Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Why aren't the board (bored) members of Fortune 500 companies not Liberal? What are the conservatives doing to keep Liberals from making obscene money?

Also, bear in mind that new startups that male it big often heave quite liberal views on top, but older, more settled companies will gravitate towards having more defensive, keep-things-as-they-are leadership.
Tesla and Google and Amazon probably don't have conservative leadership (yet). Banks probably do.

Also, bear in mind that new startups that male it big often heave quite liberal views on top, but older, more settled companies will gravitate towards having more defensive, keep-things-as-they-are leadership.
Tesla and Google and Amazon probably don't have conservative leadership (yet). Banks probably do.
Tesla, Google, and Amazon all have conservative leadership. That they are socially liberal in (some) beliefs doesn't change the fact that these companies are owned and operated by mostly white men who claim to want to hire more women and minorities but have done basically nothing to do it because that would require actual effort and self reflection. Google refuses to release an algorithm that could tackle white supremacy in it's search engines and Youtube because some right wing politics are indistinguishable from white supremacy and feels uncomfortable censoring even it's most persistent offenders/doesn't want a conservative government breaking it up. Amazon wants to eliminate as much of it's workforce as possible, while abusing it's remaining workers and preventing their unionization... while driving competing businesses out of the market in order to become the place to buy EVERYTHING. Tesla is a car company that produces novelty electric Ferraris that only millionaires can afford instead of cheap, sturdy electric vehicles for the public at large.

None of these are liberal positions, they are all just companies run by free market technocrat conservative dudebros who just happen to have no particular personal qualms about a person's race, gender, sexual preferences, or other identity issues. That doesn't make them liberal nor does it make their companies liberal. There is more to being on the Left than just not caring about identity.

Actually, if anything, the left cares more about identity than the right does.
And I'll believe that position when the Right is willing to sever it's ties with white supremacy and evangelicals. The Right doesn't care less about identity politics, it just cares about different identity politics.

Actually, if anything, the left cares more about identity than the right does.
True, the right doesn't care about your identity as long as you pretend it doesn't exist and just marry a woman like God intended.

Also, here's a nifty chart:

I'm willing to bet those over 10% who still disprove aren't lefties...

True, the right doesn't care about your identity as long as you pretend it doesn't exist and just marry a woman like God intended.

Also, here's a nifty chart:

I'm willing to bet those over 10% who still disprove aren't lefties...

It's kind of funny how you're using this chart to mock or condemn people on the right, but in reality, you should be jumping for joy. Try asking the same question in this poll somewhere else, like Korea or India, just replace "white". Heck, the Washington post already sorta did:

Except this was only about neighbors, let alone marriage. Even the liberal bastion of Europe falls mostly flat compared to the United States.

Let's see how Hong Kong faired:

Hongkongers surveyed didn't want to live next door to:
  • Drug addicts (10 per cent)
  • Heavy drinkers (16 per cent)
  • Emotionally unstable people (17 per cent)
  • People with a criminal record (42.4 per cent)
  • People who have Aids (43.1 per cent)
  • Homosexuals (48.6 per cent)
  • People of a different race (71.8 per cent)
  • Immigrants/foreign workers (78 per cent)

Hong kongers would rather live next to a drug addict than, heaven forbid, someone of a different race.

Do you guys have any idea how lucky I was not to have to deal with fallout after Jun told her family we were dating? I once dated a girl back in Tianjin, who, upon telling her father we were together, was told in no uncertain terms that if she decided to stay with me, her family was going to cut her off. I was told by Korean co-workers at the international school I was working at that I shouldn't date Koreans, because "we need to keep our blood pure." I am in a very diverse dental program, and out of 103 students in my particular class, I could count on one hand how many of my non-white classmates would date, or be allowed to date, outside of their race. In fact, my Turkish classmate, who had been dating a white girl for a couple years, finally told his family, and he was told he needed to choose her, or his family, because they would never accept someone non-Turkish.

Nothing in my all my years abroad and since, has ever convinced me that Americans of all stripes, are nothing but among the most tolerant people on the planet. I've heard and seen things that would make the most slack-jawed Alabama, confederate-flag waving yokel, blush.

10%. You should be fucking ecstatic over 10%. Apparently even the vast majority of the conservative elements in the United States are fine with mixed marriages. You need to get an American flag tattooed on your ass in appreciation.

Nothing in my all my years abroad and since, has ever convinced me that Americans of all stripes, are nothing but among the most tolerant people on the planet. I've heard and seen things that would make the most slack-jawed Alabama, confederate-flag waving yokel, blush.
I feel for you, man. I marked "agree," but let's just pretend I also marked brofist, hugs, and informative. I've never been to China, but after spending even a few months in Europe I have no trouble believing what you say. There's only one person I've ever watched be genuinely accepted by the locals just about everywhere he went, and I truly envy that kind of ease, that ability to get people to accept you. That's a rare talent.

--Patrick

Apparently budget problems were so bad the government had to trick a five year old girl into signing her rights away. Truly terrible how budget concerns made a government agent trick a 5 year old girl into signing her rights away so the government could keep her locked up longer.

It's kind of funny how you're using this chart to mock or condemn people on the right, but in reality, you should be jumping for joy. Try asking the same question in this poll somewhere else, like Korea or India, just replace "white". Heck, the Washington post already sorta did:

Except this was only about neighbors, let alone marriage. Even the liberal bastion of Europe falls mostly flat compared to the United States.

Let's see how Hong Kong faired:

Hongkongers surveyed didn't want to live next door to:
  • Drug addicts (10 per cent)
  • Heavy drinkers (16 per cent)
  • Emotionally unstable people (17 per cent)
  • People with a criminal record (42.4 per cent)
  • People who have Aids (43.1 per cent)
  • Homosexuals (48.6 per cent)
  • People of a different race (71.8 per cent)
  • Immigrants/foreign workers (78 per cent)

Hong kongers would rather live next to a drug addict than, heaven forbid, someone of a different race.

Do you guys have any idea how lucky I was not to have to deal with fallout after Jun told her family we were dating? I once dated a girl back in Tianjin, who, upon telling her father we were together, was told in no uncertain terms that if she decided to stay with me, her family was going to cut her off. I was told by Korean co-workers at the international school I was working at that I shouldn't date Koreans, because "we need to keep our blood pure." I am in a very diverse dental program, and out of 103 students in my particular class, I could count on one hand how many of my non-white classmates would date, or be allowed to date, outside of their race. In fact, my Turkish classmate, who had been dating a white girl for a couple years, finally told his family, and he was told he needed to choose her, or his family, because they would never accept someone non-Turkish.

10%. You should be fucking ecstatic over 10%. Apparently even the vast majority of the conservative elements in the United States are fine with mixed marriages. You need to get an American flag tattooed on your ass in appreciation.

Ah yes, the ol' "but they're more racist somewhere else"...

That's a really good counter to proving Gas's claim that "the left cares more about identity than the right does" wrong...

Out of curiosity, how many of them do you think are black?
Funny you should ask, because i actually didn't use the chart that showed that difference because i figured some conservatives would not be white, but hey, here you go:

So, to answer your question, it's around 4% (which is why i used 10% btw, since they're both fro the same gallup article).

Really, I had wanted to imply that we need to be careful to not draw conclusions that aren't supported in the data.
So you don't think there are any black conservatives?

Ah yes, the ol' "but they're more racist somewhere else"...
He did not present the graphic to excuse the USA's behavior, as you seem to be implying. He presented it to illustrate just how pervasive racial prejudice is worldwide, if what we have here in the USA is ranked as "the lowest."

--Patrick

He did not present the graphic to excuse the USA's behavior, as you seem to be implying. He presented it to illustrate just how pervasive racial prejudice is worldwide, if what we have here in the USA is ranked as "the lowest."

--Patrick
Did you miss the last phrase in his post or something: "You need to get an American flag tattooed on your ass in appreciation." Or does "appreciation" mean something else in eaglelandia?

And even if you where right, it still wouldn't change the fact that it's a pointless aside to what i was arguing about vis-a-vis of Gas' statement. Hell, i'd even say his aside is more support against Gas' argument, since the reason why the US is at that point is because of those liberals that care too much about "identity" slowly rising that % ever since the 60's (i mean it was under 50% in damn 1995).

figmentPez

Staff member
Two hotel chains, Marriott and Choice Hotels, say they won't let ICE use their rooms as detention facilities.

"If hotels or other places do not want to allow us to utilize that, it's almost forcing us into a situation where we're going to have to take one of the parents and put them in custody and separate them from the rest of their families," the director of ICE said in an interview with the Associated Press.

And this morally bankrupt administration continues to double-down on the standard abuser tactic of "you're making me do this to you; I wouldn't have to hurt you if you weren't trying to resist me".

Also, how long until they try and force hotels to comply, and the Third Amendment finally gets to see some action?!

Two hotel chains, Marriott and Choice Hotels, say they won't let ICE use their rooms as detention facilities.

"If hotels or other places do not want to allow us to utilize that, it's almost forcing us into a situation where we're going to have to take one of the parents and put them in custody and separate them from the rest of their families," the director of ICE said in an interview with the Associated Press.

And this morally bankrupt administration continues to double-down on the standard abuser tactic of "you're making me do this to you; I wouldn't have to hurt you if you weren't trying to resist me".

Also, how long until they try and force hotels to comply, and the Third Amendment finally gets to see some action?!
I see some owners or GMs thinking "It's revenue! Can't pass up revenue!" :facepalm:

Dave

Staff member
So there was a story on NPR this morning about a family from Honduras who came over illegally. Mom has a heart condition and they could not get what they needed there. But that's not what the story was about. ICE agents said, "Okay, the mom can stay but the dad is being deported."

And then they made the kids choose which parent they wanted to stay with. Even THAT - terrible as it is - didn't make the story over the top. The 3 year old daughter. One of the kids who had to choose which parent to stay with. Her name is Sophie.

You can't make this shit up, folks.

Rand Paul blocked the 9/11 first responders extension vote.

Rand Paul's excuse, the out of control federal debt.

Rand Paul also voted for the trillion dollar corporate tax cuts.

Rand Paul is fucking piece of shit.

Which makes this administration truly the worst scum. "Oh, we won't serve, but if you did, great, go back where you came from". Just hideous, horrible, substandard humans.

Can someone explain to me how people who aren't US citizens are allowed to serve in the US military?

US Army veteran who served two tours in Afghanistan has been deported to Mexico
Which makes this administration truly the worst scum. "Oh, we won't serve, but if you did, great, go back where you came from". Just hideous, horrible, substandard humans.
Or he was an idiot who didn't apply for citizenship while INSIDE the military (that's in the USCIS link)? Or given that he arrived at age 8 (legally), as soon as he became an adult (or his parents on his behalf before that). And the link has how he was convicted of a crime. I'm willing to go with the idea that his service traumatized him, and it drove him to drugs. Tragic, and it happens, I fully acknowledge.

This doesn't stop him from being an idiot and not applying for at LEAST 20 years (article says he's 39) before that conviction, including while inside the military. Like between the deployments. Or any other time. If you're not a citizen (in this case due to stupidity) and are convicted of a crime, you're deported. Your previous service, while great, doesn't excuse you from the law.

Always here to justify garbage like that. He's been in the US for 30 years. He's a military veteran of multiple tours. He's obviously had MANY struggles since his military days with substance abuse issues and PTSD (something common among vets). He just got sent to a country he's barely known his entire life, likely to die or kill at the hands of cartels, since as he says, he is a prime candidate thanks to his combat training.

But yeah, he was an idiot. Justified.