Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

figmentPez

Staff member
And Moscow Mitch continues to be a fucking asshole:

Yes, those are tombstones for his political opponents. This is NOT the imagery to use in a country in the midst of a gun violence crisis.

So, 8chan was booted off it's service provider. Fair enough, fuck them. The Daily Stormer decided to help them out. Then they were booted off their provider. This is a pretty big win for humanity. They're both down now. Good.

So, 8chan was booted off it's service provider. Fair enough, fuck them. The Daily Stormer decided to help them out. Then they were booted off their provider. This is a pretty big win for humanity. They're both down now. Good.
Here's hoping KiwiFarms isn't much longer for this world, as well. Dregs of the dregs of the dregs there.

figmentPez

Staff member
And this wasn't the first attempt to blow up the house!

"But an odd incident occurred on Tuesday, when workers at the home discovered the smell of natural gas and found that the stove had been left on. The Sterling Fire District later released a statement saying 'an unknown suspect(s) unsuccessfully attempted to ignite the home by filling it with natural gas and turning the stove burner on.'"

And that's after an electrical fire damaged the house. (Which meant the couple was staying at a hotel, and was not in the house for the explosion.)

Yeah, White Supremacy sure isn't a myth.

figmentPez

Staff member
'I've Got Nothing Over Here': Michigan Man Deported By ICE Dies In Baghdad

41 years old, having lived in the US since he was 1 year old. He was born in Greece to parents fleeing Iraq because they were being persecuted for being Christian. He was deported to Iraq, despite the fact that he'd never been there.

"[His sister] also said her brother had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. "
"He had been homeless, she said, "

Seems like I was right, ICE is Trump's solution to the homeless problem. I wonder how many US citizens have been deported, or threatened with deportation, this way? If they know a homeless person doesn't have family to miss them, would ICE care if they were citizens?

A truly awful person that (apparently) took the cowards way out rather than do even one iota of good. If there's a hell, hes there now.

figmentPez

Staff member
The White House Readies Draft of Executive Order That Could Break the Internet

"The drafted order, of which CNN obtained a summary, is called Protecting Americans from Online Censorship, though in its current state it appears to more powerfully instill the fear of god in social networks with millions of active users than grant these users more freedom of speech. "

The order seeks to remove some of the protections that websites have against the content that users or 3rd parties post on their service.

Experts speculate that the removal of those protections could completely eliminate the ability to freely post online.

Companies should just not follow through. Fuck him.

The government determining what a private company can and can't allow on their platforms is the fucking height of anti-freedom of speech. The literal definition of what freedom of speech is supposed to protect against.

NBC News makes a point of describing the current owner of 8chan as a "US Army veteran." Why? What's the purpose of that? How is that information even slightly relevant to the rest of the story?

NBC News makes a point of describing the current owner of 8chan as a "US Army veteran." Why? What's the purpose of that? How is that information even slightly relevant to the rest of the story?
Ooh-Rah Always Support Our Troops - Veterans Are Awesome and Being Against Them is Anti-patriotic and Communist.

Except if those veterans are disabled/ill because of the war an dhave to result to beggin, then they're trash. Oh, or if they're black, I guess.

Ooh-Rah Always Support Our Troops - Veterans Are Awesome and Being Against Them is Anti-patriotic and Communist.

Except if those veterans are disabled/ill because of the war an dhave to result to beggin, then they're trash. Oh, or if they're black, I guess.
I... don't think so. Because it's common here when someone does something horrific, the lede mentions if the perpetrator is a veteran.

I... don't think so. Because it's common here when someone does something horrific, the lede mentions if the perpetrator is a veteran.
I've seen it used both ways. Sometimes it's used to garner sympathy, other times to vilify, like, "look how damaged and dangerous they are". I didn't see what report you read/saw to understand why it was brought up. IIRC, I saw an article online how that guy used some contacts from his time in the military to set it up? Or I could be thinking of a different guy.

Dave

Staff member
Guys...This guy is promoting white supremacy. The "Army Soldier" thing is to pave the way for mental health or PTSD or some shit.

Guys...This guy is promoting white supremacy. The "Army Soldier" thing is to pave the way for mental health or PTSD or some shit.
Sorry, I should have clarified this is the way media brings up military service in general. This guy is garbage, regardless.

Yeah, I guess paying triads to beat the shit out of protestors isn't enough for the Chinese government. Time to just straight up disappear some folk.

Hoping for the best for Hong Kong.

It worked before...

Of course, now everyone has a camera... lets hope that helps...
Everyone has a camera, very few have access to places they can upload it. Would not be surprised if the current regime looked at China's internet restrictions and thought it was a good idea!