[Announcement] Halforums Stock Exchange is OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, seriously, THQ is in some shit. Their stock has devalued like 20% today. When shares are a buck, that's nuts.
I've learned a little about these types of stocks in the last day. They appear to be called penny stocks, and will become delisted by the stock exchange if things don't turn around in a reasonable amount of time.

Investors suggest people stay away from them unless they are traded at high volumes, and at that point they might consider day trading them, or buying and holding if they know they will go back up.

Otherwise it's usually a waste to do so. While the one penny stock I hold may have some value in the future, it's traded at such a low volume that when you sell, it sells low, and when you buy it buys high - because you are the majority of the market for that day. So you should always check the daily average volume before considering a penny stock.[DOUBLEPOST=1354733079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you think less of me for hovering over that link to make sure it wasn't really something like http*://www.halforums.com/xenforo/bank/history/?transfer_destination=stienman&transfer_amount=100&confirm=TRUE ?

--Patrick
*inserted asterisk to make sure forum didn't shorten the displayed link.
I think you overestimate me. Wish I'd thought of that!

Good luck. Almost no gun companies are publicly traded... they are all private.
I know. Ruger is though, and they look like they're due for a bit of a recovery. Of course they could just be coming down from the fears over the election. People like to buy up guns and ammo cause Obama might take them away.

I know. Ruger is though, and they look like they're due for a bit of a recovery. Of course they could just be coming down from the fears over the election. People like to buy up guns and ammo cause Obama might take them away.
Actually read recently that gun sales are way up recently, because more women are buying guns, people want zombie defenses, and listed uncertainty about the country/hatred of Obama as the 3rd reason. Plus, it's almost Christmas. What woman doesn't want a pretty pink Glock of her own, to unwrap on Christmas morn'?

Actually read recently that gun sales are way up recently, because more women are buying guns, people want zombie defenses, and listed uncertainty about the country/hatred of Obama as the 3rd reason. Plus, it's almost Christmas. What woman doesn't want a pretty pink Glock of her own, to unwrap on Christmas morn'?
Plus the fiscal cliff and possible end of the world is approaching! Stock up while you can.

I remember when Obama was elected the first time. My mom actually came to me and told me to start stocking up on ammunition. She said Obama was going to force the price up so no one could afford bullets any more. :confused:

So, seriously, THQ is in some shit. Their stock has devalued like 20% today. When shares are a buck, that's nuts.
I followed your advice, bought THQI in the middle of the day, and it's up 7%

WOOOOO!

Thanks man! I made almost a dollar off that tip, and I bought another share to boot.

I think I will ride Netflix stock for a bit longer but so far it has been dropping like crazy ever since I bought it. I think I will give it till tomorrow and than I will sell off a chunk of it so I can diversify my portfolio a bit more.

Now the real test for me will be how it works on the iPad. If I can fiddle with my portfolio anytime, anywhere, I can see addiction not too far behind.

B

BErt

I bought everything last night from the ipad without any problems. Now that the lock is off i may have to charge the battery a little more often.

Yeah. I'm going to be in trouble. I only recently deleted the bookmarks from the last forum game from the ipad. It was a wealth building game of some sort wasn't it? I can't remember now, just that if you paid attention and fiddled with it often enough you could gain a ton of wealth pretty quickly and beat the other players in annoying ways.

I suppose this is going to be just as competitive and fun, but without the direct attacks on the other players, and much less easily gamed.

Hmm... For some reason the Stock quoter refuses to retrieve a stock quote (or allow me the option to purchase shares), even though it comes up automatically as a choice if I type in the company name (8x8, stock symbol EGHT). Bloomberg has no trouble pulling it up, any clues what's up?

Dave

Staff member
Hmm... For some reason the Stock quoter refuses to retrieve a stock quote (or allow me the option to purchase shares), even though it comes up automatically as a choice if I type in the company name (8x8, stock symbol EGHT). Bloomberg has no trouble pulling it up, any clues what's up?
Nope. It's happened to me a few times as well. Asking the devs now.

Dave

Staff member
Should be fixed. The dev sent over some code changes that I implemented. Seems some of teh NASDAQ stocks were parsing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.