Export thread

Halforums House: RimWorld Character Creation Thread

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've done a few "Halforums" themed playthroughs of RimWorld, as I know several of you have noticed, but only upon completing the second one have I realized that, through the use of mods, I'm allowed to start with as many colonists as I want, and can customize them each completely.

That means I can do a proper version of Halforums House, like Gusto did in the old Sims days. Granted, it won't be quite as overtly saucy as Halforums Academy, but there's still sex and violence aplenty in the game for those who want it :p

The game basically maroons everybody together on a distant, meagerly-colonized planet, sort of like you'd find out on the rim in Firefly. The challenge will be to work together as a community to survive and build a settlement. Much like the Sims, the people will have their own interests, perform necessary tasks, engage with each other socially, make friends and enemies, fall in and out of love, "woohoo," get married, divorced, live, and die. All while dealing with natural disasters, wild animals, hostile natives, raiders, and other offworlder factions.

So, in order to do this right, I'm going to ask for volunteers to be in the game. Unlike Sims or Artificial Academy, there is *no limit* to the number of people I can take on - however, once the game has started, I can't add any more custom characters - and for the purposes of this playthrough, I don't intend to let any more randomly generated characters join later. So if you want in on this, pretty much your only chance is to get in on the ground floor. I'm hoping for at least 20 or more people to roll characters.

HOW TO ROLL YOUR CHARACTER:

First, consider the below to be your worksheet -

For the purposes of this game, I'll be starting everyone at age 18, though you can increase that for more stat points (more on that later).

First, fill out your name and physical appearance:
NAME (First/Last), I'll be using your forum username for your nickname, but if you want you can pick what your First and Last name are.
GENDER (M/F):
BODY TYPE: Average, Thin, Fat, Muscular
COMPLEXION: Pale, Fair, Olive, Tanned, Dark
HEAD SIZE: Average or Narrow
JAW SHAPE: Heartshaped, Oval, or Square
HAIR STYLE and COLOR:
Available Male Hairstyles:

Available Female Hairstyles:

BACKSTORY - don't worry about it, there are dozens and dozens to pick from, I'll pick one for you based on the stats you choose.

Then, get into your skills. Distribute 36 points among the 12 skills available, ranging from 0 to 10 in each skill. Bear in mind, the scale for most basically goes 4 is amateur, 6 is dependable, 9 is expert. The scale actually goes to 20, but that's unreasonable to expect in an 18 year old :p Bear in mind that skills will improve in-game with use, so you don't have to START an expert, necessarily.
The skills are -
Shooting: Proficiency in the use of all kinds of ranged weaponry, be it bows, guns, or thrown objects. Not just used for fighting, but also hunting animals for food.
Melee: Proficiency in hand to hand combat, with or without weapons. Almost all combat becomes melee at some point, and meleeing with a gun is treated the same as punching. It helps to be good at it.
Social: Haggling, manipulating, negotiating, convincing, leading, and cheering up others.
Animals: The care, training, and control of animals. If this is below 4, you probably won't ever get an animal companion. Properly trained, animals can help with tasks and fight for you. This skill also affects speed and yield of activities like milking and shearing.
Medicine: The treating of wounds, diseases, and skill at performing surgery. Also required (along with crafting) to manufacture medical supplies. Below 6, you're actually kinda dangerous.
Cooking: The ability to safely and quickly convert raw food into tasty meals. Little to no skill is needed for merely butchering animals, but nicer meal preparation requires higher skill.
Construction: The skill to build structures and furniture from raw materials. The higher this skill, the faster you complete and the better your chances at high quality products.
Growing: The planting and harvesting of crops. Affects speed at both, and some of the more useful crops require minimum skill levels to plant.
Mining: Digging tunnels and operating mining machinery. Affects work speed, mostly.
Artistic: The ability to create impressive art from raw materials, to improve your surroundings or sell.
Crafting: Making items, weapons, tools, and tailoring clothing. Affects completion speed and final item quality.
Intellectual: Affects speed at researching new technology and managerial tasks.

Then, go back and also apply 5 "interest" points across those skills, with a maximum of 2 points in any given skill. A skill with no interest points is learned at 33% speed and is tiresome. 1 interest point is learned at normal speed and doesn't penalize joy levels as much, if at all. 2 interest points learns at 150% speed and counts as entertainment, generating joy while being performed.

The default will be 18 years old, and I recommend sticking with that, but you may add additional skill points in exchange for aging your character 10 years per point. You may add additional interest points by aging your character 20 years per point. BE ADVISED this is not a fair trade, as skill points will rise naturally over use very quickly - you will probably gain 10-20 in the first year of play alone, depending on interest levels. BE FURTHER ADVISED that characters over 50-60 will generally develop age-related illnesses such as bad backs and dementia. Also be advised that any skill left at zero at this point stands a decent chance of becoming completely and permanently incapable via your backstory, when I'm making your character.

HEALTH ISSUES:
You may also add 2 skill points or one interest point in exchange for starting with an addiction, permanent injury, or other such medical condition. Just tell me what the condition is, it's probably in there - everything from scars, to cancers, to burns, to organ problems (cirrhosis, bad back, asthma, etc). I recommend thinking REALLY HARD before doing this.

TRAITS:
You may optionally add up to 3 traits of your choosing. Not all traits are beneficial - some are negative, and some are mixed, but even negative traits can make the game more interesting. I also have installed a mod that adds more traits to choose from. If a trait is blatantly negative (for example, "Ugly"), you can take an extra skill point for it. If it is blatantly REALLY negative (for example, "Staggeringly Ugly"), you can take an extra interest point for it. There will be no penalty to you for choosing positive traits, however ("Pretty," "Beautiful," etc). If you would rather me pick traits I think suit your persona for you, I can do that, just let me know. Special note: if you want your character to be homosexual, this is where you specify that.

EQUIPMENT:
Every character will be given 10 vacu-packed emergency meals, a synthread (Space-Polyester!) Shirt, Pants, and Jacket in their choice of color (let me know what colors you want, otherwise the default is light blue), and choose one of the following:
A Colt M1911-pattern semautomatic pistol (Requires at least 4 in Shooting skill)
A plasteel knife (Requires at least 4 in Melee skill)
An untrained animal of your choice (Min handling skill varies, see chart and remember to specify gender) of 6 DPS or less.
Five Glitterworld medpacks (Requires at least 6 in Medicine skill) *note, the entire colony will already start with 30 regular medpacks
If none of the above requirements are met, you can opt to, instead, add 500 silver to the colony's starting cash, or take two extra skill points, or take one extra interest point.

Here, for example, will be my own character:
NAME: Buzzy "GasBandit" Pomona
BODY TYPE: Average
COMPLEXION: Olive
HEAD SIZE: Average
FACE SHAPE: Oval
HAIR STYLE: Topdog, Brown

SKILLS:
Shooting: 4
Melee: 4
Social: 0
Animals: 4
Medicine: 6
Cooking: 0
Construction: 6
Growing: 3
Mining: 3
Artistic: 0
Crafting: 6
Intellectual: 0

Interest points:
Shooting: 1
Medicine: 1
Construction: 2
Crafting: 1

HEALTH ISSUES:
Stab scar on right shoulder, +1 skill point to Shooting (now 5) (Edit: oops this should have been +2, oh well)

TRAITS:
Glutton (+25% eating speed)
Steadfast (Mental Break Threshold -9%)
Psychically Dull (-50% Psychic sensitivity)

Equipment:
Blue Jacket, Black shirt, Black pants
Pistol
When I plug all that in, it generates this character:

So, If you want to be represented in HALFORUMS HOUSE: RIMWORLD EDITION, please post in this thread. Again, this game has NO LIMIT to the number of characters we can have, so the more the merrier.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

NAME: Brian "DarkAudit" Audit
COMPLEXION: Fair
FACE SHAPE: Square

SKILLS:
Shooting: 0
Social: 4
Animals: 0
Cooking: 6
Construction: 0
Mining: 0
Artistic: 3
Crafting: 4
Intellectual: 6

Interest points:
Melee: 1
Cooking: 2
Intellectual: 1

EQUIPMENT:
Blue jacket, gold shirt
Plasteel knife

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Because I'm boring... *grins*

NAME (First/Last)Lloyd Karron
GENDER (M/F): M
BODY TYPE: Muscular (ish? *grins*)
JAW SHAPE: Square
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Topdog (Military-style flat top), Brown

Shooting: 8 *
Melee: 8 **
Medicine: 2
Cooking: 2 *
Growing: 2
Mining: 2
Artistic: 1
Crafting: 2 *
Intellectual: 5

HEALTH ISSUES:
Left Shoulder, healed fracture (if possible).

TRAITS:
Ascetic
Steadfast
Fast Walker

EQUIPMENT:
Dark Blue Jacket, Dark Blue Shirt, Dark Blue pants (and a shiny badge! )
A Colt M1911-pattern semautomatic pistol (Requires at least 4 in Shooting skill)

Frank

Frank

NAME (First/Last): Francis Williamson "Frank"
COMPLEXION: Pale
JAW SHAPE: Oval
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Shaved, dirty blonde

SKILLS:
Shooting: 8
Medicine: 4
Cooking: 4
Construction: 4
Growing: 0
Artistic: 4
Crafting: 8

Interest points:
Shooting: 2
Construction: 1

Traits: Night Owl, Careful Shooter, Neurotic

Equipment: Pistol, blue jacket, grey shirt, blue pants

Denbrought

Denbrought

Hyyyype. Told my wife to get on here, since she watches your stream pretty regularly :p

NAME: Slippery "Denbrought" Spaniard
JAW SHAPE: Heart
HAIR STYLE: Messy, Black

SKILLS:
Shooting: 6*
Melee: 2
Animals: 2
Medicine: 10**
Cooking: 6*
Crafting: 0
Intellectual: 8**

HEALTH ISSUES:
Missing eye (left) (extra interest point, cooking)

TRAITS:
Psychically Dull
Stutterer
Kind

EQUIPMENT:
Red Jacket, Red-shirt, Black pants
Colt Pistol

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Frank and @DarkAudit don't forget to pick your equipment.

Null

Null

Absolutely fucking yes to this.

Name: Ronan "Null" Crowe
Body Type: Fat
Skin Tone: Fair
Head Size: Average
Jaw Shape: Oval
Hair Color and Style: Wavy and Grey

36 (and justifications)

Shooting
: 4 (it's been a while but I know how to shoot and practice with airsoft guns)
Melee: 4 (a couple years of Shorin-Ryu and some medieval swordplay)
Social: 2 (I'm kind of awkward)
Animals: 4 (animals are my kind of people) *
Medicine: 2 (taken some first aid courses)
Cooking: 6 (I'm not half bad at cooking) **
Construction: 1 (I'm clumsy with a hammer)
Growing: 3 (I do some gardening)
Mining: Noooope (I get creeped out in tunnels)
Artistic: 2 (I do some writing)
Crafting: 4 (chainmail/armoring) *
Intellectual: 4 (I love looking stuff up and learning about it) *

Traits: Night Owl, Too Smart, Glutton

Equipment: Colt M1911-pattern pistol, Grey jacket, black pants, red shirt (In all likelihood...)

Dei

Dei

Female Muffalo since animal req changed to DPS instead of meat.
hfedition.jpg

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hell yes, I'll get on this tomorrow...what's the deadline?

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

(( I'm Denbrought's wife, he told me to come here and make a thingy))

NAME: --- "CynicalKat" ----
HAIR STYLE: Blue/Aqua short n wavy

SKILLS:
Melee: 0
Social: 6*
Animals: 8*
Medicine: 0
Construction: 6*
Crafting: 8**
Intellectual: 2

HEALTH ISSUES:
Asthma (+2 into social)

TRAITS:
Neurotic (Work speed +20%, Mental break threshold +8%)
Silver-tongued: Higher buff to TradePriceImprovement, RecruitPrisonerChance and SocialImpact.
Perfectionist

EQUIPMENT:
Black Jacket, Dark Blue shirt, Black pants
Spelopede F (req. 8 animal, backup is a Lynx (f) if you can't start with the cute bug thing)

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Charon your Crush Scar - Left Shoulder (Closest I could get to healed fracture) entitles you to 2 more skill points or one more interest point. Which and where do you want?[DOUBLEPOST=1500754750,1500754731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hell yes, I'll get on this tomorrow...what's the deadline?
Not any time soon. Probably at least a week or two.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

NAME Ashley "Ash" Ashterson
GENDER (M/F): Male
BODY TYPE: Fat
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Troubadour, Black

Backstory: I'd probably pick something growing or nature focused. (I'm just trying to grow my herbs in peace, man!)

Shooting: 3
Melee: 3
Social: 6 (Interest)
Growing: 9 (Interest x2)
Artistic: 5 (Interest)
Crafting: 5 (Interest)

Health Issues: None

Traits: Kind, Chemical Interest, Psychically Sensitive (this is what my Tin Foil's for, man!)

Equipment: +500 Starting Silver
Shirt, Pants, and Jacket in Tan/Light Brown

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

NAME (First/Last)David N.
COMPLEXION: Tanned
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Curly, Black

Social: 1
Cooking: 4*
Growing: 2*
Mining: 7*
Artistic: 7*
Crafting: 7*
Intellectual: 7*
*=Interest Point

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Kind
Depressive
Glutton

EQUIPMENT:
Green Jacket, Orange Shirt, Blue Pants.
Extra Interest Point

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Cheesy1: Depressive gets you more points, but Glutton is actually beneficial - it doesn't make you eat more/more often, just makes you eat faster, which actually could be considered a positive thing in this game.

But I also see you have 6 interest points, so I think it works out ;)

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Thanks for the invitation GB but I'm hopeless at Gaming.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

NAME (First/Last): Kitty "Gruebeard" Sinatra
JAW SHAPE: Heartshaped
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Wavy Black (long if that's an option)

SKILLS:
Shooting: 6
Social: 6
Animals: 7
Medicine: 7
Growing: 7
Crafting: 3

Interest points:

Traits: Sanguine, Psychically Deaf, Nibbler.

Equipment: I want a cougar but danggit your meat rules don't allow it - even though a grizzly bear is allowed! Polar bears, too. So, Arctic Wolf. Female. Gray jacket, pink shirt, gray pants. (An Hawaiian shirt would be more fitting, but I doubt that's an option.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Thanks for the invitation GB but I'm hopeless at Gaming.
You don't have to game, I'll game for you ;) I just need a description of your character, formatted as quoted above. I do everything else for you, you just sit back and read the resulting story.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

@Cheesy1: Depressive gets you more points, but Glutton is actually beneficial - it doesn't make you eat more/more often, just makes you eat faster, which actually could be considered a positive thing in this game.

But I also see you have 6 interest points, so I think it works out ;)
The sixth interest point was from my equipment option.

Added an extra point in Cooking for Depressive.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Denbrought and @CynicalKat: I have the ability to start you in the game as already married. Do you want that, or would you rather start as strangers?

Denbrought

Denbrought

@Denbrought and @CynicalKat: I have the ability to start you in the game as already married. Do you want that, or would you rather start as strangers?
Sure, otherwise there's no way she's shacking up with me :p

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

@Charon your Crush Scar - Left Shoulder (Closest I could get to healed fracture) entitles you to 2 more skill points or one more interest point. Which and where do you want?
I'll take an additional point in shooting and Melee. I'll edit my post to reflect this.

Zappit

Zappit

I'll try to get something together by tonight.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@CynicalKat - Spelopedes are hostile to all humans by default, and while training it is technically possible, it starts out feral and will probably kill you. I'd think Lynx is probably your better option here.

I STAND CORRECTED. I have tested it, and there's no issues with you starting with a spelopede.

mikerc

mikerc

NAME: Michael "Mikerc" Someguy
HAIRSTYLE: SPSBeard
COLOUR: Brown

SKILLS:
Social: 3
Cooking: 1
Artistic: 5
Intellectual: 7

INTEREST:

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Prosthophile
Night Owl
Fast Walker

EQUIPMENT:
Black Jacket, Blue Shirt, Black Pants
Knife

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm at work and don't have the time to generate my character sheet until I get home. I'll post it when I get there. I'll be attempting to replicate myself as closely as possible within game limits (as I usually do for my first playthrough).

Hey, @GasBandit, is there any way to make the game grant @Dei a +bonus to shooting so long as she is shooting at @Terrik?

--Patrick

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

@CynicalKat - Spelopedes are hostile to all humans by default, and while training it is technically possible, it starts out feral and will probably kill you. I'd think Lynx is probably your better option here.
Lynx is fine then ;_;

GasBandit

GasBandit

Lynx is fine then ;_;
I stand corrected. I just tested it, and there's no problem with you having a spelopede.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

@Frank, our Mountie, really ought to have a wolf.

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

I stand corrected. I just tested it, and there's no problem with you having a spelopede.
Oh! Wonderful :3

GasBandit

GasBandit

our Mountie, really ought to have a wolf.
He says no animal, he gets no animal.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

He says no animal, he gets no animal.
Well, he didn't opt for a red jacket and blue pants, either. He's really not embracing his stereotype.

Dei

Dei

@Frank, our Mountie, really ought to have a moose.
Ftfy

Frank

Frank

Dude, I don't even own a dog.

And the regular uniform is a grey shirt, blue jacket and blue pants. So nyeeeeah.

Cog

Cog

This is me. Let's see who will end up killing me.

NAME: Desiderio "Cog" Basigalupo.
COMPLEXION: Dark
HAIR STYLE: Messy, Grey

SKILLS:
Animals: 6
Growing: 4
Mining: 4

Interest points:
Crafting: 2 * (extra interest point)

TRAITS
Fast Walker
Abrasive
Glutton

HEALTH ISSUES
Migraines?

EQUIPMENT
+500 Starting Silver
Black Pants, White Shirt, Black Jacket.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

NAME: Kineto "filmfanatic" Graff
HAIRSTYLE AND COLOR: SPSCurly, Brown

SKILLS:
Cooking: 3
Construction: 5
Artistic: 6

INTEREST:

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Too Smart
Optimist
Kind

EQUIPMENT:
Black jacket, black shirt, black pants
+500 starting silver

MindDetective

MindDetective

I've done a few "Halforums" themed playthroughs of RimWorld, as I know several of you have noticed, but only upon completing the second one have I realized that, through the use of mods, I'm allowed to start with as many colonists as I want, and can customize them each completely.

That means I can do a proper version of Halforums House, like Gusto did in the old Sims days. Granted, it won't be quite as overtly saucy as Halforums Academy, but there's still sex and violence aplenty in the game for those who want it :p

The game basically maroons everybody together on a distant, meagerly-colonized planet, sort of like you'd find out on the rim in Firefly. The challenge will be to work together as a community to survive and build a settlement. Much like the Sims, the people will have their own interests, perform necessary tasks, engage with each other socially, make friends and enemies, fall in and out of love, "woohoo," get married, divorced, live, and die. All while dealing with natural disasters, wild animals, hostile natives, raiders, and other offworlder factions.

So, in order to do this right, I'm going to ask for volunteers to be in the game. Unlike Sims or Artificial Academy, there is *no limit* to the number of people I can take on - however, once the game has started, I can't add any more custom characters - and for the purposes of this playthrough, I don't intend to let any more randomly generated characters join later. So if you want in on this, pretty much your only chance is to get in on the ground floor. I'm hoping for at least 20 or more people to roll characters.

HOW TO ROLL YOUR CHARACTER:

First, consider the below to be your worksheet -

For the purposes of this game, I'll be starting everyone at age 18, though you can increase that for more stat points (more on that later).

NAME (First/Last), I'll be using your forum username for your nickname, but if you want you can pick what your First and Last name are.
GENDER (M/F):
BODY TYPE: Average, Thin, Fat, Muscular
COMPLEXION: Pale, Fair, Olive, Tanned, Dark
HEAD SIZE: Average or Narrow
JAW SHAPE: Heartshaped, Oval, or Square
HAIR STYLE and COLOR:
Available Male Hairstyles:
Coming Shortly

Available Female Hairstyles:
Coming shortly

BACKSTORY - don't worry about it, there are dozens and dozens to pick from, I'll pick one for you based on the stats you choose.

Then, get into your skills. Distribute 36 points among the 12 skills available, ranging from 0 to 10 in each skill. Bear in mind, the scale for most basically goes 4 is amateur, 6 is dependable, 9 is expert. The scale actually goes to 20, but that's unreasonable to expect in an 18 year old :p Bear in mind that skills will improve in-game with use, so you don't have to START an expert, necessarily.
The skills are -
Shooting: Proficiency in the use of all kinds of ranged weaponry, be it bows, guns, or thrown objects. Not just used for fighting, but also hunting animals for food.
Melee: Proficiency in hand to hand combat, with or without weapons. Almost all combat becomes melee at some point, and meleeing with a gun is treated the same as punching. It helps to be good at it.
Social: Haggling, manipulating, negotiating, convincing, leading, and cheering up others.
Animals: The care, training, and control of animals. If this is below 4, you probably won't ever get an animal companion. Properly trained, animals can help with tasks and fight for you. This skill also affects speed and yield of activities like milking and shearing.
Medicine: The treating of wounds, diseases, and skill at performing surgery. Also required (along with crafting) to manufacture medical supplies. Below 6, you're actually kinda dangerous.
Cooking: The ability to safely and quickly convert raw food into tasty meals. Little to no skill is needed for merely butchering animals, but nicer meal preparation requires higher skill.
Construction: The skill to build structures and furniture from raw materials. The higher this skill, the faster you complete and the better your chances at high quality products.
Growing: The planting and harvesting of crops. Affects speed at both, and some of the more useful crops require minimum skill levels to plant.
Mining: Digging tunnels and operating mining machinery. Affects work speed, mostly.
Artistic: The ability to create impressive art from raw materials, to improve your surroundings or sell.
Crafting: Making items, weapons, tools, and tailoring clothing. Affects completion speed and final item quality.
Intellectual: Affects speed at researching new technology and managerial tasks.

Then, go back and also apply 5 "interest" points across those skills, with a maximum of 2 points in any given skill. A skill with no interest points is learned at 33% speed and is tiresome. 1 interest point is learned at normal speed and doesn't penalize joy levels as much, if at all. 2 interest points learns at 150% speed and counts as entertainment, generating joy while being performed.

The default will be 18 years old, and I recommend sticking with that, but you may add additional skill points in exchange for aging your character 10 years per point. You may add additional interest points by aging your character 20 years per point. BE ADVISED this is not a fair trade, as skill points will rise naturally over use very quickly - you will probably gain 10-20 in the first year of play alone, depending on interest levels. BE FURTHER ADVISED that characters over 50-60 will generally develop age-related illnesses such as bad backs and dementia. Also be advised that any skill left at zero at this point stands a decent chance of becoming completely and permanently incapable via your backstory, when I'm making your character.

HEALTH ISSUES:
You may also add 2 skill points or one interest point in exchange for starting with an addiction, permanent injury, or other such medical condition. Just tell me what the condition is, it's probably in there - everything from scars, to cancers, to burns, to organ problems (cirrhosis, bad back, asthma, etc). I recommend thinking REALLY HARD before doing this.

TRAITS:
You may optionally add up to 3 traits of your choosing. Not all traits are beneficial - some are negative, and some are mixed, but even negative traits can make the game more interesting. I also have installed a mod that adds more traits to choose from. If a trait is blatantly negative (for example, "Ugly"), you can take an extra skill point for it. If it is blatantly REALLY negative (for example, "Staggeringly Ugly"), you can take an extra interest point for it. There will be no penalty to you for choosing positive traits, however ("Pretty," "Beautiful," etc). If you would rather me pick traits I think suit your persona for you, I can do that, just let me know. Special note: if you want your character to be homosexual, this is where you specify that.

EQUIPMENT:
Every character will be given 10 vacu-packed emergency meals, a synthread (Space-Polyester!) Shirt, Pants, and Jacket in their choice of color (let me know what colors you want, otherwise the default is light blue), and choose one of the following:
A plasteel knife (Requires at least 4 in Melee skill)
An untrained animal of your choice (Min handling skill varies, see chart and remember to specify gender) of less than 100 meat value (I don't expect you to kill it, this is just a handy way to judge size - IE, no pet grizzly bears to start).
Five Glitterworld medpacks (Requires at least 6 in Medicine skill) *note, the entire colony will already start with 30 regular medpacks
If none of the above requirements are met, you can opt to, instead, add 500 silver to the colony's starting cash, or take two extra skill points, or take one extra interest point.

Here, for example, will be my own character:
NAME: Buzzy "GasBandit" Pomona

SKILLS:

Interest points:

HEALTH ISSUES:
Stab scar on right shoulder, +1 skill point to Shooting (now 5) (Edit: oops this should have been +2, oh well)

TRAITS:
Glutton (+25% eating speed)
Steadfast (Mental Break Threshold -9%)
Psychically Dull (-50% Psychic sensitivity)

Equipment:
Blue Jacket, Black shirt, Black pants
Pistol
When I plug all that in, it generates this character:

So, If you want to be represented in HALFORUMS HOUSE: RIMWORLD EDITION, please post in this thread. Again, this game has NO LIMIT to the number of characters we can have, so the more the merrier.
On my phone but I will roll one up tonight.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

NAME: Raven Poe
HAIR STYLE: Brown, balding

SKILLS:
Shooting: 6*
Medicine: 6*
Cooking: 9**
Growing: 4*

Interest points:
Growing: 1

HEALTH ISSUES:
Arthritis

TRAITS:
Cannibal
Bloodlust
Kind (What? These don't contradict)

Equipment:
Red Jacket, White shirt, Black pants
Pistol

Did I leave anything out?

jwhouk

jwhouk

NAME Joe Willie
GENDER M
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Scatman, Brown

Social: 3 (+1 interest point)
Animals: 4 (+2 interest point)
Mining: 1
Intellectual: 4 (+2 interest point)

Health issue: vision (nearsightedness; add to Intellectual 2 skill)
Traits - short temper, jokester, techie
Primary colors: blue, navy
Pet: Husky

Krisken

Krisken

Cool! I'm not at home now but I'm interested and can fill out the form in a few hours.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have expanded and updated the selection of available hairstyles, and edited the original post of this thread with previews. Men can now have hairstyles that come with facial hair, and there are more female hairstyles than before as well.

If anyone would like to CHANGE their hairstyle now that they see what they look like, just let me know.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I have expanded and updated the selection of available hairstyles, and edited the original post of this thread with previews. Men can now have hairstyles that come with facial hair, and there are more female hairstyles than before as well.

If anyone would like to CHANGE their hairstyle now that they see what they look like, just let me know.
Changed my hairstyle to Curly.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Still working on building the characters as posted, but here are who I've got down so far - please verify that your appearance and stats match what you want.

Some names had to be abbreviated for length.

Attachments

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Cog - closest I can come to migraines is give you a painful scar on the head. This will keep you in more or less constant but manageable pain, which will affect your mood - much like a headache.

If that is acceptable to you, you may take the extra point(s) for a health disadvantage.

MindDetective

MindDetective

NAME: JT "MindDetective" Powell
HAIR STYLE: Shaved

SKILLS:
Melee: 6
Intellectual: 9

Interest points:

HEALTH ISSUES: None

TRAITS:
Hard Working
Iron Willed
Teetotaler

Equipment:
Black Jacket, White shirt, Blue pants
Monkey (Female; "Washoe")​

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't get to pick the name of the pets, unfortunately, @MindDetective

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

NAME Zero Esc
BODY TYPE: Thin
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Messy, Blue

Melee: 6**
Animals: 9**
Medicine: 8**
Cooking: 5
Mining:
Intellectual: 4*

HEALTH ISSUES: Steroid addiction, Scars (added an interest point for each)

TRAITS: Industrious, Prosthophile, Psychically Deaf

EQUIPMENT: Red uniform, untrained rat
X

Cog

Cog

@Cog - closest I can come to migraines is give you a painful scar on the head. This will keep you in more or less constant but manageable pain, which will affect your mood - much like a headache.

If that is acceptable to you, you may take the extra point(s) for a health disadvantage.
That's ok. I will edit my character with the extra points.

MindDetective

MindDetective

If you want more females in the group, here is my wife (submitted without her knowledge but also not 100% accurate!)
NAME: Nessa "Quining7" Highler
HAIR STYLE: Mop, Blonde

SKILLS:

Interest points:
Social: 2
Crafting: 2

TRAITS:
Neurotic
Social butterfly
Nudist (add 1 to Growing, making it 5?)

Equipment:
White Jacket, Blue shirt, Black pants
Labrador Retriever (Female; "Sydney")​
[DOUBLEPOST=1500770669,1500770634][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't get to pick the name of the pets, unfortunately, @MindDetective
No worries. Threw it in there just in case.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Ravenpoe closest I can get to Arthritis is Bad Back, which will slow your movements by 30% and performing tasks by 10%

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If you want more females in the group​
Was thinking this; almost rolled myself as F, but then thought it'd be bullshit to make myself a Furiosa character when everyone else is sticking to avatars of themselves.

klew

klew

Name: Kevin "klew" Lew
Body Type: Average
Complexion: Fair
Hair Style and Color: SPSJay black

Skills:
Shooting: 5
Crafting: 5

Interest points:
Animals: 1

Health: I'm good, thanks for asking

Traits: Fast Walker, Steadfast, Perfectionist

Equipment: Green shirt, khaki pants, black jacket and a gorram male polar bear arctic wolf (or capybara next choice)

GasBandit

GasBandit

@jwhouk: Closest I could get to nearsighted is cataracts (vision reduced 35%), closest I could get to your traits are Volatile, Sanguine, and Prosthophile.[DOUBLEPOST=1500771672,1500771593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Was thinking this; almost rolled myself as F, but then thought it'd be bullshit to make myself a Furiosa character when everyone else is sticking to avatars of themselves.
Well, go needle your wife into rolling a character :p

And give it time, I'm sure more of the ladies will come around.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

@jwhouk: Closest I could get to nearsighted is cataracts (vision reduced 35%)
Just tell me what the condition is, it's probably in there
Surrrre it is :p.

Well, go needle your wife into rolling a character :p
I'll try later; right now she's "don't bother me, I'm Persona-ing."

GasBandit

GasBandit

@MindDetective : Too Smart conflicts with Iron Willed, you can't have both.

MindDetective

MindDetective

@MindDetective : Too Smart conflicts with Iron Willed, you can't have both.
Let's drop too smart and add hard working.

Dei

Dei

If you want more females in the group, here is my wife (submitted without her knowledge but also not 100% accurate!)

SKILLS:

Interest points:

TRAITS:
Neurotic
Social butterfly

Equipment:
Labrador Retriever (Female; "Sydney")​
[DOUBLEPOST=1500770669,1500770634][/DOUBLEPOST]

No worries. Threw it in there just in case.
Gender M :/

MindDetective

MindDetective

Oops. Copy/paste fail

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

Still working on building the characters as posted, but here are who I've got down so far - please verify that your appearance and stats match what you want.
Some names had to be abbreviated for length.
Can I get my hair changed to AHSshort? :D

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

I've also done a hair change, this time going to SPSCurly.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@klew Sorry for the mixup, no bears allowed. I know they're under 100 meat, but it'd be unbalanced for a starting pet :p

Celt Z

Celt Z

NAME (First/Last): Celt Z
GENDER (M/F): F
HEAD SIZE: Narrow
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Znormal2, Red

SKILLS:
Animals:4
Construction:2
Intellectual:4

Interest points:
Artistic:2
Intellectual:1

Traits: Eh, surprise me, Gas ;)

Equipment: Green, purple (you can use any combo of those so I don't repeat what someone else requested.) and a Labrador retriever

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

@Ravenpoe closest I can get to Arthritis is Bad Back, which will slow your movements by 30% and performing tasks by 10%
Eh, not quite what I was looking for, just normal health then.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Traits: Eh, surprise me, Gas ;)
You like to live dangerously, don't you? Nudism is a trait. :devil:

Celt Z

Celt Z

It's more entertaining this way. Wouldn't be the first RPG where my character wandered around nude, either. (Although, that was inadvertent.)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Eh, not quite what I was looking for, just normal health then.
Ok, then you're over by a skill point. Or, conversely, I can give you a scar on a hand, which will both cause constant pain and slow your manipulation stat.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Hey. I chose that one for my wife!

klew

klew

@klew Sorry for the mixup, no bears allowed. I know they're under 100 meat, but it'd be unbalanced for a starting pet :p
Then let's try arctic wolf (or capybara next choice)

Celt Z

Celt Z

@GasBandit : I just noticed Misandrist/Misogynist are traits. Maybe not either of those for my character, but you can still pick traits for me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Raven's character is still pending revision for the health/point issue, but aside from that, this should be everybody else's characters to date, including CynicalKat's revised hairstyle.

Attachments

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Ok, then you're over by a skill point. Or, conversely, I can give you a scar on a hand, which will both cause constant pain and slow your manipulation stat.
That works!

GasBandit

GasBandit

That works!
Then here's RavenPoe.

Attachments

Celt Z

Celt Z

"Nibbler" :rofl:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Soupy

Soupy

Thanks for the invite!

NAME: Mike "Soupy" Campbell
HAIRSTYLE: SPSJay
COLOUR: Dark Brown

SKILLS:
Melee: 5
Artistic:4
Intellectual: 4

INTEREST:

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Good Reflexes
Kind
Fast Walker

EQUIPMENT:
Dark Red Jacket, Grey Shirt, Dark Blue Pants
Plasteel Knife

Zappit

Zappit

NAME: Zap "Zappit" Pitt
HAIR STYLE: Shaved, Brown

SKILLS:
Artistic: 9

Interest points:
Artistic: 2

EQUIPMENT:
Green jacket, grey shirt, black pants

Opting for 2 additional skill points in Social

GasBandit

GasBandit

No traits, @Zappit?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Just to mix it up - what about cataract in only one eye?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just to mix it up - what about cataract in only one eye?
Which one?[DOUBLEPOST=1500777672,1500777450][/DOUBLEPOST]I've reworded the animal requirement to avoid the bears confusion. The animals available are now 6 DPS or lower, not by meat value.

Krisken

Krisken

NAME: Kris Ken
HAIR STYLE: Brown, SPSLeon

SKILLS:
Animals: 9

Interest points:
Intellectual 1
Animals 2
Cooking 1
Crafting 1

HEALTH ISSUES:
-

TRAITS:
Pick 3. Don't really care what these are :)

Equipment:
Timber Wolf, male
Pants Blue, Shirt Green, Jacket Grey

Wife calls me Dr. Doolittle, so thought it would be fun to be an animal handler.[DOUBLEPOST=1500778397,1500778357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which one?[DOUBLEPOST=1500777672,1500777450][/DOUBLEPOST]I've reworded the animal requirement to avoid the bears confusion. The animals available are now 6 DPS or lower, not by meat value.
Edited: DPS, gotcha. Gotta rework mine.

Should work now.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Then here's RavenPoe.
I can't wait to make the settlement dinner.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I can't wait to make the settlement dinner.
And that could be taken a couple different ways :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

NAME (First/Last) Goober “PatrThom” Menner (let's carry the name over from Hf:A, why not)
HAIR STYLE / COLOR: Brief Ponytail / Brown

Melee: 3**
Medicine: 4*
Crafting: 5*
Intellectual: 6**

Health: Unusually healthy (it’s the truth, I’ve always been surprisingly robust)
Traits: Too Smart (duh!), Steadfast, SwiftFoot
Equipment: Jacket (color #55709B), shirt (#A4ADBC), pants (#132747) added one extra interest point (to Melee) in lieu of extra equipment. I’ve always wanted to learn martial arts...

I also like how @Frank ’s skills sections basically says that he aspires to become a cantankerous bartender.

And that could be taken a couple different ways :D
Yes...with a white OR a red.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Health: Unusually healthy (it’s the truth, I’ve always been surprisingly robust)
And yet you didn't take "Healthy" as a trait.

PatrThom

PatrThom

And yet you didn't take "Healthy" as a trait.
I was only allowed 3.
(also the "health" I'm talking about isn't solely based on disease resistance)

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was only allowed 3.
(also the "health" I'm talking about isn't solely based on disease resistance)

--Patrick
You also can't take Steadfast with Too Smart.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You also can't take Steadfast with Too Smart.
Weird. I saw you couldn't take "Nerves" (not that it would've applied).
Will it let me pick "Optimist," instead?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Weird. I saw you couldn't take "Nerves" (not that it would've applied).
Will it let me pick "Optimist," instead?

--Patrick
Yes. The reason it won't let you take the other thing is that both Steadfast and Too Smart change the psychological breakpoint.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, the only other one I know I would've picked is "Kind," but I think of myself as more optimistic than I am kind.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, the only other one I know I would've picked is "Kind," but I think of myself as more optimistic than I am kind.

--Patrick
I'm just going to keep my comments to myself on that one :D

Anyway, here's the latest batch. If anyone cares, I've revised my hairstyle to SPSBeard, now that it is an option.

Attachments

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm just going to keep my comments to myself on that one :D
Do tell.

Not a bad choice for backstory. It would've probably either been that or Machine Collector.

--Patrick

Null

Null

Wow. Wavy hair looks like Jehri-Curl. Let's change that to SPSLeon I guess. And change the jacket color to brown and shirt color to purple.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Wow. Wavy hair looks like Jehri-Curl. Let's change that to SPSLeon I guess. And change the jacket color to brown and shirt color to purple.

Attachments

Null

Null

Yeah, that looks pretty good to me.

Far

Far

Thanks for the invite!

NAME: Darrow "Far" Wiggin
HEAD SIZE: Thin
HAIR STYLE: SPSViking, Brown

SKILLS:
Animals: 5
Artistic: 7

Interest points:
Animals:2
Cooking:1
Artistic:1
Crafting:1

HEALTH ISSUES:

TRAITS:
Night Owl
Brawler
Stutterer

Equipment:
Blue Jacket, Black shirt, Green pants
Husky

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

NAME: Greg "Tinwhistler" Mahan
HAIR STYLE: SPSTrogo, Red

SKILLS:
Cooking: 8

Interest points:

HEALTH ISSUES:
none

TRAITS:
Healthy
Industrious
Sanguine

Equipment:
Red Jacket, Black shirt, Black pants
Pistol

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

For whatever reason, I can't see the images with the beard types... could I amend my character to have a full beard, but short? Whatever variant that might be...

Dirona

Dirona

Squeee!

NAME (First/Last): Dirona Underheel
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: AHSfluffy long, rainbow???, or dark red

Interest:
Shooting, Animalsx2, Growing, Intellectual

HEALTH ISSUES:
old scar on knee – bullet wound

TRAITS:
- misandrist
- green thumb
- kind

EQUIPMENT:
Shirt: dark green
Pants: black
Jacket: purple
An untrained animal of your choice: a lynx please.

GasBandit

GasBandit

For whatever reason, I can't see the images with the beard types... could I amend my character to have a full beard, but short? Whatever variant that might be...
All the full beards are kinda long (I'd have chosen a short one myself, otherwise). The only short-ish facial hair is "Scot," which is really more sideburns connected to mustache.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

All the full beards are kinda long (I'd have chosen a short one myself, otherwise). The only short-ish facial hair is "Scot," which is really more sideburns connected to mustache.
Y'know what, why not. I've joked about getting a similar style before. #makeburnsidesgreatagain

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Dirona - Sorry, only the Mary Sue wig can be rainbow, but you also can take 2 more skill points or 1 more interest point for your knee scar.

Reverent-one

Reverent-one

Nice, this sounds like fun.

NAME: Stephen "Reverent-One" Smith
HAIRSTYLE: SPSBeard
SKILLS:
Artistic:0
Intellectual: 8
INTEREST:
HEALTH ISSUES:
Cataracts
TRAITS:
Iron-Willed
Perfectionist
Teetotaler
EQUIPMENT:
Black Jacket, Dark Red Shirt, Grey Pants
Plasteel Knife

Bubble181

Bubble181

NAME (First/Last), Bob "bubble" Babs
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Shaved. No option for shaved-and-a-goatee, huh? Shame.

Social: 9**
Animals: 3
Growing: 3**
Crafting: 4*
Intellectual: 8**

Health Issue: bad back (extra interest point? Or just a skill point? Added in an interest point for the moment)

Neurotic
Pessimist
Psychically Dull
(I think that's one + and one - and one kinda neutral, so I didn't add anything for these)

Equipment: Yellow on top, Brown on the bottom.
Look, if the closest to "Owl" you can get is "turkey" or "Chicken", your game just isn't trying hard enough. Pfuh.
Extra interest point instead.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Bubble181 the compensation for bad back would be either two skill points or one interest point. In the long run, the interest point is probably more valuable.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Squeee!

NAME (First/Last): Dirona Underheel
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: AHSfluffy long, rainbow???, or dark red

Interest:
Shooting, Animalsx2, Growing, Intellectual

HEALTH ISSUES:
old scar on knee – bullet wound

TRAITS:
- misandrist
- green thumb
- kind

EQUIPMENT:
Shirt: dark green
Pants: black
Jacket: purple
An untrained animal of your choice: a lynx please.
Aw yeah, Apocalypse Cheesy gonna be gettin' some! :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Bubble181 the compensation for bad back would be either two skill points or one interest point. In the long run, the interest point is probably more valuable.
Is what I figured; that's why I start with 7 interest points :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Is what I figured; that's why I start with 7 interest points :p
Bad back is 1 interest point though, which would make 6 :p

But I guess we can count Pessimist for another interest point. The other two are mixed (Neurotic is mixed because it raises the mental break threshold, but also increases work speed, and Psychically dull is mixed because there are both beneficial and harmful psychic effects).

Bubble181

Bubble181

Bad back is 1 interest point though, which would make 6 :p

But I guess we can count Pessimist for another interest point. The other two are mixed (Neurotic is mixed because it raises the mental break threshold, but also increases work speed, and Psychically dull is mixed because there are both beneficial and harmful psychic effects).
the seventh was from not taking any equipment :p Watch out or I'll add in an eight one for Pessimist! :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

the seventh was from not taking any equipment :p Watch out or I'll add in an eight one for Pessimist! :p
Doh, I hadn't read that far down :p

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Ftfy, suggesting Frank habve a moose insted of a wolf
Sure, though I was trying to reference a TV show ahow about a Mountie in America called Due South

Null

Null

Sure, though I was trying to reference a TV show ahow about a Mountie in America called Due South
IIRC the wolf was called Diefenbaker.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here's the next batch. @Dirona, I still need you to revise your sheet before you're done :p Also, are you gonna bring Eriol again? And if so, do you want to start out married, or strangers?

Attachments

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Okay, I've got an update. The spsviking hairstyle is far closer to me than anything else. (Thor would would be good, too, except that I have a beard; A Jesus hairstlye would be spot on.)

Also, I think a yellow shirt would look better.

And there are so many pets, I think I should switch that out for a pistol. You can never have enough guns. (Oh what a bad Canadian I am!)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Okay, I've got an update. The spsviking hairstyle is far closer to me than anything else. (Thor would would be good, too, except that I have a beard; A Jesus hairstlye would be spot on.)

Also, I think a yellow shirt would look better.

And there are so many pets, I think I should switch that out for a pistol. You can never have enough guns. (Oh what a bad Canadian I am!)

Attachments

Siska

Siska

NAME: Siska Kempe
FACE SHAPE: Heartshaped
HAIR STYLE: AHSfluffy short, Dull Brown

SKILLS:
Construction: 3

Interest points:
Intellectual: 2**
Melee: 1*(0 if no fitting health issue)

HEALTH ISSUES:
Insomniac or noise sensitivity(tinnitus could be another possibility).*

TRAITS:
Slowpoke, Teetotaler, Green Thumb.

Equipment:
Black pants, grey jacket, mint blue or green shirt
Bonus interest point**

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

IIRC the wolf was called Diefenbaker.
When Fraser is trapped in a bank vault and Diefenbaker goes for help...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Oh, and one more thing. I was also thinking that I should change one of my traits to Nice (because it's the closest thing to polite), and after seeing your little exchange with @Celt Z regarding Nibbler, I'm convinced.

Could you swap out Nibbler for Nice, please?

Bubble181

Bubble181

I can't find "Midworld cadet" asa background on Wiki :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh, and one more thing. I was also thinking that I should change one of my traits to Nice (because it's the closest thing to polite), and after seeing your little exchange with @Celt Z regarding Nibbler, I'm convinced.

Could you swap out Nibbler for Nice, please?
I'm assuming by "nice" you mean "Kind."

Anyway, here's Siska and the REVISED revised Gruebeard :p[DOUBLEPOST=1500832056,1500831928][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can't find "Midworld cadet" asa background on Wiki :(
It's from a mod that added more backgrounds and traits.

"Growing up on a high tech midworld with a flourishing space transit industry, Bubble181 wished to leave for the stars and live among the growing spacer class. He excelled in his studies and gained entry to his homeworld's most prestigious naval academy." +Social, +Crafting, +Intellectual

Attachments

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Yes, Kind. Thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1500832128,1500832065][/DOUBLEPOST]Now I'm idly wondering if there's a High Maintenance trait.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yes, Kind. Thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1500832128,1500832065][/DOUBLEPOST]Now I'm idly wondering if there's a High Maintenance trait.
Sort of. "Greedy" means you're unhappy if you don't have really nice stuff in your private bedroom. And heaven help everybody if you don't even have a private bedroom.

Also, any of the traits (Nervous, Neurotic, etc) that increases mental break threshold, I'd say, because that makes you more likely to act out when there are things going on you don't like.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

*waits for the day when 3/4 of the colony suffers a simultaneous mental break* :p

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

NAME: Slappy “Sara” Squirrel
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: SPSFlora/light brown

SKILLS:
Animals: 5

Interest points:

Traits: Too Smart, Slowpoke, Perfectionist

Equipment: Dark green clothing, Iguana

GasBandit

GasBandit

The crankiest of creatures in the whole wide world, your next door marooned castaway Sara_2814

Attachments

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

. . .

Uh, pardon me, but I have another request, if it isn't too much of an imposition. I was looking at Siska's character and I remembered that I actually do have a disability. A small one, but still.

I'm deaf in my right ear.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Sounds fun! Here you go

NAME: Gydion "Gryfter" Gondorf
HAIR STYLE: SPSScott, Brown

SKILLS:

Interest points:

EQUIPMENT:
Brown jacket, Green shirt
Pistol

GasBandit

GasBandit

. . .

Uh, pardon me, but I have another request, if it isn't too much of an imposition. I was looking at Siska's character and I remembered that I actually do have a disability. A small one, but still.

GAH jeez, alright... hang on...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Oh, so that's the one we should be Nibbling on, then? ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, here's Gryfter and Gruebeard mk 4. I gave you an ear bandage instead of hearing loss, because "hearing loss" isn't deafness, it's only 50%. Ear Bandage means 100% non-functioning ear.

Attachments

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Oh, so that's the one we should be Nibbling on, then? ;)
You would not believe how much dirty talk I've missed, how many indecent propositions I've missed because I forgot to tell her I'm deaf in the one ear.

I don't understand how I've not learned yet either, because just recently after ending a date night I thought "oh shit, she was probably saying something."

Celt Z

Celt Z

You would not believe how much dirty talk I've missed, how many indecent propositions I've missed because I forgot to tell her I'm deaf in the one ear.

I don't understand how I've not learned yet either, because just recently after ending a date night I thought "oh shit, she was probably saying something."
I was joking about that ear because there wouldn't be much talking, since what I understand it's a literal Nibbling stat we share. But real-life Hugs, because that sucks, and I'm sorry, I didn't know it's a sensitive subject.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I was joking about that ear because there wouldn't be much talking, since what I understand it's a literal Nibbling stat we share. But real-life Hugs, because that sucks, and I'm sorry, I didn't know it's a sensitive subject.
I was going for a joke - a woe-is-me type thing.

It's not a sensitive subject, though I may need some hugs for this post: It really sucks when I suck at a joke.

(I'm also now wondering just how many times I've made a woman feel rebuffed because I simply didn't hear her whispering a come-on in my ear)

mikerc

mikerc

@GasBandit, can I get my hairstyle changed to SPSBeard now that facial hair is allowed?

Dirona

Dirona

@Dirona - Sorry, only the Mary Sue wig can be rainbow, but you also can take 2 more skill points or 1 more interest point for your knee scar.
Phooey, I had guessed that, but had to try.

And I'll take another Shooting and an Artistic please.

EDIT:
Oh, and despite my prodding, I don't think @Eriol will be joining us.
So, Cheesy, I'm available!

EDIT EDIT:
I may have spoken too soon. I have been given permission to make an @Eriol. Though once that's posted, please make us strangers. Let's let RNG take its course.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If I were min/maxing, I would've chosen "Sanguine," but I picked "Optimist" because I felt it a more accurate personal representation.
I predict I might get this game in a year or two, though it won't be as much fun if I can't choose "GasBandit" as a narration option.
...hmm...think we could convince the devs to add one?

--Patrick

Dirona

Dirona

I have created... an @Eriol !

NAME (First/Last): Eriol Ancalagon
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: SPSLeon, Light brown

Intellectual: 3

Interests:
Constructionx2, Shooting, Melee, Crafting

HEALTH ISSUES:
scar – chest (think Sagat from Street Fighter)
left ear – mangled (exterior, can still hear fine)

TRAITS:
- Good reflexes
- Industrious
- Psychically Sensitive

EQUIPMENT:
Shirt: Green
Pants: Dark Blue
Jacket: Brown
A Colt M1911-pattern semautomatic pistol

jwhouk

jwhouk

Which one?
Let's go with the left eye.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I may have spoken too soon. I have been given permission to make an @Eriol. Though once that's posted, please make us strangers. Let's let RNG take its course.
" 'Til death do us part" doesn't count for avatars, right? ;)

I asked Mr. Z if he wanted in, but much like Halforums Academy, he finds it more more entertaining to watch me navigate on my own.

Dei

Dei

HEALTH ISSUES:
Pawns don't really have visible ears, so if it's only cosmetic and doesn't affect anything, it's probably not worth putting in.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I asked Mr. Z if he wanted in, but much like Halforums Academy, he finds it more more entertaining to watch me navigate on my own.
Fruit salad, yummy yummy.

Dave

Dave

NAME (First/Last), Dave Nihsen
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Shaved, Brown

Backstory: Military guy. Sharpshooter.

Skills:

Shooting - 10 (i)(i)
Melee - 4
Social - 7 (i)(i)
Animals - 4
Medicine - 1
Cooking - 3
Construction - 1
Growing - 0
Mining - 0
Artistic - 0
Crafting - 0
Intellectual - 6 (i)

Health Issues: I know Gas wanted me to add glaucoma, but when I was 18 I didn't have that. So I'm leaving this blank.

Traits:

* Night Owl
* Optimist

Equipment: Colt M1191

For the record, I'm basing this off of 18 year old me who was a very good shot with a rifle but not so good in hand to hand combat. This is a fair representation of how I was in my youngin' days.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Hopefully I did this right:

NAME (First/Last): Dan "Dodge" DodgeMan
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: SPSJay, Brown

Backstory: Geek that grew up in the country

Skills:

Shooting - 1
Melee - 2
Social - 4
Animals - 5 (i)
Medicine - 2
Cooking - 4
Construction - 4 (i)
Growing - 3
Mining - 2
Artistic - 3 (i)
Crafting - 4 (i)
Intellectual - 6 (i)

Health Issues: None

Traits: Kind, Optimist

Equipment: Untrained cat, male, orange tabby color

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit, can I get my hairstyle changed to SPSBeard now that facial hair is allowed?
Done, you're now my evil twin (I have blue jacket black shirt, you have black jacket blue shirt). I'm gonna change myself to fat to further differentiate us :p

And I'll take another Shooting and an Artistic please.
Done and done.

HEALTH ISSUES:
Yeah, like Dei said, superficial damage isn't really a thing in this game. If your ear is damaged, it affects your hearing.
But, even discarding that one, Eriol is due 2 more skill points or 1 more interest point for that painful chest scar.

Let's go with the left eye.
Done.

" 'Til death do us part" doesn't count for avatars, right? ;)
Boy oh boy do I got some gifs to make.

Backstory: Military guy. Sharpshooter.
I told you, *I* pick your backstory :p Actually I had thought you would fall into the vatgrown soldier backstory at first, with so many zeros in non-combative skills, but you have way too much social for it to be applicable. Too bad, Space Cadet. (YoU CouLd nOt De-Feet tha GORFian emPIre)

Edit - oops, forgot the traits. Fixed.

Attachments

Terrik

Terrik

NAME: Terrik "The Smoking" Gun
HAIR STYLE: Leon, Brown

SKILLS:
Melee: 7
Social: 9

Interest points:

HEALTH ISSUES:
None
TRAITS:
Choose for me
Equipment:
Green Jacket, Green Pants, Brown shirt, Plasteel Knife

NAME: JunJun "Huojian" Li
HAIR STYLE: Lei, Red

SKILLS:
Shooting:0
Social: 5
Medicine: 9
Cooking:0
Growing: 5
Artistic: 7

Interest points:
Medicine: x2
Artistic: x1
Intellectual: x1
Growing: x1

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Choose for me

Equipment:
White Jacket, Black Pants, Red shirt, Glitterworld medpacks

Characters already married

Dei

Dei

Wait, you gave yourself 7 in animals and Jun a 0?! And you have a 0 in Medicine and Jun has a 9?!

What is even happening.

Terrik

Terrik

Wait, you gave yourself 7 in animals and Jun a 0?! And you have a 0 in Medicine and Jun has a 9?!

What is even happening.
We don't need animals running around the surgical ward.

Far

Far

Should I get an extra point for stutterer? Not certain if it counts enough as a negative.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What is even happening.
I'm more aghast he gave her 0 cooking when he gave himself 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1500873853,1500873836][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should I get an extra point for stutterer? Not certain if it counts enough as a negative.
Hrm, yeah, go ahead. Tell me where you want the point(s).[DOUBLEPOST=1500874035][/DOUBLEPOST]
Equipment: Untrained cat, male, orange tabby color
Sorry, I can't control the color of your cat. Also, be advised Felis Catus are entirely untrainable beyond basic domestication. He won't follow you, or fight for you, or help you work, but he will run around killing and eating small creatures (that aren't domesticated by the group).

Latest batch:

Attachments

Far

Far

If one point, in animals, if two another in intellect as well. Thanks.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Man, we're a bunch of intellectuals huh? But I hope Gas doesn't need any mining/digging done :p

figmentPez

figmentPez

Let me know if I missed anything but:

Name: Bruce Pezzleton
Hair Style: SPSScot
Hair Color: Brown

- Skills: 36 points
Shooting: 4*
Cooking: 7**
Growing: 4*

(If you're willing to give me an extra point for being a toxicity sensitive stutterer, then put it into cooking.)

Traits: Too Smart, Kind, Toxicity Sensitive, Stutterer

Equipment: clothes in green and gray, Pistol

Alternately, if you want to up the female character count:

Name: Jess Pezzleton
Nickname: Jester (or figmentPez)
Jaw Shape: Heart Shaped
Hair Style: Princess
Color: Green

Skills: 36 points
Social: 6*
Cooking: 2*
Construction: 5
Crafting: 5**
Intellectual: 9*

And, yes, I totally knew that "intellectual" was about desk jobs, computer work, etc.

Traits: Pretty, Optimist, Psychically Hypersensitive

Equipment:
- Clothes in purple and black (green if you need another color)
- Wild Boar (F)

Dirona

Dirona

Yeah, like Dei said, superficial damage isn't really a thing in this game. If your ear is damaged, it affects your hearing.
But, even discarding that one, Eriol is due 2 more skill points or 1 more interest point for that painful chest scar.
Let's give him another interest point in Crafting.

Thank you!

Eriol

Eriol

Let's give him another interest point in Crafting.

Thank you!
Told ya he'd know what the scar was all about without further explanation.

She had no idea what I was referring to, other than the game Street Fighter.[DOUBLEPOST=1500897631,1500897372][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh and btw, go with deaf/damaged in ONE ear then. I'd rather he have some type of interesting trait that isn't necessarily debilitating. Let's say the whole deal is as a result of an industrial accident or something. He DOES work construction, so anything's possible. But the other ear should be 100% OK (as much as somebody working around power tools all day every day is OK with regards to hearing loss that is).

Celt Z

Celt Z

How much do your personal skills effect your animal companion? I was originally going to request a muffalo, but I only took 2 points in Growing, and I didn't want to starve the poor thing to death.

Also, I like saying muffalo.

muffaloooooooooooooooooo

Dirona

Dirona

Oh and btw, go with deaf/damaged in ONE ear then. I'd rather he have some type of interesting trait that isn't necessarily debilitating. Let's say the whole deal is as a result of an industrial accident or something. He DOES work construction, so anything's possible. But the other ear should be 100% OK (as much as somebody working around power tools all day every day is OK with regards to hearing loss that is).
In that case, let's put the (yet another) interest point in Mining. Assuming he gets one.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Alternately, if you want to up the female character count:

Name: Jess Pezzleton
Nickname: Jester (or figmentPez)
Jaw Shape: Heart Shaped
Hair Style: Princess
Color: Green

Skills: 26 points
Social: 3*
Cooking: 2*
Crafting: 5**
Intellectual: 9*

Traits: Pretty, Optimist, Psychically Hypersensitive

Equipment:
- Clothes in purple and black (green if you need another color)
- Wild Boar (F)
Try not to get stabbed this time. :p

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Sorry, I can't control the color of your cat. Also, be advised Felis Catus are entirely untrainable beyond basic domestication. He won't follow you, or fight for you, or help you work, but he will run around killing and eating small creatures (that aren't domesticated by the group).
That's fine - had just put in the color to match what I had at the time. You're also saying that a cat is being like an actual cat, which is fine too.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

If it's not too late for an addition (Thanks for setting this up, Gas!):

Theodorus "Special" Keo
M
Average body
Tanned
Average head
Oval jaw
Black, SPSGronn hair

Skills (I'm only listing the ones I put numbers in, interest points are marked as "IP")
Melee: 9, +2 IP
Medicine: 6, +1 IP
Cooking: 9, +1 IP
Artistic: 6, +1 IP

Health issue
Is "Riddick vision" in there? i.e. literal night vision that leaves me practically blind during the day? If so, I would put the additional points into Animals. If not, I'm good.

Traits
Brawler
Iron-willed
Lazy

Equipment
Grey jacket, black shirt
Plasteel knife

Dei

Dei

How much do your personal skills effect your animal companion? I was originally going to request a muffalo, but I only took 2 points in Growing, and I didn't want to starve the poor thing to death.

Also, I like saying muffalo.

muffaloooooooooooooooooo
All that actually matters is that you have Animals 4 to be it's master.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@figmentPez - Take 36 points for skills, not 27 :p

As Dei said, you just need the animal skill. Muffalo are omnivorous, which means they can actually graze on wild fauna/grass. They only need access to manually grown fodder in weather where pasture grazing isn't cutting it (deep snow, toxic fallout, etc) but even then, there's plenty of people with growing, and the farming will be a communal effort.

Also, I like saying muffalo

muffaloooooooooooooooooo

Is "Riddick vision" in there? i.e. literal night vision that leaves me practically blind during the day? If so, I would put the additional points into Animals. If not, I'm good.
Well, not explicitly, unfortunately. I mean, you could kludge something similar with Night Owl and Nyctophile (morale penalties for being awake during the day, bonus for being awake late at night, bonus for being in the dark).. but that'd take out two of your traits and you already had 3.

Everybody else, I'll get your characters rolled after work.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Well, not explicitly, unfortunately. I mean, you could kludge something similar with Night Owl and Nyctophile (morale penalties for being awake during the day, bonus for being awake late at night, bonus for being in the dark).. but that'd take out two of your traits and you already had 3.
Hmmm, in that case, could I nix Iron-willed and Lazy, and replace with the two you suggest? I like the idea very much.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hmmm, in that case, could I nix Iron-willed and Lazy, and replace with the two you suggest? I like the idea very much.
Ok, but it's not worth extra points because it's actually mixed/beneficial :p

Hylian

Hylian

Name: Natalie "Hylian" Rose
Head Size Average
Face Shape: Oval
Hair Style: AHSwavy Long, Black

Skills:

Interest points:

Traits: Neurotic, Night Owl, Gay

Equipment:
Black Jacket, Purple Shirt, Blue Jeans
Artic Fox - Male

GasBandit

GasBandit

Traits: Is there an option for asexual? If not Bisexual/Pansexual if they have it
Sorry. I think Dei told me about a mod that gets into the kinsey scale, but I don't have it.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Sorry. I think Dei told me about a mod that gets into the kinsey scale, but I don't have it.
Looks like RomanceDiversified has a laundry list of useful stuff.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's a real possibility, if it doesn't conflict with any of my other mods. Though the comments section seems to indicate it has some... issues of its own.

Dei

Dei

The comments seem to say it's buggy.

Soupy

Soupy

Hey Gas, can you post a list of the mods you plan to be using for this?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Ok, but it's not worth extra points because it's actually mixed/beneficial :p
Completely good, at this point its just character fun & flavor. :p

Dei

Dei

I still say you should use Psychology. But *shrug*

Celt Z

Celt Z

As Dei said, you just need the animal skill. Muffalo are omnivorous, which means they can actually graze on wild fauna/grass. They only need access to manually grown fodder in weather where pasture grazing isn't cutting it (deep snow, toxic fallout, etc) but even then, there's plenty of people with growing, and the farming will be a communal effort.
Thank you Gas, and @Dei !

Gas, when you have a chance, could I please have a muffalo instead of my Lab?

Muffalooooooooooooooo

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey Gas, can you post a list of the mods you plan to be using for this?
(Blows note on harmonica) *Fweee
Ahem
La la la..

♫ WEEELLLLLLLLLL♫

Efficient Light
and Cheaper Components
and Organized Research Tab

There's Stack Manager
and Rimfridge too
and Extended Traits, cause they're fab

Without Prepare Carefully, this whole thing wouldn't work
And Trading Spot's essential to make caravans not jerks

AllowDeadMan'sApparel fixes something that shoulda already been there
And Change Dresser is great for storing clothes and changing hair

Where's the Gravel fixes an annoying artwork flub
And RT Fuse, cause spacers should know circuit breakers, bub

A Dog Said will help keep our pets healthy and super fit
And Hugslib is in there because basically other mods all just need it

See Deep Ores, because it's a QOL issue and no brainer
And Allow Tool just prevents me from going ever more insane-er

Set-up Camp's a must have for all your caravaning guys
I have Refugee stats, but for this, I don't think it applies

(since I'm turning off refugee events)

Balanced Neutroamine Production, so we can grow our meds
And Simple Sidearms so closing to melee doesn't make gunners instantly dead

AC Enhanced Crafting, for managing our crafts
And JTReplace walls is nice because the old way was quite daft

(Also Better Workbench Management)

Hardworking animals will make our pets all haul their weight
And SS Damage indicators makes combat really great

Headgear frame is nice but really purely just for looks
Heat map lets me make sure nobody accidentally cooks (or freezes)

I have Zombie Apocalypse but I don't think I'll use it this time, guys
Ditto for Packed Lunch, not quite as useful as I first surmised

Of course a number of hair mods that aren't important enough to tell
But Colony Manager is super fucking swell

(And I don't think I could do this without it)

RuntimeGC's just for addressing some late game performance probs
And to fix a retarded design decision, Billy's Improved Load Transport Pods

We're gonna lose some limbs and such, it's guaranteed, I'm fearing,
So we definitely will have Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering

LT-Doormat will help keep our compound nice and neat
And from what I understand Additional Joy Objects is a treat.

So now, for Romance Diversified, I wait with baited breath
to figure out if it is workable, or will just fuck us all to death.

Hylian

Hylian

Okay, in that case I will change it to gay :)

Dei

Dei

*cough*[DOUBLEPOST=1500918176,1500918054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you Gas, and @Dei !

Gas, when you have a chance, could I please have a muffalo instead of my Lab?

Muffalooooooooooooooo
Make hers a boy so our Muffalo can make babies together imo. :p

Dei

Dei

Another thought if it's ok with @Celt Z , since we are forum twinsies you should make us in game siblings. :p

Celt Z

Celt Z

Another thought if it's ok with @Celt Z , since we are forum twinsies you should make us in game siblings. :p
I was not aware we could do either of those things, but I'm all for it! (I was planning on calling my muffalo Bill, so it would help if it's a "he".)

Soupy

Soupy

Ahem
La la la..

♫ WEEELLLLLLLLLL♫

Efficient Light
and Cheaper Components

There's Stack Manager
and Rimfridge too

YouTube or twitch video of you singing this please.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was not aware we could do either of those things, but I'm all for it! (I was planning on calling my muffalo Bill, so it would help if it's a "he".)
Can do.

And if anyone else wants to be brothers/sisters/parents/offspring of anybody else in the game, I can make that happen too.

(Unfortunately I can't control what the muffalo will be named, though).

Celt Z

Celt Z

Unfortunately I can't control what the muffalo will be named, though.
Oh, I know, it was more like, "In my head, he shall be Bill.".

Bubble181

Bubble181

Can do.

And if anyone else wants to be brothers/sisters/parents/offspring of anybody else in the game, I can make that happen too.

Aren't we all Dave's children? :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aren't we all Dave's children? :p
Only in a cult sense, not biologically.

Though, given recent developments, I can't say for certain we're not all related to him in some way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Man, we're a bunch of intellectuals huh? But I hope Gas doesn't need any mining/digging done :p
Bob The Angry Flower is a guilty pleasure of mine. The politics don't ever agree with me, but the laughs are there to be had. This post reminds me of one of their comics:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Crap. I'm suffering from some bad insomnia right now. I'll try to get around to fixing that, but I'm not sure I can tackle that without getting some sleep first, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Feel free to just throw random numbers in if you need to get me into the system.

MindDetective

MindDetective

9 points in mining it is!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Crap. I'm suffering from some bad insomnia right now. I'll try to get around to fixing that, but I'm not sure I can tackle that without getting some sleep first, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Feel free to just throw random numbers in if you need to get me into the system.
You got time. I don't plan to launch the game until at least this weekend. I've been a zombie all day myself. Heh.

Shut up Dei.

Soupy

Soupy

Bob The Angry Flower is a guilty pleasure of mine. The politics don't ever agree with me, but the laughs are there to be had. This post reminds me of one of their comics:

If we are short in mining, take 2 from intellectual and 1 from social and boost my mining with them. I'll get the coal lung and be dead by the first year most likely.

GasBandit

GasBandit

If we are short in mining, take 2 from intellectual and 1 from social and boost my mining with them. I'll get the coal lung and be dead by the first year most likely.
Don't worry about it. Even people with 0 mining CAN mine. Only people who are "incapable of mining" would be unable to, and I don't think there's many like that.

Also, mining becomes a lot less important if the group doesn't crashland in a mountainous region.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

You don't have to game, I'll game for you ;) I just need a description of your character, formatted as quoted above. I do everything else for you, you just sit back and read the resulting story.
NAME: Vince "Thynne" Powell
BOBY TYPE: Thin
HAIR STYLE AND COLOR: Wavy Brown

SKILLS:
Shooting: 8

INTEREST:

Age 18 (If only!)

Equipment:
Black jacket, Dark gray shirt, Black pants.
Pistol

How's that GB? Loosely based on myself at various ages.
Feel free to amend.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Not to power-game too much ('cause that's not really the point of this, at least for me), but if we're that short on mining, I am totally happy switching all my previous cooking points into Mining instead.

We seem to have...too many cooks.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not to power-game too much ('cause that's not really the point of this, at least for me), but if we're that short on mining, I am totally happy switching all my previous cooking points into Mining instead.

We seem to have...too many cooks.
I really don't think mining will be a problem.

As for Cooks, trust me, when you have 40 mouths to feed twice a day, you can't have too many cooks.[DOUBLEPOST=1500941005,1500940908][/DOUBLEPOST]
How's that GB? Loosely based on myself at various ages.
Feel free to amend.
Looks good! I'll get it worked up after I take care of some other stuff.

And, as I said, updates on the game proper will probably start next week.

Dirona

Dirona

And, as I said, updates on the game proper will probably start next week.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You got time. I don't plan to launch the game until at least this weekend. I've been a zombie all day myself. Heh.

Shut up Dei.
I take it I'll have to start hanging around in chat more often.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I take it I'll have to start hanging around in chat more often.

--Patrick
Not really. I just send him gentle reminders every time I see him playing Rimworld at 1am his time. :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Not really. I just send him gentle reminders every time I see him playing Rimworld at 1am his time. :p
I've also thought about poking him, but that would bring to light that I frequently haven't been getting to bed until 3-4a my time, even on days when I have to be to work by 9 the next day. :oops:

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was a night owl when I was a kid, but now if I don't get a solid 8 hours I am an absolute fucking mess the next day.

Which has been the case today. I got maybe 6 or 7, I think, and from the look of me you'd think I just walked through a carwash with the water turned off at the main.

Dei

Dei

TBH, the older I get the harder it is to sleep for 8 straight hours.

BErt

Please tell me if I did this wrong, this is my first foray into anything like this.

Name: BErt Furnace (get that capital E in dammit :p)*
Face Shape: Square
Hair Style: SPSVIKING, Gray

Skills:
Shooting - 2
Melee - 2
Social - 4
Animals - 8
Medicine - 2
Cooking - 8
Construction - 2
Growing - 2
Mining - 2
Artistic - 0
Crafting - 0
Intellectual - 4

Interest Points:
Shooting - 1
Melee - 1
Animals - 2
Cooking - 1

Health Issues:
Alcoholism

Traits:
Night Owl
Toxic Resistance
Social Butterfly

Equipment:
Orange Jacket
Black Shirt
Black Pants
Husky, Male

*(changed my mind and edited my last name; not that I care that anyone here knows it, but just 'cause)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

As for Cooks, trust me, when you have 40 mouths to feed twice a day, you can't have too many cooks.
Hopefully RimPoe can help with both of those problems!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I did give my character a 7 in Mining, so at least somebody will be able to do that decently.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My problem is, I want to sleep for 10 hours, then be awake for 18, then repeat.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Same here. Usually I end up wanting to sleep for 9 or 10, instead.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

@BErt you get two more skill points or one more interest point to compensate for your alcohol addiction.

BErt

@BErt you get two more skill points or one more interest point to compensate for your alcohol addiction.
Oh. Ok... um. Give me 2 more medicine skill points.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here's @SpecialKO, @Hylian, @Grytpipe-Thynne and @BErt.

SpecialKO, I found an origin story that was too perfect for your character, but it cranked up your melee more than you should have had points for. So be glad, the GM decides you get the bonus this time :p
You were raised by wolves.

Attachments

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Six hours is a good night for me. Five hours is more common.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Can do.

I feel like @Bubble181, @PatrThom and I ought to be triplets.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'll get my character rolled by this weekend. The program I'm working for is in its final week (for the year, not forever), so I'm buried in site visits and work evaluations.

Soupy

Soupy

Are you planning on sharing the scenario you create out of this via SteamWorkshop?

Eriol

Eriol

Are you planning on sharing the scenario you create out of this via SteamWorkshop?
I actually would like you NOT to do that. If there's a way to share it "privately" (we're not exactly Reddit here for publicity), great, but that's different than "completely out there" IMO.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I actually would like you NOT to do that. If there's a way to share it "privately" (we're not exactly Reddit here for publicity), great, but that's different than "completely out there" IMO.
He should be able to share it "to friends only" on Steam, or share the scenario file directly (through gasbanditry.com or similar) and link it here. Those files should be in %AppData%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Scenarios.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Here's @SpecialKO, @Hylian, @Grytpipe-Thynne and @BErt.

SpecialKO, I found an origin story that was too perfect for your character, but it cranked up your melee more than you should have had points for. So be glad, the GM decides you get the bonus this time :p
You were raised by wolves.
A gentleman, sir, you are. /tip o' hat

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

NAME: Snuffles Upagus
BODY TYPE: Muscular
HAIR STYLE: SPS Beard

SKILLS:
Social: 8
Artistic: 10

Interest Points:

HEALTH ISSUES:
N/A

TRAITS:
Industrious
Steadfast
Nite Owl

Equipment:
Black Jacket, Blue shirt, Brown pants
Pistol

I tried to stack the deck for erotic artwork. Lets see how that goes.

Terrik

Terrik

Draw me, Snuffles.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'll do this when I get off work today. :D

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

Draw me, Snuffles.
Not if the goal is to actually have someone buy them.

Dei

Dei

You forgot interest points.

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

You forgot interest points.
Done.

Celt Z

Celt Z

From what I understand, Terrik likes to make art of Terrik making art. So, maybe there's a market for it?

Bubble181

Bubble181

From what I understand, Terrik likes to make art of Terrik making art. So, maybe there's a market for it?
Hey, look, if it's not art of Terrik making erotic art, I'm not interested.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hey, look, if it's not art of Terrik making erotic art, I'm not interested.
Such as, sitting naked at the pottery wheel? I'm not sure I want to know.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Scenario file isn't anything special, it doesn't have the characters in it, just the rules of the game - and the rules of the game thus far is basically just the standard marooned start only with refugees, wanderers, and escape pods disabled.

The actual characters and equipment are saved in Prepare Carefully. I am not sure if there's a way to share that, but if there is, I'll share it at the conclusion of the story :p[DOUBLEPOST=1500996553,1500996521][/DOUBLEPOST]
Such as, sitting naked at the pottery wheel? I'm not sure I want to know.

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

At this point I'm just hoping Terrik dies early so it doesn't come up.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Dei

Dei

At this point I'm just hoping Terrik dies early so it doesn't come up.

And then Gas will move in to comfort the grieving widow amirite.

Terrik

Terrik

I didn't even think of that. I better not die under "unusual circumstances"

GasBandit

GasBandit

[DOUBLEPOST=1500997276,1500997229][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't even think of that. I better not die under "unusual circumstances"

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Null

Null

I would laugh my ass off if Jun gave that post a "like" "love" or "brofist" rating.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

NAME: Kags Little
HAIR STYLE: AHSfluffy long, brunette

SKILLS:
Social: 5

Interest Points:
Aniamls: 1

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Friendly
Hard working
Silver Tongued

Equipment:
Red jacket, grey shirt, black pants
M Red Fox (PLEASE, I CANNOT!)

GasBandit

GasBandit

M Red Fox (PLEASE, I CANNOT!)
I never woulda fuckin guessed :p

Wait..

HAIR STYLE: AHSfluffy long, brunette

What...

WHAT...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!

EXPLAIN YOURSELF @LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

For half a second I was like, I shouldn't just to MESS WITH THEM. But the pull was too strong, I'm weak.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Wait..

What...

WHAT...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!

EXPLAIN YOURSELF @LittleKagsin
My red faded so I'm a brunette again?

But, like, make it red by all means. I won't be mad about it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My red faded

...so I'm a brunette again?

But, like, make it red by all means. I won't be mad about it.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Hahahaa!

Hey, if you wanna pay my salon bill, I'll go back in a heartbeat. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hahahaa!

Hey, if you wanna pay my salon bill, I'll go back in a heartbeat. ;)
I wonder if Garnier sells gift cards.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, Kags, I'm kinda surprised you chose to be passionate about intellectual work instead of crafting. You like filling out tax returns more than you like sewing? Like... costumes?

In fact, I should point out to everybody that being interested in "intellectual" does not mean "I am smart." It means "I like sitting at a desk all day shuffling papers, auditing inventory and doing math. Spreadsheets are fun and I have strong opinions about MLA vs APA."

If you like sewing, or tinkering with electronics, that's *crafting.*

If you like writing/reading, that's *artistic.*

Celt Z

Celt Z

In fact, I should point out to everybody that being interested in "intellectual" does not mean "I am smart." It means "I like sitting at a desk all day shuffling papers, auditing inventory and doing math. Spreadsheets are fun and I have strong opinions about MLA vs APA."
Ah, so, the opposite of Halforums Academy.

I think I put one or two points in Int, but then again, I was a secretary for years, so I guess it's in my wheelhouse.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ah, so, the opposite of Halforums Academy.

I think I put one or two points in Int, but then again, I was a secretary for years, so I guess it's in my wheelhouse.
One or two points means "I've heard of this but I am completely awful at it." If you've actually held down a secretarial job, I'd have put your intellectual skill at at least 6. Humanities professors would be 13ish. Theoretical Physicists would be 20.

But I'm more talking about interest points, not skill, in my above quote.[DOUBLEPOST=1501033713,1501033498][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course, it is fair to say you might not have had the skill for deskwork at 18 that you did later :p

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm just hoping to not be killed by the people I've called for help because I've lost my mind in the kitchen or infirmary. Again.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm just hoping to not be killed by the people I've called for help because I've lost my mind in the kitchen or infirmary. Again.
Heh, well, that had nothing to do with your stats. You'd just seen everyone you knew, worked with, lived with, loved, all slaughtered and eaten by giant multilegged chitinous horrors.

That'd put anybody on edge.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Of course, it is fair to say you might not have had the skill for deskwork at 18 that you did later :p
Oh, heavens, yes.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, here's Kags and Snuffles. I... compromised on the hair for Kags a bit, and made it auburn/reddish brown :p

Attachments

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh, and I also think I should point out that, if you later change your mind on your hair style/color, there is a mechanism in-game to change them, and it is not a problem.

Additionally, clothes wear out and are replaced by other clothes we will make ourselves, and the new clothes will have their own default colors, and your pawns (that's the term for the characters in this game) will decide for themselves what they want to wear, within certain policy limitations. So, when your synthread clothes get down to about 60% integrity, your pawn will probably go looking for something else to wear. It might be leather or wool, or in Ravenpoe's case, clothing made from human skin :confused:. Chances are I won't remember what your starting colors were, so within a few months you'll probably be wearing something different. But if you see yourself in an update wearing something you'd rather be another color (or another piece of clothing entirely), you will be able to let me know and I'll be able to change it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll be adding one more mod to the list, and that is Misc. Core.

This is so I'll be able to assign "battle stations" to specific groups of people and send them there ready to fight with a keypress, instead of having to hunt through 50 colonists trying to remember who has guns and who has knives every time there's a raid.

The vanilla game doesn't support hotkeyed selection groups, unlike most RTS games out there, but because most people don't ever get more than 10 or 15 colonists, it wasn't as big a deal. Now that we have 43 with more on the way... yeah, I want to be able to do that :p

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Also, Kags, I'm kinda surprised you chose to be passionate about intellectual work instead of crafting. You like filling out tax returns more than you like sewing? Like... costumes?

Then drop my int to 4 and bump artistic to 5, please.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Then drop my int to 4 and bump artistic to 5, please.
You sure I shouldn't bump your int to 7? How many times have I read stories about you and your old job's accounting? :p

Joking aside, remember the difference between skill and interest. Your interest point is on intellect. Moving skill points from one to the other just alters proficiency, not interest. Are you better at artistic endeavors, but still uninterested in them? Because that's what you're telling me to do.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You sure I shouldn't bump your int to 7? How many times have I read stories about you and your old job's accounting? :p

Joking aside, remember the difference between skill and interest. Your interest point is on intellect. Moving skill points from one to the other just alters proficiency, not interest. Are you better at artistic endeavors, but still uninterested in them? Because that's what you're telling me to do.
Yeah. I just got back from the baseball game and am close to nodding off. Better to keep it as is so I don't have to engage brain any more tonight :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

I will also be adding the Apparello 2 mod to this playthrough. It will add more clothing options (for use later, not as starting equipment).

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm legit just hoping to stay alive. And the arts don't do that, which is why I stayed away from artistic. I did some crafting. So, whatever the fuck keeps me alive.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm legit just hoping to stay alive. And the arts don't do that, which is why I stayed away from artistic. I did some crafting. So, whatever the fuck keeps me alive.
Well, intellectual work isn't directly linked to survival any more than artistic work or crafting work. Art tasks will keep you indoors carving or writing. Crafting work will keep you inside sewing or machining or smithing. Intellectual work will keep you inside shuffling papers and doing research. All three mean you are inside.

I'd say the risky jobs are:
Shooting - because you will be expected to defend the colony from pirates, mechanoids, angry tribals, man-eating beasts and skittering horrors, and furthermore you will be expected to hunt animals for food, and they often fight back.
Melee - because you will be expected to intercept the above, and defend the shooters so they can shoot
Animals - because you will be expected to basically be the colony's K9 unit, training and commanding attack animals in the above situation, with the added mental stress inherent if and when an animal you have bonded with dies
Mining - because cave-ins happen (if rarely), just ask Terrik, he ended up a juicy meat pancake last playthrough.

However, if the colony doesn't have people skilled in those abilities, it also will not live long. An undefended colony is a colony soon enslaved and burned down.

But really, with 40 other people around you, you can probably feel pretty safe indulging your interests, as long as those interests don't involve wandering out into the woods late at night or something.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Well, intellectual work isn't directly linked to survival any more than artistic work or crafting work. Art tasks will keep you indoors carving or writing. Crafting work will keep you inside sewing or machining or smithing. Intellectual work will keep you inside shuffling papers and doing research. All three mean you are inside.

I'd say the risky jobs are:
Shooting - because you will be expected to defend the colony from pirates, mechanoids, angry tribals, man-eating beasts and skittering horrors, and furthermore you will be expected to hunt animals for food, and they often fight back.
Melee - because you will be expected to intercept the above, and defend the shooters so they can shoot
Animals - because you will be expected to basically be the colony's K9 unit, training and commanding attack animals in the above situation, with the added mental stress inherent if and when an animal you have bonded with dies
Mining - because cave-ins happen (if rarely), just ask Terrik, he ended up a juicy meat pancake last playthrough.

However, if the colony doesn't have people skilled in those abilities, it also will not live long. An undefended colony is a colony soon enslaved and burned down.

But really, with 40 other people around you, you can probably feel pretty safe indulging your interests, as long as those interests don't involve wandering out into the woods late at night or something.
I'm 1000% too lazy to bother with it tonight, maybe I'll re-work my stats tomorrow, but I'm currently way too sleepy. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, edited that post.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

An undefended colony is a colony soon enslaved
This is my fetish.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aaand here's Pez.

Attachments

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

NAME: Lisa "WasabiPoptart"
HAIRSTYLE AND COLOR: SPSPaige, light brown

SKILLS:

INTEREST:

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Too Smart
Neurotic
Psychopath

EQUIPMENT:
Grey jacket, purple shirt, blue pants
Fennec fox (M)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Psychopath
Oh, that reminds me, I should clarify that, in this game, Psychopath doesn't mean what it meant in HFA. It does not predispose you to violence or horrific deeds - rather, it makes you not care about them. Ordinary colonists will be upset if someone dies, or is sold into slavery, or is harvested for organs, or butchered for meat, etc. Someone with the psychopath trait will not care, even if they do the butchering themselves, and will not have any mood debuffs from that happening. But the other side of that coin is that they also will not gain any mood bonuses from socializing, and will not form any attachments to other colonists.

The trait that predisposes someone to violence and horror is Bloodlust. This gives a mood bonus every time the colonist sees someone die (friend OR foe), and also makes them much more likely to start fights with allies. Bloodlusters (and Cannibals, for that matter) can also butcher people for meat, and wear the skins as clothing. However, only Cannibals can enjoy eating human-sourced food. And the neurotypicals of the colony will still be horrified that all this is taking place, even if it doesn't directly affect them personally.

I'm already in bed so I'll work up your char tomorrow, Wasabi ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Yeah the description sounds closer to apathetic, IMO. Aussie and I were talking about that trait and my interest/skill level in Social. I said something like my character will be observing social interaction from a clinical standpoint. He says, "Oh just like what you normally do." Ass.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yeah, I was going to take Psychopath, butr refrained because I wasn't quite sure how it'd interact with having a high social stat and 2 interest points in it. Like, I talk a lot ot calm other people down and I like doing that ,but I don't actually like socializing for the sake of socializing for myself :p

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

Alright, here's Kags and Snuffles. I... compromised on the hair for Kags a bit, and made it auburn/reddish brown :p
No beard?

Bubble181

Bubble181

No beard?

For Kags? That would seem a weird choice. Though I'm sure she could rock a great beard if she wanted to.

Denbrought

Denbrought

*Points to Math degree*
*Points to the myriad spreadsheets made to track stupid shit just so I have household data to play with*
*Points to my looking forward to tax season because financial math*

HMMMMM

Soupy

Soupy

Thanks for the invite!

NAME: Mike "Soupy" Campbell
HAIRSTYLE: SPSJay

SKILLS:

INTEREST:

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Good Reflexes
Kind
Fast Walker

EQUIPMENT:
Dark Red Jacket, Grey Shirt, Dark Blue Pants
Plasteel Knife

Can I switch my skills to the following please?
SKILLS:

Thanks @GasBandit

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Do I still have time to join the colony?

Eriol

Eriol

Hey Gas, I didn't see an image for my character yet. Too hideous to post? Or what?

;)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Hollywood has taught me very accurately that if you can do all the gangs' taxes, they'll keep you from getting shanked by the non-gang affiliated crazy inmate who is being paid off by the corrupt prison guard.

PatrThom

PatrThom

being interested in "intellectual" does not mean "I am smart." It means "I like sitting at a desk all day shuffling papers, auditing inventory and doing math. Spreadsheets are fun and I have strong opinions about MLA vs APA."
When I had two roommates, I would go through the entire phone bill and dissect it three ways. I would then recalculate the fees and taxes based on how big each person's share was. I have always done my own taxes, and I have always used the long form. I independently discovered Pascal's Triangle and Huffman Coding before I really knew what they were. I used to pass the time on overnight shifts by calculating how fast interest would compound at different rates and different levels of contribution and at different rates of taxation (e.g., Roth IRA v. 401k). I think I qualify.

--Patrick

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

Given my love for databases, I definitely placed those points correctly.

Also, the answer is MLA. :awesome:

Denbrought

Denbrought

Also, the answer is Chicago. :awesome:
FTFY, you heathen.

GasBandit

GasBandit

*Points to Math degree*
*Points to the myriad spreadsheets made to track stupid shit just so I have household data to play with*
*Points to my looking forward to tax season because financial math*

HMMMMM
Yeah, I didn't question yours :p
Can I switch my skills to the following please?
I'll do that when I get home tonight.

Hey Gas, I didn't see an image for my character yet. Too hideous to post? Or what?

;)
Hrmm, that's odd... I know I MADE your character, but I guess I forgot to post it! Another thing I'll do tonight.

Hollywood has taught me very accurately that if you can do all the gangs' taxes, they'll keep you from getting shanked by the non-gang affiliated crazy inmate who is being paid off by the corrupt prison guard.
This situation is a little less shawshank redemption and a little more Hershel's Farm ;) But with bloodthirsty robots and angry natives instead of zombies.

Also, the answer is MLA. :awesome:
Fuck yeah it is.

... I probably should have put some points into intellectual skill, but I didn't want my ass stapled to a goddamn desk :p

Null

Null

If it's not too late, given that we're chock a block full of intellectuals, how about I change my Artistic to 6 and give it the interest point and drop intellectual to zero?

GasBandit

GasBandit

If it's not too late, given that we're chock a block full of intellectuals, how about I change my Artistic to 6 and give it the interest point and drop intellectual to zero?
I can do that. (Tonight)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Wondering where stuff like installing gentoo *for fun* would fit. :D

Also maybe "incapable of mining" would mesh with my actual "FUCK COAL" attitude? :p

Denbrought

Denbrought

Straight from the traits list:
Masochist
For NAME, there's something exciting about getting hurt. They don't know why, they're just wired differently.
+5 mood bonus for being in a little pain
+10 mood bonus for being in medium pain
+15 mood bonus for being in severe pain
+20 mood bonus for being in shock

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also maybe "incapable of mining" would mesh with my actual "FUCK COAL" attitude? :p
Being incapable of something is determined by origin. Unfortunately, all the available origins that trigger "incapable of mining" also come with other skills being rendered incapable that you have, or even excel at.

Besides, you won't be mining coal here :p chemfuel maybe, but not coal.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Being incapable of something is determined by origin. Unfortunately, all the available origins that trigger "incapable of mining" also come with other skills being rendered incapable that you have, or even excel at.

Besides, you won't be mining coal here :p chemfuel maybe, but not coal.
Nevermind, then. :)

TommiR

TommiR

If it is not too late, here is something approximating me from... some years ago.

NAME: Thomas "TommiR" Redvers
HAIR STYLE: Burgundy, Brown

SHOOTING: 6 *1 interest (Military training, training in mil tactics)
MELEE: 4 (Military hand-to-hand training)
SOCIAL: 2 (If it's not about work, then what is it about?)
ANIMALS: 1 (Never had a pet. You mean they need to eat?)
MEDICINE: 4 (First aid course + military first aid training)
COOKING: 2 (I can survive on my own, but that's about it)
CONSTRUCTION: 5 *2 interest (Designing settlements and producing efficiencies is FUN)
GROWING: 2 (I do the organisation, the peons will do the rest)
MINING: 0 (So I'm supposed to swing this pick at that rock?)
ARTISTIC: 0 (Don't know about art, but I know what I like)
CRAFTING: 6 *2 interest (Let me handle the production, you go over there and look pretty)
INTELLECTUAL: 4 (Ah yes, Hannibal faced this situation once, and this is what he did...)

HEALTH ISSUES: -

TRAITS:
Fast Walker (Seriousy, people keep telling me that I need to slow down)
Hard Worker (I think so)

EQUIPMENT: Silver for the colony (Noblesse oblige)

EDIT: If you need to dock points, then take, in order of priority:

SHOOTING: -1 (For me the training was mostly about other things than firing an assault rifle)
CRAFTING: -1 (Organising the workflow is good, picking up tools, not so much)

In case I have more points than I've listed here, then add, in order of priority:

CONSTRUCTION: +1 (Civil engineering courses)
INTELLECTUAL: +1 (I believe I'm fairly well read)

Eriol

Eriol

I think it's fascinating how there's a division between "I'm making myself as a character" and "I'm making up a fantasy" in what people submit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think it's fascinating how there's a division between "I'm making myself as a character" and "I'm making up a fantasy" in what people submit.
Says the guy who basically rolled Teenage Thor in HFA2 ;)

Eriol

Eriol

Says the guy who basically rolled Teenage Thor in HFA2 ;)
Exactly! NOT inserting myself into the game! That's deliberate, because if I do, and I die (and/or other bad stuff) then it might reflect on ME! But with complete fantasy, no worries! Just speculation on what "not me" would do!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

If it's not too late to join, that's a good question! Can I be random? Do you want realistic versions of us?

GasBandit

GasBandit

If it's not too late to join, that's a good question! Can I be random? Do you want realistic versions of us?
It's not too late. It's up to you whether you want to be realistic, idealized, or random.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

It's not too late. It's up to you whether you want to be realistic, idealized, or random.
Awesome! I'll see if a certain hobo is interested as well.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Awesome! I'll see if a certain hobo is interested as well.
If he is, also decide if you want to start out married or strangers.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Ooh the intrigue!!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My character is loosely based on young me. If I had a smidge more points to spend, I might've put more in melee to make it closer.

But definitely not the hair ;)

As for Intellectual: 6, that stat's only real effect is on research. So, it implies, to me, a deep interest in learning and figuring stuff out. So I gave myself a 6, based on a few factors:
  • When I was a kid, there was no internet. So, I didn't go out and play ball for fun. I read the Encyclopedia Britannica, every article, every volume from A to Z. For fun.
  • When I was 9, and we got an apple ][+, I taught myself applesoft basic, integer basic, and machine language via opcodes (as I didn't learn about the LISA assembler until a couple years later).
  • In 1992, when VB2.0 came out and I was learning it for a job, I took the manual home (because it came with a paperback manual back then) and read it cover to cover. And I enjoyed it.
  • Back in the day, I dabbled in blue boxes, black boxes, beige boxes, etc. Not so much as to rip off the phone company, but to learn how that stuff worked.
  • To this day, I still like to learn how to do something myself rather than paying someone to do it for me over and over.
And so on. My life has been pretty full of "researching not just information, but also how to apply it to make that information do stuff", which seems applicable to the stat.

GasBandit

GasBandit

As for Intellectual: 6, that stat's only real effect is on research.
Vanilla, that would be true. However, I'm using the Colony Manager mod, which allows the colonists themselves to assign tasks that normally would require direct player intervention (selecting animals to be hunted, trees to be chopped down for wood, wild animals to be tamed, wild fruit and veggies to be picked, etc, all based on maintaining a given level of their products in storage). However, doing so requires a time-consuming "task" at a special workstation called a "manager's desk," and a pawn's speed at processing what needs to be done and flagging things on the map appropriately is mostly intellect with a dash of social thrown in. As these tasks need to be updated several times a day for effective management, I suspect a lot more people will be managers than researchers ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Exactly! NOT inserting myself into the game! That's deliberate, because if I do, and I die (and/or other bad stuff) then it might reflect on ME! But with complete fantasy, no worries! Just speculation on what "not me" would do!
Well, also, the original halforums house serieses, done in various Sims games by Gusto, the point WAS to make yourself (or at least a representation of your online persona, if not your real life one).

I play a little faster and looser :p it's mostly worked out.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yeah, I don't know if people are aware of this, but I'm not actually a cannibal.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Absolutely fucking yes to this.

Name: Ronan "Null" Crowe
Skin Tone: Fair
Hair Color and Style: Wavy and Grey

36 (and justifications)

Shooting: 4 (it's been a while but I know how to shoot and practice with airsoft guns)
Melee: 4 (a couple years of Shorin-Ryu and some medieval swordplay)
Social: 2 (I'm kind of awkward)
Animals: 4 (animals are my kind of people) *
Medicine: 2 (taken some first aid courses)
Cooking: 6 (I'm not half bad at cooking) **
Construction: 1 (I'm clumsy with a hammer)
Growing: 3 (I do some gardening)
Mining: Noooope (I get creeped out in tunnels)
Artistic: 2 (I do some writing)
Crafting: 4 (chainmail/armoring) *
Intellectual: 4 (I love looking stuff up and learning about it) *

Traits: Night Owl, Too Smart, Glutton

Equipment: Colt M1911-pattern pistol, Grey jacket, black pants, red shirt (In all likelihood...)
@Charon your Crush Scar - Left Shoulder (Closest I could get to healed fracture) entitles you to 2 more skill points or one more interest point. Which and where do you want?[DOUBLEPOST=1500754750,1500754731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not any time soon. Probably at least a week or two.
still open?

GasBandit

GasBandit

still open?
Yeah, I'm calling sunday the deadline.

Dei

Dei

So I have a few more days to get you to add more mods. Got it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

My first run of most games, I try to approximate myself (as I see myself) as much as possible. Subsequent playthroughs are another story. I was actually quite surprised at just how closely my character in HFA's experience paralleled my own.
[DOUBLEPOST=1501110100,1501109840][/DOUBLEPOST]
In 1992, when VB2.0 came out and I was learning it for a job, I took the manual home (because it came with a paperback manual back then) and read it cover to cover. And I enjoyed it.
I think I took home the entire DEC VAX/VMS manual when my college threw out the outdated version. I had it for a looooong time. And we're talking about a manual that probably stood three feet high/wide depending on whether you just stacked all the individual volumes in a pile or actually mounted them on the wire frame that ran the length of the table.

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

NAME (First/Last): Matt "General Specific" Brice (shortening the nickname to GenSpec or the like is fine)
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: SPSLeon, Brown

Melee: 4 (+1 interest)
Animals: 4 (+1 interest)
Crafting: 5 (+2 interest)
Intellectual: 4 (+1 interest)

HEALTH ISSUES: none
TRAITS: Hard Worker, Pessimist, Healthy
EQUIPMENT: dark blue jacket, black shirt, blue pants
knife
Animal - Female Labrador Retriever

Edit: Got it, Gas. Added 2 to shooting since I am just a really bad shot and not an imminent threat to anyone standing around me when I pick up a gun. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

NAME (First/Last): Matt "General Specific" Brice (shortening the nickname to GenSpec or the like is fine)
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: SPSLeon, Brown

Melee: 4 (+1 interest)
Animals: 4 (+1 interest)
Crafting: 5 (+2 interest)
Intellectual: 4 (+1 interest)

TRAITS: Hard Worker, Pessimist, Healthy
EQUIPMENT: dark blue jacket, black shirt, blue pants
knife
Animal - Female Labrador Retriever
You get two more skill points, or one more interest point, to compensate for Pessimist.[DOUBLEPOST=1501114441,1501114166][/DOUBLEPOST]
Edit: Got it, Gas. Added 2 to shooting since I am just a really bad shot and not an imminent threat to anyone standing around me when I pick up a gun. ;)
SUPPRESSING FIIIIIIIIIIIRE

General Specific

General Specific

Rampo.gif

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, here's the latest batch, with the fixed/forgotten versions of the others.

Attachments

Far

Far

I was assuming vanilla use of intellect and justified it by saying I was publishing and researching various animal husbandry stuff. If it's going to be mostly managerial in nature rather than research could we empty intellect and put 2 in animals, 2 in melee and 1 in artistic?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was assuming vanilla use of intellect and justified it by saying I was publishing and researching various animal husbandry stuff. If it's going to be mostly managerial in nature rather than research could we empty intellect and put 2 in animals, 2 in melee and 1 in artistic?
Basically, it'll probably break down to 2 or 3 managers for every researcher. No guarantee which you will be on any given day, and it will most likely change day-to-day (research and managing are both low-priority assignments). Research usually goes to whoever calls "dibs" first in the morning who doesn't have anything else more immediately critical to do (like harvesting, cooking, or crafting), and then they stick with it until they get hungry or tired, and then someone else will jump on the workstation when it goes vacant. Managing, on the other hand, can take 10-30 mins per task assignment, after which the manager(s) will then leave their desks for 2-4 hours to go do real work. So, there will be more managers than researchers, but more time will be spent on research than on managing.

Given that you have no passion for intellectual work (you didn't put ANY interest points in it, you must hate your research job :p), you'll most likely end up doing a little managing every so often, but probably no research.

I can move your points, but your math is off. You're currently 6 in intellectual skill, not 5, so you need to assign one more point.

Far

Far

Punchy bashy point please. Thanks for being tolerant of all the changes.

General Specific

General Specific

I seem to only have 4 interest points on my sheet instead of 5. I did list crafting as +2, is that just not represented on the sheet?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Punchy bashy point please. Thanks for being tolerant of all the changes.
Heh, ok.

I seem to only have 4 interest points on my sheet instead of 5. I did list crafting as +2, is that just not represented on the sheet?
Ooops, I'll fix it.[DOUBLEPOST=1501125047,1501124667][/DOUBLEPOST]Revisions

Attachments

PatrThom

PatrThom

GenSpec (2), huh? Don't you mean GenReSpec?

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Miss Squidley Bits reporting for duty and creating her profile as a single lady. No hobo husband.

He declined to join me on this adventure.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Here I am! Please let me know if I missed anything. I want a polar bear!! I took those animal handling points just for that dream....

NAME (First/Last), Squidley Bits
COMPLEXION: Pale or Fair (whichever is pastier - I pretty much glow in the dark lol)
JAW SHAPE: Heartshaped
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: AHShalf-cover-face/hot pink please if available or medium blonde if not

For a grand total of: 38 (36 plus two for the scar)

INTERESTS:

HEALTH ISSUES: (Just adding one here because if I made this realistic you would be up all night adding it into your game and I would feel bad lol)

Scar right arm

TRAITS:

Industrious
Sanguine
Silver-tongued

EQUIPMENT:

White shirt, black pants, hot pink jacket please
pistol

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here I am! Please let me know if I missed anything. I want a polar bear!! I took those animal handling points just for that dream....
Then for your sake I hope we land somewhere in the north, but that's not a given :p You might have to settle for a regular bear, otherwise. Presuming it doesn't claw your face off while you're trying to tame it.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Then for your sake I hope we land somewhere in the north, but that's not a given :p You might have to settle for a regular bear, otherwise. Presuming it doesn't claw your face off while you're trying to tame it.
Well, I assume she's used to that, given the....creatures she's managed to tame to live with her :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

More mod changes:
I have replaced Headgear Frame with Show Hair With Hats because the former didn't work right with the multiple new layers introduced by Apparello.

Dei

Dei

More mod changes:
I have replaced Headgear Frame with Show Hair With Hats because the former didn't work right with the multiple new layers introduced by Apparello.
Did you add Outfitter?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Okaaaaay. Changes. Thanks for giving me my red hair by the way. ;)

Interest:
Melee 1
Crafting 1

Take off intellectual entirely. THANK YOUUUUU! :heart:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Did you add Outfitter?
Yes. I've added Outfitter and Save Storage and Outfit Settings. For some reason I thought I posted I did, already. Whups.[DOUBLEPOST=1501179216,1501178787][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okaaaaay. Changes. Thanks for giving me my red hair by the way. ;)

Interest:
Melee 1
Crafting 1

Take off intellectual entirely. THANK YOUUUUU! :heart:

MindDetective

MindDetective

I am a researcher and now also the chair of the department, soooo...either role is going depict me just fine. :-\

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Fate of Terrik.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

Bonus points if @Dei's the one that actually shoots him dead.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Careful shooter means it won't be an accident.

Terrik

Terrik

:confused:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Order up!

Attachments

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a lil' sumthin sumthin I threw together tonight, to keep you guys as amped for this as I am. :D

Far

Far

Damn, that intro though!
hype-train.gif

Eriol

Eriol

Just a lil' sumthin sumthin I threw together tonight, to keep you guys as amped for this as I am. :D

Which specific cover of the Metroid opening is the music from that?

Also, while I recognized the pods from First Contact, where's the footage of the "not everything going well with many of them breaking up" re-entry from?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Which specific cover of the Metroid opening is the music from that?
The Bounty of a Brain, by Big Giant Circles

Also, while I recognized the pods from First Contact, where's the footage of the "not everything going well with many of them breaking up" re-entry from?
Gravity :D

And if anybody else wonders, the attack and ship destruction sequence came from Freespace 2.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So... the story *begins* with a mass mental break? :p

Siska

Siska

I am adding a family member then, since we are allowed and I think it was said we needed miners. This is my late grandpa. Born and raised on a farm in rural Sweden (but I'm ignoring that for his skills). Only had 6 years of schooling. Sweden had/has mandatory military service for men. So he spent at least one year doing that. Possibly longer, I never asked. Built his own summer vacation house from scratch. Worked all his life in a Volvo factory and collected (pretty) rocks as a hobby. That's like mining, right? :cool:

NAME: Kurt "Moffa" Pantzar
HEAD SIZE: Average (huge!)
JAW SHAPE: Oval (sphere)
HAIR STYLE AND COLOR: Scatman Grey (why no comb over?)

SKILLS:
Shooting: 7
Construction: 8
Mining: 8

INTEREST:
Crafting: 1*

Age 18 (Schrodinger age. He is simultaneously 18 and 70)

Health Issues: Hearing loss in both ears*
Traits: Careful Shooter, Perfectionist, Industrious.

Equipment:
All dark green (I think his Volvo work clothes were dark green overalls)
Pistol

GasBandit

GasBandit

Funnily enough, I can set his biological age to 18 and his chronological age to 70 :p

(It means he went into cryptosleep for 52 years at some point)

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Woot! I saw my character's name on the planet surface - I didn't burn up on entry! At least, not yet.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Man, one throwaway comment and suddenly we have 5 miners. Sorry Gas, hope we land in or near mountains :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Man, one throwaway comment and suddenly we have 5 miners. Sorry Gas, hope we land in or near mountains :p
One of these days yer gonna learn to keep your big beak shut :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

One of these days yer gonna learn to keep your big beak shut :p
Like that's gonna happen... been trying to learn for years :oops:

Adam

Adam

Thanks for addicting me to this game Gas, greatly appreciated :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Thanks for addicting me to this game Gas, greatly appreciated :(
Y U NO FILL OUT CHARACTER SHEET HUH

Adam

Adam

Y U NO FILL OUT CHARACTER SHEET HUH
NAME (First/Last): Adam Mon
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Shaved

Social: 7 **
Construction: 3

HEALTH ISSUES:
None

TRAITS:
Silver-tongued
Optimist
Neurotic

EQUIPMENT:
Red Jacket, White Shirt, Red pants
No equipment: Took extra skill points

Frank

Frank

People were giving reasons why they chose specific skills so I'll humblebrag mine, I have both my cross pistols and cross rifles patches. I is gud at shoot.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

GasBandit

GasBandit

People were giving reasons why they chose specific skills so I'll humblebrag mine, I have both my cross pistols and cross rifles patches. I is gud at shoot.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Well, I don't think anybody's gonna tell a cop they don't believe he's a good shot, these days :p

/HEYOOOOO

Oh man that one hurt to say.

Frank

Frank

Well, I don't think anybody's gonna tell a cop they don't believe he's a good shot, these days :p

/HEYOOOOO

Oh man that one hurt to say.
Hey, I'm a mountie....so just SLIGHTLY less likely to shoot a minority, because we have fewer.

That's why I took careful shooter!

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Adam I only see 3 interest points, you get 2 more.

Adam

Adam

Medicine and artistic I suppose.

Reverent-one

Reverent-one

My wife would like to participate as well, here's her character:

NAME: Jessica "Noble Hippie" Smith
HAIR STYLE: SPSBrona, Blonde
SKILLS:
Interest points:
Traits:
Nervous
Kind
Optimist
EQUIPMENT:
Green Jacket, blue shirt, purple pants
Fennic Fox

GasBandit

GasBandit

My wife would like to participate as well, here's her character:

NAME: Jessica "Noble Hippie" Smith
HAIR STYLE: SPSBrona, Blonde
SKILLS:
Interest points:
Traits:
Nervous
Kind
Optimist
EQUIPMENT:
Green Jacket, blue shirt, purple pants
Fennic Fox
Do the two of you want to start out married, or strangers?[DOUBLEPOST=1501290569,1501290514][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am adding a family member then, since we are allowed and I think it was said we needed miners. This is my late grandpa. Born and raised on a farm in rural Sweden (but I'm ignoring that for his skills). Only had 6 years of schooling. Sweden had/has mandatory military service for men. So he spent at least one year doing that. Possibly longer, I never asked. Built his own summer vacation house from scratch. Worked all his life in a Volvo factory and collected (pretty) rocks as a hobby. That's like mining, right? :cool:

NAME: Kurt "Moffa" Pantzar
HEAD SIZE: Average (huge!)
JAW SHAPE: Oval (sphere)
HAIR STYLE AND COLOR: Scatman Grey (why no comb over?)

SKILLS:
Shooting: 7
Construction: 8
Mining: 8

INTEREST:
Crafting: 1*

Health Issues: Hearing loss in both ears*
Traits: Careful Shooter, Perfectionist, Industrious.

Equipment:
All dark green (I think his Volvo work clothes were dark green overalls)
Pistol
Is he your maternal or paternal grandfather?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Character sheets ready, in the meantime -

Attachments

MindDetective

MindDetective

What is the list of crash survivors now?

GasBandit

GasBandit

What is the list of crash survivors now?
We have 51 so far -

GasBandit, Charon, Frank, Den, Null, Gruebeard, RavenPoe, Tinwhistler, Gryfter, Eriol, Dave, Thynne, Snuffles, Pez, Squidley, Moffa, DarkAudit, Mikerc, Soupy, Reverent-one, Terrik, SpecialKO, Dei, CynKat, Jwhouk, MindDetective, Zero, Klew, Celt Z, Kirken, Far, Dirona, Sara_2814, Dodge, Hylian, Bert, Kags, Wasabi, GenSpec, NobleHippy, TommiR, Ashburner, Cog, FilmFanatic, Huojian, Cheesy, Zappit, Adam, PatrThom, Bubble and Siska.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

We have 51 so far -

GasBandit, Charon, Frank, Den, Null, Gruebeard, RavenPoe, Tinwhistler, Gryfter, Eriol, Dave, Thynne, Snuffles, Pez, Squidley, Moffa, DarkAudit, Mikerc, Soupy, Reverent-one, Terrik, SpecialKO, Dei, CynKat, Jwhouk, MindDetective, Zero, Klew, Celt Z, Kirken, Far, Dirona, Sara_2814, Dodge, Hylian, Bert, Kags, Wasabi, GenSpec, NobleHippy, TommiR, Ashburner, Cog, FilmFanatic, Huojian, Cheesy, Zappit, Adam, PatrThom, Bubble and Siska.
If the preview video is canon, how many survive that first mass mental break? :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

If the preview video is canon, how many survive that first mass mental break? :p
It's not canon :p

We might not land in that biome, after all.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Go ahead and include my wife from page 2 (now updated).

SKILLS:

Interest points:

TRAITS:
Neurotic
Social butterfly

Equipment:
Labrador Retriever​

GasBandit

GasBandit

Go ahead and include my wife from page 2 (now updated).

Do you want to start married, or strangers?

Also, you don't get bonus points for nudist because it gives a massive morale buff when you're nude, and only a small debuff for being clothed.

Reverent-one

Reverent-one

Do the two of you want to start out married, or strangers?
Married please.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Do you want to start married, or strangers?

Also, you don't get bonus points for nudist because it gives a massive morale buff when you're nude, and only a small debuff for being clothed.
Married

GasBandit

GasBandit

Married please.
Done and done.

And here's Quining7

Attachments

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

so just SLIGHTLY less likely to shoot a minority, because we have fewer.
What?

Oh right. You live out West. [Insert appropriate smiley here]

Emrys

Emrys

NAME (First/Last), Peggy "Emrys" Naughton
HAIR STYLE and COLOR: Long wavy black

Melee:
Animals: 9

TRAITS:
Green thumb
Night owl
Ascetic

EQUIPMENT:
Every character will be given 10 vacu-packed emergency meals,
A synthread (Space-Polyester!) Shirt, Pants, and Jacket in black and silver
Female rat

GasBandit

GasBandit

NAME (First/Last), Peggy "Emrys" Naughton
I was wondering when you were gonna show up :p
Female rat
Oh boy. You realize what you've done? Zero has a male rat. There's gonna be... a lotta little rats :wololo:

Emrys

Emrys

I was wondering when you were gonna show up :p

Oh boy. You realize what you've done? Zero has a male rat. There's gonna be... a lotta little rats :wololo:
If they had been sensible and had "weasel" as a choice, we could have avoided all this nonsense.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh wait, I was mistaken, Zero's rat is female too... whew :p[DOUBLEPOST=1501394610,1501394459][/DOUBLEPOST]Order up!

Attachments

Emrys

Emrys

Still should be a damn weasel. <grumble grumble>

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Isn't a damweasel a beaver?

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

@GasBandit - Is the game still up for today (tonight now)? Looking forward to watching live :zoid:

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit - Is the game still up for today (tonight now)? Looking forward to watching live :zoid:
Sorry, I fell asleep at 5 and didn't wake up until 2 a.m. >_<

But Sunday was supposed to be the last day for sign ups. So my plan was always kind of to start playing on Monday anyway.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Not to be a spoilsport, but ehh...Shouldn't you maybe have put interest points in animal, too? You've got a score of 9 but no interest, so doing anything with animals is draining and obnoxious...
...Wait, do these guys use a litterbox you have to clean? :p

Emrys

Emrys

Not to be a spoilsport, but ehh...Shouldn't you maybe have put interest points in animal, too? You've got a score of 9 but no interest, so doing anything with animals is draining and obnoxious...
...Wait, do these guys use a litterbox you have to clean? :p
I'll figure this game out one day.

@GasBandit, would you pull one interest point from Intellectual and one from Social and give them to Animal? Pretty please and I'll love you forever.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll figure this game out one day.

@GasBandit, would you pull one interest point from Intellectual and one from Social and give them to Animal? Pretty please and I'll love you forever.
Will do :p

Siska

Siska

Do the two of you want to start out married, or strangers?[DOUBLEPOST=1501290569,1501290514][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is he your maternal or paternal grandfather?
maternal

GasBandit

GasBandit

Good, I guessed right ;)

I've made him your maternal grandfather. As a side effect of this, at some point in the game we might randomly stumble across your mother/his daughter as part of another faction... possibly even a pirate faction... possibly during a raid.

Siska

Siska

Good, I guessed right ;)

I've made him your maternal grandfather. As a side effect of this, at some point in the game we might randomly stumble across your mother/his daughter as part of another faction... possibly even a pirate faction... possibly during a raid.
She was a bit of an angry hippie in her younger years. I could totally see that happen.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The stream will begin shortly over at twitch.tv/gasbandit, for anyone who cares to watch live. Be warned, the first hour at least is going to be all logistical crap involving making sure everyone's assigned proper duties and gets fixed up with their gun/knife. Pets will be wandering freely until there is sufficient food coming in to begin their training.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'll have to catch it tomorrow, I'm late leaving work (as usual).
Be a good fellow and rip the episodes to your YouTube channel, ok?
(I've never tried I don't know if you can actually do this)

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll have to catch it tomorrow, I'm late leaving work (as usual).
Be a good fellow and rip the episodes to your YouTube channel, ok?
(I've never tried I don't know if you can actually do this)

--Patrick
I'm not making video versions of it, but the stream says up on my twitch channel for 2 weeks. I'll be making text-and-screenshot reports in a new thread soon (not tonight, not enough to go on yet).

I've started playing, and making notes to make a post. I don't have enough yet though, but anyone who wants to watch the archived stream, it is here. Fear not, if you don't have the time to watch it, in the next few days I'll start a "story" thread (like I did for HFA) where I will make text posts summarizing the events.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Crap . I saw on the video that I didn't have enough handling skill for the fennec fox. Originally I was going to go with a chinchilla which only needs 4 points. I got too excited when I was the fennec. :/

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Order up!
Thank you for the super fun hair! Is the arm injury the reason why I can't haul or mine? All good, I didn't add any skills for my character to do those things but I was curious.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Thank you for the super fun hair! Is the arm injury the reason why I can't haul or mine? All good, I didn't add any skills for my character to do those things but I was curious.
I chose character origin stories based on the skill distribution, and often that would turn a 0 point skill into an "incapable." Your med student origin made you consider such burdensome tasks beneath your station :p

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Also a good explanation :)

Whatever the reason, its true to character. I am in no way capable of hauling anything nor would I be any good at mining.

Adam

Adam

I have to say, at 11:30PM while rocking a fussy baby, GasBandit's voice has this oddly soothing quality.

Eriol

Eriol

I have to say, at 11:30PM while rocking a fussy baby, GasBandit's voice has this oddly soothing quality.
Just how long did the stream go for, and/or what time did it finish at? Please include timezone.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just how long did the stream go for, and/or what time did it finish at? Please include timezone.
It went for 3 hours and 45 minutes, and ended at 12:15 am central. But, as I said, is still available for viewing on my twitch channel and will remain so for 2 weeks. The archived footage also replays the chatlog in real time so you can also see the viewers harassing me :p

Dei

Dei

It went for 3 hours and 45 minutes, and ended at 12:15 am central. But, as I said, is still available for viewing on my twitch channel and will remain so for 2 weeks. The archived footage also replays the chatlog in real time so you can also see the Dei harassing me :p
Ftfy

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, I wasn't gonna name names, but if you wanna cop to it

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

When I saw that my spleplapede's name was Megumi :cool:

GasBandit

GasBandit

When I saw that my spleplapede's name was Megumi :cool:

Now if only the little shit would accept basic obedience training so I could freakin assign him to you already >_<[DOUBLEPOST=1501607432,1501607275][/DOUBLEPOST]Also notable: @Sara_2814 's Iguana named Dynamite.

Dei

Dei

I also enjoy how Emrys's rat is named Blood.

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

Considering she's like this:

And spleplapedes dont really like humans...
It may never happen XD

GasBandit

GasBandit

Considering she's like this:

And spleplapedes dont really like humans...
It may never happen XD
I think mostly the difficulty has been that @Zero Esc has often been the one to try to tame him since his animal tending skill is 9, but he's deep in the throes of go-juice withdrawal and thus can't actually keep up with it as it moves around, and thus wastes the entire day failing to train it. I've taken Zero off animal duty until he gets his shit together :mad:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Sheesh guys, spoilers! :p

Dei

Dei

I think mostly the difficulty has been that @Zero Esc has often been the one to try to tame him since his animal tending skill is 9, but he's deep in the throes of go-juice withdrawal and thus can't actually keep up with it as it moves around, and thus wastes the entire day failing to train it. I've taken Zero off animal duty until he gets his shit together :mad:
I mean, you could also solve the problem by putting the bug in its own smaller restricted area.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I mean, you could also solve the problem by putting the bug in its own smaller restricted area.
There's so much to keep track of, I'm sure I would forget it and it would starve.

And besides, then Zero would just go on to go slowly trudge after some other animal, preventing IT from being trained by anybody.

Dei

Dei

There's so much to keep track of, I'm sure I would forget it and it would starve.

And besides, then Zero would just go on to go slowly trudge after some other animal, preventing IT from being trained by anybody.
So lock it in the kitchen. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Doesn't help the second part.

Dei

Dei

That reminds me of the other thing that is driving me nuts. That you don't have priorities set manually. I know there's 40+ people, but GD son. (I get it, it just drives me nuts)

GasBandit

GasBandit

That reminds me of the other thing that is driving me nuts. That you don't have priorities set manually. I know there's 40+ people, but GD son. (I get it, it just drives me nuts)
My stomach really hurts that I don't have the time and attention to devote to things like that, and even moreso that the division of labor means things like... I don't have one guy who's super excellent at construction that I can use to take the time to make sure everybody has at least a superior quality bed. NOPE too many people, too many beds, not enough skillz. Some of you are just gonna have to put up with crappy beds. 54 colonists means only the squeakiest wheels get the grease. And right now I got this power shortage and heat wave shit to deal with.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I like that my muffalo just decided to sleep in the bunk with everyone else.

He thinks he's people!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Doesn't help the second part.
You could assign both the animal and the trainer to an overlapping area where no other animals go.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You could assign both the animal and the trainer to an overlapping area where no other animals go.
Just easier to remove one check mark from a list :p

Really, the major issue was how long it took me to notice that it was a problem at all, with 54 people running around.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I like that my muffalo just decided to sleep in the bunk with everyone else.

He thinks he's people!
Just so long as he doesn't try snu snuing his way through the tribe.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'd also like to point out, because others have made the mistake, that this playthrough is not of a "tribe" :p that was last time. This time, everyone is marooned spacers, so it is a colony, not a tribe.

The game makes a distinction between the two (mostly in how long it takes to do research, but some social mods also make characters of different origins commit faux pas based on tribal/midworld/urbworld/hiveworld/iceworld/glassworld/spacer/glitterworld culture clashes).

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Legit getting the twitch app so I can watch while at work. NO SHAME!

Far

Far

I haven't insulted anyone else with my stutter than lay them out for 2 days again have I?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

It would be nice to get a melee weapon eventually! :p

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'd also like to point out, because others have made the mistake, that this playthrough is not of a "tribe" :p that was last time. This time, everyone is marooned spacers, so it is a colony, not a tribe.
That's not a tribe. THIS is a tribe...

Dei

Dei

You have to snap someone's neck and steal their club like someone already has.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You got Wasabi's fennec as a consolation prize :p but yeah, you're on the list. There's a lot of people who need weapons, and I'm thinking an imminent pirate raid will help with that... one way or the other.[DOUBLEPOST=1501613586,1501613506][/DOUBLEPOST]
That really surprised me when that happened. :confused:

I mean, I expected someone with a knife to come finish off the pirate quick and quiet like, but... daaamn.

Dei

Dei

We also start our colonies really differently. I always start with a slowly expanding wall to keep predators and mad animals out. Watching predators wander into your camp makes me nervous.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We also start our colonies really differently. I always start with a slowly expanding wall to keep predators and mad animals out. Watching predators wander into your camp makes me nervous.
A wall is usually on my to-do list as well, but I like to get the bedrooms done first. Of course, that's proving difficult this go-round.[DOUBLEPOST=1501614389,1501614207][/DOUBLEPOST]
Legit getting the twitch app so I can watch while at work. NO SHAME!
Hah, well, don't get caught and lose your promotion over me :p

Also the first half hour is basically me checking boxes on forms and doing inventory, so feel free to skip a bit.

Reminder to all - you don't actually have to watch the stream unless you want to, I *will* be making a proper update once I deem myself to have enough content to do so (probably in the next day or two).

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I was asleep when this happened, I think, since it happened in the daytime.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

A wall is usually on my to-do list as well, but I like to get the bedrooms done first. Of course, that's proving difficult this go-round.[DOUBLEPOST=1501614389,1501614207][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hah, well, don't get caught and lose your promotion over me :p

Also the first half hour is basically me checking boxes on forms and doing inventory, so feel free to skip a bit.

Reminder to all - you don't actually have to watch the stream unless you want to, I *will* be making a proper update once I deem myself to have enough content to do so (probably in the next day or two).
LET ME LIVE!

Haha, they're super chill - it's really fine, I promise. I won't get into trouble.

I'd rather have your voice in my earholes so I'm going to keep watching/listening to the stream! :heart:

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

My stomach really hurts that I don't have the time and attention to devote to things like that, and even moreso that the division of labor means things like... I don't have one guy who's super excellent at construction that I can use to take the time to make sure everybody has at least a superior quality bed. NOPE too many people, too many beds, not enough skillz. Some of you are just gonna have to put up with crappy beds. 54 colonists means only the squeakiest wheels get the grease. And right now I got this power shortage and heat wave shit to deal with.
I have 6 in construction and 8 in crafting :3 but I'm guessing my asthma acts up too much to get a lot of stuff done quickly. But hey, at least I like to work with my haaaands

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'd rather have your voice in my earholes

I have 6 in construction and 8 in crafting :3 but I'm guessing my asthma acts up too much to get a lot of stuff done quickly.
well, you don't really get to make reliably good constructions until you're over 10, preferably 12 or 13.

But hey, at least I like to work with my haaaands
Awww yeah girl, you build that bed.. Build it reeeeal good.

:hump:

CynicalKat

CynicalKat

well, you don't really get to make reliably good constructions until you're over 10, preferably 12 or 13.

Awww yeah girl, you build that bed.. Build it reeeeal good.

:hump:
I mean, if I can't build it at least I can break it in

GasBandit

GasBandit

I mean, if I can't build it at least I can break it in
Such an exhibitionist! :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've started working on the story thread. It will be here:

https://www.halforums.com/threads/halforums-house-rimworld-the-story-thread.32436/

Right now, just a basic introduction to set the scene and the tone, but I'll start filling in events as I can.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Can we get a list of the names of all the pets?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dodge's cat is Masahiro.
Far's Husky is Dolly.
JWhouk's Husky, Putt-Putt, ended up forming a bond with Frank. I'll get JWhouk one of the puppies.
BErt's Husky is named Bront. He's a good dog, Bront.
GenSpec has a Labrador named Uma.
Quining7 has one named Nora.
MindDetective's monkey is named Savanna.
Hylian's arctic fox is Romeo.
NobleHippy's fennec fox is Ichabod.
Wasabi's fennec fox, "Bits," was beyond her ability to master, and ended up bonding to SpecialKO.
Kags is master of a red fox named Count.
Klew's arctic wolf is named Killer.
Krisken's timberwolf is named Elmer. I guess he hunts wabbits.
Zero's rat is named Nanami.
Emry's rat is named Blood.
Sara's iguana is named Dynamite.
Dirona has a lynx named Paddy.
CynKat's spelopede, as mentioned earlier, is named Megumi.
Dei's muffalo is named Juliette.
Celt Z's muffalo is named Silence.

As the animals have babies, other capable colonists will start to get pets to train.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Thanks! (Also, *I get that reference)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ok, I went ahead and posted what info I had. Further discussion should take place in the story thread.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

@SpecialKO be good to Bits. Give him lots of pets and snuggles. Make sure you feed him some nice juicy insects, meat, and some veggies. Tell him...tell him I'm sorry. :cry:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

@SpecialKO be good to Bits. Give him lots of pets and snuggles. Make sure you feed him some nice juicy insects, meat, and some veggies. Tell him...tell him I'm sorry. :cry:
:cry:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

You got Wasabi's fennec as a consolation prize :p .
Since I didn't get an animal companion - can I throw 2 more skill points in Medicine or is it too late for that?

Far

Far

Since I didn't get an animal companion - can I throw 2 more skill points in Medicine or is it too late for that?
It would be to late to do that but don't worry about your companion, things were adjusted.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't want to spoil anything for those who didn't watch the stream, but you ended up with a gun, and you will end up with a puppy as soon as they're born in a few more days.

Full story tomorrow afternoon most likely :p

BErt

Omg, I just saw my doge's name. Love. 10/10 great doggo

Siska

Siska

Ahem
La la la..

♫ WEEELLLLLLLLLL♫

Efficient Light
and Cheaper Components

There's Stack Manager
and Rimfridge too

Yoink!

Dei

Dei

I use a lot of mods. Here's a generated list. I have a lot more social mods than Gas, and also some kind of cheaty ones, that I have for random things that annoy me.
RimWorld modlist

Author: AnnaDei
Mod count: 45

HugsLib by UnlimitedHugs
Important: This mod should be loaded right after Core to work properly.
HugsLib is a library that provides shared functionality to other mods.
Version: 3.1.2

Haul to Stack by ItsComcastic
Version 0.17
Instead of hauling to random tiles your pawn should always haul to a stack if it has room on it
Features
Haulers will check for an existing stack to add it's item to. Haulers no longer reserve the haul-to tile meaning multiple pawns can haul to the same tile at once.
Issues
You may still see your pawns haul to different stacks, this will happen if there are no stacks, or full stacks in the stockpile and two or more pawns try to haul new items at once or if an animal is hauling. Example: If you get a pod drop with new loot and two pawns pickup some before any is placed, they might pick different spots in the stockpile to haul to. I'm working on a system where they can share with eachother which tile they plan on placing new loot on which should fix that issue and prevent the need for Stack Merger by Fluffy
Conflicts
It looks like there might be a conflict with a wall light mod if your stash runs against the wall light. If you have wall lights against your stash take that tile out of your stockpile zone to prevent pawns from going into a loop of trying to haul over and over. This issue isn't fixable by changing mod order unfortunately, I'll have to work with the mod creater on a solution.
This overwrites the builtin JobDriver_HaulToCell. If any other mods overwrite the JobDriver for hauling this mod will throw tile reservation errors. This mod should be compatible with most other mods but let me know if you have any problems.
* IMPORTANT *
If you want to remove or turn off this mod you need to first make sure no one is performing or going to do a hauling job.
You can force this by pausing, drafting any pawns where their state says they're 'Hauling", save.. turn off the mod, then load that save and undraft the pawns. If you don't do this the pawn and what they were holding will 'disappear' and the game will throw errors. If you reload your 'broken' save with the mod they should reappear.
Recommendations
Install Stack Merger by Fluffy in addition to this mod. On rare occasions pawns could haul items that don't have an existing stock pile to different tiles because both pawns look for a location to place the item at the same time and if nothing exists they may pick different tiles for placing. Fluffy's mod will handle those cases.
Thanks to @Trips for the Haul to Stack preview picture.
Github
https://github.com/jkluch/HaulToStack

RimFridge - A17 by Kiame Vivacity
Adds refrigerated racks to keep food and other perishables cold. Ideal for use in dining rooms, freeing up labour from feeding prisoners, or keeping food on hand for cooks.
Comes in 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 versions.
Thanks to everyone who's helped translate this mod!
Dragomano - Russian
53N4 - Spanish
duduluu - Chinese
phmalu - Portuguese
Breakyt - French
Ɲơɴɑɱɛ - German
Thanks to everyone who's added/edited code!
towhead - Made the fridges hide the uglyness of food
Original Author: Vendan

EdB Prepare Carefully by EdB
Customize your colonists, choose your gear and prepare carefully for your crash landing!
If you get a set of starting colonists that you like, save them as a preset so that you can start your game the same way next time.
[Version 0.17.1.6]

Rumours And Deception by SeveralPuffins
Have you ever wondered why your colonists don't talk about each other? Did no-one wonder about sending that shifty cannibal Alex to bury the dead? How come Ray likes the abrasive psycho that beat up her friend, just because she's never been insulted directly? And why is no-one ever apologetic about anything they've done?
If you want more social complexity, or just plain gossip and intrigue in your stories, then look no further! Rumours and Deception adds several new colonist social interactions, traits and thoughts that largely focus on people talking about people.
New interactions:
- Chat about other colonists: Alice likes Bob. Bob hates Carol. Bob can now tell Alice this!
- Spread rumour: Colonists will tell nasty, unsubstantiated tales to each other, particularly about colonists that neither of them like.
- Share secret: A colonist can trust another enough to reveal something deep and personal, bringing them closer together.
- Reveal secret: There's no guarantee that all trust is well placed! Colonists that have been told a secret can go and gossip about it to their friends!
- Apologise: Colonists can try to make up with others that they've insulted or hurt.
- Make peace: Colonists may try and apologise on behalf of a third party.
- Culture clash: Not all insults are intended! One may insult another due to having a poor understanding of their background culture (for example, Tribal vs GlitterWorld culture clashes).
New traits:
- Compulsive liar: This colonist just can't help it- every conversation is an opportunity to make up some new, snide story about one of the others.
- Gushing: This colonist just cannot judge who to trust with their darkest secrets, exposing themselves to potential embarrassment.
- Gossip: This colonist talks about other people all the time. This extends to secrets, with which they can't be trusted.
- Manipulative: This colonist will use any social trick they know to make other people see things THEIR way. They are great negotiators, but can be divisive and isolating within a colony.
- Trustworthy: This colonist keeps secrets. They rarely spread rumours, and if they do they feel terrible about it.
- Peacemaker: This colonist can't stand to see their friends fighting. They will try to resolve other people's differences, and will get a mood boost if successful.
New events:
- Defection: A socially isolated colonist will suffer mood penalties and very regular mental breaks. If they remain friendless, they may, occasionally, walk off the map and join an ally (currently suspended while HugsLib updates).
- Splinter: In the unlikely event that a clique of friends forms within the colony that is largely hostile to the rest, they may choose to leave together and form a new map faction. They will take some of your colony's belongings with them as they go (currently suspended while HugsLib updates. Will be replaced with leaving caravan).
- Brawl: Even if cliques don't leave, they may still start fights!
Updates:
28/05/17: Updated to A17. Introduced a toggle for brawls for those who don't want them, but by denying this violent outlet for your colonists, they will take a big mood hit for their divided colony!

Preset Filtered Zones by cuproPanda
Adds six new stockpile zones which are already filtered for storing Meals, Meat, Vegetables, Medicine, Joy, or Animals. Freezer creation is a breeze!

Organized Research Tab by Lazevedo
Organized research projects in the Research Tab.

Hospitality by Orion
Allows you to recruit visitors. At a price, of course.
You can also improve your relationship with visiting factions and sell items to visiting guests. Guests will buy and use things inside of their allowed area.
Errors and bugs: If you get errors, most likely Hospitality is clashing with another mod you're using.
So to help me fix bugs, please describe clearly what happened. Also please upload the output_log.txt file from Rimworld's data folder or enable the developer console and upload a screenshot of the first error you're getting. If you think it might be conflicting with another mod, please list the mods you're using in the order they get loaded.
Hospitality requires the HugsLib mod to be loaded first.

Xeva's Rimhair (A15, A16, A17) by Orion
Adds more hair styles.
Also works for A15 and A16.

Simple sidearms by PeteTimesSix
With the invention of pockets comes the idea of bringing EVEN MORE WEAPONS. Because your snipers are getting really tired of getting shanked.
See forum thread for details.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0
HugsLib for A17 required. Get it here:
https://github.com/UnlimitedHugs/RimworldHugsLib/releases

Heat Map by Falconne
Adds an overlay toggle button to show a temperature based colour gradient over indoor areas: green for the human comfort zone, getting bluer and redder for colder and hotter rooms respectively.

More Furniture (A17) by Anonemous2
Adds furniture, styled for rimworld. New items can be found in Furniture+ tab when building. (Alpha 17 Release)
Adds;
New tables
Counters
End tables
Dressers
Plant pots
Chairs
And more

Refugee Stats - A17 by Kiame Vivacity
A mod to add a bit more detail to the refugee screen.
Original Author: Shirkie01

ResearchPal by notfood
Making researching a breeze!
Credits:
A17 Update by NotFood
A16 Update by Skyarkhangel
Original mod by Fluffy

Quarry by cuproPanda
Adds a quarry for mining in flat terrain.

Visible Pants by XeoNovaDan
A mod that allows you to see everybody's trousers - for that complete feel. Taken from Vindar's Medieval Times mod with permission.

Better Workbench Management by Falconne
Improves the 'Do until you have X' job target by letting you set quality, hitpoint and material limits for counted items, as well as ignore corpse worn apparel.
Copy and paste bills within and between workshops, optionally linking multiple bills to mirror changes between all bills in the chain.
Restrict bills to a particular pawn, fine tune the "unpause at" level with buttons and rename bills, as the Enhanced Crafting mod does (these two mods are not compatible).
Convenience feature to automatically open Bills tab when a workbench is selected.

Harvest Everything! by Ykara
Lets you harvest every body part you can think about!

RuntimeGC by user19990313
RuntimeGC In-Game Cleaner

How could you salvage your over-sized savegame?
How could you make your game running smoothly as it used to be?
Well,you're lucky because you're using this mod!
You can:
-Remove unnecessary World Pawns to alleviate burden of GameSystem
-Clear AvoidGrids to reduce the size of your savegame
-Remove useless members(dead or of other factions) in an animal family
-Remove filth in HomeArea
-(New)Remove corpses in current map
-Fix some faction relationships error(Those caused by mod conflicts are not included!)
-Re-generate faction leaders to fix some CommTable issues.
-Reclaim Memory used by GameSystem to boost up game performance
Usage:
1.Activate this mod(after Core mod)
2.Load your savegame
3.Find a tab called "RuntimeGC" at the bottom of your screen
4.Click,and do some cleaning with the GUI
Enjoy!
PS. The longer you played(year-in-game),the more effective this cleaning will be.
PS2. Sometimes errors occur like "Tried to remove xxx from RimWorld.WorldPawns,but it's not here."They're unavoidable as I should thouroughly de-register every pawn(to avoid further bugs).But,they're harmless,so just ignore them.
PS3. Post any errors or bugs on my forum page.Your effort contributes to a better mod.Thanks!
PS4. (Too expensive to buy)

Portal Turrets by LazyCocoa
Changes automated turrets to the turrets from portal!

Colony Manager by Fluffy
Colony Manager allows you to make colonists do the more tedious parts of managing a colony, making sure you’re never out of vital resources again*.
Important
Requires a new save game.

Adds a worktype, which is stored in the world, which means you need to start a new game after adding/removing this mod.
BETA VERSION
This is the first release on A17, and there were a lot of changes. For now, the Production and Import & Export tabs have been disabled. The production tab will likely be permanently removed, and migrated to be it’s own mod. Import & Export has been buggy for a while, and needs to be rebuild.
Features
Production Jobs
== removed ==
Hunting jobs
Set a target for meat, and never worry about designating hunting manually again!
Set an area to clear of all predators - keep your home area safe!
Forestry jobs
Set a target for wood, and never worry about designating lumber manually again!
Automatically clear wind turbine catchment areas to ensure they’re working at maximum efficiency.
Set an area to clear of all vegetation - make sure there’s no possible cover or retreat for any hostiles that dare attack you.
Livestock jobs
Set a target for animals (for four separate age/sex combinations), and pawns will auto-butcher and/or tame to manage your herd.
Restrict animals to specific areas (for example to separate male/female animals and prevent breeding).
Auto-butcher, tame and train according to your specifications.
Overview
Clear overview of all jobs
Show stock and designated levels for the last day, month and year
Show pawns capable of a job, and set work status
Prioritize jobs, the manager will handle prioritizing jobs on worktables (however standard priority ordering across worktables still applies).
Import & Export
== disabled ==
How does it work?
You can manually set bills in the new Manager tab on the bottom of the screen. Once set, a colonist with the manager skill and worktype enabled will go to a manager station to figure out the best way to hand out jobs to individual workstations
Periodically, the manager will check if the assigned bills are still up-to-date, and make changes or delete bills where required. The manager will not touch bills that are set manually, nor will managers create jobs. You’re still the overlord.
In theory there is no real limit to the number of global bills that can be set.
Notes
Requires a new save. Adds a worktype, which in my tests gave errors on old savegames.
Should work perfectly fine with other mods that add bills, assuming they do nothing too fancy/weird. (I’ve tested with various modpacks - screenshots were taken with the ModVarietyPack.)
Contributors
KapTaiN KaVerN: Minifiable research benches
Moumix3: Research tweaks
duduluu: Chinese translation
Kirill:
MossieuLeBlanc: French translation
Lauri7x3: German translation
Well-sp: Russian translation (update)
Version
This is version v0.17.1.10

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0 by Ykara
Adds the ability to craft tons of prostheses and artificial organs in various forms and shapes. Version 2.0

Medical Tab by Fluffy
Adds a comprehensive medical overview tab, showing your colonists’ health at a glance.
Important
Does not require a new save game
Can safely be enabled/disabled in ongoing saves.
Note
The medical tab was rebuild from the ground up for A17. That means many improvements, but possibly also some new bugs. Please let me know if you found any bugs, weird behaviours, or have a suggestion.
Features
Shows vital medical statistics for Colonists, Animals, Prisoners, Visitors and Hostiles*.
Medical care designation, including mass and default assignments
Overview of bleeding rates, pain and infection/disease/immunity progress
See efficiency on all capabilities
Schedule new operations and see planned operations
Sort by everything
*: The hostile tab will by default only show downed hostiles, as I consider showing all hostiles cheating. There’s a toggle in the mod options to show all hostiles instead.