[Announcement] Halforums Stock Exchange is OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I figured that the 5,000 HB went by so fast that getting 10 for a thread and 1 for a post would make it incredibly difficult to hold on to large portfolios and still have playing money.[DOUBLEPOST=1354729302][/DOUBLEPOST]
Every like and every post gets me 45 shares closer to my goal.
The likes aren't working right now. I thought I said that. :)

Now I'm curious if puns will award halbucks. Just in case, I better stock up on them - hoarding isn't good, but I'm not going to share mine when the next recession hits.

I figured that the 5,000 HB went by so fast that getting 10 for a thread and 1 for a post would make it incredibly difficult to hold on to large portfolios and still have playing money.[DOUBLEPOST=1354729302][/DOUBLEPOST]

The likes aren't working right now. I thought I said that. :)
I don't have time to read posts all the way through. I'm too busy. Too busy making history.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Okay, time to come up with things to say... Particularly things that everybody agrees on, so they will like my posts.

Let's see now... EA sucks, Kurtz sucks, minotaur genitalia, Nick's prom night... what else is there?

Okay, time to come up with things to say... Particularly things that everybody agrees on, so they will like my posts.

Let's see now... EA sucks, Kurtz sucks, minotaur genitalia, Nick's prom night... what else is there?
...sauna pants? You definitely forgot sauna pants.

--Patrick

Hey Dave... is it possible to add the Toronto Stock Exchange to the listings? There's a few Canadian penny stocks I might want to buy up.

Dave it's easy to create a short post that meets the current requirements, and may result in a lot of single line spam. I suggest a few sentences at minimum, something around 180 or more characters.

something around 180 or more characters.
That's just one character a day for 6 months, and your characters will go towards sponsoring the forum member of your choice. You will also receive an avatar of the forum member you are sponsoring* so you will know what a difference you are making in that poster's life.

--Patrick
*Accuracy of avatar not guaranteed, especially for stienman

B

BErt

I may have to start posting more than 3 times a month now. Like maybe 5 or 6 times.

Dave

Staff member
Right now the limit is only 20 characters. I could up it, but I think 20 takes care of most of the crap posts.

You forgot doomweasels. If you had mentioned those, I would definitely have given you a "like" but since you didn't, too bad. Better luck next time.

Dave

Staff member
I'll look into adding the Canadian & Japanese markets. Actually, I'll bug the dev to do it. :D

Right now the limit is only 20 characters. I could up it, but I think 20 takes care of most of the crap posts.
Had I known that 20 minutes ago, I wouldn't have posted 5 posts narrowing it down to 17-24 characters.

I also discovered that deleted posts removed that money.

Now I have to find out if I make a post, spend the money, then delete a post does my HB account go negative...

Had I known that 20 minutes ago, I wouldn't have posted 5 posts narrowing it down to 17-24 characters.

I also discovered that deleted posts removed that money.

Now I have to find out if I make a post, spend the money, then delete a post does my HB account go negative...
This is why we can't have nice things.

Dave

Staff member
WHAT?!? Posting and then deleting the post gives no HB so people can't just spam/delete/spam/delete? No way!

So, seriously, THQ is in some shit. Their stock has devalued like 20% today. When shares are a buck, that's nuts.

I have been playing this for less than a day so far and I am already positive that I should not buy any stocks in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.