[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2016 - Make Santa Great Again Edition

Are you going to sign up for HF Secret Santa?

• Yes! (post below)

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No. I want to, but I can't afford it right now.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No. I want to, but I don't have the time.

• No. I want to, but it seems like too much work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't want to.

• On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a grue in a pear tree.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yay! You got it! I seriously debated the Weasels book as it's a kid's book and is kind of short, but I figured if anything is up your alley that would be it. Glad you liked it!
The illustrations are amazing! The lead weasel looks like Ernst Stavro Blofeld stroking a white mouse. They drink coffee and run around like... well, like weasels.

And (spoiler alert) they take over the world! Mwahahahahahahahaha!

I'm saving The Dame Was a Tad Polish for this weekend and am going to read it back-to-back with The City of Smoke & Mirrors. If only I knew the author so I could get them autographed (would you mind, @ThatNickGuy?)
Well holy crap, that's so awesome of @Dave to gift that to you! And I'd be happy to sign them. Though I have no idea how we can make that work.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Ecuadorian online stores hate me, mind sending me your steam account email @Cog ?

For whomever my SS may be: if you're intimidated by prices on my Amazon Wish List, Google Play gift cards would be useful.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

*humming the Game of Thrones opening theme as he turns the pages

Received this at work yesterday
Well that was unexpected. They said it wasn't going to be there until Monday!
Now I don't get to post Christmas is coming... anonymously.
You said you liked unusual books, I'm hoping this qualifies.

--Anonymous

Dear Secret Santa.
A second package has arrived, however due to this time of year being what it is, and my luck with drawing clopens (11-10 yesterday, 7:30-6:30 today, then grocery shopping), I will not have the time to unravel this mystery until tonight at the earliest, and pictures will likely not be coming until Wed (my next day off).
...but I look forward to it.

--Patrick

Reactions: JCM
Secret Santa,

My household received your gifts, but I have been (and am) traveling, so I will be unable to open and enjoy them before the 18th. Thank you :)

Dear Secret Santa, I got part 1 of your gift a few days ago, but haven't received a part 2. I am just making sure I shouldn't have yet.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Dear Secret Santa, I got part 1 of your gift a few days ago, but haven't received a part 2. I am just making sure I shouldn't have yet.
It looks like the second package has been delayed.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, look what was waiting for me outside my door today when I got to the office!

It's very tightly packed in a cooler surrounded by lots of cold packs.

Why, it's one of my most favorite things in the world... MEAT and meat flavored accoutrements.

Well, I'm happy to get it... though I'm not sure the joke I'm supposed to understand here, unless it involves sending Wisconsin smoked sausage to Texas, or maybe it is a reference to how Wisconsin smoked A&M in volleyball back in September :p

Thanks, Santa!

B

BErt

You ever get a secret santa sausage and find it's got hairs growin all over it?

That was awesome GB santa, well done!

Heads up: The shipping deadline is Thursday!

I know many of you have already sent your gifts, and many people have received them. To those people, thank you!

However, if you haven't sent your gift yet then you have TWO days left.

If there's a problem, or you think you can't make the deadline, send me a PM.

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Sparhawk, your gift went out last week. Look for it just before Christmas, unless it gets delayed at a border somewhere, then look for it just after Christmas.

GasBandit

Staff member
They have people clean the hallway twice a week.

And they covered that ramp with the same faux wood laminate as the rest of the hallway floor.

Last edited:
"Ever get a box of sausages from a Wisconsinite and there was cheese with it?"
Glad you liked it! Nueske's is closer to me than it is Krisken, and it was the first thing I thought of when I got your name.