Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I get 4 or 5 recruiter emails in my inbox every single day. Ever since I got my degree, it magically freed the roadblock that automated systems that recruiters use, and I am all kinds of popular.

But the vast majority of jobs are stuck in the old mindset. Some have told me that they apply a salary differential depending on location, for instance. Others are looking for 15-20 years of experience, but because they're in small-town-BFE middle america, they're paying small-town-BFE middle america wages. That kind of thing. But about once a month or two, something comes along that's truly interesting in terms of pay, work-life balance and the actual job itself.

I decided to go for one of those last week. Keep your fingers crossed for me :D

Welp, countrys calling their officials back and telling their citizens to leave the Ukraine. Looks like WWIII will start soon.

Welp, countrys calling their officials back and telling their citizens to leave the Ukraine. Looks like WWIII will start soon.
Nah. It's just another hot zone or proxy conflict for Cold War 2. Like Korea, Vietnam or Afghanistan before for CW1 and arguably Syria for CW2.
This's going to get confusing when Civil War 2 starts, BTW.

Russia is withdrawing troops from the Ukrainian border "as planned, after finishing their exercises", all Western talk of war and aggression is just "a smokescreen to hide their own aggression and provide a reason to post more troops near Russia, it's all just hysterics, trying to provoke Russia".

Or, in other words, Putin is trying to find a way to not invade and also not lose face domestically.

They only put 70% of their army and air force miles from the border of a country they've invaded in the last decade. EVERYONEWASJUSTFEARMONGERING.

I'm sure Ukraine just breathed a sigh of relief.

Reports from Ukraine say there isn't any sign of actual Russian withdrawals. Granted that could be because 100,000 troops can't quickly & easily just pack up and leave. On the other hand Putin only said that some of the troops were returning to base.

Trust me, Ukraine's still holding its breath.

GasBandit

Staff member
You mean the threat of sanctions had no effect on the decisions of a nation whose economy had already collapsed?? Surely you jest.

I mean, sieze all of the illegal Russian assets in foreign and US banks would be a good start, use that to offset the rise in fuel costs.

It’s right up there with DeSantis’ “Don’t Say Gay” law, which mandates any and all gay youths MUST be outed.
“It’s perfectly all right to be gay…so long as you keep it a secret that you carry to your grave.” — GOP, probably.

—Patrick

Received this comment on the above while discussing it with a coworker: “But that’s going to drive up the chances of these teens committing suicide!”
My reply: “I think they’re essentially counting on that.”

—Patric

And now the Supreme Court is going to hear a case from another bigoted business owner who doesn't want to serve gay people. The conservatives on the Court will bend over backwards to allow discrimination so long as it's in the name of "sincerely held religious beliefs."

And now the Supreme Court is going to hear a case from another bigoted business owner who doesn't want to serve gay people. The conservatives on the Court will bend over backwards to allow discrimination so long as it's in the name of "sincerely held religious beliefs."
Oh, they are claiming that the website designer who wants to refuse gay customers is an artist, and therefore forcing him to take them as customers is violating his artistic expression protected under the 1st amendment. That's the new angle of attack for this particular turd. But of course now there's a strong conservative majority, so it's likely to be rolled back.