Export thread

HF Secret Santa 2015: Santa is Coming Edition

Tress

Tress

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send me a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2015 and more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate for obvious reasons. If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but the final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 27th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $5 to $25. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 11th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 11th WILL BE SUSPENDED BY THEIR BIG TOES AND LEFT TO DRY OUT IN THE DROUGHT-RAVAGED CALIFORNIA COUNTRYSIDE. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 13th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, I will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

Nice List:
blotsfan
BannanaHands
klew
Celt Z
Dei
Cajungal
jwhouk
Bumble the Boy Wonder
Made Ya Blush
Dave
Officer_Charon
Ravenpoe
Bubble181
Sparhawk
Cog
steinman
Bowielee
Dirona
Hylian
evilmike
BErt
PatrThom

People Who Signed Up But Need To Send Me a PM:
Emrys

BananaHands

BananaHands

You know I'm in!

klew

klew

I'm up for the fun.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm in. Everyone's getting grumpy badgers this year.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh sure. But Shi no home made food? Okay, some types might be a problem, but I wouldn't mind getting a bottle of tinwhistler's mead

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'll do it.

You won't believe the list of things I want.. number three will shock you!

Terrik

Terrik

I'll do it.

Is it the 'shocker'?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'll do it.

Is it "The number 'three?'"

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

WOOOO! Spirit of giving, bitches!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Signed up! Give 'til it hurts! :unibrow:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Signed up! Give 'til it hurts! :unibrow:
I know what @Celt Z wants!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Signed up. I'm pretty easy.[DOUBLEPOST=1446932904,1446932820][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm in. Everyone's getting grumpy badgers this year.
Too late, I already have one.

Celt Z

Celt Z

So, @Tress, I forget if I mentioned this, but no Ravenpoe as my Secret Santa.

Tress

Tress

Okay!

But seriously, if anyone else wants to make a note like this, please send me a PM. I could see someone saying "Don't give me _______, I had them last year."

PatrThom

PatrThom

if anyone else wants to make a note like this, please send me a PM. I could see someone saying "Don't give me _______, I had them last year."
cooties.gif

poxpro.gif

...some things make terrible gifts. Just sayin'.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

But I already bought the 16 D-Cell batteries...

Krisken

Krisken

Totally wish I could do this, but I'm already committed to a bunch of groups this year. Next year is a definite though.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

Signed up, this should be a lot of fun.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Okay!

But seriously, if anyone else wants to make a note like this, please send me a PM. I could see someone saying "Don't give me _______, I had them last year."
I was only kidding. He already bought the D-cells, it would be rude of me.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I was only kidding. He already bought the D-cells, it would be rude of me.
So what she's now saying is "make damn sure Ravenpoe gets me"

GasBandit

GasBandit

I tell ya that announcer has talent tho.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If figuring out gifts for my wife and family wasn't already so stressful, I'd probably sign up for this. Unfortunately, coming up with cool gift ideas is a talent I do not possess.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

You already know I'm in!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I wish I could. :(

Tress

Tress

If figuring out gifts for my wife and family wasn't already so stressful, I'd probably sign up for this. Unfortunately, coming up with cool gift ideas is a talent I do not possess.
Don't sell yourself so short. I'm sure you would come up with something people would love.

Tress

Tress

Okay, we've got 14 signed up so far. I know we can get more!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

PM sent, I'm in.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tress

Tress

Everyone has less than a week to sign up!

evilmike

evilmike

I'm in.

Hylian

Hylian

I would like to be in :)

phil

phil

Money is a little tight this year so I think I may have to sit this one out. Sorry, y'all!

Tress

Tress

Y'all have 2 more days to sign up! We have 21 signed up so far, and the more the merrier!

BErt

Wasn't sure I'd be able to this year, but yeah I'm in again.

Emrys

Emrys

Bubble181

Bubble181

....Civ III and Civ IV together for $9, or Civ IV alone for $19? Amazon.ca's pricing is just as ridiculous as the European version :p

Emrys

Emrys

....Civ III and Civ IV together for $9, or Civ IV alone for $19? Amazon.ca's pricing is just as ridiculous as the European version :p
They do their best.

Dave

Dave

I have no wish list. You could give me nearly anything and I'd be happy.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Here, have a pox-ridden, mutilated dead puppy. Enjoy!

....no?

Dave

Dave

Here, have a pox-ridden, mutilated dead puppy. Enjoy!

....no?
Kinda like the one I got from my mom?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Kinda like the one I got from my mom?
Yes, only shipped in a closed container across the Atlantic on a slow boat first. Should improve things even more!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

This is actually very true

Dave

Dave

This is actually very true
I still have your picture on my desk at work. I love it when people ask who you are.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Less than 30 seconds to go (in my time zone, at least).
Yes, I'm in. But I'll have to stick to the low end of the limit this year.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Less than 30 seconds to go (in my time zone, at least).
Yes, I'm in. But I'll have to stick to the low end of the limit this year.

--Patrick
Monetary value < Thought, intent, feeling.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Monetary value < Thought, intent, feeling.
What I will do < What I will want to do

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

What I will do < What I will want to do

--Patrick
At least in my case, and I'm fairly sure this will apply to you too, even if I was a millionaire, this would still end up true; not because the left is too small but because the right grows along with possibilities to be always just a bit more than reasonable. Don't sweat it ;)

Tress

Tress

Just an FYI: I haven't forgotten about this. It will move on to the next step either today or tomorrow. Thank you for your patience everyone!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just an FYI: I haven't forgotten about this. It will move on to the next step either today or tomorrow. Thank you for your patience everyone!
Whoever I get will hopefully allow for slightly tardy delivery...shipping to the US can take more than 2 weeks this season :p
And it's ALL YOUR FAULT. ;)

Emrys

Emrys

Whoever I get will hopefully allow for slightly tardy delivery...shipping to the US can take more than 2 weeks this season :p
And it's ALL YOUR FAULT. ;)
You have owls. Send it air mail.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You have owls. Send it air mail.
Despite what the Potter movies claim, even a team of two owls can't comfortably carry 20 pounds of broom across hundreds of miles. No rest points in the middle of the Atlantic, and we don't dare land on the ocean anymore because of those damned sea cucumbers.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Tress, it's OK.
It's not even going to be December for another 15hrs (in your time zone).[DOUBLEPOST=1448903515,1448903415][/DOUBLEPOST]
shipping to the US can take more than 2 weeks this season :p
Order at Amazon.com instead of Amazon.nl, problem solved!

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Order at Amazon.com instead of Amazon.nl, problem solved!

--Patrick
How can they deliver my home-made cookies and self-brewed beer? :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

How can they deliver my home-made cookies and self-brewed beer? :p
...by drone?

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

...by drone?

--Patrick
As if a drone could do anything an owl can't !

...Perhaps i can use the drones as islands to rest on. Hmmmm....

PatrThom

PatrThom

As if a drone could do anything an owl can't !

...Perhaps i can use the drones as islands to rest on. Hmmmm....
Like little tiny S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarriers.

--Patrick

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'll throw this out for whomsoever gets me.

I enjoy anything handmade. Anything.
Art, a handcrafted replica of your car, some sweets you made, maybe some sweet pics of your butt.

Gravity falls, Steven universe, zelda, mario.. hard to go wrong with anything related to those, love em all.

I dig anything local, so if you have some shot glasses, journals with the town name, maybe some sweet pics of your butt, it's all good.

I hope that helps whoever you are

Tress

Tress

Okay.

Everyone should have a name by now. I also did my best to respect people who did not want to ship internationally. If there is a problem, or if you didn't get the info, send me a PM and I'll be happy work out the kinks.

Happy Secret Santa 2015 everyone! Please ship things out as soon as you can.

Remember to post comments and pictures when you get your gifts!

Bubble181

Bubble181

So....am I the only who received "Tress, twice" as his recipient? :p

(name and address received, no worries)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So....am I the only who received "Tress, twice" as his recipient? :p

(name and address received, no worries)
Everyone should have gotten Poe. Damnit tress, what do I bribe you for?

Anonymous

Gift sent. @stienman gets to mark something off of his Amazon wish list. Should be there Friday.

Anonymous

Dear @Officer_Charon,

You said you wanted to be surprised. Do you mind if the gift is warm, alive, cuddly, and eager to get back to its mommy up North?
Or, do you have other suggestions?

evilmike

evilmike

Dear @Officer_Charon,

You said you wanted to be surprised. Do you mind if the gift is warm, alive, cuddly, and eager to get back to its mommy up North?
Or, do you have other suggestions?
Dear Anonymous,

Instead of a doomweasel, the package contained @HCGLNS .

One Star. Would not secret Santa again.

@Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Heh heh... in lieu of tuberat, may I suggest something geeky, anime-related, or cop-related?

Collectible-type stuff is appreciated, but not easily kept, as I have nowhere to store such items.

Anonymous

Dear @BErt,

Above your bed of coals
You won't need any stocking,
For one of my new goals:
I'll do your Christmas stalking.

Upon this message board
You've left a solid imprint
You've only been so good,
So here are things you won't get:

Megaman, Toon Link, Ike, Sonic, or Villager Amiibos
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Oreos
Human Baby
Beer
Durr poster
Outhouse with multiple seats
Sushi pet costume
Tshirt, "I met stienman and didn't have a baby"
World Cup

This isn't much to go on
But by this time next week
You'll know just what you have won
And keep your winning streak

BErt

:D I always get incredibly spoiled during these things...

Dei

Dei

:D I always get incredibly spoiled during these things...
Then there was the time you introduced me to TeeTurtle and now I shop there all the time. :x

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

To me it's always the thought that counts, but requesting something small and blue if it's turquoise even better... :) pay day is Friday so shipping out my gift this weekend

Anonymous

To @BananaHands: I hope you like... bacon.

Anonymous

Hey @evilmike, IR cameras are expensive, what other kinds of stuff are you into?

BananaHands

BananaHands

To @BananaHands: I hope you like... bacon.
:eek:

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dear Secret Santa: OYO sports is having a sale on Backyard Rinks (15% off, use code "BACK2015"), today only... Just sayin'... ;)

strawman

strawman

Dear Secret Santa: OYO sports is having a sale on Backyard Rinks (15% off, use code "BACK2015"), today only... Just sayin'... ;)
Just to make it easy for you, here's the exact set he wants:

http://www.oyosports.com/Hockey/Chicago-Blackhawks/Chicago-Blackhawks-Backyard-Rink_1

:awesome:

(edit in case someone takes this seriously - This is not his preferred team... :trolol:)

evilmike

evilmike

Hey @evilmike, IR cameras are expensive, what other kinds of stuff are you into?
It's hard to go wrong with Lego products, but here are some other options:

Book ideas:
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe
To Be or Not To Be by Ryan North
The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs by Karen Page
Theory of Fun for Game DesignDec 2, 2013 by Raph Koster

Comic Book ideas:
Chew Volume 10: Blood Puddin' by John Layman
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1: Squirrel Power by Ryan North

Other:
Ultra Fast & Accurate, High-Performing Digital Food/Meat Thermometer - Lavatools Javelin/Thermowand (Chipotle) by Lavatools

What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe

Anonymous

I... hope that's not a bad :O ...

Anonymous

@Bumble the Boy Wonder, Perhaps you might be forthcoming with preferences? I am reasonably certain that you don't wish to be subscribed to Cheeses of the World.

Then again, perhaps you might... who knows, when dealing with a Bumble?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'll throw this out for whomsoever gets me.

I enjoy anything handmade. Anything.
Art, a handcrafted replica of your car, some sweets you made, maybe some sweet pics of your butt.

Gravity falls, Steven universe, zelda, mario.. hard to go wrong with anything related to those, love em all.

I dig anything local, so if you have some shot glasses, sketch journals with the town name, maybe some sweet pics of your butt, it's all good.

I hope that helps whoever you are
Honestly, I'll be stoked with anything

PatrThom

PatrThom

Honestly, I'll be stoked with anything
Ha! You mean "stoked," like with the wind from a Bellows?
0e1a5a716d886c99105d01544f0920c2a538a17e_hq.gif
--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

I have found the perfect gift for @Cajungal.

This is what the rest of you knuckleknobs are getting.

Merry Christmas.

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is what the rest of you knuckleknobs are getting.
Merry Christmas.
Black_opsFerret.jpg

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

strawman

strawman

Gift sent. @stienman gets to mark something off of his Amazon wish list. Should be there Friday.
What's this? An unaccounted for amazon box?

Hmmm, better check with my wife before opening it...
image.jpeg

Definitely suspicious, she doesn't know anything either.

I consider having the bomb squad (eleven year old who is always walking around imagining things while making explosion noises) check it out, but decide to open it myself.
image.jpeg

Fortunately the package did not explode (but the air cushions made a nice pop when they were "defused" but the aforementioned bomb squad). The note, however, yields no clues as to who sent this, but brazenly claims its from my "secret Santa"

The well secured contents will shortly reveal their secret.
image.jpeg

Woohoo! Dominion!

This is great, thank you so much!

I have few clues to go on, but perhaps I'll discover my secret santa's identity... Right after I master this game...

Dei

Dei

Dominion is awesome!

Anonymous

@Bowielee, is it possible to have you update your Amazon wishlist? Newest addition is from 4 years ago... and many are a decade old... otherwise you're getting anything I can find near the local fursnake ranch.

BErt

I can say this for a fact. My Secret Santa is not a liar. I did not get Reese's Oreos...
image.jpeg
I got Pumpkin Spice Oreos!

These are great, I never got around to picking them up this year. Thank you Santa - who is still a secret!

Bowielee

Bowielee

@Bowielee, is it possible to have you update your Amazon wishlist? Newest addition is from 4 years ago... and many are a decade old... otherwise you're getting anything I can find near the local fursnake ranch.
Updated :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

That was partly why I updated my Amazon wish list, myself.

strawman

strawman

I have few clues to go on, but perhaps I'll discover my secret santa's identity... Right after I master this game...
Looking for people via language style is fun. Guess how many people use "duh" and "ain't" on the forum? If you guessed not many, you'd be right!

The investigation continues...

Tress

Tress

Looking for people via language style is fun. Guess how many people use "duh" and "ain't" on the forum? If you guessed not many, you'd be right!

I can tell you... for a price...

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I can tell you... for a price...
It ain't gonna be cheap, duh

jwhouk

jwhouk

That was what I wasn't sure about with the SS stuff. I think this year and last, as I had to send via the net, I revealed myself as Halforums Secret Santa in the gift receipt.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I know board games tend to be a bit cheaper stateside, but Dominion for $20? Damn. I wanted to include one or two of the "small" expansions on my list for a SS in the family here, but couldn't find any that fit the price range of up to €20.

Enjoy, it's a nice game :)

Anonymous

My SS gift says it should arrive by Wednesday, hope you enjoy it @Bowielee.

Dave

Dave

It was me. There. Happy?

I almost didn't get that because on the board game forum (that I joined to get clues) you already had a couple Dominion games. But since it was on your wishlist and had JUST been updated, I took a chance.

Hope you & the family like it!

strawman

strawman

It was me. There. Happy?

I almost didn't get that because on the board game forum (that I joined to get clues) you already had a couple Dominion games. But since it was on your wishlist and had JUST been updated, I took a chance.

Hope you & the family like it!
Thanks! We made a mistake when staying over at a friends years ago and we now have two intrigues, a prosperity, but no main set, so we must have switched our main set for an intrigue, and while we can play with the prosperity and intrigue we've missed the base set.

So I really appreciate it, I promise it will get a lot of use!

Tress

Tress

It was me. There. Happy
You ruined my chance to sell your identity. The only reason I started doing this was for that sweet, sweet Santa money.

Anonymous

@Hylian Your gift is on it's way. Should be monday-ish.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Anonymous sure did pair with a lot of people.

Tress

Tress

Anonymous sure did pair with a lot of people.
image.jpeg

BErt

I got some more stuff! My Secret Santa certainly did their homework.

- They knew I liked pumpkin spice.
- They knew I liked Oreos.
- They knew I was a dummy who locked myself out of my own house.
image.jpeg
- They know I'm a Lions fan...
But most of all they know I like to dress my dog up and embarrass him on the Internet.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thank you so much Santa! The key lock will certainly be put to good use. Merry Christmas!

Dei

Dei

Omg cute!

Anonymous

Klew you're gift should arrive between dec 11-17. Sorry it will not be gift wrapped or have a card attached as the seller through amazon does not provide this service. Please expect a card and a smaller wrapped gift sometime after xmas

Anonymous

@Bubble181

This may be a weird question but do you have a preference for what language you would like your gift in?

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Bubble181

This may be a weird question but do you have a preference for what language you would like your gift in?
It depends on the type of gift, I guess. Books, preferably original if that's Dutch, French or English. Computer games, definitely English. Board games....Depends, if they're originally in English, English, otherwise, Dutch if there's an affordable version available (because localized versions are often way more expensive), otherwise English is just fine. Any sort of referencing to pop culture stuff (errr, a Harry Potter blanket or a Star Wars plaque to hang on the wall, or whatever), probably English.
Try to avoid Arabic, the local police and post are a bit over-eager at the moment :p

Anonymous

@Bubble181

The ETA for your gifts are between 12 Dec 2015 - 14 Dec 2015

Anonymous

@jwhouk My question only about one-quarter-of-the-way spoils the surprise. So if you don't answer I'll just go with my gut.

Are there any hockey teams you absolutely hate?

Anonymous

I thought I was going to miss the shipping deadline, but inspiration struck!

@blotsfan your package should be home in time for Christmas.

Anonymous

@jwhouk Your packages are on the way!

Anonymous

@BananaHands - your gift is on its way!

Anonymous

Hey @evilmike, did you get that thing I sent ya?

evilmike

evilmike

Hey @evilmike, did you get that thing I sent ya?
It just arrived. Thank you so much, this is a wonderful set. Bonus points for finding a Lego set that was named after you.

Anonymous

It just arrived. Thank you so much, this is a wonderful set. Bonus points for finding a Lego set that was named after you.
We want pictures when it's completed!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

A wild box appears! What's this!

Yes, I opened it before the pictures were taken, wasn't sure it wasn't something that I had ordered for my wife.

Ah, a nicely wrapped package inside...

There's a card attached...

Here's what's inside the box...

I'm curious, what can it be...

A Lego Raphael keychain!! Thanks Santa @Cog! I'll put it to use!

Bowielee

Bowielee

IMG_0066.JPG

Thank you Santa! I love the puzzle ring and the Amiibo. You're the non-grinchiest.

Anonymous

@Made Ya Blush your gifts are in the mail. Unfortunately, theres a chance not everything will make it in time for christmas, but you definitely won't be empty-handed by then.

BErt

I wanted to confirm that my gift has been shipped. But also...I got another thing!

image.jpeg

Holy shit, this is EXCELLENT! I remember that it was given away on opening day for Guardians of the Galaxy, but my friend made me wait a week to go to see it so I didn't get one. I love it.

This package had a return name and address but I can't place it so my Santa is still secret to me. I don't know if you want to stay that way, but thank you so much for everything!!

Anonymous

Dirona, I expect it could take a little over a week, but look for a box with an address label that looks like it was torn against a leg while standing in line at the post office.

strawman

strawman

This package had a return name and address but I can't place it so my Santa is still secret to me. I don't know if you want to stay that way, but thank you so much for everything!!
You're welcome! That's the last gift, so I'll lift the curtain. I'm really glad you liked what I sent, and honestly it was a lot of fun going through your last year's worth of posts to learn more about you. The outhouse thing and dog outfits, for instance, cracked me up.

Lots of fun!

BErt

You're welcome! That's the last gift, so I'll lift the curtain. I'm really glad you liked what I sent, and honestly it was a lot of fun going through your last year's worth of posts to learn more about you. The outhouse thing and dog outfits, for instance, cracked me up.

Lots of fun!
That outhouse thing is still a damn mystery.... :D

strawman

strawman

That outhouse thing is still a damn mystery.... :D
I think that's as it should be.

Anonymous

@Cajungal Your gift is going out in two parts! Part one is leaving tomorrow!

Anonymous

@Officer_Charon : something went wrong (AKA "I'm a dummy"), so your gift, while on its way, has no note, no gift wrapping, or any other distinguishing features making it fun or original. Sorry :oops:. It should be arriving either Friday the 18th or Monday the 21st.

Anonymous

@Bubble181

Just as a FYI your gifts were shipped in two different packages and the first one should arrive December 12th and the second is supposed to arrive on December 14th

Anonymous

@Celt Z I'm trying desperately to make sure your gift gets packaged and sent out by this week.. though I may not meet the deadline by a day or two :(

Doing my best to make sure it gets to you!

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

Can't wait for my secret Santa gift to arrive even if it arrives late as it's the thought that counts. Now I just have to figure out where to set up my Xmas tree so Srirachia doesn't destroy it

Anonymous

@Dei.

Your gift should arrive between December 15th - 19th. I hope you enjoy it. If it's late, you'll still love me, right?

Dei

Dei

@Dei.

Your gift should arrive between December 15th - 19th. I hope you enjoy it. If it's late, you'll still love me, right?
I guess that really depends on if I love you now. :p

Anonymous

I guess that really depends on if I love you now. :p
:eek:

Anonymous

@PatrThom your package should be in your mailbox on Saturday.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@PatrThom your package should be in your mailbox on Saturday.
Guess I'd better hurry up and build a mailbox!

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Hylian Has your gift arrived? According to Amazon it was delivered over the weekend.

Hylian

Hylian

@Hylian Has your gift arrived? According to Amazon it was delivered over the weekend.

I checked on Monday and it had not arrived. I will check with the apartment office and see if it ended up in with them somehow. I was going to check with them yesterday but I got home late and was unable to check with them . :)

Cog

Cog

A wild box appears! What's this!

A Lego Raphael keychain!! Thanks Santa @Cog! I'll put it to use!
Glad you liked it. I'm very bad picking presents. It seems like I wasn't supposed to tell you who I was, but that's not the way we play Secret Santa.

Hylian

Hylian

I got home and checked with my apartments office and found my gift arrived (they forgot to tell me)!

So what do we have here?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh! Thank you so much my secret Santa! :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

@jwhouk My question only about one-quarter-of-the-way spoils the surprise. So if you don't answer I'll just go with my gut.

I root for only two teams: The Nashville Predators and whoever's playing the Chicago Blackhawks.

Everyone else is the enemy.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I got BaCoN!

Loads and loads of Wisconsin bacon! Thank you, you zany cheesehead.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You are very welcome! Enjoy!

BananaHands

BananaHands

You are very welcome! Enjoy!
PS go blackhawks
:hide:

jwhouk

jwhouk

PS go blackhawks
:hide:
Stick, gloves, SHIRT!

blotsfan

blotsfan

You know, I remember when you said all this about Detroit. You're a bandwagon hater.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You know, I remember when you said all this about Detroit. You're a bandwagon hater.
They're in the east now, so the hate is not as strong. But it's still there, I promise.

The Blackhawk hate is in a different category. If you have never lived in Wisconsin, you do not understand the Chicago-Milwaukee (and by extension, Green Bay) rivalry. It's one of the few things I don't understand about people in this state who say they're Blackhawks fans.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

They're in the east now, so the hate is not as strong. But it's still there, I promise.

The Blackhawk hate is in a different category. If you have never lived in Wisconsin, you do not understand the Chicago-Milwaukee (and by extension, Green Bay) rivalry. It's one of the few things I don't understand about people in this state who say they're Blackhawks fans.
It might make more sense if Milwaukee had an NHL team.

And of course Milwaukee makes more sense than Phoenix, Tampa, or Miami.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Bucks are getting a new arena so I think the NHL will start looking there, assuming it's going to be built for hockey as well.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Bucks are getting a new arena so I think the NHL will start looking there, assuming it's going to be built for hockey as well.
...No it isn't. That discussion was already made. Harris Turer (owner of the Admirals) mentioned that the Bucks didn't want to put in an ice plant.

The Ads will likely end up back at the U.S. Cellular Arena (aka the old Milwaukee Arena) once the New Bucks Arena is built.

Anonymous

Update for @blotsfan
UPS says you should get your package on Saturday.

Anonymous

@Emrys
YOUR DOOM APPROACHES (somewheres 12/16-12/30)
IT WILL FOLLOW YOU FOREVER

Emrys

Emrys

@Emrys
YOUR DOOM APPROACHES (somewheres 12/16-12/30)
IT WILL FOLLOW YOU FOREVER
You're sending me another doomweasel? <squeeee!>

Bubble181

Bubble181

Doomweasels, sadly, eventually die, so won't follow you "forever". Clearly, (s)he's sending a robo-weasel

blotsfan

blotsfan

...No it isn't. That discussion was already made. Harris Turer (owner of the Admirals) mentioned that the Bucks didn't want to put in an ice plant.

The Ads will likely end up back at the U.S. Cellular Arena (aka the old Milwaukee Arena) once the New Bucks Arena is built.
That sucks. I think Milwaukee would be a good market for an NHL team.

Update for @blotsfan
UPS says you should get your package on Saturday.
Conversely, that doesn't suck at all.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Rainy day, didn't feel like going out to get the mail, wife came in and asked what this package was.

Well well well... An OYO Sports Minifig!

And it's of a certain NHL goaltender...

Thanks to my Secret Santa (who works at Radar Toys in Eugene, Oregon - or else he/she got them to mail it out...)!

Anonymous

You're welcome! There's one more package on its way!

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

I was working late, hence I got home late. My fiancé asks what I had ordered from Sephora, I double checked their website and told him nothing, he then proceeds to hand me a package from Sephora!!!! Needless to say there was a lot of jumping up and down along with squealing... This was going to go under our tree once we set it up, but it's from sephora so I couldn't help myself. Thank you to my secret Santa!!! This is an awesome present!!!:rofl:

blotsfan

blotsfan

Glad you like it. Theres some more on the way. :)

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

:aaah:Omg, there is more!!! Thank you so much blotsfan!!!

Dave

Dave

Getting you a new doorstop.

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Bubble181

Just as a FYI your gifts were shipped in two different packages and the first one should arrive December 12th and the second is supposed to arrive on December 14th
First package arrived :) No pictures yet, late for work, but thanks @Hylian! It's a book I've been meaning to read for a while and I'm genuinely curious whether or not the modern coloring-for-adults is something for me or not :) :thumbsup::heart:

Emrys

Emrys

Getting you a new doorstop.

Dave! :eek:

Anonymous

@Cog , your Secret Santa gifts are virtually on the way.

Cog

Cog

@Cog , your Secret Santa gifts are virtually on the way.
Gifts Received! Thank you! So, do you want a picture of my pc running them or a print screen is enough?

Anonymous

Gifts Received! Thank you! So, do you want a picture of my pc running them or a print screen is enough?
Whichever you deem the most appropriate!

Bubble181

Bubble181

And they call me insensitive!

*runs and hides*

Emrys

Emrys

And they call me insensitive!

*runs and hides*
@Dave will be getting more in his stocking than he bargained for.

Cog

Cog

Second gift received! I love it! If you want see it or if you want to know who my secret santa is, go here

Cajungal

Cajungal

What a great idea! :)

Anonymous

@Cajungal Gift 1 arrives on Monday, gift 2 arrives on Wednesday! Well, according to FedEx.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*gleeee*

Anonymous

@PatrThom tracking says it was left at your porch/front door an hour ago, so let me know. :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm at work, it'll probably be another 4hrs until I get home, then it'll be dinner time, then family time, then bedtime.
It might take until Mon before I get pics up, surprise surprise after this I go in early on Sun.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Found this at my doorstep.

image (1).jpeg

ITS BUBBLE WRAP! Just what I wanted! How did you know?

image (2).jpeg

Oh and theres some Star Wars stuff too. Odd of that to ship with it but whatever.

image (3).jpeg

loljk thank you Secret Santa!

Bubble181

Bubble181

ITS BUBBLE WRAP! Just what I wanted! How did you know?
....I had nothing to do with this. And why do you want me to wrap something?

blotsfan

blotsfan

You misunderstand, I want a Bubble181 Rap

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yo, this is the story
all about how
My life got twisted all up-side down
Me and.....

Yeah, sorry, I got nothin'. :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh and theres some [other] stuff too. Odd of that to ship with it but whatever.
It cushioned the bubble wrap.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

What...the WHAT. This is awesome! Thanks for the Mario ukulele music, Santa! Can't wait to try these out... :D

BErt

Super Best!

Dave

Dave

Okay, I fucked up the unboxing. No funny unboxing pictures. I came home from work, saw a package sitting on the table with no return address, so I just ripped it open. It wasn't until I got the the "Merry Halforums Christmas!!" that I realized what I'd done. Bad Dave! Bad!

Now, the label says it's an "Ugly" sweater. Psyche! I love it! I don't think it's ugly at all and I'm wearing it to work tomorrow. Thanks, Secret Santa! (Whom I think I know who it is, but I am not saying in case I get it wrong because that would be embarrassing!)

2015-12-14 16.05.56.jpg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Okay, I fucked up the unboxing. No funny unboxing pictures. I came home from work, saw a package sitting on the table with no return address, so I just ripped it open. It wasn't until I got the the "Merry Halforums Christmas!!" that I realized what I'd done. Bad Dave! Bad!

Now, the label says it's an "Ugly" sweater. Psyche! I love it! I don't think it's ugly at all and I'm wearing it to work tomorrow. Thanks, Secret Santa! (Whom I think I know who it is, but I am not saying in case I get it wrong because that would be embarrassing!)

That says more about you than the sweater. :p

Dei

Dei

Omg a big package! What could be inside?!

Presents!

Hmmm, gift tags with no name?

!!!!!!!!

I guess I still love you Secret Santa. [emoji173]

jwhouk

jwhouk

Wet rainy day, and... a package is in the mailbox!

To "jwhouk"... Hmmmmmmm...

I go to open it - cat decides she's going to help:

And lo and behold, it's a...

(looks back up thread)

(looks at avatar)

Flyers.
:facepalm:

This is what I get for not following one of the 12 "mainstream" teams in the NHL, I guess...

Thanks, anyways, Secret Santa.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...you could always smash then with a hammer and sprinkle them in your cocoa like I do. Merry Christmas! Sorry they didn't have your team (and that I didn't see your response til it was too late).

jwhouk

jwhouk

...They're plastic.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*sigh* Seriously? Did I at least remember to attach a gift receipt?? :( Gah, I'm sorry. I don't have any excuse except that it's kind of been a crazy couple of weeks.

klew

klew

A mystery box with a French return address (and nifty blue straps that I cut off pre-photo)?
The Doctor Who Journal of Impossible Things!
Should go well with my DVD and POP collection. It's almost too nice to use. I'll have to find a lady who would appreciate the ring.
Thanks secret Frenchie (if this is indeed from one of us)!

Anonymous

Wow. Did I miss something about upping the price limits this year?! Lords of Waterdeep + Munchkin Zombies.....sheesh, SS must love you!
Well, that, or someone here needs to cough up what retailer they're buying from for those prices :p

Anonymous

What...the WHAT. This is awesome! Thanks for the Mario ukulele music, Santa! Can't wait to try these out... :D
Wasn't sure if the titles to th songs would be in Japanese or not - but glad you like it! One more gift on the way that's more just a random fun things.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wow. Did I miss something about upping the price limits this year?! Lords of Waterdeep + Munchkin Zombies.....sheesh, SS must love you!
Well, that, or someone here needs to cough up what retailer they're buying from for those prices :p
The price limits are a suggestion, as in, don't expect the gift you receive to be beyond this. What you yourself spend is entirely up to you.

BErt

I was really hoping it would get to be Big Ten Championship shirt, but then I found that and thought it was pretty nifty. Glad you like it! :D

Anonymous

@Ravenpoe - I ordered your gift on Amazon two weeks ago, and after hounding the seller, I just got an email this morning saying they're out-of-stock, even though they originally said the item was shipped and should arrive between Dec. 9-14. So while I rip them a new one, I'm going to have to start over. I'm so sorry your gift is going to be late. I'll get another out ASAP.

Anonymous

@PatrThom I know you said you were busy, but since tracking said it was left at your door could you at least confirm that you got the package even though you can't post pics yet? ;)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

@Ravenpoe - I ordered your gift on Amazon two weeks ago, and after hounding the seller, I just got an email this morning saying they're out-of-stock, even though they originally said the item was shipped and should arrive between Dec. 9-14. So while I rip them a new one, I'm going to have to start over. I'm so sorry your gift is going to be late. I'll get another out ASAP.
It's all cool.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@PatrThom I know you said you were busy, but since tracking said it was left at your door could you at least confirm that you got the package even though you can't post pics yet? ;)
Did, though I didn't report it.
Pics were taken last night, on schedule.
Soon as I finish attempting to resurrect a Performa 200 I was "volunteered" on I will start pic processing.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

I was really hoping it would get to be Big Ten Championship shirt, but then I found that and thought it was pretty nifty. Glad you like it! :D
I actually REALLY like it. My only problem with it is the fact that it's very Christmasy and I'll have to put it away over the summer!

Anonymous

@Ravenpoe- you have two boxes coming! Make sure you take pictures, especially the white box.

Anonymous

@Celt Z I've been waiting to recieve your gift, or even hear anything back from the seller, but I'm rapidly running out of hope..
I'm going to give it another day or so, but I'm afraid I may have to go with a plan B.

Either way, I'm sorry the wait has been so long! :(

Celt Z

Celt Z

@Celt Z I've been waiting to recieve your gift, or even hear anything back from the seller, but I'm rapidly running out of hope..
I'm going to give it another day or so, but I'm afraid I may have to go with a plan B.

Either way, I'm sorry the wait has been so long! :(
No worries! :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well now, two packages....let's see....

20151216_001619.jpg 20151216_001657.jpg

oooh! Two books I actually haven't read yet and I was going to buy for myself later because I wanted to read them, and an adult coloring book, which I've been thinking about trying out for a while now! Excellent!

I won't post the note included, since it also includes the SS's real name and I don't know whether he wants that out there (well, I have the person in question on Facebook so presumably he told this forum at some point in time, but still).

Anyway, thanks Santa! You rock!

Attachments

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well now, two packages....let's see....

View attachment 19917 View attachment 19918

oooh! Two books I actually haven't read yet and I was going to buy for myself later because I wanted to read them, and an adult coloring book, which I've been thinking about trying out for a while now! Excellent!

I won't post the note included, since it also includes the SS's real name and I don't know whether he wants that out there (well, I have the person in question on Facebook so presumably he told this forum at some point in time, but still).

Anyway, thanks Santa! You rock!
You're even on the cover of the coloring book!

I wonder if @evilmike will post pictures of his gift... not that I have any vested interest in that or anything...

Dei

Dei

Too bad you didn't get this coloring book.

PatrThom

PatrThom

00pkg.jpg

It stuck around for a couple days until I was able to properly (ahem) address it.
01pkgtbl.jpg

This is not our usual tablecloth, I swear.
02scissors.jpg

03open.jpg

Success!
04inside.jpg

05reachin.jpg

06contents.jpg

Cary: "Hey, what are you doing? What's that? Did you get a box of diamond?"
Me: "No, that's just wrapping paper."
Cary: "Is that a present? Can I open it? (holds out hand)"
Me: "No, Cary. This is a present for me. That means I get to open it."
Cary: "Oh. Are you going to save me the paper?"
Me: "Sure, why not."
Cary: "Yay!"
07card.jpg

08cardopen.jpg

Ooo! "Buy some cards or something," it says. Ok. I've gone and unlocked the remaining explorers areas, this was much faster than waiting to earn 2100 gold. Thank you.

"The return address probably gives it away."
Yes. Yes it did. I noticed before I even opened the package. ;)
09boxpeel.jpg

Must peel the duct tape carefully, going to try and save the paper for Cary.

10unwrap.jpg

Hmm...does not appear to be anything I'm familiar with.

11getbit.jpg

Well, this game looks like it could be interesting for family fun times. And it looks easy enough for Cary to learn. Hmm...
12gestalt.jpg

Thank you, Secret Santa! I'm sure we'll bust into it soon enough when Cary starts singing the "I'm Bored" song during Winter break.

Speaking of Cary...hey there, kiddo, do you still want the...
13grabngo.jpg

"MINE! DIAMOND PAPER! HAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha..."

"GRRrrrrrmrmmrmmrmmrmm"
14eatpaper.jpg

And then he loved it and squeezed it and called it George.
15shirt.jpg

...until the television turned his brain back into mush.
--Patrick

Dei

Dei

My kids had a lot of fun with that game, so I figured you could use it for family fun time as well. :) Have fun with the new adventure too!

evilmike

evilmike

You're even on the cover of the coloring book!

I wonder if @evilmike will post pictures of his gift... not that I have any vested interest in that or anything...
I will -- it's just that I'm holding off opening the instruction book until after I've seen a certain movie.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I will -- it's just that I'm holding off opening the instruction book until after I've seen a certain movie.
I suppose that makes sense. How about a box shot?

... That sounds dirty

PatrThom

PatrThom

I suppose that makes sense. How about a box shot?

... That sounds dirty
Not as dirty as a moon shot.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

This is not our usual tablecloth, I swear.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What dis? More treats??

That...is a lotta bachelor stuff! @BananaHands I must have missed that you worked on this show! Contestant or crew?? I need information!

I accept this rose. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Dave

Dave

Lots of Bachelor swag! I wonder who it could have been! :rofl:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Lots of Bachelor swag! I wonder who it could have been! :rofl:
Yes. Especially mysterious who could possibly have left that signed note in her package.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

I saw that but I'd have known regardless.

Anonymous

@Emrys
DELIVERY ISSUES MOUNT
THEY MERELY DELAY THE INEVITABLE

Emrys

Emrys

My very kind Secret Santa called me at work today to let me know about these delivery issues. I had already gotten a call from Purolator that morning and we arranged for an alternate delivery address.

So, I used the time while on the phone to have my doomweasels trace the call. I now know where my Secret Santa lives and have dispatched a unit to surround the premises and hold them secure for my arrival.

Soon, my friend. Oh yes, very soon.

Anonymous

Dirona, tracking just updated, and it has taken a week just to go from one side of my state to the other.

BananaHands

BananaHands

What dis? More treats??

That...is a lotta bachelor stuff! @BananaHands I must have missed that you worked on this show! Contestant or crew?? I need information!

I accept this rose. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!
Crew! Worked as an APOC for a bit, now work nights in post as a dubber. Glad you enjoyed the swag!

Emrys

Emrys

My doom has arrived and he's beautiful! Here he is guarding my desk at work while I work very hard read Halforums all day.

His name is Barnebas and he will join Malachi on my book shelves, where they will guard my precious books from all intruders.

Thank you, Secret Santa! I still don't know who you are (though the doomweasels are working on that).

Anonymous

@Ravenpoe - USPS says your gift #1 was delivered today! Amazon says gift #2 will arrive....sometime next week. :mad:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

@Ravenpoe - USPS says your gift #1 was delivered today! Amazon says gift #2 will arrive....sometime next week. :mad:
I haven't been to my PO box yet, I'll have to go get it tomorrow!

PatrThom

PatrThom

My doom has arrived and he's beautiful! Here he is guarding my desk at work while I work very hard read Halforums all day. His name is Barnebas and he will join Malachi on my book shelves, where they will guard my precious books from all intruders. Thank you, Secret Santa! I still don't know who you are (though the doomweasels are working on that).
I wouldn't be too disappointed. Even the cable guy hasn't been able to find our house on multiple occasions, and he had directions and a map.

Barnebas looks a little more disheveled than I expected after his trip, perhaps a quick brushing will restore his luster and get him ready for his next inspection. I hope Malachi isn't too territorial and is willing to share sentry duty. Also, you recently expressed a desire for something snuggleable, so once he's learned how to fit in, I hope he's an inspiration to all who need it.

Enjoy. :)

--Patrick

Anonymous

hey @Officer_Charon, tracking says your package was delivered on Tuesday. Have you received it?

Anonymous

@Celt Z Update!
The etsy gift fell through :( I scrambled and got you a sweet replacement though! But it didn't get shipped until today..
Good news is, it's on its wayyyy!!
Sorry for the delay, thanks for the patience!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Oh hey, what's this? I got a big white box in my post. No shot of the box, because I'm too lazy to edit out the return address, but it's from NJ. Hmm... who do I know from NJ?

What's in the box?!?

Someone's been reading my wish list... let's whip this thing out and...

Oh, it's candy! And a Ninja Turtles bouncy ball! And a Fallout 4 Bobblehead! And a little Zelda figurine!

You know there needs to be a shot that includes the horrible tablecloth on my work table. Thanks, L.C. from Jersey!

Anonymous

Oh hey, what's this? I got a big white box in my post. No shot of the box, because I'm too lazy to edit out the return address, but it's from NJ. Hmm... who do I know from NJ?

What's in the box?!?

Someone's been reading my wish list... let's whip this thing out and...

Oh, it's candy! And a Ninja Turtles bouncy ball! And a Fallout 4 Bobblehead! And a little Zelda figurine!

You know there needs to be a shot that includes the horrible tablecloth on my work table. Thanks, L.C. from Jersey!
No picture of the note that came with it?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

There's a note? Was it in the box? Because I'm not finding any note.

Anonymous

There's a note? Was it in the box? Because I'm not finding any note.
There was a note on an index card in the box. :(

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

There was a note on an index card in the box. :(
I just tore the box and the wrapping apart, no note that I can find.

Anonymous

The note, which has mysteriously disappeared, said, "It's not the Devastator, but it's got some serious balls! Revenge! Merry Christmas!" which should be a big hint who your Secret Santa is (and why the present was wrapped that way). ;)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The note, which has mysteriously disappeared, said, "It's not the Devastator, but it's got some serious balls! Revenge! Merry Christmas!" which should be a big hint who your Secret Santa is (and why the present was wrapped that way). ;)

Aha! I'd already guessed who it was, from the location and the fact that somewhere in my brain, I seem to think I know what your first name is... or at least enough to remember it starts with an L. I think...

But thanks! I laughed heartily when I opened the package.

Next year though... you're totally getting the devastator.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Aha! I'd already guessed who it was, from the location and the fact that somewhere in my brain, I seem to think I know what your first name is... or at least enough to remember it starts with an L. I think...

But thanks! I laughed heartily when I opened the package.

Next year though... you're totally getting the devastator.
I want you to know I laughed when Tress said I got you, and this was my first idea. If Amazon hadn't screwed up part of your gift, the original shape was supposed to be more Devastator-like. (There was supposed to be a poster in the middle.) In any case, you still have another part coming next week!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Speaking of which, there was supposed to be a note with your present, @Emrys. Did you get it?

--Patrick

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

hey @Officer_Charon, tracking says your package was delivered on Tuesday. Have you received it?
Yes! I'm sorry, I've been busting my ass this holiday season, but I've been meaning to share the pics...

A ThinkGeek box, eh? Fun things come in those...

Hmm?

The game is very fun! It's like Jenga, with the added complication of the unstable platform. My daughter and I immediately played a game, and this is going to be wonderful for helping her develop her focus and hand-eye coordination. Thank you, my benevolent Belgian benefactor!

Emrys

Emrys

Speaking of which, there was supposed to be a note with your present, @Emrys. Did you get it?

--Patrick
No note with Barnebas but he may have eaten it.

Emrys

Emrys

Postscript: Barnebas and Malachi are getting along wonderfully. They have been practicing their book protection moves by falling on my head twice when I was getting something from the bookcase so I know they're up to the challenge.

In other news, a tropical bird told me that I needed to check my mail box so I saddled up the moose and battled ice fog, ice giants, and ice demons to travel the plains to the post office. The payment of a bottle of maple syrup and some beef jerky released my package to me and I headed home to solve this mystery. What could it be? The package was too thin to be another doomweasel (though they can get into some pretty tight spaces).

It's a colouring* book! And coloured* pencils! Sqeee! Just what I need to help recover from weasel-flu! Thank you, @WasabiPoptart, my tropical sister! :heart: I'll post a picture as soon as I finish colouring* one.

*"Coloring" and "colored" for those of you who can't properly spell.

Emrys

Emrys

As requested, here are Barnebas and Malachi on guard duty.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Malachi: "Like this: Rawr!"
Barnebas: "Yes, I see..."

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

Malachi: "Like this: Rawr!"
Barnebas: "Yes, I see..."

--Patrick
LOL! Yes, it was Malachi, then Barnebas.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hmmm.. what's this? A package at my door! And it's wearing a raincoat!
20151223_135244.jpg

Let's get that jacket off and ....*gasp!* This is already my favorite present.
20151223_135420.jpg
This couldn't get any better! Oh, wait, it does! NEWSPAPER!!! :heart:
20151223_135607.jpg
No, wait, something underneath! "Happy Birthday!"
20151223_135620.jpg
And a nifty button, too!
20151223_135625.jpg
So, what's in the box?! No, not Gwenyth's head... but a woman I want to have around! Squee!
20151223_135832.jpg
Hey, there's something underneath!
20151223_135706.jpg
20151223_135711.jpg
Wow... that is all kinds of sexy! I know exactly where to put it...

20151223_140726.jpg
Mmm, mmm! Rawr!

Thank you, Santa @Bumble the Boy Wonder !

Dei

Dei

Your husband is amazing.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Mr. Z was watching me unwrap/photograph the box, and he laughed when he saw the photo. He said he's stealing the idea.

Then:
Celt Z: "...Honey, I have a great idea for the photo."
Mr. Z: "...the suit?"
Celt Z: "Always. Assume the position."

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Yayyyy!! @Celt Z I'm glad you guys enjoyed it :)

Now the question is, how much will I be seeing my autograph going for on ebay next year

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yayyyy!! @Celt Z I'm glad you guys enjoyed it :)

Now the question is, how much will I be seeing my autograph going for on ebay next year
I'm afraid I can't wrench it free from Mr. Z's grasp. No $$ for me.:(

I'm keeping the box top at the insistence of my new little friends. It may be worth something!
20151223_141433.jpg

BErt

Steven Universe Bumble art? what's you address, I'm definitely not going to break into your house and fight you for it.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

In other news, a tropical bird told me that I needed to check my mail box so I saddled up the moose and battled ice fog, ice giants, and ice demons to travel the plains to the post office. The payment of a bottle of maple syrup and some beef jerky released my package to me and I headed home to solve this mystery. What could it be? The package was too thin to be another doomweasel (though they can get into some pretty tight spaces)
It's a colouring* book! And coloured* pencils! Sqeee! Just what I need to help recover from weasel-flu! Thank you, @WasabiPoptart, my tropical sister! :heart: I'll post a picture as soon as I finish colouring* one.

*"Coloring" and "colored" for those of you who can't properly spell.
Yay! I hope that little 'i'iwi didn't freeze it's okole off getting that message to you, though. ;) Hope you recover from weasel-flu quickly!

Anonymous

@Dirona, tracking tells me "Your item departed a transfer airport in Dorval, Montreal, CANADA on December 15, 2015 at 11:14 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Any sight of it yet?

Anonymous

@Bumble the Boy Wonder, I am SO sorry about this season... we had some major unexpected expenses this year, so your present is DELAYED, but not put off.

I shall do what I can to make up for the tardiness, but BE PREPARED!

Tress

Tress

Merry Xmas everyone!

If you did not receive your gift, and you haven't gotten an update, please let me know.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I buried my dog today, which was sad. But I got more presents today, which made me feel a lot better. Thanks @Celt Z!

Spoiled for size (That's what she said!)

This is a cool gift and I love it. But how can I make it inappropriate?

HA HA BOOBIES!

Dirona

Dirona

I went to the post office today (since this is the first day I knew they'd be open since the 24th), and lo and behold, there was unexpected loot! Apparently, it arrived on the 29th - there will be pictures and squee-ing after work this evening.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I went to the post office today (since this is the first day I knew they'd be open since the 24th), and lo and behold, there was unexpected loot! Apparently, it arrived on the 29th - there will be pictures and squee-ing after work this evening.
Yay! You're well enough to go outside again!

--Patrick

Dirona

Dirona

I didn't have a @klew what was in the box! But there were lots of neat goodies.

IMG_20160104_162837.jpg

I'm looking forward to having a chance to read through the book - in my quick skim it looks really interesting, and beautifully put together.
And more musics! A Straight No Chaser that I don't have! Woot!
Alia (the nosey white cat in the background) thinks that Chuck Norris needs to die, and has taken to attacking him at every opportunity.
I love the cards, and my twitchy board fingers will be seeing what else can be made from that lego.

It's a lovely and thoughtful assortment of goodies, and an excellent way to start the new year!
Thanks again @klew!

Oh - and Alia says "thank you for the box".

IMG_20160104_162650.jpg

klew

klew

Yay, it arrived! Couldn't tell what happened because tracking stops just after the border, so good to know they held it for you.