[Announcement] Halforums Stock Exchange is OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would buy a copy of MS Office for iOS in a heartbeat. I'd have to play the "clear the decks" with my iPod Touch, but it'd be TOTALLY worth it.

Almost every single stock's giving me red numbers, except for LPHI which is barely green. However, LPHI was also the worst-performing stock in my portfolio, dropping 10% to 20% since I bought it.

stocks.JPG

Dave

Staff member
So there's this 3D printer company called ExOne that was climbing like a sherpa on crack. So I bought a bunch. Then the Motley Fool wrote a piece on how it was overpriced...and the stock plummeted. Fuckers.

Ruger finally climbed out of the hole they were in, so I was able to dump them without a loss. Weight watchers is finally moving up again. Hopefully They keep it up. I'm going to hold onto them until probably the end of the month.

Ruger finally climbed out of the hole they were in, so I was able to dump them without a loss. Weight watchers is finally moving up again. Hopefully They keep it up. I'm going to hold onto them until probably the end of the month.
When did Ruger go into a hole? My stock is up by 25% since I bought it. Even my Smith & Wesson is up by 10%.

When did Ruger go into a hole? My stock is up by 25% since I bought it. Even my Smith & Wesson is up by 10%.
A number of people bought right after the Obama announcements, and the stocks had already gone up a lot, but then deflated just a little in the following few days as investors adjusted to the announcement.

I bought mine right when we started this. It was up quite a bit, but then tanked. It just finally got back into the green for me.

I got mine about a week before the announcement. Ruger, smith and Wesson, and cabelas.

Ruger did better than s&w, but of the three cabellas did the best, and I sold all at a profit a week or two after the announcement.

I expect that bushmaster did even better, since it has a lot of tactical rifles, and those are what the assault ban is going to target.

I must have bought it in the drop then, one grouping I bought is up by $12 per share and the other by like $6. I'm still riding it, overall it's on an upward trend.

...except it's privately held, like colt, beretta, savage arms, and many others.[DOUBLEPOST=1360362006][/DOUBLEPOST]I suspect if you get into it now, you should hold onto it until just before the first gun bill comes to the floor in congress. Until then I expect that they will go up.

I can't view my own stock profile... but I can view other people's...

Server Error

number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. number_format() in NFLJ/StockTrader/Model/Stock.php at line 563
  3. NFLJ_StockTrader_Model_Stock->formatUserStockInfo() in NFLJ/StockTrader/ControllerPublic/Portfolio.php at line 47
  4. NFLJ_StockTrader_ControllerPublic_Portfolio->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

Dave

Staff member
If you have stocks for Office Depot (ODP) or Office Max (OMX), please be aware that these companies have merged and will probably have a new stock symbol. Once that happens we will be getting an error.

And there is a company called Novogen that today released a study on a new ovarian cancer drug. I know I'm probably jinxing it, but it's been rising amazingly well. Love to have gotten in on this back in November, but it's still doing well!

I just bought as much Sony stock as I could. Now, I'm gambling that they're going to make a big splash with their PS4 announcement today that kicks up their stocks some.

Heh. I've been playing the long game, investing as much of my Halbucks as possible in John Deere stock. They're supposed to have a great year, but most of that will be in the 3rd and 4th quarters, so every time the stock dips significantly (like it did today) I've been snapping more of it up. We'll see if this pays off.

Dave

Staff member
Heh. I've been playing the long game, investing as much of my Halbucks as possible in John Deere stock. They're supposed to have a great year, but most of that will be in the 3rd and 4th quarters, so every time the stock dips significantly (like it did today) I've been snapping more of it up. We'll see if this pays off.
What indicators say they are going to have a big year?

What indicators say they are going to have a big year?
I dunno which indicators, just going off the quarterly report and what the analysts said about that report.[DOUBLEPOST=1361387705][/DOUBLEPOST]The analysts expect a more-active than usual farming season in the Midwest due to the drought last year, assuming that we don't get hit with another bad drought year this year.

I'm still mocking my husband for his advice to not buy Netflix. If only I had invested real money at the time. :'(

Dave

Staff member
I knew I jinxed Novogen. Damn it. Now they are down. From when I bought them at least. They're still up on the day.

Damnit, I should have waited longer before buying more DE stock today. It's down even further, I would have gotten an even better deal.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, Azurephoenix ! Your stock NXY - Nexen - changed their stock. There are several varieties, so I changed it to NXY.TO, which is the Toronto exchange one. Please let me know if you wanted the NYSE one and if so I'll change it to that.[DOUBLEPOST=1362434412][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, it's what was causing your error.

Awesome, thanks for the fix!

The NXY.TO one is fine. Guess their buyout caused some interesting things to happen with the stock symbols.

Now if my other stocks would just stop sucking so bad.

Dave

Staff member
I'm up to #3 I think, thanks to some fricking stellar picks last week. I had heard Home Depot was going to be announcing some positive things so I jumped on it. Damned glad I did!

Screw you weight watchers. You dropped before I thought you would, so I held on hoping for a rebound that never came. I might have to hold on to it until swimsuit season nears.

Sony's up 9% since the announcement of the PS4, so not what I had hoped, but better than a kick in the junk.

Anyone who has any Facebook may want to dump it (or watch very closely). There's news on the various financial sites that they may be looking at a click-fraud lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.