Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I still don't get what religious people see in him. I have met Atheist's that are more "Christian" then Trump. Biden goes to catholic church every Sunday and can even quote scripture, while Trump goes golfing with his rich friends, and yet Biden is somehow the heathen here.
Abortion. That’s all there is to it.

I wondered why Arizona's governor Doug Ducey had amscrayed from the state. It's been posited that there are three reasons why, and it all involves the fact that Biden won Arizona:

Laurie Roberts (Arizona Republic) said:
I can think of only three reasons that Ducey would remain silent on the outcome of the Nov. 3 presidential election:

1. He’s afraid of President Donald Trump.

2. He’s afraid of President Donald Trump’s base.

3. Both.

GasBandit

Staff member
I still don't get what religious people see in him. I have met Atheist's that are more "Christian" then Trump. Biden goes to catholic church every Sunday and can even quote scripture, while Trump goes golfing with his rich friends, and yet Biden is somehow the heathen here.
Abortion. That’s all there is to it.
And Gay Marriage.
The litmus test for modern christianity starts at how opposed to abortion you are and ends at how much you want to make life hell for the LGBTQ community.

And Gay Marriage.
The litmus test for modern christianity starts at how opposed to abortion you are and ends at how much you want to make life hell for the LGBTQ community.
And this (along with women's ordination) is why my denomination is seriously considered as "anti-christian" by some. There's an angry YouTube video and everything. We watched it in seminary. And it's part of the reason why whenever I am asked what denomination I am with I respond "it's about as liberal as you can get and still be considered Christian by most other denominations".

figmentPez

Staff member
And Gay Marriage.
Those are the big two, but I wouldn't discount other talking points, like:
  • The government shouldn't help people, because that's the church's job
  • Against non-Christian religions (especially when combined with poorly concealed racism)
  • Anti-science (especially when combined with criticism of public schools)
  • Things were better in the past
  • Vague promises of money and getting richer
  • Validation that feelings matter more than facts

Those are the big two, but I wouldn't discount other talking points, like:
  • The government shouldn't help people, because that's the church's job
  • Against non-Christian religions (especially when combined with poorly concealed racism)
  • Anti-science (especially when combined with criticism of public schools)
  • Things were better in the past
  • Vague promises of money and getting richer
  • Validation that feelings matter more than facts
American Christianity is as warped and insane as American democracy.

figmentPez

Staff member
Georgia’s secretary of state says fellow Republicans are pressuring him to find ways to exclude legal ballots

"Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said Monday that he has come under increasing pressure in recent days from fellow Republicans, including Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.), to question the validity of legally cast absentee ballots in an effort to reverse President Trump’s narrow loss in the state.
"The atmosphere has grown so contentious, Raffensperger said, that both he and his wife, Tricia, have received death threats in recent days, including a text to him that read: 'You better not botch this recount. Your life depends on it.'”
"Raffensperger has said that every accusation of fraud will be thoroughly investigated, but that there is currently no credible evidence that fraud occurred on a broad enough scale to affect the outcome of the election. "
"He said the hand-counted audit that began last week will also prove the accuracy of the Dominion machines; some counties have already reported that their hand recounts exactly match the machine tallies previously reported."

" Graham also asked whether Raffensperger had the power to toss all mail ballots in counties found to have higher rates of nonmatching signatures, Raffensperger said."

Lindsey Graham wants to throw out ALL votes from any counties that were lenient in what they considered a matching signature.

Good news: SCOTUS isn't taking up the PA Absentee Ballot Case.

Bad news: they found that one county forgot to count a few thousand votes because they didn't take out a memory card.

GasBandit

Staff member
This one's going out to @DarkAudit