group decides to stop being flakey.

GasBandit

Staff member
For those of you in the studio audience, we played QE2 last night, and yes it was sadistic, and we are rusty as hell. We kept elbowing each other off narrow passageways, getting smokered into pits, and thank god Terrik was not there because we were drowning in grenade launchers.

For those of you in the studio audience, we played QE2 last night, and yes it was sadistic, and we are rusty as hell. We kept elbowing each other off narrow passageways, getting smokered into pits, and thank god Terrik was not there because we were drowning in grenade launchers.
WTF

At some point we should also try playing with some overpowered weapons mods - like there's one that lets you dual wield magnums, that sort of thing. Just to be ridiculous. But they only work on local servers I think.

GasBandit

Staff member
Aw, it didn't have the part where Jun woke up and busted you for drinking the stuff you weren't allowed to drink. I guess that came after the game wrapped up.

Aw, it didn't have the part where Jun woke up and busted you for drinking the stuff you weren't allowed to drink. I guess that came after the game wrapped up.
I keep meaning to sign into Vent just so I can hear these shenanigans, and then I keep forgetting. My loss.

--Patrick

Well, I'm going to be hammered by snow this weekend, so assuming we don't lose power/internet I'd be up for playing. I'll try and remember to have Steam open.

I think we're in holding pattern for the moment... waiting until ether Left 4 Dead 3 gets announced or something like Dead By Daylight or Friday the 13th hits. Vermintide was fun too but I think the grindy nature and punishing difficultly made it wear out it's welcome much sooner than normal.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think we're in holding pattern for the moment... waiting until ether Left 4 Dead 3 gets announced or something like Dead By Daylight or Friday the 13th hits. Vermintide was fun too but I think the grindy nature and punishing difficultly made it wear out it's welcome much sooner than normal.
There's also the matter of Terrik having to buckle down in his studies, and then the new Fire Emblem came out, etc etc.

Honestly, I've been bored with most games lately, and just haven't been sitting at my computer. Hell, I've been going to bed early. It's sad.

So in honor of Halloween, anyone want to do a Vs. night this weekend? Friday or Sat? (or Sunday if people want really). I tried to do the same for Halloween last year, but didn't get the turnout for it. I would say tentative Saturday at 9 or 10 EST, but I'm pretty flexible this weekend.

So in honor of Halloween, anyone want to do a Vs. night this weekend? Friday or Sat? (or Sunday if people want really). I tried to do the same for Halloween last year, but didn't get the turnout for it. I would say tentative Saturday at 9 or 10 EST, but I'm pretty flexible this weekend.
For me, it's going to depend entirely on whether or not I can get my pumpkin carved and everything.