HF Secret Santa 2015: Santa is Coming Edition

Dave

Staff member
Okay, I fucked up the unboxing. No funny unboxing pictures. I came home from work, saw a package sitting on the table with no return address, so I just ripped it open. It wasn't until I got the the "Merry Halforums Christmas!!" that I realized what I'd done. Bad Dave! Bad!

Now, the label says it's an "Ugly" sweater. Psyche! I love it! I don't think it's ugly at all and I'm wearing it to work tomorrow. Thanks, Secret Santa! (Whom I think I know who it is, but I am not saying in case I get it wrong because that would be embarrassing!)

2015-12-14 16.05.56.jpg

Okay, I fucked up the unboxing. No funny unboxing pictures. I came home from work, saw a package sitting on the table with no return address, so I just ripped it open. It wasn't until I got the the "Merry Halforums Christmas!!" that I realized what I'd done. Bad Dave! Bad!

Now, the label says it's an "Ugly" sweater. Psyche! I love it! I don't think it's ugly at all and I'm wearing it to work tomorrow. Thanks, Secret Santa! (Whom I think I know who it is, but I am not saying in case I get it wrong because that would be embarrassing!)

That says more about you than the sweater. :p

Wet rainy day, and... a package is in the mailbox!

To "jwhouk"... Hmmmmmmm...

I go to open it - cat decides she's going to help:

And lo and behold, it's a...

(looks back up thread)
@jwhouk My question only about one-quarter-of-the-way spoils the surprise. So if you don't answer I'll just go with my gut.

Are there any hockey teams you absolutely hate?
(looks at avatar)

Flyers.
:facepalm:

This is what I get for not following one of the 12 "mainstream" teams in the NHL, I guess...

Thanks, anyways, Secret Santa.

Cajungal

Staff member
...you could always smash then with a hammer and sprinkle them in your cocoa like I do. Merry Christmas! Sorry they didn't have your team (and that I didn't see your response til it was too late).

Cajungal

Staff member
*sigh* Seriously? Did I at least remember to attach a gift receipt?? :( Gah, I'm sorry. I don't have any excuse except that it's kind of been a crazy couple of weeks.

A mystery box with a French return address (and nifty blue straps that I cut off pre-photo)?
The Doctor Who Journal of Impossible Things!
Should go well with my DVD and POP collection. It's almost too nice to use. I'll have to find a lady who would appreciate the ring.
Thanks secret Frenchie (if this is indeed from one of us)!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Wow. Did I miss something about upping the price limits this year?! Lords of Waterdeep + Munchkin Zombies.....sheesh, SS must love you!
Well, that, or someone here needs to cough up what retailer they're buying from for those prices :p

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

What...the WHAT. This is awesome! Thanks for the Mario ukulele music, Santa! Can't wait to try these out... :D
Wasn't sure if the titles to th songs would be in Japanese or not - but glad you like it! One more gift on the way that's more just a random fun things.

Wow. Did I miss something about upping the price limits this year?! Lords of Waterdeep + Munchkin Zombies.....sheesh, SS must love you!
Well, that, or someone here needs to cough up what retailer they're buying from for those prices :p
The price limits are a suggestion, as in, don't expect the gift you receive to be beyond this. What you yourself spend is entirely up to you.

B

BErt

I was really hoping it would get to be Big Ten Championship shirt, but then I found that and thought it was pretty nifty. Glad you like it! :D

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Ravenpoe - I ordered your gift on Amazon two weeks ago, and after hounding the seller, I just got an email this morning saying they're out-of-stock, even though they originally said the item was shipped and should arrive between Dec. 9-14. So while I rip them a new one, I'm going to have to start over. I'm so sorry your gift is going to be late. I'll get another out ASAP.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@PatrThom I know you said you were busy, but since tracking said it was left at your door could you at least confirm that you got the package even though you can't post pics yet? ;)

@Ravenpoe - I ordered your gift on Amazon two weeks ago, and after hounding the seller, I just got an email this morning saying they're out-of-stock, even though they originally said the item was shipped and should arrive between Dec. 9-14. So while I rip them a new one, I'm going to have to start over. I'm so sorry your gift is going to be late. I'll get another out ASAP.
It's all cool.

@PatrThom I know you said you were busy, but since tracking said it was left at your door could you at least confirm that you got the package even though you can't post pics yet? ;)
Did, though I didn't report it.
Pics were taken last night, on schedule.
Soon as I finish attempting to resurrect a Performa 200 I was "volunteered" on I will start pic processing.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I was really hoping it would get to be Big Ten Championship shirt, but then I found that and thought it was pretty nifty. Glad you like it! :D
I actually REALLY like it. My only problem with it is the fact that it's very Christmasy and I'll have to put it away over the summer!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Celt Z I've been waiting to recieve your gift, or even hear anything back from the seller, but I'm rapidly running out of hope..
I'm going to give it another day or so, but I'm afraid I may have to go with a plan B.

Either way, I'm sorry the wait has been so long! :(

@Celt Z I've been waiting to recieve your gift, or even hear anything back from the seller, but I'm rapidly running out of hope..
I'm going to give it another day or so, but I'm afraid I may have to go with a plan B.

Either way, I'm sorry the wait has been so long! :(
No worries! :)

Well now, two packages....let's see....

20151216_001619.jpg 20151216_001657.jpg

oooh! Two books I actually haven't read yet and I was going to buy for myself later because I wanted to read them, and an adult coloring book, which I've been thinking about trying out for a while now! Excellent!

I won't post the note included, since it also includes the SS's real name and I don't know whether he wants that out there (well, I have the person in question on Facebook so presumably he told this forum at some point in time, but still).

Anyway, thanks Santa! You rock!

Attachments

Well now, two packages....let's see....

View attachment 19917 View attachment 19918

oooh! Two books I actually haven't read yet and I was going to buy for myself later because I wanted to read them, and an adult coloring book, which I've been thinking about trying out for a while now! Excellent!

I won't post the note included, since it also includes the SS's real name and I don't know whether he wants that out there (well, I have the person in question on Facebook so presumably he told this forum at some point in time, but still).

Anyway, thanks Santa! You rock!
You're even on the cover of the coloring book!

I wonder if @evilmike will post pictures of his gift... not that I have any vested interest in that or anything...

00pkg.jpg

It stuck around for a couple days until I was able to properly (ahem) address it.
01pkgtbl.jpg

This is not our usual tablecloth, I swear.
02scissors.jpg

03open.jpg

Success!
04inside.jpg

05reachin.jpg

06contents.jpg

Cary: "Hey, what are you doing? What's that? Did you get a box of diamond?"
Me: "No, that's just wrapping paper."
Cary: "Is that a present? Can I open it? (holds out hand)"
Me: "No, Cary. This is a present for me. That means I get to open it."
Cary: "Oh. Are you going to save me the paper?"
Me: "Sure, why not."
Cary: "Yay!"
07card.jpg

08cardopen.jpg

Ooo! "Buy some cards or something," it says. Ok. I've gone and unlocked the remaining explorers areas, this was much faster than waiting to earn 2100 gold. Thank you.

"The return address probably gives it away."
Yes. Yes it did. I noticed before I even opened the package. ;)
09boxpeel.jpg

Must peel the duct tape carefully, going to try and save the paper for Cary.

10unwrap.jpg

Hmm...does not appear to be anything I'm familiar with.

11getbit.jpg

Well, this game looks like it could be interesting for family fun times. And it looks easy enough for Cary to learn. Hmm...
12gestalt.jpg

Thank you, Secret Santa! I'm sure we'll bust into it soon enough when Cary starts singing the "I'm Bored" song during Winter break.

Speaking of Cary...hey there, kiddo, do you still want the...
13grabngo.jpg

"MINE! DIAMOND PAPER! HAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha..."

"GRRrrrrrmrmmrmmrmmrmm"
14eatpaper.jpg

And then he loved it and squeezed it and called it George.
15shirt.jpg

...until the television turned his brain back into mush.
--Patrick