[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2016 - Make Santa Great Again Edition

Are you going to sign up for HF Secret Santa?

• Yes! (post below)

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No. I want to, but I can't afford it right now.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No. I want to, but I don't have the time.

• No. I want to, but it seems like too much work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't want to.

• On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a grue in a pear tree.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
Though, now I feel I should warn you - what made me stop using it was that, as an experiment, I sprayed out a huge amount of it onto a slice of bread and left it sitting on my lawn next to a fire ant mound.

The fire ants didn't eat it.

It didn't rot away. Not a speck of mold, even.

For weeks.

Until I had to get rid of it to mow. Still a pristine pile of "cheese product" on a very very very stale slice of bread.

At that point I decided maybe I better not put any more of that in my face.

Last edited:
I used to eat the (non bacon) cheddar cheese so much as a kid. Now I look at it and wonder what I was thinking. I can't even convince my kids to try it.

Though, now I feel I should warn you - what made me stop using it was that, as an experiment, I sprayed out a huge amount of it onto a slice of bread and left it sitting on my lawn next to a fire ant mound.

The fire ants didn't eat it.

It didn't rot away. Not a speck of mold, even.

For weeks.

Until I had to get rid of it to mow. Still a pristine pile of "cheese product" on a very very very stale slice of bread.

At that point I decided maybe I better not put any more of that in my face.
Shades of StinkyMeat!

--Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Celt Z I worked on your gift up to the last minute, but it has been shipped today with an expected delivery of Monday, USPS.

@jwhouk Two packages are headed towards you. Both FedEx and USPS expect to deliver one each on Saturday.

Code:
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
EVENING...

* AFTER A LULL IN THE SNOW THIS MORNING...PERIODS OF MODERATE SNOW
WILL AGAIN DEVELOP AND CONTINUE THROUGH THIS EVENING. TOTAL
SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 5 TO 8 INCHES.

* GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT...SO MOTORISTS SHOULD
USE EXTREME CAUTION.

* SIGNIFICANT AIR TRAVEL DELAYS ARE ALSO LIKELY ACROSS THE
REGION.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS
SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THE
COMBINATION OF SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY
DIFFICULT. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...
AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. THE LATEST
WISCONSIN ROAD CONDITIONS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 511.

Part one of said gift arrived this morning! Photos and descriptions will be posted when part two arrives (hopefully)...

I got what I can only assume was part two to my Secret Santa gift today, so now I will post a pic!

IMG_20161217_185538.jpg

Thanks Secret Santa! I love them.

FedEx delivered the first package (and my kitten decided to inspect it herself):

She wasn't impressed by what was inside...

But I was - Robin Yount and Rollie Fingers!

And then, I checked the mail - and there was another package!

This one was really neat: a Predators Calendar!

(Too bad that the guy on the cover with the "C" on his chest is no longer a member of the team...)

Thanks Secret Santa!

Last edited:
Secret Santa gift came today! Or should I say, not-so-Secret Santa anymore (love the card, @Dei !)
20161219_122053.jpg
*drumrollllllll* And the small gift is....
20161219_122128.jpg
Mini Steven! Love it! Trying to decide if he should go on my keys or on the shelf with the other Steven figures.

But the second gift is .......EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
20161219_122208.jpg
I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! You did such a great job! So happy!! I love handmade stuff!
It's going it a special spot, on the comics shelf with my Sailor Moon comics (and previous Secret Santa from @LittleSin )
20161219_151105.jpg
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

I love Border Security lol!
I guess they can see into the future:

"Your item could not be delivered on December 22, 2016 at 6:00 pm in CANADA due to the addressee not available at time of delivery. It is being held while the addressee is notified."

Maybe it's going out for delivery today, or maybe they tried delivery last night.

So weird!

Today would have been my grandfather's 90th birthday and our family and my uncles all have reservations at 6:00pm tonight to eat at his favourite restaurant. So, we won't be here.

It's plausible that they foresaw our plans tonight or they tried to deliver it to our local post office last night after its closed. Any parcel with tracking or medium to large non-tracked parcels are delivered up there and we get a slip in our mailbox a day later.

I was out at the doctor's office and on my home I checked the mail. I have a parcel that will be available for pick up tomorrow afternoon :)

A package slip was left yesterday. I will try to make it to the post office on time today but if not, I won't get my gift until... the 29th probably? I am going out of town for a few days.

What's this?!? A package from the Great White North had arrived!

What is inside? A card!

I just had to show the cover card, it's unique!

MOOSE!

It's from the Doomie Queen herself!!

What kind of goodies are here? FOOD!!!!

And a page of stickers!

Thanks @Emrys ! I'm looking forward to trying it all!

Honestly, I've really never hidden myself, and I don't think that I've mad anyone overly mad here (except possibly @Dave , since I'm up against him for the football championship). It's out there, been out there, and it's who I am. Plus I'm probably moving soon. ;)