[Question] Halforums House: RimWorld Poll

What kind of story experience should this be? And what biome should we land in?

• Long with a "light at the end of the tunnel"

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Nasty, Brutal, and Short. (TM)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Temperate Forest - Pros: Lots of Farmland, Cons: Fires get out of control, no veg growth in winter

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Tropical Forest - Pros - Lots of wood and plant growth, Cons: Rampant disease epidemics, heatstroke

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Arid Shrubland - Pros: Year round growth, Cons: not as much arable land or wood

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Desert - Pros: Year round growth, no fire spread, Cons: food scarcity, heatstroke

• Boreal Forest - Pros: No heatstroke, lots of trees, Cons: short growing season

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Tundra - Are you crazy? We'll starve to death, assuming we don't freeze first

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, for the next 7 hours, you guys can vote for where we land and what kind of experience we'll have. I reserve the right to disregard results :p

You can vote for as many things as you want, though voting for both "long" and "short" games is obviously counterproductive. But the reason I'm doing the voting this way is so that you can vote for multiple biomes.

GasBandit

Staff member
Is there a way to do it randomly?
There is a button to choose a random place on the map, yes. The problem is it will sometimes choose a spot that is entirely uninhabitable, like Tundra or Extreme Desert (the latter of which I even left off the poll)

"So just hit the button again"

Ok but what becomes my threshold then for pushing that button? That I think the colony will die within a month? Within a year? That I just don't like it?

If the poll continues on as it has so far, with every single person voting for a longer, gentler game instead of a nasty, brutal, short game, I'll be picking a landing site manually. And I will NOT be choosing Randy as the narrator.

For my part, it seems a shame to put all this effort into something that ends up short.

We can do the Battle Royale version next.

See, this is kinda my problem: time's gonna be an issue for me for the foreseeable future due to work sucking the life out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.