Export thread

Glee

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Anyone else watching? This is honestly the funnest hour of my week, every week.

Steven Soderburgin

I need to watch last week's episode FUCK

Rob King

Rob King

I'm loving this show. I was referring to it as a 'guilty pleasure' up until about episode four. I'm realizing more and more that there's nothing to feel guilty about.

I feel like I know where things are going to go, plot-wise. I mean, a lot of stuff is very obvious. But this show is about the ride.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm digging this show. I would like for something good to happen in Shoe's personal life though, because fuck, man.

Shannow

Shannow

I actually hate this how. It jsut comes off wrong to me, and ends up not being funny. I really cannot put my finger on it.

Steven Soderburgin

I actually hate this how. It jsut comes off wrong to me, and ends up not being funny. I really cannot put my finger on it.
Well there could be several reasons:
Have you had your heart replaced with a robot heart?
Did you, at any point in your life, sell your soul for any reason?
Do you not have human blood pumping through your veins?

No but seriously, it has a very specific and different feel that's not going to appeal to everyone. I'm shocked that it is as popular as it is. When CDS and I first watched the pilot when they aired it back in May, we both loved it, and we both agreed that the show wouldn't last four episodes. I'm glad we were wrong!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've heard it's hilarious. I love that blond actress, too. I'd like to watch it, but I'd rather not get into a new TV show right now.

I'll probably do what I always do and catch up in about 2-5 years. :D

Shannow

Shannow

Well there could be several reasons:
Have you had your heart replaced with a robot heart?
Did you, at any point in your life, sell your soul for any reason?
Do you not have human blood pumping through your veins?

No but seriously, it has a very specific and different feel that's not going to appeal to everyone. I'm shocked that it is as popular as it is. When CDS and I first watched the pilot when they aired it back in May, we both loved it, and we both agreed that the show wouldn't last four episodes. I'm glad we were wrong![/QUOTE]

Thing is, I would usually liek this kind of shit. but this time..just no. i think it was the football/dancing episode that really did it though.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I originally HATED, HATED, HATED this show.

Now, I watch it every week.

Go figure.

Jake

Jake

Thing is, I would usually liek this kind of shit. but this time..just no. i think it was the football/dancing episode that really did it though.
I thought that was one of the funniest scenes. I think you're probably watching the show from the wrong angle. I was thinking last night that if somebody was watching the show without the right mindset, they would be thinking "what the holy fuckballs is this shit?".

It's a fairly dark and ridiculous comedy. It ain't Friends.

Shannow

Shannow

I know what it was. And it was still unfunny shit to me. Oh well.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I don't like the musical segments at all and I'm not saying this as someone who hates musicals, I quite enjoy a musical every now and then, I just don't like them in Glee.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Well, this week's episode was great. The slushie-cam used over and over through the episode was great, and yet more awkwardness from Schuester and (oh God I forgot the guidance counselor's name). Also this episode reminded me how much I want them to move past Schuester's wife and her crazy onto the more interesting school-related relationships.

Alex B.

It's funny, I enjoy the music scenes, but I find much of the rest of the show boring. Jane Lynch saves it for me.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've been meaning to check it out, but I haven't had time to queue it up. I'll see if I can watch one tonight.

Jake

Jake

I love the music, dialogue, timing, everything. Something about it just hits me right. I'm busting a gut every other line.

Chummer

Great show. I plan to pick up the DVD releases and soundtracks.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

If is that good, it is going to be cancelled, everything that is good does. :(

Bowielee

Bowielee

I can totally see this show going the way of Arrested Development, The Critic, etc....

Zappit

Zappit

Love this show - too bad if the ratings dip even a little, it'll get canceled because it probably costs quite a pretty penny to use all those songs. But, the iTunes files are selling like crazy, so maybe they've found a way to make it work. Hopefully.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Good news everyone!

After reading this thread, I was inspired to start watching the show last night. I'm two episodes in and I am already really enjoying it. Jane Lynch is fantastic and the gay kid (Kurt?) always makes me crack up.

Biardo

I would like to thank Charles for pointing me to this awsome show

thank you Bra

Rob King

Rob King

Episodes of glee sometimes take upwards of 10 days to shoot. Apparently, every episode thus far has costed at least $3 million.

Fox has invested in this show, but I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely that it'll be canned at the first hint of trouble.

And as great as I find it, I can't help but watch every episode, wondering what other fantastic ideas Fox nixed in order to fund this one. Every new episode could have been several episodes of Firefly.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Every new episode could have been several episodes of Firefly.
except Glee's worst episode probably got 5x the ratings of Firefly

Frank

Frankie Williamson

except Glee's worst episode probably got 5x the ratings of Firefly[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, Glee wasn't shuffled around time slots, played out of order and with very little advertising like Firefly (and pretty much every show during that time period) was.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Sure, Firefly got a raw deal but I don't think anybody who is enjoying Glee can really complain that it's gotten a better reception.

I'm up through episode 5 now, and still loving it.
I was really glad to see April Rhodes leave and Rachael come back to the glee club, even though I could guess it was going to happen halfway through the episode. I also really enjoyed the moment between Kurt and his dad at the end of episode for when he comes out. I definitely didn't think his dad was going to be so cool about him being gay.

Bowielee

Bowielee

except Glee's worst episode probably got 5x the ratings of Firefly[/quote]

Well, to be fair, Glee wasn't shuffled around time slots, played out of order and with very little advertising like Firefly (and pretty much every show during that time period) was.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's trying to imply that Glee is better than Firefly, just stating a fact.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Well, Glee is better than Firefly, but that's besides the point.

I'm just saying that Fox has more invested in Glee promotion-wise, and it's also got broader appeal and is making them more money.

Steven Soderburgin

I was really glad to see April Rhodes leave and Rachael come back to the glee club, even though I could guess it was going to happen halfway through the episode
Kristin Chenoweth is so great. I think she's going to return, as well, which would own.
I also really enjoyed the moment between Kurt and his dad at the end of episode for when he comes out. I definitely didn't think his dad was going to be so cool about him being gay.
He was just impressed because his son showed a lot of guts.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Hey everyone, Glee is on!

If you forgot, that's okay, it'll be on Hulu :)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

This is so good, and is sooo gonna be canceled

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Fox is ridiculously behind this show, and it's doing pretty good in the ratings so uh. I think it's okay!

I'm also pretty sure it got a full-season pickup already.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Fox is ridiculously behind this show, and it's doing pretty good in the ratings so uh. I think it's okay!

I'm also pretty sure it got a full-season pickup already.[/QUOTE]

You obviously don't understand.

I LIKE THIS SHOW.

It is the main sign of doom.

well, I actually only saw the second episode, there is always a chance that I will drop out and the show is saved. :(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm also pretty sure it got a full-season pickup already.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. Glee and House are all I really look forward to on weekday tv nowadays.

TotalFusionOne

Last nights Glee was the best episode yet.

The scene with
Susan and her big sister
was the biggest tear jerking moment of all television that I can remember watching.

Espy

Espy

Just remember, when Fox puts a show on FRIDAY it's screwed.

TotalFusionOne

But it's on Wednesday :\

Espy

Espy

Yes, I'm saying it's safe.

for now.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Last nights Glee was the best episode yet.

The scene with
Susan and her big sister
was the biggest tear jerking moment of all television that I can remember watching.
That scene totally got to me
I'm glad their making her a 3 dimensional character and not just a cookie cutter "bad guy"

strawman

strawman

I really enjoy watching glee.

SPOILERS AHOY. I'm not tagging them because it's a thread about glee! Hello!

As far as I can tell, it's a prime time soap opera.
- No! You're the father! (but not really!)
- I'm going to fake the pregnancy to keep my marraige together!
- I got pregnant when you ejaculated in a hot tub, and both of us had swimsuits on!
- Wait! That means you're my sister! Which makes my wife my niece! (not yet, but it's obviously the next step...)

That plus the "I'm going to use this person to meet my goal, consequences be darned!" in every episode.

Also very, very snarky and cynical. Every character has a bad side. Every character has a heart of gold. Well, except Mrs. Schuster, so far, who the writers are as yet casting as an utter idiot and evil plotter. I'm sure we'll see her "disabled sister" soon enough and then everyone will be both good and bad, and the transformation into a primetime musical soap opera will be complete!

Bowielee

Bowielee

You must have not seen this week's episode, they DID show her sister. They also gave her a bit of good side in the episode where she goes out with the anchorman.

strawman

strawman

You must have not seen this week's episode, they DID show her sister. They also gave her a bit of good side in the episode where she goes out with the anchorman.
I probably wasn't clear - I did see this week's episode. I'm talking about the glee club teacher's wife - we haven't seen her "heart of gold" or "disabled sister" (ie, the thing that makes us think she might actually be more than simply a bad person for the other characters to react with).

I haven't caught up with the past episodes though, so I'm interested to see the cheerleading coach fleshed out, obviously this week was a big reveal, especially the, "You want me to treat her differently? She just wants to be treated like everyone else!"

Bowielee

Bowielee

I probably wasn't clear - I did see this week's episode. I'm talking about the glee club teacher's wife - we haven't seen her "heart of gold" or "disabled sister" (ie, the thing that makes us think she might actually be more than simply a bad person for the other characters to react with).

I haven't caught up with the past episodes though, so I'm interested to see the cheerleading coach fleshed out, obviously this week was a big reveal, especially the, "You want me to treat her differently? She just wants to be treated like everyone else!"[/QUOTE]

That was my bad, I misread. I thought you meant the cheer coach. They have shown Mrs Schuster wrestling with whether or not what she's doing is right or wrong. She has shown some remorse for lying to her husband, so I think she's pretty 3 dimensional. Her sister on the other hand is completely a bitch.

strawman

strawman

She has shown some remorse for lying to her husband
I'd argue that the only reason she fears lying to him is that it might push him away, she's afraid of being caught lying.

But who knows. I'm actually irritated that they set the show up in a way that you hate his wife so when the inevitable affair happens it will be considered socially acceptable.

TotalFusionOne

I'd argue that the only reason she fears lying to him is that it might push him away, she's afraid of being caught lying.

But who knows. I'm actually irritated that they set the show up in a way that you hate his wife so when the inevitable affair happens it will be considered socially acceptable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But wtf happened there? "We're getting married!" and gone from the show for two episodes. WTF?

Bowielee

Bowielee

But who knows. I'm actually irritated that they set the show up in a way that you hate his wife so when the inevitable affair happens it will be considered socially acceptable.[/quote]

Agreed. But wtf happened there? "We're getting married!" and gone from the show for two episodes. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Maybe her schedule on Heroes contradicted with her schedule on Glee?

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

and the home made versions \o/

also

Espy

Espy

But who knows. I'm actually irritated that they set the show up in a way that you hate his wife so when the inevitable affair happens it will be considered socially acceptable.
Ok that is really bothering me too. I hate that crap when writers pull it. YES his marriage sucks, YES it's probably not a healthy marriage and it's only together under false pretenses but that doesn't make violating your marriage vows ok. Not to mention he's already so emotionally involved with the other woman that he's already cheating on his wife, who deserves it, don't get me wrong but it doesn't make me look at him like he's a "good" guy.
I really hope it doesn't devolve into the typical hollywood "follow your heart" crap that really means "make me happy no matter who I have to hurt so long as I get my instant gratification".

Other than that the show brings nothing but smiles. But that really bugs me.

Rob King

Rob King

Ok that is really bothering me too. I hate that crap when writers pull it. YES his marriage sucks, YES it's probably not a healthy marriage and it's only together under false pretenses but that doesn't make violating your marriage vows ok. Not to mention he's already so emotionally involved with the other woman that he's already cheating on his wife, who deserves it, don't get me wrong but it doesn't make me look at him like he's a "good" guy.
I really hope it doesn't devolve into the typical hollywood "follow your heart" crap that really means "make me happy no matter who I have to hurt so long as I get my instant gratification".

Other than that the show brings nothing but smiles. But that really bugs me.[/QUOTE]

Basically this. But it happens so frequently, I'm getting pretty desensitized to it. It was pretty obvious from the word go that that was where things were going with that character. I was hoping to be surprised. But I wasn't. Eeh.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Maybe ya'll should wait until the show actually does something before you talk shit about them for doing it

Espy

Espy

Maybe ya'll should wait until the show actually does something before you talk shit about them for doing it
Considering everything we have discussed has already happened except for him actually having a physical affair I'd say it's pretty clear we are discussing the events of the show.

Don't get so defensive, it's still a GOOD show.

Rob King

Rob King

It has done something. It's written an unfaithful husband, (maybe not technically, but his relationship with whatsherface is inappropriate) and cast his wife as the villain in the situation.

Espy

Espy

It has done something. It's written an unfaithful husband, (maybe not technically, but his relationship with whatsherface is inappropriate) and cast his wife as the villain in the situation.[/QUOTE]

Well, Rob, I wouldn't argue the SHOW did anything wrong by writing complicated characters. It's just made it hard to root for the main guy since he's acting sleazy. I'm sure to the writers, who have made his wife a rather over the top bad guy, it's all perfect and good. It's pretty typical storytelling, but I'd rather see him fighting for his marriage and then if it ends go after the other, clearly better girl. Makes him less... sleazy.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

He hasn't been unfaithful at all! And even Teri isn't a black-and-white villain. She's been mostly portrayed as being in over her head, and not knowing what to do, and loving her husband very much. And she's getting TERRIBLE advice from her sister. The whole addicted to psuedophed thing wasn't her being malicious, just ignorant (it is a pretty small town!)

Espy

Espy

He hasn't been unfaithful at all! And even Teri isn't a black-and-white villain. She's been mostly portrayed as being in over her head, and not knowing what to do, and loving her husband very much. And she's getting TERRIBLE advice from her sister. The whole addicted to psuedophed thing wasn't her being malicious, just ignorant (it is a pretty small town!)
I disagree about her, I think they have made a rather dimwitted villain (not all evil, but rather over the top) of a wife, designed merely to push you to want him to be with the counselor.

As to being unfaithful or not, I think many of us here have different ideas of what being unfaithful is than you.

Again, it doesn't make it a bad show.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I disagree about her, I think they have made a rather dimwitted villain (not all evil, but rather over the top) of a wife, designed merely to push you to want him to be with the counselor.

As to being unfaithful or not, I think many of us here have different ideas of what being unfaithful is than you.

Again, it doesn't make it a bad show.[/QUOTE]

The show is full of dead tropes, such, that the bad actually managed to work with the good, to make it awesome, I dunno xp

I watched episode 4 so far, there are few things that bother me, but is a great show.

I still think is going to get cancelled u.u

Espy

Espy

I sure hope it isn't cancelled GL. It's really a fantastic show. I think it's safe to assume it's got a few good seasons in it :)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Neither do I ^^

also, the gay kid, is start to annoy me =P

also, there is no love for the "say a little prayer" bear version?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Neither do I ^^

How do you mean? He seems to be one of the most(only?) honest gay characters on TV.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Neither do I ^^

How do you mean? He seems to be one of the most(only?) honest gay characters on TV.[/QUOTE]

"honest" as "good" or as in "realistic"?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Neither do I ^^

How do you mean? He seems to be one of the most(only?) honest gay characters on TV.[/QUOTE]

"honest" as "good" or as in "realistic"?[/QUOTE]

Honest, true to himself, not a stereotype, etc.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Neither do I ^^

Honest, true to himself, not a stereotype, etc.[/QUOTE]

¬¬¬

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Neither do I ^^

He strikes me as a stereotype, I mean, he's effeminate, clean, dresses well, etc. Pretty much everything I gather is part of the gay stereotype. Still though, I like the character.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Neither do I ^^

He strikes me as a stereotype, I mean, he's effeminate, clean, dresses well, etc. Pretty much everything I gather is part of the gay stereotype. Still though, I like the character.[/QUOTE]

His sarcasm pass straight trough your radar right?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Okay, well, all the characters on Glee are stereotypes to a certain degree. But I think Kurt is really three-dimensional, and I venture he has possibly gotten the most development out of anyone on the show.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Okay, well, all the characters on Glee are stereotypes to a certain degree. But I think Kurt is really three-dimensional, and I venture he has possibly gotten the most development out of anyone on the show.
Well, indeed he got a much better treatment than the any LGBT character in a mainstream show, but my problem is that he looks to much like a miniature version of jack from will&grace.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Definitely. At the moment I feel like the black girl (I can't even remember her name) is the least-fleshed out right now. Until this week I had thought it was the Asian girl, but they gave her some story finally.

Rob King

Rob King

As far as Kurt being the most three dimensional gay character on TV ... I have to point you to Calvin from Greek. Not a stereotype, and his love life is not a throw-away part of the show.

TotalFusionOne

With all this Kurt talk I just want to add... The best character on the show so far is Kurt's dad. The way he's being played is just absolutely perfect and so not what I expected from the show.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

As far as Kurt being the most three dimensional gay character on TV ... I have to point you to Calvin from Greek. Not a stereotype, and his love life is not a throw-away part of the show.
I admittedly haven't seen a minute of Greek :(

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

With all this Kurt talk I just want to add... The best character on the show so far is Kurt's dad. The way he's being played is just absolutely perfect and so not what I expected from the show.
Hell yeah, it is probably one of the most touching and well realistic moments in the shows, I really was amazed that the rights din't go to the common options "Super-homophobic parent" or "Super-accepting parent" that you usually see =p

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Hell yeah, it is probably one of the most touching and well realistic moments in the shows, I really was amazed that the rights din't go to the common options "Super-homophobic parent" or "Super-accepting parent" that you usually see =p[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Mike O'Malley. brilliant. Never thought I'd say that

Bowielee

Bowielee

I admittedly haven't seen a minute of Greek :([/QUOTE]

There was also a show on a while back called Queer as Folk who had many well fleshed out gay characters.

TotalFusionOne

I admittedly haven't seen a minute of Greek :([/quote]

There was also a show on a while back called Queer as Folk who had many well fleshed out gay characters.[/QUOTE]

I think shows that are homosexually-centric don't count in that.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Yeah, and it's not TV. it's HBO

TotalFusionOne

Yeah, and it's not TV. it's HBO
Yeah and it's not HBO. It's Home Box Office.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, it's not HBO, it was on Showtime.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Well, in general the premium networks REALLY play with a different handbook than network TV.

TotalFusionOne

Well, in general the premium networks REALLY play with a different handbook than network TV.[/QUOTE]

Is... Is that a homosexual euphemism?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Well, in general the premium networks REALLY play with a different handbook than network TV.[/QUOTE]

Is... Is that a homosexual euphemism?[/QUOTE]

What! no! HBO/Showtime/Starz can get away with a lot of great shit that Network would balk at. Meaning in quality, and stuff that's too risque for middle America.

Rob King

Rob King

I admittedly haven't seen a minute of Greek :([/QUOTE]

It's pretty high school oriented, I will admit ... but every so often I'm impressed. Mostly with how they handle Calvin.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Finally watched Wheels, it was GREAT! several characters developed at least one step, also "Dancing with myself" song and choreography was amazing. =)

Espy

Espy

stuff that's too risque for middle America.
Like those bumpkins in Iowa? Totally right, it's only places like California that are more progressive... oh... wait...;)

Kitty Sinatra

What! no! HBO/Showtime/Starz can get away with a lot of great shit that Network would balk at. Meaning in quality, and stuff that's too risque for middle America.
Yeah, they balk at quality. :rolleyes:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Yeah, they balk at quality. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

"Middle America", the masses, whatever you want to call it, prefers reality TV and CSI to the great serial stuff on HBO/Showtime/cable right now.

Kitty Sinatra

Whatever, man.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I have some presents for the Gleeks.

All the single ladies

Think of the mailman, mailman.

Espy

Espy

I cannot wait to see the next episode. The babydrama is totally coming out soon, the shell of secrecy is breaking pretty damn hard as of last episode.

Also: That poor damn mailman.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I cannot wait to see the next episode. The babydrama is totally coming out soon, the shell of secrecy is breaking pretty damn hard as of last episode.
When I saw Rachel in the Shue's Home I thought that she is likely to find out, but what she would do with that knowledge is a mistery, I could see she revealing for all the normal reasons and for her own selfish reasons, and could also see she is staying quiet for her own weird reasons as well (the shock could affect how Will is teaching the Glee Club, Quinn baby wouldn't have a place to go and Finn would have to marry her, she could even think that is actually better for the baby to be adopted by Will [hey is rachel]).

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So... No one watched last night???

my thoughs: Medium, the musics/dances are much simpler in this one, but it had several fun moments, to bad it din't had any Sue =|

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I really loved the episode. It was cool how the conflicts were all tied to the whole ballad idea, and singing what you feel. Felt so bad for Quinn :( Was trying not to cry during the last number.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I really loved the episode. It was cool how the conflicts were all tied to the whole ballad idea, and singing what you feel. Felt so bad for Quinn :( Was trying not to cry during the last number.
Dunno... the last number is too much of poor man version of the number "Keep Holding On" in episode 7

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Easily one of the more dramatic episodes so far, but also another great one. Can't wait for next week, this show keeps getting better.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

what you guys though of Mercedez reaction to Puck revelation?

Also, the first song (combined with the inner voice of each character) was just hilarious.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

what you guys though of Mercedez reaction to Puck revelation?

Also, the first song (combined with the inner voice of each character) was just hilarious.
Yeah, the inner monologues at the start of the episode had me rolling.

As for the revelation, I expected her to be angrier, but I won't be surprised if she tells Kurt in the next couple weeks.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I'm getting annoyed by this whole "only the mom decides the baby's future" bullshit. I love Mercedes, and Puck needed to hear that, I guess, but that is his baby too! If that causes him to grow up and be honest with Finn, then so be it.

Good episode :)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I'm getting annoyed by this whole "only the mom decides the baby's future" bullshit. I love Mercedes, and Puck needed to hear that, I guess, but that is his baby too! If that causes him to grow up and be honest with Finn, then so be it.

Good episode :)
What I am annoyed is that it also overlook the impact in Finn's life, I mean, I can actually agree that Finn looks like a better father figure, but this still doesn't change that he would have his life changed forever because of a mistake THAT HE DIN'T MADE.

another thing that annoys me, is that the Glee Club is building too much around the supporting the two, and when the secret is reveled to Finn I feel the house is going down, and going down hard

:(

Calleja

Calleja

Ok.. I'm caught up now.. I... I love this show. At first I thought it was gonna be the lamest thing ever, but wow... it cracks me the hell up. I love Glee, I do, I do, I doo-ooooo

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Even without all the song and dance numbers (which I love), it's a really great acerbic high school comedy

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So... no coments about Imagine or True Colors? Or Bootylicious?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Maybe it was kind of because the ep was squeezed in between Thanksgiving things for me, but it was kind of cold, and I didn't like much of it at all. Not the comedy really, the musical numbers, or any of the plot movement(or lack thereof). Everything about the other two glee club sponsors/leaders was not funny at best, and stupidly offensive at worst.

Espy

Espy

Yeah. Not their best episodes so far. Felt little stalled.

Needs more Sue.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Needs more Sue.
This, but also had too much of Shoe's wife and her sister.

strawman

strawman

Needs more Sue.
This, but also had too much of Shoe's wife and her sister.[/QUOTE]

we hates them, my precious...

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Needs more Sue.
This, but also had too much of Shue's wife and her sister.[/QUOTE]

we hates them, my precious...[/QUOTE]

I hate them as well, but I actually find they funny.

"Are you are exorcist?"

I liked Imagine, but yeah, this episode was very offensive to deaf people in general. :(

Espy

Espy

Needs more Sue.
This, but also had too much of Shue's wife and her sister.[/QUOTE]

we hates them, my precious...[/QUOTE]

I hate them as well, but I actually find they funny.

"Are you are exorcist?"

I liked Imagine, but yeah, this episode was very offensive to deaf people in general. :([/QUOTE]

Eh, kind of. Considering this show has made fun of many people I don't think the poking fun at the guy who was merely hard of hearing was offensive anymore than they usual heavy drinking intolerant christian dad was offensive to christians or heavy drinkers or intolerant people or the stereotypical gay guy who LOVES to do makeovers for that matter. The PC crowd needs to take a chill pill and laugh every now and then.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

You know.... there I think about it... I think this episode was "recicled", I mean, he was a discarded idea that they had for a earlier episode, and decide to use now, I mean, most things about Rachel would surely work better earlier, and the same thing for the pregnancy stuff.

edit: the fact that it was a put in a holiday also helps my theory.

Espy

Espy

The Rachel stuff I totally agree with.
Although I have to say, the "she dresses like a cross between a grandma and a toddler" was... AMAZING.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Although I have to say, the "she dresses like a cross between a grandma and a toddler" was... AMAZING.
Even so, it is hard to believe that she dress that bad, specially with that suit that they made her wear, you could tell from distance that Lea Michelle herself din't believe it either.

Espy

Espy

Of course. She's the "ugly" girl who isn't ugly.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

She is not a blue-eyed blond, she is hideous. She should thank god for not having to wear glasses, that would make her monstruous.

Espy

Espy

She is not a blue-eyed blond, she is hideous. She should thank god for not having to wear glasses, that would make her monstruous.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen "Not another teen movie"? I'm not advocating watching it, it's horrible, but there is a scene towards the beginning that pretty much sums that up.:D

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

She is not a blue-eyed blond, she is hideous. She should thank god for not having to wear glasses, that would make her monstruous.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen "Not another teen movie"? I'm not advocating watching it, it's horrible, but there is a scene towards the beginning that pretty much sums that up.:D[/QUOTE]

I only have seen the few bits of its, monstly towards the end, but I know what you are talking about, and I agree, they should hire albino hunchback to play Rachel and fire that ugly lea.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I actually liked Not another Teen Movie. Compared to most movies of it's ilk, it was actually funny.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I actually liked Not another Teen Movie. Compared to most movies of it's ilk, it was actually funny.
going a little bit off-topic, but I actually liked the Super-hero Movie, honestly, it was more of a super-hero movie than Spiderman 3 and x-men 3 was u.u

Dieb

Dieb

I thought that was a hilarious line, but I just didn't think it was true. The only part of her outfits that I had noticed was that she had a tendency to wear short, short skirts (hell YEA I noticed that) which isn't exactly grandma or toddler wear.

Espy

Espy

It's miles better than most of those kinds of movies and I enjoyed it for what it was. It's much more satirical than the other "not another" type of movies.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

It's miles better than most of those kinds of movies and I enjoyed it for what it was. It's much more satirical than the other "not another" type of movies.
Are you talking about Super-hero movie or Another Teen Movie?

Espy

Espy

Are you talking about Super-hero movie or Another Teen Movie?[/QUOTE]

I think Not Another Teen Movie is way better than pretty much any of the other films similar to it in recent years. It actually has some mildly clever moments in it and made me laugh.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

And to be fair, I was much more offended at how unfunny everything about Eve and the scarlet fever guy was, and not the stereotypes.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh, look, the deaf kids are ruining the song, let's join in and, even though they can't hear it at all, show them how it's actually sung!

I'm also weary of shows and movies using Imagine like the catch-all anthem for random feel-good purposes... imagine is an anti-religion, anti-patriotic..hell.. anti-COUNTRIES song. Lennon wants there to be NO COUNTRIES and NO RELIGION. Not just one country and one religion, NONE. No America, no church, nothing. Yet they still use it at, like.. political rallies and shit? Ugh.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Oh, look, the deaf kids are ruining the song, let's join in and, even though they can't hear it at all, show them how it's actually sung!

I'm also weary of shows and movies using Imagine like the catch-all anthem for random feel-good purposes... imagine is an anti-religion, anti-patriotic..hell.. anti-COUNTRIES song. Lennon wants there to be NO COUNTRIES and NO RELIGION. Not just one country and one religion, NONE. No America, no church, nothing. Yet they still use it at, like.. political rallies and shit? Ugh.
I think you missed the point... I at least understood that the song was about breaking barriers that divide people, barriers that can be political or cultural. Also the bit about "no heaven" and "no hell" can be understood as no need to devide people between good or bad, but because we wouldn't need it, we wouldn't need countries, religion or anything, merely because the union would mean that we don't need to worry about those things, I also understood the "no heaven" bit as meaning that we wouldn't need to dream about heaven because Earth would be a paradise, or a heaven itself.

>.<

Espy

Espy

LOL. Yeah, I kinda took it that way too. I'm sure thats not what they wanted but it kinda came off that way.

Also, in your daily infuriation of Calleja: I think Imagine is probably just about the worst song ever written. And if I never heard it again I would be thrilled in so many ways. :p

Calleja

Calleja

I think you missed the point... I at least understood that the song was about breaking barriers that divide people, barriers that can be political or cultural. Also the bit about "no heaven" and "no hell" can be understood as no need to devide people between good or bad, but because we wouldn't need it, we wouldn't need countries, religion or anything, merely because the union would mean that we don't need to worry about those things, I also understood the "no heaven" bit as meaning that we wouldn't need to dream about heaven because Earth would be a paradise, or a heaven itself.

>.<
No, I'm sorry G_L, Lennon has gone on record as he being literally anti-religion and anti-countries. He speaks of a world where the human race can live as just the human race, like a sci-fi planet or something. No countries whatsoever, no religion, no borders dividing the world.

IT'S PLAIN AS DAY IN THE LYRICS, DAMMIT

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

He was ALWAYS against the idea of people having to die for something. See? No religion too.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

>.<
No, I'm sorry G_L, Lennon has gone on record as he being literally anti-religion and anti-countries. He speaks of a world where the human race can live as just the human race, like a sci-fi planet or something. No countries whatsoever, no religion, no borders dividing the world.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

He was ALWAYS against the idea of people having to die for something. See? No religion too.[/QUOTE]

What exactly would be "anti-countries"?

Bowielee

Bowielee

>.<

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

He was ALWAYS against the idea of people having to die for something. See? No religion too.[/quote]

What exactly would be "anti-countries"?[/QUOTE]

um, the part that says "Imagine there's no countries"?

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

>.<

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

He was ALWAYS against the idea of people having to die for something. See? No religion too.[/quote]

What exactly would be "anti-countries"?[/QUOTE]

um, the part that says "Imagine there's no countries"?[/QUOTE]

Okay, let rephrase the question: How exactly was Lennon Anti-countries? What did he had agaisnt them? What reasons made him put "no countries" in that song? It is because he hates authority in general or because he see countries as a way to dividing people?

Bowielee

Bowielee

>.<

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

What exactly would be "anti-countries"?[/quote]

um, the part that says "Imagine there's no countries"?[/quote]

Okay, let rephrase the question: How exactly was Lennon Anti-countries? What did he had agaisnt them? What reasons made him put "no countries" in that song? It is because he hates authority in general or because he see countries as a way to dividing people?[/QUOTE]

Both. It's the ultimate socialist hippie ideal. It all works great in theory, but in practice, humans are stupid selfish animals and it will never really work.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Both. It's the ultimate socialist hippie ideal. It all works great in theory, but in practice, humans are stupid selfish animals and it will never really work.
Yeap. A perfect world wouldn't need to have countries, but a perfect world wouldn't have flawed humans either. I actually believe that a state of actual utopia will only happen with heavy genetic engenering (to modify social behavior). =p

Calleja

Calleja

Like I said, Lennon was talking of a hippie utopia where Earth becomes a Sci-Fi planet of sorts, where the whole human race shares the planet and doesn't divide it in countries.

That's what I meant with "anti-countries".

Espy

Espy

Like I said, Lennon was talking of a hippie utopia where Earth becomes a Sci-Fi planet of sorts, where the whole human race shares the planet and doesn't divide it in countries.
In order for us to destroy the alien hordes I assume? Now THAT'S a Beatles track I want to hear.

Calleja

Calleja

Imagine is not a Beatles track :angry:

Espy

Espy

Imagine is not a Beatles track :angry:
WHATEVER :humph:

strawman

strawman

haha - I was just waiting for the pregnancy shoe to drop. And now Sue is on cloud nine with glee club ending. Woo!

The songs that have been sung so far have been enjoyable enough, but not spectacular. Still got a few minutes left in the show, though. Sounds like he's losing everything.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I just caught the episode last night....

...wow. The way he got so angry. It scared me!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I have added some tags to this thread.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

tell sue i'd c her

OUTSTANDING!

Espy

Espy

I just caught the episode last night....

...wow. The way he got so angry. It scared me!
THAT was intense. Whoa.

Steven Soderburgin

Personally, I'm pro-countries.

Espy

Espy

Personally, I'm pro-countries.
How do they feel about you?

Steven Soderburgin

They like me as long as I don't violate their sovereignty by orde-*gets killed by a drone bomb run*

I'm really glad the stupid fake pregnancy plot is over and that Jessalyn Gilsig got another chance to show off her considerable acting talent. Terri got some much needed depth, and a lot of that is due to Gilsig hitting it out of the park.

Espy

Espy

I'm really glad the stupid fake pregnancy plot is over and that Jessalyn Gilsig got another chance to show off her considerable acting talent. Terri got some much needed depth, and a lot of that is due to Gilsig hitting it out of the park.
I agree and I think maybe now they can turn her into a real character rather than the eeevil villian. I'll be somewhat surprised if they stay together however even after his talk with ol' alien eyes.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Kinda glad the bushbaby is going to Hawaii. I don't think she should marry Ken without doing some real soul searching, but Will needs to address this head on.

I hope he doesn't come to her for help and end up doing something he might regret.

TNM

TNM

Having Quinn jumping and flipping on the mattresses was a bit dangerous. She's far enough along to have a decent size bump and all that tumbling can't be good for the kid.

Espy

Espy

Kinda glad the bushbaby is going to Hawaii.
What? Did I miss something?

Baerdog

Baerdog

I thought the Hawaiian wedding got canceled and they were having it in town.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Oh. I think I missed that part... loud-ass friends...

Baerdog

Baerdog

Yeah, they wouldn't let her bring her own fruit into the state.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Man, the confrontation about the fakeby was good. Definitely a great episode.

Really curious to see where it goes from here, now that it seems like Jane Lynch is taking over as the real antagonist with the baby thing over with.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

hahaha, awesome.

Calleja

Calleja

that dude's hilarious.

And the actor that plays him HAS to be gay IRL or else he's one hell of an actor, cause he's got that gay twinkle in the eye and everything.

Espy

Espy

I thought the Hawaiian wedding got canceled and they were having it in town.
Oh yeah, I remember. The wedding is still on though. That's what was confusing me.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Great episode, not so much musical, but great solving with the pregnancy plot-line.

I find odd how many people hate Terri as a character, I mean, I hate her as "a person", but as a character I often find her funny and entertaining, aside from the mexicam-fake-pregnancy =P

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

that dude's hilarious.

And the actor that plays him HAS to be gay IRL or else he's one hell of an actor, cause he's got that gay twinkle in the eye and everything.
Actually he is gay (and that Wicked competition in episode 9 was base in a fact of his RL), but he said that he isn't as camp as the character (very believable) and dress more like "target"

strawman

strawman

I find odd how many people hate Terri as a character
She's whiny, clingy, untrustworthy... They really set her up as an intolerable companion. She needs to grow up.

They set her up a little better with her deciding more than once that the gig was up, and she thought she ought to come clean, but her sister insisted she continue the lie. On one hand she's not as evil and conniving as she might otherwise be, but on the other hand she's easily manipulative and rather stupid.

She honestly loves Will, but she wants to keep her marriage together by playing on his desires rather than truly understanding and filling his needs, and just as importantly helping him understand her needs.

Will hadn't even thought of divorce until it was brought up by Emma (quite the social gaffe on her part, but one which is reasonable given her character's lack of social skills), so he's not interested in divorce, but he is interested in having a better relationship, and if not with Terri, then meeting his social needs outside his marriage.

But they are filling Terri out a lot more, which I appreciate. When they introduced her as the roadblock between Will and Emma I was worried they were using her as a foil, and not a character in her own right.

strawman

strawman

that dude's hilarious.

Actually he is gay (and that Wicked competition in episode 9 was base in a fact of his RL), but he said that he isn't as camp as the character (very believable) and dress more like "target"[/QUOTE]

According to wikipedia, he auditioned for Artie, but they were so impressed with him that they wrote a new character for him.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've only seen about one episode, and I thought, "Hmm, this is interesting... funny... touching at times. Maybe I'll check it out after school."

Well I was on Hulu and noticed a clip called "Hate on Me," and sure enough they did one of my all-time favorite songs in the show. I must watch it now! She did it really well!

strawman

strawman

I've only seen about one episode, and I thought, "Hmm, this is interesting... funny... touching at times. Maybe I'll check it out after school."

Well I was on Hulu and noticed a clip called "Hate on Me," and sure enough they did one of my all-time favorite songs in the show. I must watch it now! She did it really well!
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Cajungal

Cajungal

HAATE ON ME HATER! NOOWWW OR LATER!!!

Fuck yeah. Jill Scott gets me hella pumped. That's one of my "struttin'" songs. :D

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I find odd how many people hate Terri as a character
She's whiny, clingy, untrustworthy... They really set her up as an intolerable companion. She needs to grow up.

They set her up a little better with her deciding more than once that the gig was up, and she thought she ought to come clean, but her sister insisted she continue the lie. On one hand she's not as evil and conniving as she might otherwise be, but on the other hand she's easily manipulative and rather stupid.

She honestly loves Will, but she wants to keep her marriage together by playing on his desires rather than truly understanding and filling his needs, and just as importantly helping him understand her needs.

Will hadn't even thought of divorce until it was brought up by Emma (quite the social gaffe on her part, but one which is reasonable given her character's lack of social skills), so he's not interested in divorce, but he is interested in having a better relationship, and if not with Terri, then meeting his social needs outside his marriage.

But they are filling Terri out a lot more, which I appreciate. When they introduced her as the roadblock between Will and Emma I was worried they were using her as a foil, and not a character in her own right.[/QUOTE]
Exactly this. They can work it out!

Espy

Espy

Exactly this. They can work it out!
I don't think they can, at least from a real world perspective. I do think Will will try though, and try very hard probably but in the end... she's done to much damage.

Bowielee

Bowielee

that dude's hilarious.

Actually he is gay (and that Wicked competition in episode 9 was base in a fact of his RL), but he said that he isn't as camp as the character (very believable) and dress more like "target"[/quote]

According to wikipedia, he auditioned for Artie, but they were so impressed with him that they wrote a new character for him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are interviews on Hulu with him and the director where they do say that he originally came in for Artie and they loved him so much that they created the character.

It does this old gay activist's heart proud. Not more than 10 years ago, having a character like him on TV would have been a liability to the show, instead of an asset.

Hell, I started watching TV in the 70s where the only gay characters on TV were portrayed as prostitutes, comic relief, or pedophiles.

We've come a long way baby.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

that dude's hilarious.

Actually he is gay (and that Wicked competition in episode 9 was base in a fact of his RL), but he said that he isn't as camp as the character (very believable) and dress more like "target"[/quote]

According to wikipedia, he auditioned for Artie, but they were so impressed with him that they wrote a new character for him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are interviews on Hulu with him and the director where they do say that he originally came in for Artie and they loved him so much that they created the character.

It does this old gay activist's heart proud. Not more than 10 years ago, having a character like him on TV would have been a liability to the show, instead of an asset.

Hell, I started watching TV in the 70s where the only gay characters on TV were portrayed as prostitutes, comic relief, or pedophiles.

We've come a long way baby.[/QUOTE]

What I meant about the Wicked Song was this:

An experience that was later turned into a sub-plot for his character on Glee was being denied each year by the high school teachers the chance to sing \"Defying Gravity\" from the musical Wicked because it was traditionally performed by a woman.[3] His grandmother, a minister, let him sing the song in her church.[3] He is openly gay.[4]
But yeah, a looooong way, since the times where "There love that doesn't to speak of his name" wasn't even considered a possibility of actual love.

The Campness of the character annoys me sometimes, but also makes is somehow better when he has his Crowning Moments of Awesome.

edit: I have to say this... I am the only one that thinks that his mouth is HUGE? I mean, it is like a joker smile or something, I actually think that they make him act with that smile-less serious look in his face so nobody gets scared, but in the Interviews it looks so big O.O

Espy

Espy

I love him as a character, I kind of wish he didn't hit all the typical "gay tv character" stereotypes, but I appreciate that he generally he rises above that.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I love him as a character, I kind of wish he didn't hit all the typical "gay tv character" stereotypes, but I appreciate that he generally he rises above that.
Yeah, is what I am saying, he is like a teen version of Jack (from Will&Grace), but actually has qualities, while Jack... I am not saying that I wished to see him become a victim of hate crime, but he would be more usefull for gay activism that way.

Espy

Espy

Yeah, is what I am saying, he is like a teen version of Jack (from Will&Grace), but actually has qualities, while Jack... I am not saying that I wished to see him become a victim of hate crime, but he would be more usefull for gay activism that way.[/QUOTE]

That is so horrible... and yet for some reason you totally cracked me up. :p

Rob King

Rob King

Just watched "Wheels" I know I'm behind.

I became a sobbing mess. I don't know why, but I had to pause at the Defying Gravity part to compose myself.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Jesus, not again.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I became a sobbing mess. I don't know why, but I had to pause at the Defying Gravity part to compose myself.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Jesus, not again.
Not what again?

Defying Gravity was great, but I din't get so teary about it, I did almost cried when I saw the conversation between Kurt and his father.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^Same here. I'm not crazy about the song, but the feelings behind it were moving.

When he told the father why he messed up, I damn near cried. I saw that episode starting from when the dad got that anonymous phone call. :(

Did they ever find out who did that??

Rob King

Rob King

Jesus, not again.
Not what again?

Defying Gravity was great, but I din't get so teary about it, I did almost cried when I saw the conversation between Kurt and his father.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the second time. The "Jesus, not again."

The Defying Gravity bit was ... not so much about the song as much as Kurt, and ... well ... damn near everyone in this episode trying to rise above something or other.

Goddamn. That was excellent.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Favorite moment of the season: Mr. Shu saying 'BUST IT!' at the opening of Bust A Move.

Espy

Espy

Jesus, not again.
Not what again?

Defying Gravity was great, but I din't get so teary about it, I did almost cried when I saw the conversation between Kurt and his father.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the second time. The "Jesus, not again."

The Defying Gravity bit was ... not so much about the song as much as Kurt, and ... well ... damn near everyone in this episode trying to rise above something or other.

Goddamn. That was excellent.[/QUOTE]

That was a GREAT episode.

Sadly... I actually didn't think Kurt sounded very good when he sang the song, especially when put next to Rachel's powerhouse. Dang, that girl has pipes.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Sadly... I actually didn't think Kurt sounded very good when he sang the song, especially when put next to Rachel's powerhouse. Dang, that girl has pipes.
Hell yeah, she and Kristien Chenoweth... it is a small women thing or something?

*remembers that small cop from Police Academy*

Steven Soderburgin

Favorite moment of the season: Mr. Shu saying 'BUST IT!' at the opening of Bust A Move.
It is so fucking perfect that that is his favorite song.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Every time Mr Shue starts rapping, I die a little inside.

Espy

Espy

It's really terrible, isn't it? Or should I say "It's really 'white', isn't it?"

I'm not sure it's supposed to be as funny as it is.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

It's really terrible, isn't it? Or should I say "It's really 'white', isn't it?"

I'm not sure it's supposed to be as funny as it is.[/QUOTE]

I generally don't like that type of song, and I thought that bust a move was "okay" for a performance and "low" if compared to the rest of the show.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I think Matthew Morrison is rull good.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Quinn's baby real father is:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

strawman

strawman

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
QFT

Vagabond

V.Bond

That was a great finale. It put a lot of things of the things that were bubbling under the surface into the open, without actually resolving them.

So it's pretty much understood what's going to be going on next season, but at the same time, giving next to nothing away.

Man this show is outstanding

Bowielee

Bowielee

I was pretty misty eyed through most of the episode. Mercedes was AWESOME in the first number.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Thoughts:

Wow... Mercedes!!!!

RACHEL NO!!

Oh shit...

Poor Will...

Eve's school? That bitch!!!

Sue, I thought you were better than that! But lol @ lesbian hairstyle.

Tell 'em, you bushbaby!

Go Finn! Way to be a leader!!!

Showtime!

Wow... TV people have really good cellphones! Ha!

I love how they can perfectly perform every time they get a new song... WITHOUT LOOKING AT MUSIC.

Kudos on Ken for taking action and not settling for someone who doesn't love him.

OK, what really REALLY bothers me is what happened in the final scene. Will, you are married. Yes, she did lie, but she is trying to make things work. You have to work as well. Get away from Pillsbury, go back to Terri, and make things work. BE A MAN.

Good episode! Can't wait to see the next one! :D

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love how you spoilered everything except what was a spoiler.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I didn't say what happened in the final scene, but I see what ya mean :)

My brain is so fried.....

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Great episode. Can't wait for next season (in April:().

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

APRIL?????????????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

strawman

strawman

The episode really brought home how much people were trying to protect Quinn's secret - in effect to group cuckold Finn. They thought it was ok - which only tells you how much they care about Finn.

Really showed the unfairness of it all with his reaction, and how great a leader he is - even through his personal issues he takes the reins and puts aside himself for the group.

Too bad they only respect him as a leader, and not as a person...

Espy

Espy

Great season finale. Just great. I agree with everyone here on their thoughts about it... but even when I had issues with some of the people and their actions the songs brought gigantic smiles to my face.
Fantastic.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Finally watched, just now, god I am shaking with awesome overload, seriously I am shaking, I think I will post later... I am... feeling GLEE \o/

Calleja

Calleja

Man, as soon as Shu said "You can't always get what you want" I swear to god I thought "Oh man, they should totally do that song someday, I'd love me some Rolling Stones Glee"

And then.... when Finn said those first words during the performance, I seriously got goosebumps... they nailed it. Oh man, what a good effin' episode. It just needed a bit more Kurt to be perfect.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

No one mentioned Santanna and Brittany?

Well, It was a great episode, with all great songs, though "You can't always get what you want" wasn't as awesome as the others (still very good).

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

About the whole "it's not dating, it's just sex" thing? I lol'd for a while!

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

About the whole "it's not dating, it's just sex" thing? I lol'd for a while![/QUOTE]

I had to stop watching for 5minutes before stop laughing ^^

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So awesome:

:D

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Not only is there confirmation that Season 2 is green lit, but there is also some news. I'm not sure how to react to this honestly, so I'll let the press release thing speak for itself! I bolded some parts.

GLEEKS REJOICE! FOX PICKS UP SECOND SEASON OF \"GLEE\"

NATIONWIDE OPEN CASTING CALL FOR \"GLEE\" BEGINS FEBRUARY AND WILL AIR AS MULTI-PART SPECIAL THIS FALL ON FOX

Series Returns with All-New Episodes Tuesday, April 13, on FOX

FOX has ordered a second season of the genre-defying comedy GLEE, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company. GLEE has become a bona fide cultural phenomenon boasting winning ratings, critical acclaim, a rabid fan base of \"GLEEks,\" two certified Gold albums and more than 4 million song downloads. The series has received four Golden Globe nominations, including one for Best Television Series Musical or Comedy; a Screen Actors Guild nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series; two Directors Guild of America Award nominations; and a Writers Guild of America nomination for Best Comedy Series and Best New Series. Additionally, the American Film Institute named GLEE one of the Top 10 TV Programs of the Year, and the series also recently won a People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy.

\"We've loved GLEE ever since it was a pilot script, so it's been an incredible thrill to watch the show take root and see audiences embrace these characters in such a huge way this season,\" said Reilly. \"The show is a true and rare gem in television. We couldn't be more proud of what Ryan Murphy and the GLEE team have created so far, and can't wait to see what they come up with for Season Two.\"

GLEE has also launched the acting and singing careers of its young, talented cast, and turned them into international sensations. Replicating and expanding on the process used to discover the stars from Season One, the series' executive producers will begin a nationwide casting search this February to fill three new roles that will be added to the show's second season.

Building upon the show's incredibly supportive community of GLEEks and with the hope of bringing fans even closer to the series, auditions will be open to amateur individuals as well as professionals between the ages of 16-26, and all hopefuls will be able to submit auditions online. Additional details to be announced soon, please check www.fox.com/glee for updates.

This unique casting search and process will be chronicled in a multi-part special that will air leading up to the premiere of the series' second season in fall 2010 on FOX, and the new cast members will be revealed in the premiere episode.

\"GLEE has always been about finding new fresh exciting voices. Our second season search for young talent will be in the vein of our first season. We launched a nationwide search for talent for our first season with great unexpected results, and Season Two expands that search in an even bigger way,\" said executive producer and creator Ryan Murphy. He added, \"Anybody and everybody now has a chance to be on a show about talented underdogs. No matter who you are a Broadway talent or a struggling singing waiter with a dream in the Midwest you now have an opportunity to make that dream come true by posting your talent video and showing us what you can do. ALL the roles will be chosen from the video audition process, which is exciting and unprecedented. We want to be the first interactive musical comedy on television, and the search is ON.\"

\"GLEE is the hottest new show of the season, and it's amazing to look back at the audition tapes of those stars as they were being discovered,\" said Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment for FOX. \"Just like GLEE, there's never really been an unscripted program like this on television before. The stakes are real, and it's going to be incredibly compelling to watch the lives of these unknowns transformed before our eyes.\"

GLEE returns with all-new episodes on a new night beginning Tuesday, April 13 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

GLEE follows an optimistic teacher who against all odds and a malicious cheerleading coach inspires McKinley High's Glee Club to conquer the world one singing competition at a time. GLEE stars Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays, Kevin McHale, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley, Mark Salling and Jenna Ushkowitz.

GLEE is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers, while Ian Brennan serves as co-executive producer.

Espy

Espy

I figured it would only be a matter of time until they realized they could do an American Idol thing and make more cash.

My prediction: The winner will be, like most of the cast (I think)... a trained Broadway singer/actor. It's cool though and if it helps keep Glee going I'm all for it. Of course the first show option they were going to do: "Pour elephant poop on Paula Abdul" sounded much better.

Veteran

This show just started over here. I like the musical numbers, but everything else is just garbage. I may as well watch all the routines on youtube rather than sit through the series.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

This show just started over here. I like the musical numbers, but everything else is just garbage. I may as well watch all the routines on youtube rather than sit through the series.
See and here I am feeling the exact opposite. I hate the musical numbers but enjoy the rest of the show.

Calleja

Calleja

I'm in the middle, I love the musical numbers AND the rest of the show.

Rob King

Rob King

I'm removed from the situation by one degree. I just love Calleja ...

Calleja

Calleja

:heart:

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Glee reachs japan

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Those commercials are awesome.

Rob King

Rob King

Oh my god.

YES.

Calleja

Calleja

Wow... Fox has it's own channel in JAPAN?!

Those people are everywhere!!

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

OH MY GOODNESS WHY DO I NOT LIVE IN JAPAN?

That was amazing.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

OH MY GOODNESS WHY DO I NOT LIVE IN JAPAN?

That was amazing.
Tentacle Rape Hentai Makers are from there.

Steven Soderburgin

Yo, heads up, it's coming back tomorrow night, are you all READY?????

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yo, heads up, it's coming back tomorrow night, are you all READY?????
So excited.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

It's airing at some stupid time because of American Idol. If my DVR doesn't record it right I'm gonna shit a chicken.

Espy

Espy

I'm gonna put on my dancing boots.

Calleja

Calleja

you're such a dancing queen

young and sweet, only seventeen

strawman

strawman

you're such a dancing queen

young and sweet, only seventeen
Don't listen to this hater, Espy. You don't look a day over one. Not a day!

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

FERNANDOOOOOOOO

Abba was a bad choice for you, Mex. MUY MAL!

Calleja

Calleja

:angry: :angry:

Rob King

Rob King

That was lackluster. I fully expect it to pick up again to previous awesomeness, but that episode didn't do a whole lot for me.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

That was lackluster. I fully expect it to pick up again to previous awesomeness, but that episode didn't do a whole lot for me.
Sadly, I must agree... But Sue Sylvester is still hilariously evil.

Calleja

Calleja

Holy shit... as soon as I heard the "hello" theme I thought "Man, Hello, Goodbye would be awesome for that, but a Beatles song is expensive as FUCK to get the rights to, I doubt they'll do it." and I was happy enough with their pretty cool version of "Hello, I Love You".

And then they ended with "Hello, Goodbye"... and it SUCKED. Seriously, they totally screwed what could have been a great version. Awful. Just awful.

The episode was ok, though... I cracked UP at "did you know that dolphins are gay sharks?"... oh man was that awesome.

AWFUL Beatles cover though. Bad, Glee, BAD!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

happy sigh

Covar

Covar

Great songs, but I agree with Calleja, Hello, Goodbye just sounded...off.

Sue remains a fantastically evil villain, and Finn does a great Doors cover.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh, yeah, Highway to Hell wasn't AS good either... I blame mainly the lead vocals, that although sounded good at first, quickly became forced. Way better than Hello, Goodbye, though.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Ugh everyone in this show is so hilariously gullible and stupid all of a sudden.

Calleja

Calleja

The highschoolers are... but it's not that big of a stretch, if an adult played you with your teen fears and wants most of us would have been very manipulable at that age.

Steven Soderburgin

Ugh everyone in this show is so hilariously gullible and stupid all of a sudden.
"all of the sudden"?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The highschoolers are... but it's not that big of a stretch, if an adult played you with your teen fears and wants most of us would have been very manipulable at that age.
Felt like just about everyone was stupid in this first episode. Ending wrapped it up a bit, but honestly I didn't enjoy the episode all that much. I mean, after all the hell of the first part of the season, you'd think they'd be a little more cautious with Sue, Shue's wife, and the competition, but nooooope.

This isn't to say I'm done with the show, of course. It's probably just needing a couple episodes to ramp up again.

Bowielee

Bowielee

The biggest sin was having Idina Menzel in the show and not having her sing a single song. I know, she'll be at least partially recurring, so it will eventually happen, but I kept waiting for it to happen in this episode only to be disappointed.

Espy

Espy

Oh and for those of us who have struggled with the whole "liking Will" thing... how bout that cheating on his brand new "I've pined for you forever" girlfriend in about 5 seconds. Classy guy there.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh and for those of us who have struggled with the whole "liking Will" thing... how bout that cheating on his brand new "I've pined for you forever" girlfriend in about 5 seconds. Classy guy there.
Seriously, I think it was the first time I've ever facepalmed in real life over tv.

Chazwozel

So my wife was watching this show the other day. Total chick show.

strawman

strawman

So my wife was watching this show the other day. Total chick show.
Well yes, it's a primetime soap opera set in a high school.

What, it's not obvious at first glance?

"Actually, the real father is...Puck!"

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN!

"I'm not actually pregnant at all! I was planning on taking your student's baby and pretending it was yours and mine! Even though it would totally look like a little puck, letter jacket and all! Pleeeeeeeeease dooooooon't leeeeeeeeave meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN!

"I'm sorry Sue, but there's no way I'm letting you back in school." /roofie in drink

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN!

Calleja

Calleja

Hey, if soap operas are that damned effing funny AND awesome, I'll start watching Days of Our Lives right now. Do they cover Beatles better in the DOOL musical segments?

Vagabond

V.Bond

Madonna theme working on Glee? Shocking.

Also, haha hair jealousy.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Just watched Hell-O... well, that was lame. But lets wait to see the rest of the season.

R

Raemon777

I thought the Madonna episode was hilarious, and in some ways fairly poignant (I don't think it was quite as poignant as they were trying to be, but still not bad)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I found the Madonna episode to be just as underwhelming as the Hell-o episode. I'm really hoping it starts getting better. I'm totally loving the dumb blond cheerleader, though. She's hilarious.

Calleja

Calleja

When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist.

Covar

Covar

Liked everything about the episode except it being all about Madonna. I really hope dedicating the entire show (not just the music) does not become a regular thing.

strawman

strawman

Liked everything about the episode except it being all about Madonna. I really hope dedicating the entire show (not just the music) does not become a regular thing.
I wonder if they're going to give "theme" music to each major character in the show. It could work if they toned it down a bit, after all the major draw to the show is the music.

I could have done with less of the preaching, "Being a virgin is a bad thing!"

Chazwozel

Hey I found the only good thing about Glee:

HAWT!

R

Raemon777

I could have done with less of the preaching, "Being a virgin is a bad thing!"
huh? That's what you got out of it? The preachiness was about how you should wait until you're ready, but honestly that's not a particularly bad thing to be preaching (in particular to their primary demographic) and I think they did a decent job addressing it fairly with the three different viewpoints. Rachel didn't go through with it but still feels pressured to pretend like she had. Finn went through with it but thinks it was a mistake. Emma didn't go through with it but it was because of her OCD rather than social pressure.

On top of that, the girl Finn had sex with (can't remember her name) wasn't even really portrayed negatively for having sex all the time (although she's portrayed negatively for being a manipulative bitch). The point wasn't that there's a universal perfect first time to lose your virginity, just that everyone should wait until they're ready for their own personal reasons.

Again, it wasn't as poignant as I think they were trying to be, and did come across preachy, but the show has never really been known for subtlety.

I was a little turned off by the Madonna theme at first, but by the middle of the episode I was seeing it not as a ludicrous thing that was ruining the episode by taking it over. I just saw it as something that was so ludicrous it was hilarious. And by the end of the episode I think they did some fairly interesting things with it ("Like a Virgin" being the prime example).

Philosopher B.

Gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Just caught up completely with the 16th episode. Poor Kurt, he's gotta stop hurting himself. Kinda depressed now, though, 'cause I won't be watching a couple of eps at a time anymore. :(

So far I liked episodes 10 and 11 best (Ballad and Hairography). I think my favorite characters are Emma, Kurt and Puck (even though he's an asshole). I like Schuester but he is an emotional terrorist. Oh yeah, and anything with Kristin Chenoweth is absolute effing gold.

My fav frame from the show:

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Oh yeah, and I loved the 'all-white production of The Wiz' line.

R

Raemon777

Wow, this last episode seriously has me wondering which of these characters I'm actually supposed to LIKE.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Quite frankly, I think this season has been a trainwreck I still have hope that it will get back on track.

BTW, they in no way "paroled" Ice, Ice Baby.

Remember way back when I said that I died a little inside every time Mr Sheuster raps? Yeah, him doing Vanilla Ice made me die completely.

Philosopher B.

I think this was supposed to be a 'dark' episode, some clouds before the sunshine kind of dealio. They had to do some stupid stuff to get it there, though.

Sue Sylvester is suddenly spying on Will with baby monitors?! And Will didn't even try to convince Emma he didn't have sex with April?!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the best part of this episode was by far the MC Hammer tune. Also, I hope that Jesse St. James goes away soon, because something about that actor just makes me want to hurt myself.

In other news, I wanna see them do a 50s/60s themed episode where they do songs like Barbara Ann. That would rock so hard.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

BTW, they in no way "paroled" Ice, Ice Baby.
I'm trying to decide if they made it worse. I wouldn't have thought that possible.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I liked the songs for the most part in the last episode. But it really feels like a complete trainwreck this second half-season.

Espy

Espy

They really don't want you to like anyone on this show do they? Seriously people, you need at least one character we can root for! Come on!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

They really don't want you to like anyone on this show do they? Seriously people, you need at least one character we can root for! Come on!
Pretty much this. So far the only one who's not a total douchenozzle is Emma. She called out Schue, yeah, but he deserved it being a total whore and all.

Calleja

Calleja

Maybe they're going for a more realistic approach? IE.. real people aren't divided into good and bad guys, but more of a shades of gray kind of deal?

It's always surprised me how you guys (and by "you guys" I tend to mean "americans") need the character you root for to be DECENT AND GOOD and not..y'know.. an actual person with flaws and mistakes. Schue is a manwhore? He made out with a smoking hot girl that was throwing herself at him and STOPPED IT and then sort of sang in bed with a lonely alcoholic he's always admired. Asshole? I think he's a rather average guy, doesn't make him a bit less likable to me. He even feels like shit about it like.... oh! Real people do! He wasn't even cheating on anyone, either, for frack's sake.

I dunno, this whole "they have no likable characters" complaint I keep seeing with Glee is non existent for me.. I like them all and root for all. Yeah, sometimes even for Sue Sylvester. They all can be bitchy and douchey and stupid... but, y'know, so can I. That's actually one of the things I like about the show... they don't go for the Evil vs. Good schtick and allow some realism in the portrayal of characters' moral dilemmas.

Covar

Covar

I always root for Sue Sylvester. I like here winning, no-nonsense attitude that has made her the greatest cheerleading coach of the last 2000 years.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Maybe they're going for a more realistic approach? IE.. real people aren't divided into good and bad guys, but more of a shades of gray kind of deal?

It's always surprised me how you guys (and by "you guys" I tend to mean "americans") need the character you root for to be DECENT AND GOOD and not..y'know.. an actual person with flaws and mistakes. .
Point the first: A show where people burst into song in a high school shouldn't really aspire to any level of realism.

Point the second: you're way off base when you think that Americans need for a character to be "decent and good" for them to be likeable. Hell, the entire cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia raging bastards, but that doesn't make them unlikeable.

The reason people are disliking Mr Shue is that when he made out with the other glee coach he had JUST MINUTES BEFORE told his girlfriend how he'd be patient and wait for her.

And if you think that making out with someone isn't a form of cheating, you're going to have some very mad girlfriends in your future.

Calleja

Calleja

Of course it's a form of cheating... it's OUTRIGHT cheating. It's just that there was nobody he had to cheat ON. As I remember it (am I confusing episodes here?) the girl he liked (NOT his girlfriend) had just told him "not now, later, I have to work on my issues, seeya". And then a hot girl threw herself at him. And he stopped himself before it got beyond PG make out. I'm not saying it's commendable, but it's certainly not assholish or dislikable. Just..normal. He was reproachful afterwards, wasn't running around bragging about it or further pursuing it and wanted to make amends, admitting he had acted wrongly.

And on the other point... It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is notable precisely because they WANT to make their characters unlikeable. They took what Seinfeld did more subtly and took it to the extreme. It's the show's shtick, seriously, the creators and producers have said so themselves. The characters are fascinating to watch in their stew of assholishness, but they're certainly not likeable. At least not intentionally.

Espy

Espy

I will say I think this last episode changed the game they've been playing (make everyone annoying and a slut/asshole), they brought back some heart and character to the show. I'm glad.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So this week's episode was pretty great. Songs were good, Kurt's thing with his dad was really moving (as was his song imo), and it was a nice change to see an episode that really only revolved around the Glee kids, with pretty much no interaction from the adults.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I agree, this week's episode was excellent. I now have hope that the show will return to it's promising beginnings.

Calleja

Calleja

One gave me goosebumps. Not only because it is literally one of the greatest songs ever written to me, but because they truly made it poignant. I didn't care much for their version, actually, but the... feeling... was right. Y'know? They ruined the song musically but they wrapped it around.. I can't even quite put my finger on it, but whatever it was it was awesome. And I don't mind that they tore the song down musically because they certainly gave it enough feeling to more than make up for it. Plot-wise, mainly, not musically. I actually think they sort of half-assed it at times musically.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

NPH is on the show next weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Philosopher B.

Armpits, lol. That was a great episode. Loved Puck's number.

NPH is on the show next weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
SQUEE.

- Philosopher B., who was originally going to write 'GLEE'.

Philosopher B.

Holy Crap. Dream On is one of my new favorite episodes. Several subplots well-handled, and the music was great (finally got to hear Idina! :D), plus that duet between Schue and 'Bryan Ryan' was fuckin' EPIC.

Awesome.

Covar

Covar

Joss Whedon directed that episode. A fantastic episode, Glee seems to have got its groove back.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The Joss Whedon NPH episode was by FAR the best episode of this half season, and the only episode in my mind that was as good was the first half season's finale.

Artie singing "Dream A Little Dream" while Tina tap danced... God.

Covar

Covar

The Joss Whedon NPH episode was by FAR the best episode of this half season, and the only episode in my mind that was as good was the first half season's finale.

What about Safety Dance?

I thought the episode before this one was good as well. Not sure which I liked better.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

What about Safety Dance?

I thought the episode before this one was good as well. Not sure which I liked better.[/QUOTE]

Safety Dance was a fantastic number and choreographed great too. The actor that plays Artie is an excellent dancer, which makes is kind of ironic.

But Dream A Little Dream was just so much more emotionally powerful.

Calleja

Calleja

I think Shue was actually out-singing NPH...UNTIL the end... that last note, NPH OWNED it.

Rubicon

Ok very important

Is Glee as good as this episode with NPH?!

This is fucking gold. How could I have missed this.. Is season 1 worth buying on dvd?

Calleja

Calleja

AAAAAAAAH!!

WHY DIDN'T WE GET A SCENE WITH KURT'S FATHER SEEING FINN IS NOT A BIGOTED DOUCHE!? WHYYYYY?! HE YELLED AT HIM SO HARSHLY AND HE WAS KINDA RIGHT IN DOING SO BUT COME ON GIVE FINN A BREAK AND OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T BREATHED I'M GONNA PASS OUT AAAAAAH

No, but seriously, that wasn't the season finale, was it? Please tell me there's one more episode in the season.

Oh fuck that was teh season finale wasn't it?

Rubicon

Wikipedia says it doesn't end until like, June 8th

Dave

Dave

I will admit I am watching this show more now. But I'm fast forwarding past pretty much everything not music related. The rest of the show is high school drama bullshit.

But the "Dream On" duet (although a bit produced to be believed it happened live at an audition) was pretty epic.

Covar

Covar

AAAAAAAAH!!

WHY DIDN'T WE GET A SCENE WITH KURT'S FATHER SEEING FINN IS NOT A BIGOTED DOUCHE!? WHYYYYY?! HE YELLED AT HIM SO HARSHLY AND HE WAS KINDA RIGHT IN DOING SO BUT COME ON GIVE FINN A BREAK AND OH MY GOD I HAVEN'T BREATHED I'M GONNA PASS OUT AAAAAAH
He was kind of right, but he only walked in on the last part. I'm a little annoyed that Kurt gets to walk away as the complete victim.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

"We have a jumper."

I lost it at that line for some reason.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

"We have a jumper."

I lost it at that line for some reason.
Great episode all in all.

Mike O'Malley's scene with Finn was really good. "Brad! He's always just, around." was hilarious.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My roommate absolutely hated this episode, I didn't think it was quite that bad. I actually think it had some really good stuff in there, particularly with Kurt and his father. Although I do agree with him that the series continues to go into a direction opposite from why we both started watching it. They have to start doing more renditions of classic rock and less top 40 pop, because KISS just barely made up for doing Lady Gaga.

Poker Face was not at all an appropriate song choice for Rachel and her mom to say bye to each other with.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I loved this episode and hope we get more like it and Dream On.

Dave

Dave

I figured with Glee doing Lady Gaga that you'd have a Charliegasm.

Calleja

Calleja

AAAAAAAAH!!

He was kind of right, but he only walked in on the last part. I'm a little annoyed that Kurt gets to walk away as the complete victim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. it IS bullshit that Kurt KNOWS he's been openly hitting on Finn... you don't have to be a homophobe to be uncomfortable sleeping in the same room with a guy that has the hots for you... the same thing would happen if it was a girl that was trying to get in your pants and she's the daughter of your mom's boyfriend.. awkward, uncomfortable. Not fair on Finn.

He did react badly, though.

Philosopher B.

Poker Face was not at all an appropriate song choice for Rachel and her mom to say bye to each other with.
I agree. It just sounded so fuckin' awesome, though, that I kind of didn't care. Lol, I could finally listen to that song without wanting to pinch myself. :p

Good episode, though. I liked the ending, plus
the looks between Puck and Quinn during Beth.

Espy

Espy

Yeah, that one was hit or miss for me, Beth was aweful, the kiss song was bland, the two Gaga songs were good though. The Kurt/Finn thing had it's moments but that Dad and Finn's mom need to get smacked upside their heads. He's yelling at the kid HE forced to move in with his gay son who is attracted to him? Dumbass. What the hell did you think would happen? Hope you were happy, because your own selfishness created the situation.

Covar

Covar

Yeah, that one was hit or miss for me, Beth was aweful, the kiss song was bland, the two Gaga songs were good though. The Kurt/Finn thing had it's moments but that Dad and Finn's mom need to get smacked upside their heads. He's yelling at the kid HE forced to move in with his gay son who is attracted to him? Dumbass. What the hell did you think would happen? Hope you were happy, because your own selfishness created the situation.
See I say Kurt was the one who created the situation. I hope that isn't the end of the storyline.

I liked Beth. They could have picked a better first KISS song though. The Gaga songs were as catchy as a Gaga song always is.

Espy

Espy

Ok, fair enough, it was a mixture of Kurt and the parents. After all the parents are the ones who decided to just MOVE FINN OUT OF HIS HOME and force him to live IN THE SAME ROOM as the kid who was in love with him. WTF?
For the record, that doesn't excuse Finn's hateful actions. Not at all. The dad's speech was right on but it doesn't negate the adults responsibility here to their teenage kids.

I don't know why, but it seems like 90% of the time the guys songs seem super bland and uninteresting to me. I really thought Beth was the most uninteresting thing in a while. The Kiss song... it... just had no teeth and it didn't seem like they were having fun to me.

Covar

Covar

I thought Kiss was a perfect response to Lady Gaga.

Espy

Espy

It is, I just thought the boys did a lackluster job covering it.

Dave

Dave

I can't hear Beth without thinking of the movie Role Models.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I think the first KISS song was a bad choice. It's a good song, but I think they should've done a different one. I thought Beth was great, though. I do agree that, all in all, the boys' songs seem a little more flat, but I blame that partially on the girls in the series having much more powerful voices. Kurt is the only one with the push that Rachael and Mercedes have. Finn's voice is really breathy and the others don't stand out as much.

wana10

i think they could have had more fun with david bowie or alice cooper, but then again i've never been a giant kiss fan.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

i think they could have had more fun with david bowie or alice cooper, but then again i've never been a giant kiss fan.
That's a good point too, both are huge on theatrics and honestly the music's better.

Philosopher B.

A Bowie song would've been rad.

It is, I just thought the boys did a lackluster job covering it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it lacked a little ... 'oomph'.

I agree with CK, though, I enjoyed Beth.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Bad Romance really came off as a bland kareoke version other than Santana's part :(

Bowielee

Bowielee

Oh, man, if they ever did Suffragette City, I'd have to change my pants.

Calleja

Calleja

Ok, fair enough, it was a mixture of Kurt and the parents. After all the parents are the ones who decided to just MOVE FINN OUT OF HIS HOME and force him to live IN THE SAME ROOM as the kid who was in love with him. WTF?
It was all Kurt, though... the parents had no idea he has the hots for Finn... remember Kurt ORCHESTRATED their parents meeting, nudged them into dating, and pretty much caused the whole relationship. All because he wanted to be closer to Finn, but he obviously never said that out loud.

Kurt is in the bad here, all the way. His dad has no idea he's into Finn... seriously, if he did, he'd be a giant douchebag. I don't think that's the case. Hell, I don't think Finn had ever said anything out loud about Kurt's crush until this episode.

The parents think they're friends... teammates at football and Glee club. Plus, it was a bigger, more comfortable house. And sharing a room was a temporary (although longish term) arrangement.

Besides naivety, I don't think the parents are to blame at all.

Rubicon

Should I wait for season 1 to get on dvd? They have it broken down into "volumes" on dvd atm, which I've never liked I prefer an entire season in a set. I'd like to catch up before the season finale without torrenting if possible and Netflix would take too long to get me all the volume discs.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Should I wait for season 1 to get on dvd? They have it broken down into "volumes" on dvd atm, which I've never liked I prefer an entire season in a set. I'd like to catch up before the season finale without torrenting if possible and Netflix would take too long to get me all the volume discs.
Im not sure what the price is or anything, but the way the first season is split up, it's practically two seperate seasons, so you wouldn't be disappointed in a volume one set, it stands on its own. The point at which the show had its break resolved so many things and set up so many new things and was just so good, that it's hard not to see it as a season finale. Its kind of confusing and a lot of people I know who watch it are still in the habit of referring to the show in the past few months as season two, rather than season one, part two.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Finally reached episode 20 after a marathon, this season half is going great, still a bit disjointed but I feel that many problems in the first 13 episodes are being fixed even if slowly.

Bad Romance: Pure Awesome
Poker Face: Pure waste (well the "po-po-po" really ruined, it could be better if it wasn't for that)

edit: remember, asian vampires are the worse.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I don't think they are going to release a full Season 1. It's always going to be in the Volumes and whatnot.

Covar

Covar

Kiss works much better as a group project. Plus look at it from the guys perspective, "Its ****ing KISS!"

tegid

tegid

I didn't like pokerface at all. It didn't make any sense! I think they should have sung something else.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I just read that they're going to be doing Bohemian Rhapsody and Any Way You Want It. This pleases me.

Calleja

Calleja

Wow.. they better not fuck Bohemian Rhapsody up.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I just read that they're going to be doing Bohemian Rhapsody and Any Way You Want It. This pleases me.
Oh God, I don't want to be critical but I am going super-Calleja on both of these songs if they're not awesome.

Calleja

Calleja

Seriously.

Hey.... wait a minute! :angry:

Espy

Espy

Oh God, I don't want to be critical but I am going super-Calleja on both of these songs if they're not awesome.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. They need to step it the fudge up.

Calleja

Calleja

Bohemian Rhapsody is, without hyperbole and quite literally, one of the greatest songs to ever be written in the entire history of songs ever written.

If they do even 90% of its potential awesomeness, some caps will be thrown.

AND THEY WILL BE THROWN HARD!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh God, I don't want to be critical but I am going super-Calleja on both of these songs if they're not awesome.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. They need to step it the fudge up.[/QUOTE]

I honestly hope Kurt has the lead in Bohemian Rhapsody. He's the only one that seems to have the range for it. If it's Finn I will be sad (though I wager he and/or Rachael will have Any Way You Want It).

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Just, as a disclaimer, I'm not sure if they'll be on tonight's episode or next weeks. But they are available for pre-order on iTunes for next week.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder...=30&siteID=CTiugamq7cM-m776kQlw.TOpfsCftb7rkw
"Any Way You Want It" is a mash-up with "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'". Interesting.

Calleja

Calleja

Any SPACE Way.

I'm sorry.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

what's a space way? :whistling:

I think that they might not actually all be in the show, and its just a CD release. I hope Im wrong.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The only preview song on Hulu from tonight's episode is Funky Town. So I guess we'll see what else is in store.

Covar

Covar

Enjoyed the episode. wish they didn't keep cutting songs short.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Enjoyed the episode. wish they didn't keep cutting songs short.
That was my only real complaint too. I was so excited about them singing Loser, only for it to be cut short. Wasn't terribly impressed with Another One Bites The Dust, though. It wasn't bad, but I think I'm getting all Calleja about Queen songs.

Dave

Dave

The number last night with the pregnant unwed girls singing "It's a Man's World" was revolting. The vocals weren't bad, but the idea behind it and the super-pregnant background dancers was disturbing.

R

Raemon777

super-Calleja
Super Calleja-listicexpialidocious?

Cajungal

Cajungal

super-Calleja
Super Calleja-listicexpialidocious?
Bahahaa!

Calleja

Calleja

STOP USING MY NAME IN VAIN!

Gryfter

Gryfter

The number last night with the pregnant unwed girls singing "It's a Man's World" was revolting. The vocals weren't bad, but the idea behind it and the super-pregnant background dancers was disturbing.
See, I thought that scene was hilarious. I liked how the girls would orbit their bellies around each other.

Philosopher B.

STOP USING MY NAME IN VAIN!
Now what I will I holler when I stub my toe?

- Philo-B., about to watch the latest episode.

Bowielee

Bowielee

It was another bang up show for Mr Sheuster. Trying to score drugs AND trying to destroy another human being.

Awesome.

Are the writers trying to make him as unlikeable as possible?

And Calleja, I don't expect characters to be "perfect and nice" to be likable. Hell, I LOVE Sue Sylvester. Mr Shue is shaping up to just be a horrible person.

Oh, and his ex-wife macking on a 16 year old? Maybe they were the perfect couple.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My thoughts:

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST- I don't understand why that scared the kids in New Directions so much. It wasn't a very good rendition and the choreography was not impressive at all. They should have just been relieved. They pulled off MC Hammer more impressively than that!

QUINN CALLING MERCEDES OUT ON HER RACISM- It was only a slight comment, but I still liked Quinn calling her on it. But then she had to go and try and make the case that being pregnant= being black. And I'm pretty sure that's not correct.

THE PREGNANT LADY SONG- It was too awkward to watch, but it sounded pretty great, I have to say.

LOSER- Why'd they stop it after like 20seconds? Didn't they used to sing entire songs on this show at one point?

YAY! SANDY'S BACK!- Yay! Sandy's back!

SHUE/SUE- That was Disturbing. Also Mr. Shue is kind really a dick now. When did that happen?

THE FINAL NUMBER- That's was worth watching the rest of this episode for.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I have to admit, I liked Mr. Shue leading Sue on, I mean, she's deserved something like that for a long time (even if she didn't learn a thing from it). I still wish they'd have done the whole Loser song, though, Finn and Puck were doing a great job on it (the Marky Mark song was pretty hilariously awesome, though).

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Who else almost-physical pleasure when Will destroyed the Trophy?

Philosopher B.

Okay, I have to officially approve of this episode, because they saved the ultimate pinnacle of funk for last. It's kind of a shame they don't have
anybody who can do the bass-tastic awesomeness of Ray Davis' intro proper justice, but aside from that they did a good job. Only thing that would've made it more awesome is if they'd had Bootsy hats and some sheets and diapers, lol.

Like Gryfter, I found the pregnant number hilarious. Plus it resulted in hugz!

'Good Vibrations' was hilarious. It was a perfect fit with Mercedes, too. The 'Loser' segment was pure awesome even if it was cut short. :( Kinda got the feeling they wanted to have a little more of that, as they made a callback to that song later. Puck is still one of my favorite characters.

Now that they've done Marky Mark, Vanilla Ice, and MC Hammer on the show, though, what's left? Lol. I guess they still haven't done Tag Team. :p

Also, those last two lines were absolute gold.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Hey, so who else loved when the guys wanted to punch the members of Vocal Adrenaline for egging Rachel?

also; They are doing "over the rainbow" :D

Philosopher B.

Hey, so who else loved when the guys wanted to punch the members of Vocal Adrenaline for egging Rachel?
That was pretty awesome.

also; They are doing "over the rainbow" :D
*Pees pants*

Ohsheet, that is going to be so awesome.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

This whole back 9 was kind of a boring mess a lot of the time, with some standout moments.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Well that Bohemian Rhapsody was like nails on a chalkboard, guess it was too much to ask to have Freddie Mercury arise from the earth and drag them all back into it to make it end?

Calleja

Calleja

Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad. He didn't really try to sing like Freddie but still had a voice that suited the song. It wasn't awesome, but it wasn't bad either.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad. He didn't really try to sing like Freddie but still had a voice that suited the song. It wasn't awesome, but it wasn't bad either.

I agree. I think bad Queen renditions come from people trying to sound like Freddie and nobody can sound like Freddie. He did his own thing with it, and it was good.

Absolutely, still not as good as Queen did it, but I mean, that's just an unreal expectation. It's Queen, fergodssake.

*EDIT*
Now I'm done watching the whole episode, and it was great. Very happy with that as a season finale. I'll be coming back to this for season 2 for sure.

Gryfter

Gryfter

While the rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody was only so-so (and really how could it be anything but without Mr. Mercury), I thought the juxtaposition of it with Quinn giving birth was awesome. I especially liked when her outbursts mirrored the song lyrics.

Calleja

Calleja

It got a bit awkward with the "let me go"s, though... it was awesome the first two or three times but after that it seemed forced and... uncomfortable.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Loved the Journey medley. Queen had no soul, but the dude can sing. Also I love that version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

I liked this episode, all in all, great sendoff for season 1.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I felt that was a dissapointment compared with "Sectionals", but I guess it is hard to be great as that episode. Still, It was good, if not great finale and most important gave us a point to return in season 2 (something that was the great weakness in this season)

Philosopher B.

While the rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody was only so-so (and really how could it be anything but without Mr. Mercury), I thought the juxtaposition of it with Quinn giving birth was awesome. I especially liked when her outbursts mirrored the song lyrics.
Childbirth and guitar solos are somehow frackin' awesome together!

I was really happy with the season finale, overall. They basically closed the whole thing out on one of my favorite songs, like, ever. :eek:

One thing I would like to see next season, is that Santana get more solos.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Childbirth and guitar solos are somehow frackin' awesome together!
lol

I was really happy with the season finale, overall. They basically closed the whole thing out on one of my favorite songs, like, ever. :eek:
Very touching moment, like it should be. However I liked "To Sir, with love" better, mostly because I nearly at tears.

Philosopher B.

Very touching moment, like it should be. However I liked "To Sir, with love" better, mostly because I nearly at tears.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got choked up during that number, too.

Also, loved Kurt's hat. :lol:

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Very touching moment, like it should be. However I liked "To Sir, with love" better, mostly because I nearly at tears.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got choked up during that number, too.

Also, loved Kurt's hat. :lol:[/QUOTE]

heheh only kurt to use such thing xD

Dave

Dave

Again my problem with that scene wasn't the dad or his reaction it's the fact that the straight kid was being pushed and pushed and pushed into this situation that in the best light was pretty horrible for him. Then he comes in and the other kid has totally changed everything to suit himself, not thinking in the least about anyone else. But because the straight kid snapped in frustration and anger he's painted as the bad guy. The other kid? He gets everything he wants because he's the sympathetic gay character. Even so much as the straight kid showing up later dressed like Gaga. What's the lesson here? Be a victim - it pays off.

I like the characters, but this sends the wrong message.

Dave

Dave

He'd tried everything else. Kurt just wouldn't listen. Finn was placed in an extremely uncomfortable and awkward situation where he had to share a bedroom with a guy he knew had the hots for him. Remember, the kid is a high school kid, even if the actors aren't. He talked to everyone he could and got nowhere, he made his feelings known and they ignored him! Then he comes home to find his place turned into Elton John's dream room and it was the last straw. Yes, he knew those words were bad but he used them specifically to finally get his point across. He did, but not exactly in the way he'd intended.

In the end, the only person with no consequences who got everything he wanted was Kurt. Because he's the poor little gay victim. It just galls me that people acting the way he did got away with everything and is still looked at with pity. He doesn't need pity - he needs to be treated like everyone else.

Espy

Espy

I agree with Dave, I get "why" he used the words, but I'm with Ame, it doesn't excuse them, it does make me wish, SO FREAKING HARD, that he had yelled back at his new mom's f-buddy that he tried to tell them he didn't want this. When parents put their needs in front of their kids the kids always suffer. I get that the mom wanted to date. Nothing wrong with that. But forcing your 17 year old soon to LEAVE HIS HOUSE and move in with the kid who is in love with him??? WTH people. Parenting 101: You made the kids, take care of them, don't screw with their lives. Wait a year for him to move to college and then go do whatever you want. Jeeze.

Dave

Dave

My sister did the same thing with my two nephews. Not quite to that extent, but fairly close. She sold her house and moved the three of them into her new man's house...where they were promptly beaten down verbally if not physically. They never measured up to his biological kids, especially his son who could do no wrong. So what did they do? They stayed out late at night, got into trouble and got juvenile records - all just to stay away from this guy. My sister? Did little to nothing.

So yeah, I feel for this kid.

Espy

Espy

Take the Kurt angle out then, and it's still a TERRIBLE idea. As you said, his frustration would be totally valid.

Not that that means its ok for him to use those words. It still isn't.

Iaculus

Interestin' article-and-comments-section combo for you folks. Be nice to see what people who have actually watched the show make of it.

I'll just leave it right here.

Dave

Dave

Interestin' article for you folks. Be nice to see what people who have actually watched the show make of it.

We haven't watched the show? Huh?

Iaculus

Interestin' article for you folks. Be nice to see what people who have actually watched the show make of it.

We haven't watched the show? Huh?[/QUOTE]

You have. I haven't.

Dave

Dave

Gotcha! I misunderstood. Sorry.

Iaculus

No big, chief. We know we have to accommodate for your failing eyesight.

Calleja

Calleja

The eyesight is easy, he just has the font on the biggest setting and uses one of those magnifying glass software things...

it's the SENILITY we have to be extra careful about.

LordRendar

LordRendar

-Necro-

I just started watching it, and holy, is it a ton of FUN!

It was so freaking hard to find a DVD Boxset here in Germany.

Philosopher B.

Can't wait for it to come back.

Can't say I'm as thrilled about Britney though, lol.

R

Raemon777

Oh noes! The main character is white! RACIST!
OMG the black person likes R&B! That's RACIST!

Really? That's his argument?
You know who's prejudiced? That writer is.
That was written with some heavy bias and preconceived notions (and conjecture) in mind.

I can't believe I read that entire piece of crap.
Seriously, that's all you got out of it? Not that the show continuously features the white characters more prominently than the various minorities and then tries to write that off as a "lie" told by Sue?

Glee isn't a horribly racist show, by modern TV standards. (Which is to say, modern TV is collectively pretty racist, and Glee is only slightly better). The author didn't call the show out as being horribly racist. He called it out for disingenuously trying to seem all diverse when it fact, it's just as bad as everything else.

No, no single TV show is racist just because it has a white main character. And the fact that the black girl likes R&B doesn't either. But 90+% of prime-time protagonists are white, and most non-white characters are defined by their stereotypical non-white characters. That IS a racist phenomenon, regardless of what "intent" is behind it. It collectively sends the message to non-white people that their stories are not important. This has measurable results.[/i] Dismissing that makes the situation worse.

Glee does a lot of good things as a show. For one thing, it at the very least HAS a bunch of token characters, giving them some measure of visibility. But the major issue (with the Sue episode in particular) is that it paints this picture of Sue Sylvester and says "this is what racist bigotry looks like, see how ugly it is!?" and gives itself points for being diverse and progressive. When in fact, it is the institutionalized, invisible racism that is the biggest problem nowadays. It allows Mr. Shue to focus on the white kids without ever really questioning it. It allows hollywood executives (or, [url=http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/discrimination-latisha]anyone offering a job, period) to give roles to white people over black people and honestly believe they are looking for "the best skills" (when a double blind test reveals that to be false). It allows characters like Mercedes to be defined almost ENTIRELY by stereotypes. It doesn't matter that she happens to like R&B music. It does matter that she rarely gets a storyline that doesn't hinge on her being either black or fat.

I will note that I think a big problem is that in America, Racism™ has become this big, cardinal sin that no one can admit to without looking and feeling like a horrible person. It's great that we've come so far that racism of the Sue Sylvester type is punished so aggressively, rather than accepted as the status quo. But plenty of discrimination still exists, and it won't go away unless people can admit to it without being ostracized. (We might need a word other than "racism," since it already has so much baggage. Dunno).

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Rachel is a Jewish stereotype because she is neurotic and perfectionist.

Espy

Espy

It's so racist to have a tv show with characters mean to identify with 75% of the country.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think some people confuse trying to appeal to the majority of people with racist. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be more minority leads on shows and that white people can't identify with minorities, but the casual way racist is thrown around is kind of... crazy.

Now that being said, the show is hardly some saint of diversity and tolerance, and it is silly for them to play that up.

R

Raemon777

I didn't notice how old the post was, sorry. No, you don't have to respond point by point. I also haven't really followed your posts in particular so I don't know if there's any particular history that would alter my base assumptions from that particular post.

The reason I felt motivated to respond was that frankly, the person did NOT seem all that angry/vengeful to me. Everything that he's genuinely angry about is stuff that I think is perfectly acceptable to be angry about, and I thought a lot of the language on the more controversial points was couched in terms of "this wouldn't be a big deal... except that it's combined with these other things." His initial point is that when you have a show that's guilty of all the same things as the rest of the shows out there, throws in tokens to look diverse, and then on top of that have the white main characters act all oppressed, it's adding insult to the usual injury.

Seriously though, I think some people confuse trying to appeal to the majority of people with racist. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be more minority leads on shows and that white people can't identify with minorities, but the casual way racist is thrown around is kind of... crazy.
This is what I was trying to pre-emptively address with my final paragraph. There is a world of difference between people actively trying to hurt black people and people who have some subconscious prejudices that they don't notice who would never consciously think ill of people because of their race. But just because there is a difference does not absolve us of the fact that the latter is plenty harmful as well. And most of the rationalizations as to why it's okay are just that: rationalizations.

A lot of business executives THINK they are simply hiring based on the best resume, the best performance, the best writing. But studies have showed that that is simply not true. When you take away the names on resumes so that you can't tell whether a name sounds black or white, more black people get hired. When you do orchestra auditions blind, more women get accepted into the philharmonic.

When a movie starring black people does badly, they blame it on the black people. When a movie starring white dudes does badly, they never say "hey, maybe if we had thrown in more women or ethnic minorities."

The fact is that straight white dudes run most things, and as such they have a preference for straight white dudes. This doesn't make them bad in the way that the KKK is bad. I consider reflexively locking a car door when you see a black person on the street is approximately as bad a character flaw as forgetting your car keys, at least in terms of how "guilty" the person is. But that doesn't make all those actions collectively okay.

You can call it racism, or you can call it something else if you want, but it IS a problem and it needs to be fixed.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Random note on the subject of "is the writer angry?"

His opening line "there is nothing more infuriating that middle class white people whining...." happened to have very similar wording to something a friend of mine said to me recently. I am a thin person. My friend is a.... not particularly thin person. I was complaining about not having time to exercise and eating too much ever since I started a new job, and I was worried about starting to gain a lot of weight. My friend said "You know what's really annoying? Thin people who complain to fat people about being fat."

He wasn't particularly angry about it, but it's the sort of thing that bugs him and which I probably should have thought about on my own without him having to remind me. So that was how I read the opening paragraph.

I actually was a little more turned off my the dissing of Lie to Me, but the Lie to Me rape episode I think was a fairly unique phenomenon in that it was not sexist because that's norm for hollywood and the writers were being lazy. The rape victim had to be lying because otherwise, the show would be boring. "He raped me." "Yup, they're telling the truth." "Okay, the end!" Not a good episode. In fact, my biggest problem was that even with the more drawn out version, it was painfully easy to predict the plot twists simply by virtue of the constraints of the show. There needs to be at least two twists, the first twist has to be that she's lying for some reason, the second twist has to be that she was somehow partially right.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Hey new season of Glee...oh...wow....zzzzzz...hehe Coach Beast....zzzzzz....

Dave

Dave

What a crappy episode. The music sucked and was REALLY forced, the kids were total dipshits (even though they are all like 30) and the show is getting less & less realistic. I don't mean the music, necessarily, because that's always been just stupidly overproduced, I'm talking about:

The QB thinking that taking the wheelchair kid to football tryouts would be a good idea.
None of the kids paying attention or even LOOKING at the kids singing in the common area.
The "sing-fight" in the bathroom was just fucking stupid. Add in the fact that they were autotuned and it was painfully eye-rollingly asinine.
The Asian exchange student (who spoke perfect English without an accent?) who was taken away by the rival club...? What? Did she switch schools now? Exchange students can do that on their own? WTF?

Sorry, Charlie. I know you love this show but this episode was fucking stupid from beginning to end. And the wheelchair kid rapping? :rolleyes:

Covar

Covar

When has Glee been realistic?

Dave

Dave

It's been MORE realistic in its situations and reactions of the people. Some of the actions in this first episode of the season were either out of character or just plain dumb.

Espy

Espy

And the wheelchair kid rapping? :rolleyes:
Yeah they need to cut that shit out ASAP. It's terrible. And whats the point of doing covers of songs that sound 100% like the original? Seems to me the last half of season 1 and this one the music folks have gotten really lazy. There is very little ingenuity in their versions of songs.

I'll be honest, my wife and I enjoyed the episode but on reflection it was pretty mediocre.

Dave

Dave

Tell me what you liked about it other than the new coach.

Espy

Espy

Any line by Sue. I liked the idea of Coach Beast and a few of her moments. I liked the ditzy blonde girl saying, "Everyone though I was on vacation this summer but I was really lost in the sewers".

But yeah, overall, not a good episode. It's like they don't know what to do with the show.

R

Raemon777

Seriously? I thought it was a pretty decent episode. I mean, by Glee standards. Glee has NEVER been consistently much better than this.

Plus, this line made the whole thing worthwhile:

"Mr. Schuester, are you aware there is a forum on my blog dedicated to getting you to stop rapping?"

"...kids... kids don't like it when I rap?"
:rofl:

Espy

Espy

That was pretty awesome. Really, I know they were using the first part of the show to address the criticism viewers have of the show and to say, "We are strong even in the face of your internet criticism!" but most of the main critiques were right on the money.

All in all the show is making me laugh less and less and the songs are less and less interesting. If they spend this season just rehashing storylines from last season (which is seems like they are setting themselves up to do)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Too much auto-tune this episode. Big-lipped kid had it all over his song. Not bad, but I hope it gets better.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Also, Rachael has lost her fucking mind already. They need to calm her down a little.

Philosopher B.

The Coach Beist/Sue Sylvester stuff was basically the reason to watch this episode. Big meh on the music, especially the execution. I agree with Dave's points, though as stupid as #1 was, Finn has never been the brightest bulb, so I didn't think that quite was as bad as if another character did it ...

"Mr. Schuester, are you aware there is a forum on my blog dedicated to getting you to stop rapping?"

"...kids... kids don't like it when I rap?"
:rofl:
I too loled hard at that one.

Really, the only hiphop numbers I've enjoyed from this show were the songs they did that were already cheesy/bad (Good Vibrations, U Can't Touch This), on account of comedy reasons.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I just watched the episode... I am trying to stop a urge to break Ian Brennam finger as a punishment

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Other than the music, I liked it when I was watching. But upon reflection, I realized it was not good at all, and its for all the reasons Dave already said.

However, Jane Lynch still made it worth watching. Sue Sylvester is such a great character.

I legitimately felt bad for Coach Biest most of the episode.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Seriously, no comments on Britney/Brittany? It wasn't the greatest, but compared with the first episode of this season, it was very good (well, you can say it is average).

Either way, I come here with news, Darren Crisis (From A Very Potter Musical) will join the cast, and will likely be a romatic interest for Kurt!

Kurt will date Harry FREAKING Potter!

Darren Criss: GLEE’s Newest Star! | Darren Criss, Glee : Just Jared

Espy

Espy

The first half of the Brit episode was terrible. The songs were just remakes of the music videos, bland and uninspired. The second half? Pretty strong actually, once you got past Will being an idiot (AGAIN). The songs got better, they didn't just do a note for note remake and the characters were less annoying.

Also: Whats the point of having Britney Spears on your show but only letting her say like 2 little lines?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

One more episode. This show has one more episode to convince me to keep watching.
That last one was AWFUL.
The best part of the whole episode was in my head. I couldn't help but hear Scudworth scream "STAMOS!!" everytime John Stamos appeared on screen.
The second best part of the episode was a Sue Sylvester line.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Pretty much with you there, CH, I'm really unimpressed with the season so far. I hope it picks up, I really do.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Dave, you missed the joke with Rachel and Sunshine - she wasn't an exchange student, Rachel was just a horrible racist.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So no one cares about Harry FREAKING Potter?

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Also: Whats the point of having Britney Spears on your show but only letting her say like 2 little lines?
lets be honest, she couldn't even say those lines without sounding forced and awkward, I don't even want to imagine the result if she had a entire conversation.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So no one cares about Harry FREAKING Potter?
At the moment I honestly don't. If his plotline is as badly handled as the last two episodes or his songs are on the same level, I don't see how adding another character will help.

R

Raemon777

I actually enjoyed the most of the first half of the Britney episode but had to skip through most of the non-singing parts in the second half. Britanny (our version) was simply hilarious. I'm fine with the music videos starring her being note-for-note remakes because, hey, she's Britney.

Second half had every acting so STUPID I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

tegid

tegid

Fuck that autotuning! I don't know anything about music, I got no ear for it, and even I can tell that the voices are losing all their personality due to the excessive edition...

Also, most of last episode was annoying:

First, everyone are jerks by trying to push their beliefs on the poor guy, in a very bad moment. And they keep doing so for a while
Then Kurt's a jackass for going overboard and not letting them express their beliefs at all or pray for his father.
Some characters seem to think you can express your beliefs but disbelief needs to be kept personal. Assholes.
Later on, Kurt apologizes, he should because he's been a bit stupid, but the rest (Mercedes) don't need to, like all they did was right?? (THIS is what I found really annoying).

In the end, the believers understand that Kurt doesn't need to believe in God. THANKS! (I actually more or less liked how this was done, but it is brought down by the rest of the episode).

What I DID like was Sue.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Fuck that autotuning! I don't know anything about music, I got no ear for it, and even I can tell that the voices are losing all their personality due to the excessive edition...

Also, most of last episode was annoying:

First, everyone are jerks by trying to push their beliefs on the poor guy, in a very bad moment. And they keep doing so for a while
Then Kurt's a jackass for going overboard and not letting them express their beliefs at all or pray for his father.
Some characters seem to think you can express your beliefs but disbelief needs to be kept personal. Assholes.
Later on, Kurt apologizes, he should because he's been a bit stupid, but the rest (Mercedes) don't need to, like all they did was right?? (THIS is what I found really annoying).

In the end, the believers understand that Kurt doesn't need to believe in God. THANKS! (I actually more or less liked how this was done, but it is brought down by the rest of the episode).

What I DID like was Sue.
I oddly don't hate this episode, even though I think I should, I mean, yet again atheists are "god haters" or "don't believe because they lives are bad", arguments like "If God, why not Vishnu? or Odin? Or Venus? Or Tiamat?". Also the comparation between believing in god with believing in his father love.

Finn: His behavior in the episode... you know what bothers me about it? It is consistent. I can't say that it doesn't fit the character, the fact that he is averagely so stupid is what bugs me.

Quinn: The catholic schoolgirl without a schoolgirl outfit, barely shows up at all.

Yet

I still liked the episode, if only because there is some much kindness, compassion and love in it. Specially moments like Brit's "I made him a card that says that heart attacks are from loving too much" or Finn's reaching to Kurt's shoulder. Plus the beatle song, with the flashbacks, are so... sweet.

tegid

tegid

I liked Finn's part, as a criticism to how some (many) people confuse superstition with religion.

And the Beatles song with flashbacks was heartwarming to say the least.

Okay, maybe it wasn't so bad. Still... fuck the autotuning.

Covar

Covar

Dear writers,

We can prove if a teapot is floating on the other side of the moon.

That is all.

tegid

tegid

The original argument says something like 'on some point between earth and neptune', which I guess makes more sense but is less accessible for part of the audience.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Well, how acurate is the "find-stuff-in-space" technology that we have? a teapot is rather small, plus it might be moving, so we need to have technology that could scan the entire darkside of the moon at once and be able to detect and distinguish any teapot-shaped objects.

Also: What is the difference between superstition and religion??

Bowielee

Bowielee

OK, I just have to say something about Glee that's been bugging me for a while.

If Rachel wants to help Kurt feel like he's not alone, why doesn't she introduce him to

HER 2 GAY DADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRRRRRR......

R

Raemon777

I loved the last two episodes. The former is my favorite "Religion" episode of a TV show of all time (although this is mostly because said episodes are usually horribly bad). I thought the way Kurt's atheism was brought up was handled well and the songs were fantastic. The biggest disappointment of such episodes is that they usually end on a generic "believe in something" note but they despite their awkward bipartisanship never manage to point out any compelling things that atheists can believe in. This one did that perfectly.

This weeks didn't have a single part I can point to as amazing, but was just a lot of good writing, much better than usual.

Dave

Dave

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the two girls making out. The one says, "This is a nice change from scissoring."

:wtf:

And of course in two weeks...Rocky Horror Glee! That one I'll actually watch instead of just listening to while the wife watches.

linglingface

linglingface

I love Glee! I was psyched for the Britney episode, but felt they relied too much on dream sequences... Loved the music but wish there was more of a story for that episode.
I loved the religion episode, though! And Tina & Mike Chang's duet was adorable in Duets.

Espy

Espy

I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the two girls making out. The one says, "This is a nice change from scissoring."

HOly crap, I haven't watched it yet but... they really say that? Damn. Thats... wow.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

HOly crap, I haven't watched it yet but... they really say that? Damn. Thats... wow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That was out of the blue for their characters and completely unnecessary, uncalled for and clearly just put in to garner some controversy and thus free pubicity.

But that aside, I actually thought this was the best episode of the season. Good performances for the most part. Moved things along, though only a little, and nearly all the kids actually had a role to play.

Its weird that Jane Lynch has been the only reason to watch the show for a while, and yet this episode managed to stand on its own without her.

Dave

Dave

Hulu - Glee: Duets - Watch the full episode now.

At about 3:27 is when it starts.

Covar

Covar

Yeah. That was out of the blue for their characters and completely unnecessary, uncalled for and clearly just put in to garner some controversy and thus free pubicity.
umm, no it wasn't. Way back in the first half of season 1 Santana says "sex isn't dating" to which Brittney charms in with "If it were Santana and I would be dating." Awkward looks are shared all around and conversation moves forward. (specific episode is Sectionals).

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

umm, no it wasn't. Way back in the first half of season 1 Santana says "sex isn't dating" to which Brittney charms in with "If it were Santana and I would be dating." Awkward looks are shared all around and conversation moves forward. (specific episode is Sectionals).[/QUOTE]

Hm. I don't remember that.

Espy

Espy

To be fair to the show, they showed the emotional consequence of sex via Arnie and Brittney VERY well. Plus they brought back the Kurt hitting on whatshisname stuff and really, REALLY dealt with it well. I was very impressed with a lot of that episode. It was very good.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Duets was the best episode so far but I have to be honest, I am getting really tired of the show closing with a Rachel song. WTF, is it in her contract that she gets to sing a show tune at the end of every episode?

linglingface

linglingface

Duets was the best episode so far but I have to be honest, I am getting really tired of the show closing with a Rachel song. WTF, is it in her contract that she gets to sing a show tune at the end of every episode?
I love Rachel's voice but she does sing too much. They were saying, though... that Rachel will be singing less often and everyone else will be singing a bit more. they're also trying to develop the really minor characters more.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Dunno about this episode, it had good/great moments, but it somehow felt... "not right" like... if it was somehow broken. I can't put my finger on it.

Still, it was nice to see Mike Chang "singing".

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

First episode came out tonight here in Finland... and I'm lovin' it :)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Halloween episode was fun, had great musical numbers, and shirtless scenes of 3 males! =D

also, it completely failed to advance the plot whatsover

Dave

Dave

But Kurt as Riff Raff? Perfect! He had the look and the sound. Too bad the non-RHPS parts were so weak.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

But Kurt as Riff Raff? Perfect! He had the look and the sound. Too bad the non-RHPS parts were so weak.
You forgot the scenes where we see Finn and Sam abs (neither are songs), and also Sue's Corner, that one was awesome, If I had kids I would follow her advice.

Dave

Dave

I guess I'm not as into the abs of people portraying teenage boys. I guess that comes from my not being a gay man. :p

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Also too bad that when they did "Time Warp" that they let Flinn sing what is supposed to be Riff-Raff's lines - I wanted to see what Kurt could do with that.

Covar

Covar

Never saw RHPS so this episode was just meh for me.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I guess I'm not as into the abs of people portraying teenage boys. I guess that comes from my not being a gay man. :p
I really want to say that when you are closer to be 30, than you are closer to be a minor, people not only have the right but the duty to ignore the role you are in. Really, Cory can't pass as someone who is 21, much less 16-17.

Dave

Dave

Okay, how's about this?

I guess I'm not as into the abs of men. I guess that comes from my not being a gay man.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Okay, how's about this?

I guess I'm not as into the abs of men. I guess that comes from my not being a gay man.
Much better, we still have to fix the bit about not being gay, but everything at it's own time ;)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Damn, I am really the only one that still cares about this show in this forum? =(

Espy

Espy

I actually meant to post about the most recent episode. I'd love to hear your thoughts GL. Personally I thought it took any subtlety and nuance/realism in how they have dealt with Kurt and his struggles and just threw it all right out the window. It was like a cheesy, bad after school special. I think they could have done a lot better. The songs weren't half bad though, except for the awful Kate Perry song. That was just terrible.

Covar

Covar

I was annoyed that the girls mashup took two awesome songs that would have been great on their own and made sure we would never hear solo versions of them.

The bits with Puck and Artie were hilarious, and Sue continues to be the best part of the show.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I really liked the last episode, even if the mashups were lacking compared to last season. Teenage Dream was amazing though.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I actually meant to post about the most recent episode. I'd love to hear your thoughts GL. Personally I thought it took any subtlety and nuance/realism in how they have dealt with Kurt and his struggles and just threw it all right out the window. It was like a cheesy, bad after school special. I think they could have done a lot better. The songs weren't half bad though, except for the awful Kate Perry song. That was just terrible.
Dunno dude, after a lifetime of never seeing the issue in tV, I don't really care that much about sublety... It did bother me some lack of realism, mostly Blaine and Kurt walking holding hands (that is not only unrealistic between two people that never met, but somehow... impratical way of running, imagined if someone trip... well I got distracted).

Also, where is Mercedes?? I don't think Kurt should have told her about the bully, but they should had at least ONE scene in this episode, even if was a out of character scene where she dismiss his problems or something.

I din't liked any of the musics in this episode, mostly it was "warm" I guess, not really terrible, but could have been a lot better.

I am not entirely sure how to feel about the bully and the kiss, besides thinking that it was probably was the most traumatic first kiss in the history of television.

Espy

Espy

I get what you are saying, I'm only speaking of subtlty in a storytelling way, it felt like they got lazy and just resorted to cliches to tell Kurt's story. I think his character deserves better than that kind of hamfisted storytelling.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys something that is a rather a strong point of debate in another forum.

What you guys think about Kurt telling Blaine about Karkofsky? Many think that it was dangerous and essencially a outing of a guy who is too scared deep in the closet and sort of a betrayal (one poster went as far as saying that the last locker pushing was deserved) others don't even see a problem at all.

Me: I think it was wrong... but not maliciously wrong, just something stupid that a kid would do after a traumatic incident... not the best, but somehow the "human" reaction to it. =P

linglingface

linglingface

Love Glee!
Teenage Dream is an okay song but I absolutely loved the Glee version, the boys did a fantastic job. :)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Oh, I wanted to ask you guys something that is a rather a strong point of debate in another forum.

What you guys think about Kurt telling Blaine about Karkofsky? Many think that it was dangerous and essencially a outing of a guy who is too scared deep in the closet and sort of a betrayal (one poster went as far as saying that the last locker pushing was deserved) others don't even see a problem at all.

Me: I think it was wrong... but not maliciously wrong, just something stupid that a kid would do after a traumatic incident... not the best, but somehow the "human" reaction to it. =P
They didn't really "out" him, though with how scared he obviously was, they shouldn't have done that in a public place. They were trying to reach out to him, but he obviously wasn't ready for it. That he continues to shove Kurt just shows he's still turning to anger and violence to deny it.

Gryfter

Gryfter

I can't help but think that I really liked this last episode because Rachael was barely in it.

She is really getting tiresome.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

They didn't really "out" him, though with how scared he obviously was, they shouldn't have done that in a public place. They were trying to reach out to him, but he obviously wasn't ready for it. That he continues to shove Kurt just shows he's still turning to anger and violence to deny it.[/QUOTE]

Well, "out" is also used as any instance where a person finds out about another person sexuality, it doesn't really needs to be "out to everyone".

But yeah, the conducted that poorly.

I can't help but think that I really liked this last episode because Rachael was barely in it.

She is really getting tiresome.
I have a friend that somehow manages to like her. I just don't understand.

I wonder if she is going to take a more important role in the next episodes, since the early season was just about Kurt or other minor characters

Espy

Espy

I think this AV Club review summed up why I disliked that last episode much better than i did: "Never Been Kissed" | Glee | TV Club | TV | The A.V. Club

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So... mostly, this episode somehow lived up to his title, it really felt like a subistute, I don't remember any of it's songs right after they are sung, and... a tots storyline? seriously?

I think that the only things that are really good about it are "a little purse fell from my mouth" and brittany thinking that the broccoli was a little tree where gummie bears lived in.

Covar

Covar

Sue, always great. Mike and Shue's dance number was excellent. Gweneth Paltrow was smoking hot in Singing in the Rain.

Dave

Dave

Aside from certain moments in episodes, Glee has been getting worse and worse. This last one was terrible. Including the Singing in the Rain rap number. God awful.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Well, next week we meet Sue's mom, at least that should be fun.

also, is Kurt and Blaine together or what???

edit:

Also Karsofsky winking at Kurt in one scene, and threating of death in the other, what is up with that?

Espy

Espy

Sue, always great. Mike and Shue's dance number was excellent. Gweneth Paltrow was smoking hot in Singing in the Rain.
Sue was great. The producers number Mike and Shue did was also awesome. And there is nothing smoking, nor hot about Gweneth "boring as hell" Paltrow. Although I did actually really like that number.

Gryfter

Gryfter

You know, last season had a very clear arc that every episode moved forward, so even if an individual episode didn't have everything you wanted at least it moved the story forward. This season seems like it's been a series of filler episodes, some meh, some okay, but who knows what the overall arc is supposed to be. It seems like it's very similar to last season but it hasn't moved forward since the first episode of the season.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Okay... so... Furt...

Kurt: I could accept one wedding speech dedicated to Kurt he is Burt's son after all, I could understand one wedding speech dedicated to Kurt it was because of him that the whole thing happened after all... but good lord, three speechs??? That was weird to watch, and I couldn't shake the feeling that they really left Finn out of the loop like a unfavorite child.

Finn: while you deserved a mention at your mother's wedding... what happened to you this week? Or this season for that matter? You like Burt, you like to see your mother happy, why is so hard to be happy about it??? And let's not even getting started with the whole Karofsky situation.

Rachel: FINALLY you done something that showed a remote ability of compassion! You WIN a COOKIE!

Sue: You are weird, weird woman, but you are truly awesome, and honestly is hard to see a better spouse for you.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Good episode, I think. So far, the theme of this season seems to be Kurt maturing and becoming a better person than he was in Season 1.

And Sectionals next week!!!

linglingface

linglingface

I agree, there is definitely a lot of filler this season. I still love Glee, but I wish there was more of a story. LOVED hearing Gweneth sing (loved her in Duets!) and really enjoyed the Glee wedding. :D

Bowielee

Bowielee

I have to say that I've been extremely underwhelmed by this season for many of the reasons listed above. It seems like the storylines are just vehicles for the songs, which isn't what made me love the show in the first place.

I also have to say that having Kurt go to the other school was a punk out move by the writers. What a great message to send to gay youths who are having problems in school. "Just run away" Feh....

Dave

Dave

Oh my God this episode sucked.

Kurt's solo would have been GREAT...if that dumb overhyped bitch would have shut her mouth. But of course there must be something in her contract that means she has to have a solo in every episode.

Sectionals was a joke and the plot...ugh.

I wish my wife would stop watching this. So I could.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Oh my God this episode sucked.
Agreed, I mean it wasn't the worst but... dunno it felt like it was patched at the last second

Kurt's solo would have been GREAT...if that dumb overhyped bitch would have shut her mouth. But of course there must be something in her contract that means she has to have a solo in every episode.
Honestly... I din't liked that song at all, but it is more because of the song than about the performance. I wouldn't call Lea Michele a bitch, but goddam that Rachel.

Sectionals was a joke and the plot...ugh.
I fell bad for not seeing that a mile away, but really it was probable "the best" situation where we can keep Kurt in the show, but not by much... =\

I wish my wife would stop watching this. So I could.
Is that hard to do something else? or Watching it earns wife points to be invested in sex?

Dave

Dave

Is that hard to do something else? or Watching it earns wife points to be invested in sex?
The computer is in the same room as the HDTV that she watches her shows on. So I get a lot of stuff by osmosis.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Okay, I get that the episode was terrible... but doesn't anyone wants to say anything???

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I liked the episode okay. The Artie/Brittany stuff was really cute. I am glad that The Warblers are going on to Regionals. The songs were just okay this week, but I liked most of the plot stuff. I'm glad others are calling out Rachel's awfulness. I want Sunshine to come back though :(

Espy

Espy

I thought it wasn't that bad. Way better than the last few smash you over the head with our message episodes. My only real complaint is that I can't stand the Aryan couple and their voices. Zero power, breathy and underwhelming. Plus covering one of the cheesiest 80's pop songs didn't help. The story wasn't bad though, and I liked Kurt dealing with his new surroundings.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I told a friend that I din't remembered his birthday because he was a terrible person (I just forgot actually)

I told him this because he likes Rachel and thinks that she is a great person O_O

linglingface

linglingface

I think the Warblers are fantastic. They sing songs that I tend not to like very much but end up loving when they sing it. <3
Loved Artie & Brittany, the magic comb, and the definition of "adultery".
Sectionals were kind of cheesey... I did enjoy the music, but it was the same 'ol thing. Let's not do what we usually do by doing what we usually do. ... I did like the fact that Quinn got to sing, though! She doesn't have the "best" voice, but her voice is sweet and clean and I love it.

R

Raemon777

Loved the Christmas episode.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

I have to say I was surprised by Brittany asking "Santa" to let Artie walk.... Then the very end when they all show up in the room and there's Artie standing there.. Wow... That was surprising, though they did have the "Artie walking" arc some last season when Artie was dating Tina.

Gryfter

Gryfter

That episode was one big load of meh.

I think I have finally pinned down what is missing with this show. Last season we had some crazy storylines and bits. We had Finn flashing-back to hitting the mailman while his mother was teaching him to drive leading to his PME, Shu's wife faking a pregnancy, the awesome description of what let to the school counselor's OCD, most of the Moments with Sue, etc. It reminded me of the movie Election and it's what drew me to the show.

It's like this season they fired the good writers and the ones that are left are run by marketing. I can just see the marketing exec in a writing brainstorm, "Glee, is big with teen girls so we need more romance on the show and less subversive storylines." I can't see the rest of the season getting any better after the mehhy Christmas episode.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I disagree completely, I loved the christmas episode. Then again, christmas specials with sappy christmas miracles are a weakness of mine.

And sue's assistant dressed as the grinch's dog was adorable.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

^ Becky is made of concentrated cuteness.

I honestly enjoyed this episode, I like when kids are nice, and all in all, it was just a filler christimas special, but it was sweet.

I wish that I had a nostalgic conection with the songs in the way that you americans do, I never even watched grinch xP

That said, what THE FUCK is wrong with that school and they hatred for the glee club? Seriously is starting to get narmy.

Espy

Espy

You know I wish Fringe got half the support from Fox Glee does.

Hell, even a third of the support.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, unless the show improves significantly soon, I'm ready to remove it from my Hulu queue. I find myself doing other stuff while watching it because I'm finding it so boring this season. Incidentally, the same thing is happening with me and the show Community this season. I've found that show to be a big pile of Meh lately as well.

Bowielee

Bowielee

hey, guess who's back on the glee bus? this guy! the sunday episode was awesome.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

This show's still on?

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

The Thriller/Off with the head mashup was pretty good.

The Warblers' sudden song seemed a bit out of place to me.

Dave

Dave

I didn't watch it because of the people in my house. My DVR didn't record it because the Superbowl messed everything up timewise.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Fox.com has it available for streaming if anyone is interested and had it be messed up due to Superbowl as well. http://www.fox.com/glee/full-episodes

linglingface

linglingface

I work for Gap and tonight they're performing in a Gap store. XD I love my job, so I'm super psyched!

Covar

Covar

One of the best episodes of the season (surprising since it lacked Sue).

linglingface

linglingface

Absolutely loved the last two episodes! Finally they're not just dilly dallying around doing a whole lot of nothing and singing for no reason at all.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Somehow I got enchanted by Brittanie. Loved her in the Xmas episode.

Zappit

Zappit

So they threw us a few good episodes - now come the trashy "issues" episodes - teen drinking and sex ed. - complete with plenty of shock-for-the-sake-of-shock imagery. Get ready for a return to plot-free messes. Sorry, that preview this week is practically broadcasting that the "Comeback" is over.

themike

They are doing a good job I think

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Blaine and Rachel are going to kiss.

That makes me very sad :(

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So... no one cares about this show anymore?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Nope.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Nope as "no one cares" or "no someone still cares"

Espy

Espy

My wife still enjoys it for some perverse reason. I watch it with her but honestly it just makes me cringe most of the time. The Justin Beiber ep was horrible. It's hard to like or even enjoy most of the characters at this point.

Except Sue. Sue's still cool.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Actually, I think that is gone bad too. I still watch, don't watch anything else either way =|

I still care about the show, but things are becoming hit or miss, the Bieber musics are dreadfull, only somehow saved the one where Artie (Artie! <3) sung, who was reasonable.

Last episode was funnier when re-watched, but they did "GAY GUY CONFUSED OF HIS SEXUALITY AGAIN!" grrrrr the fact that Blaine hasn't kissed any guy on screen (or that the only guyxguy kiss was forceful) still bugs me

so urgh

/rant

Philosopher B.

I took a break from watching it a while ago, after the Britney episode I think or the one after that. I'm thinking of catching up on it all in one go and then taking my own life.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Finland. Episodes come late. The Lady Gaga episode just aired yesterday.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Finland. Episodes come late. The Lady Gaga episode just aired yesterday.
Wow, that is even worse than Brazil! The second season only started recently here.

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Well, that was certainly a very interesting episode.

Santana's a lesbian and it appears that Brittany is bi... Quinn and Finn are back together again too... Interesting.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Santana's a lesbian and it appears that Brittany is bi... Quinn and Finn are back together again too... Interesting.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but that's nothing new.
The series has strongly hinted that they've been sexual partners several times in the past. "This beats the usual scissoring."

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

I haven't seen the episode yet, but that's nothing new.
The series has strongly hinted that they've been sexual partners several times in the past. "This beats the usual scissoring."
But the difference between past episodes and this one is that Santana actually said that she didn't want to be with anyone but Brittany and that she loved her.

R

Raemon777

but the actual quote "Santana is a Lesbian and apparently Britney is bi" was what was purported to be "surprising." It's been pretty explicitly stated several times now.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So.... does anyonelse hates Holli too? And that Kiss "song" that they made... it was just painful

and seriously, Kurt doesn't like to watch porn because he thinks about the actors as having mothers??

Dave

Dave

What the FUCK am I watching?!?

This show has gone from dumb to WTF is going on? This has been dumb as fuck.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

So....

I think Darren Crisis needs more practice with kissing guys, I would offer to help :3

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So....
Seriously, why am I still "watching" this thread? this show hasn't been any good since midway through first season and I keep getting updates about this thread, where people keep complaining about how bad this show has gotten. I have a very limited TV schedule, and I swapped this out for Community. If you haven't, you are a fool, unless you already swapped something else for community, in which case you need to swap this out for Modern Family*

*if both Modern Family and Community are part of your TV schedule but you still watch Glee, God help you.

Espy

Espy

All I can figure out is that me and the wife keep watching it because its like watching a train wreck. It just keeps finding ways to get worse.

linglingface

linglingface

I really enjoyed the bad original songs. XD "Trouty Mouth" was so LOL

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Watch this video for a stupid far-right reaction to the KLiss.

Dave

Dave

So why didn't she go this nuts over the lesbian kisses?

Espy

Espy

cuz lesbians are totally hot dude.

Philosopher B.

You wanna talk about sins, let's talk about that stupid voice!

Zark, what a tool.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Watch this video for a stupid far-right reaction to the KLiss.

Wow... she was really unprepared for that interview. She never even talked about the subject at hand, it went from yay Jesus (I liked that she brought her bible for the interview) to evil liberal agenda to muslims...

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Wow... she was really unprepared for that interview. She never even talked about the subject at hand, it went from yay Jesus (I liked that she brought her bible for the interview) to evil liberal agenda to muslims...
"underprepared" is the keyword here, even the way she dressed looked... dunno, she doesn't look like someone who is goig to speak about they political views in national televisons.

Either way, she is ignorant, and not only the "prejudice" type of ignorant, she is a real moron that doesn't know why she believes in what she believes and vomits a stream of stupidity at us, her blog is nothing better.

Covar

Covar

Honestly the last episodes been sitting on my DVR since it aired and I just can't bring myself to care. Perhaps when they stop trying to treat their insanely over the top satire of a show seriously it will get good again.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

LordRendar

LordRendar

I must say,I love the Drama....

Dave

Dave

I've stopped watching. I just can't take the stupid any more.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I think it peaked in the middle of the first season. After it came back from the first hiatus, it sort of declined. I feel like it started to take itself seriously, and one of its early merits had been its unabashed self-knowing sense of humour. I haven't watched since the second episode of season 2.

Gryfter

Gryfter

I think it peaked in the middle of the first season. After it came back from the first hiatus, it sort of declined. I feel like it started to take itself seriously, and one of its early merits had been its unabashed self-knowing sense of humour. I haven't watched since the second episode of season 2.
I am convinced that the show lost one or more of the talented writers right around that time. They introduced Jesse to the show and it went down hill from there. The second season has been a pale shadow of the early part of the first season. I think the writers they have now cave to Producers/Marketers in an attempt to have stories that appeal to their perceived audience yielding that garbage that we get now. Even Sue is no longer fun to watch.

After last night's episode, my girlfriend has finally lost interest so I might be able to pass on the rest.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I am pretty much on it because of the LGBT storylines and occasional minor character, but Will, Sue, Rachel, Finn and Quinn are just worthless now.

Oh, and the songs.

I couldn't believe what they did with friday.

EDIT:

After last night's episode, my girlfriend has finally lost interest so I might be able to pass on the rest.
any specific reason?

linglingface

linglingface

I liked the last couple episodes a lot more than most the rest of the season. I can't believe they did "Friday"! At least they changed it up enough that I didn't have to mute it. The lyrics are still shit, but if you ignore that (rofl) then it sounded pretty decent. :p

Also, Lea Michele CANNOT sing Adele. They did not do her justice at all.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

^Glee version of friday is ALOT better if english isn't your first language, it is easy to ignore the lyrics that way, and it sounds genuinely nice.

Also did you like Born this way?

linglingface

linglingface

Loved Born This Way! Tired of hearing it on every show lately, but it was great. And their shirts rocked! CAN'T SING was my fav.

Gryfter

Gryfter

any specific reason?
I think the return of Jesse was the straw the broke the proverbial camels back. She really strongly felt that it was beyond ridiculous that Rachel didn't knee him in the little sopranos after the way he treated her.

linglingface

linglingface

I love Quinn but prefer Finchel JUST because it shuts Rachel up a bit. She's just happy to have any guy around. :-/

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I think the return of Jesse was the straw the broke the proverbial camels back. She really strongly felt that it was beyond ridiculous that Rachel didn't knee him in the little sopranos after the way he treated her.
The sad truth... I genuinely feel that fits Rachel characterization of someone that "can apreciate the drama" of a slap in the face, really, I don't have high expectations of the little miss golden star.

but yes, it is annoying.

Loved Born This Way! Tired of hearing it on every show lately, but it was great. And their shirts rocked! CAN'T SING was my fav.
That music number was epic... I totally did not tear up because of it, not me >.>

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I thought this was interesting... Discovered via RK Millholland's twitter. http://choochoobear.tumblr.com/post/5457687798/rosalarian-wholesomeobsessive-look-at-how

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I thought this was interesting... Discovered via RK Millholland's twitter. http://choochoobear.tumblr.com/post/5457687798/rosalarian-wholesomeobsessive-look-at-how
Very good points...

...the sad thing about glee is that the writters lack creativity for stuff like "gay kid that is too poor to buy designer clothes"... also little time, the show is like a paragon of Essemble Darkhorse trope. To much characters have a degree of popularity, too few can actually have the screen time and they obviously want to give a gay aesop every other episode... so we Kurt being only the gay kid with gay storylines.

Dei

Dei

I finally watched the episode with Nationals, and what I really took away from it is that Rachel and Kurt should sing together more often.