Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Dave

Staff member
So a gunman in New Zealand decided he hated muslims so much he shot up a mosque. There may be another person as two mosques were shot. They also found a suspected car bomb.

The gunman posted a screed on Twitter - 70 pages - about how the white man was being ruined and wiped out by muslims. He livestreamed the shooting - no I don't have a link nor have I looked for one. The video I did watch was right before he went in he said something like, "Remember, subscribe to PewDiePie."

Right now they are saying 6 dead but that number may get up into the 30's.

48 dead, 49 wounded so far.
It's odd, I have family living right in Chr!istchurhc, and there's....Barely 40 muslims there? Given the White Man's pretty much a modern addition to NZ, you'd imagine they'd still be OK with migration . Oh well, dumbfuck terrorists exist everywhere I guess.

I can't even imagine staying in the public life after someone commits an atrocity like this and shouts me out beforehand. Ghouls like Stephan Molyneux, Lauren Southern and others who apparently inspired these (this) pieces of shit.

I literally just listened to a podcast about George Lincoln Rockwell (The first Neo-Nazi, inventor of the phrase white power, the original free speech warrior, college campus right wing speaker, the first holocaust denier, ETC, ETC) and it's funny how all these right-wing grifters all still follow his playbook in radicalizing young white dudes.

Last edited:
Opposition is also the preferred military term for "bad guys with guns" because they got raked over the coals 15 years ago for calling them "bad guys" where a reporter could hear it.
Your not in the military,
Opposition is also the preferred military term for "bad guys with guns" because they got raked over the coals 15 years ago for calling them "bad guys" where a reporter could hear it.
Funny how that got applied to both when Fox News era started.

So a gunman in New Zealand decided he hated muslims so much he shot up a mosque.
Australia government immediately moves to ban all semiautomatic weapons:
Attorney-General David Parker said the Government would ban semi-automatic rifles [and] warned of a global rise of extremism.
"How can it be right for this atrocity to be filmed by the murderer using a go-pro and live-streamed across the world by social media companies? How can that be right? Who should be held accountable for that?"
No word on whether social media or GoPro will also be (EDIT: officially) banned/censored.
The video I did watch was right before he went in he said something like, "Remember, subscribe to PewDiePie."
Reddit immediately moves to ban or censor multiple subreddits presumably in an attempt to head off some kind of official government sanction:

deaddit.png

Meanwhile a Missouri rep introduces a bill (last month) requiring AR-15 ownership. Yes, really.

Time for someone to cover Buffalo Springfield. I vote Dave Grohl.
Battle lines being drawn/Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Your not in the military,
No, but that's irrelevant. The primary marketing draw of the AR-15 is that it is as close to an actual military M-16 as you can get without enlisting, so it would make sense to use military jargon in selling it.

Last edited:
But, to make sure everyone has one, won't they need to set up a government registry to keep track of who has their required guns and who hasn't gotten it yet?

If that bill makes it to a vote, we'll know which Missouri lawmakers own Dahl stock.

(And of course we already know that Trump is owned by Vladof.)

Australia government immediately moves to ban all semiautomatic weapons:

No word on whether social media or GoPro will also be (EDIT: officially) banned/censored.

Reddit immediately moves to ban or censor multiple subreddits presumably in an attempt to head off some kind of official government sanction:

View attachment 28812

Meanwhile a Missouri rep introduces a bill (last month) requiring AR-15 ownership. Yes, really.

Time for someone to cover Buffalo Springfield. I vote Dave Grohl.
Battle lines being drawn/Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

--Patrick

The fastest way for that bill to be voted down is to remind them that this means black and brown people will also have AR-15s.

The fastest way for that bill to be voted down is to remind them that this means black and brown people will also have AR-15s.
Yeah you can bet he forgot that little detail. That's why Reagan instituted gun control in California, after all.

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a mass shooting this morning in Utrecht, Netherlands. That's really close to where Pauline was from (Hilversum).

It looks like 3 dead, 9 wounded, so technically it's not a mass shooting by FBI standards. They're not saying yet if it's a terror attack, but it looks like the suspected gunman is a Turkish immigrant who was on a Dutch watch list and fought in Chechnya and Syria. It's the first multiple shooting in the Netherlands since 2011.

It looks like the shooter deliberately fired on a woman, and then on anyone who tried to help the woman.

However, it's still not clear if a terrorist attack took place or not.

Ehh, on Dutch tv they're calling it a terrorist attack. Whether or not it's linked to the attack in New Zealand is another matter. Both Belgian and Dutch media received messages saying there would be retaliation for that attack. Why Belgium and the Netherlands? Beats me, but it's true. We're on heightened alert, too, anyway.

I appreciate that Elizabeth Warren wants to break down Facebook, Google, Amazon, and abolish the electoral college, but all these things pretty much guarantee she's not getting elected.

GasBandit

Staff member
And that one Ontario guy saying "It's not so bad here, I usually don't have to wait more than a few hours."

If any of the ERs around my area have a wait time of over 10 minutes, shit starts getting real. All the major hospitals and freestanding ERs have billboards around town with electronically updated "ER wait time is now __ minutes" displays, and I seldom see them go over 6 minutes. Competition in action?

Last edited:
I had to wait in the E.R. 8 hours once. It depends on the level on your emergency. The more life-threatening, the faster you move up.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had to wait in the E.R. 8 hours once. It depends on the level on your emergency. The more life-threatening, the faster you move up.
Well, meaning nothing personal by it, I can only say I am once again given a reason to be thankful I am not living in the highly populated upper east coast area.

And I'm also glad your 8 hour emergency wait didn't kill you, obviously.

Last edited: