Gone, But Not Forgotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever happened to that Krutz guy? I know he changed him name to Tastemaker or something like it, but I don't think he has even posted under that name since the original forum changeover.

GasBandit

Staff member
It was bad enough when people started juggling avatars like crazy, but now that even full blown NAMES are in flux I can never tell who's who any more so I just treat you all as one great big interchangable legion of assneckery.

Dave

Staff member
I miss that Dave guy. He used to be such a fun-loving old coot. Then Minecraft & Cataclysm came out & he disappeared.

M

makare

I miss that Dave guy. He used to be such a fun-loving old coot. Then Minecraft & Cataclysm came out & he disappeared.
Is that what happened? I heard he and his missus got into bdsm and now she keeps him in the gimp closet.

Actually he tried doing jumping jacks topless and gave himself a concussion in what the authorities described as a "horrific yet strangely amusing hootie incident". He's been in a coma ever since.

M

makare

This thread is really interesting because it seems that people only identify forum members by their names and not at all by their personalities or what they say.

Verrrrrry interesting.

figmentPez

Staff member
This thread is really interesting because it seems that people only identify forum members by their names and not at all by their personalities or what they say.

Verrrrrry interesting.
Or we care so much about personalities and what people say that we rarely look at usernames, and thus don't notice changes and absences very well.

M

makare

Verrrrrry interesting.
Or we care so much about personalities and what people say that we rarely look at usernames, and thus don't notice changes and absences very well.[/QUOTE]

My point was that half the people listed have been here under other names. Do people just like the name and not the person or what? I don't get it.

I miss the asshole, the verbose guy, the lesbian who was frightened by the amount of attention she garnered, the lady who was broken by the forum after she became a mod, and many others.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I miss a lot of the people mentioned.

I hope ZenMonkey, the lovable crazy cat lady, will once again grace us with her presence and kitty stories.

I hope Ame will be around more once things settle for her.

Damn, I miss SeraRelm, HowDroll, Jake, Chippy, and a bunch of other people who simply just disappeared.

I don't miss Invader, though. The guy was like a... well, maybe I shouldn't. It would insult all the hemorrhoids in the world.

Verrrrrry interesting.
Or we care so much about personalities and what people say that we rarely look at usernames, and thus don't notice changes and absences very well.[/QUOTE]

My point was that half the people listed have been here under other names. Do people just like the name and not the person or what? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

I assume everyone else has superpowers (because I don't like to think of myself as below average) but I cannot tell one person apart from another based solely on their conversational style, unless it's very, very strong. Furthermore, unless I make a special effort to do so, or something really striking embeds the memory in me, I do not remember from one day to the next personal details others reveal about themselves.

I associate people with their name, and loosely with their avatar. If you change your avatar, I'll look at the name and over time I'll make the connection with the new avatar. If you change your name, I will recognize that I recognize you via avatar, but I may or may not connect you with your old self. Change both and I make no connection at all.

So enjoy your super powers, superpower girl.

:'(

Dave

Staff member
ZenMonkey has been doing wonderfully on her own.

Truthfully, the only one I worried about was RollingSamus. She was having a rough time of it.We were able to help her out a bit but I wish it had been more.

E

Element 117

Crone and SeraRealm.

Oh, and @ZenMonkey has switch mediums.
Crone still posts weekly.[/QUOTE]

But she has settled down a bit from her Crone days... now she's much cooler.[/QUOTE]

Hey pal, up your ass with a woodchipper you sad sack of six packs of shit! Eat a horse cock you crab-colony labia lipped circle jerk tissue bound splatterstain! Screw you with a tail pipe of a 1976 Aston Lagonda, right up your brick shittin rear mouth! How do you like them crap apples you cumnugget?

E

Element 117

It takes a lot more blow than it used to to get me worked up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.