Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

You're far from the first poster to try the "you used to be interesting but now boy are you entertaining" line with me. You won't be the last. I don't mold myself to forumite opinion. I'm here for my amusement, not yours.
It's not a line, I actually find you completely hilarious now. You very much are here now for my amusement as now I can view your posts the way I view Charlie's completely and every single time. Thank you.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's not a line, I actually find you completely hilarious now. You very much are here now for my amusement as now I can view your posts the way I view Charlie's completely and every single time. Thank you.
... You're welcome? I guess? Just keep coming back and disagreeing with me and we'll get along fine.

You're far from the first poster to try the "you used to be interesting but now boy are you entertaining" line with me. You won't be the last. I don't mold myself to forumite opinion. I'm here for my amusement, not yours.[DOUBLEPOST=1352321646][/DOUBLEPOST]
And yet you keep on coming back in. I think you find "sanity" boring.
I think I stopped trying to fix the crazies and just accepted little nudges work better than electrotherapy.

Gas is basically an every man for himself brand of Libertarian. Basically what far far right Republicans should be, except they decided that it should mean religious crazies instead.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Gas is basically an every man for himself brand of Libertarian. Basically what far far right Republicans should be, except they decided that it should mean religious crazies instead.
Pretty much. Although I am actually waiting for the day when he informs us that he is now communicating with us via a complicated system of wi-fi hacks, smoke signals and trained squirrels from his bunker in an undisclosed wilderness location, where he will wait out the dissolution of the United States with his stockpile of gold, guns, ammo and spam - all of which will make him a superior breeding partner in the post-apocalyptic future, all women wanting a share of his man-gravy :p

So, Obama won...is it sad that I just don't care? The past 3 elections I've felt SOME sort of emotion but this one I just feel nothing. Its weird, man.

GasBandit

Staff member
honestly I could care less.
(eye twitch)

The phrase.

Is.

COULDN'T.

If you "could" care less, you actually care an undetermined amount ranging from a little to obsessively.

Ahem.

Now then.

So you never were "rooting" for any candidate, never hoped one or the other or a third would win?

I'm really kind-of done with the American Democratic process in general. I used to tell myself "Sure all politicians are dicks, but you can't let the dickier dick win!" I am done. And it wasn't disapointment that caused me to feel this, but it was the feeling of nothing at all.

All is not rosy: Wisconsin is back to where it was in 2010. GOP has control of the legislature and the governor's mansion.

Act 10 was just the beginning.

He'll be old enough to vote soon enough. Then he'll have to curse at robo calls like the rest of you (I thankfully never recieved one this year).
This this my recurring joke right? Pretending to be older than I say I am? I am okay with that, its pretty funny.

And yeah those robo-calls are pretty dumb, I actually got one yesterday. Does that make sense? Sending out a robo-call THE DAY of the election? Its odd to me.

On the topic of stupid, dickish things to say...

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I am so proud of the country. To reelect this president and overcoming -- not because of the partisanship or even the policies. Here's an African-American guy with an unusual background -- part immigrant background, part African-American background -- with all this assault on him from day one. From Mitch McConnell, from the clowns out there that will never be elected, never will be to anything.

And the way he took it, as someone said, with coolness and charm and dignity and took it and took it and kept moving forward and doing his job. And the American people, and I know we look at these percentage, 40% of white vote. Fine. That's about right among Democrats in the last couple cycles, three cycles or four. Good work for them. Good work for him. A good day for America.

I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things. No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.

The man really needs to learn when to shut his mouth.

I'm actually scared to go back through my Caller ID and see how many Robocalls and such I was getting. I swear it was three times a day.

I want to say I'm floored by what I experienced by tuning into the GoP Talking Heads and Fox News yesterday but I'm not:

The consensus of these GoP radio/TV shows are that the only reasons Mitt Romney lost are as follows:
A: Romney was almost right in the 47% video. It was really 51% of America that are free loading unemployed losers who want everything given to them. 51% of America. If you voted Obama you're a leech.
B: Romney was destroyed by Obama's dirty politics campaign. Mitt ran an honest, truthful campaign and Obama won because Obama's campaign lied. If Romney had just done some lying in his campaign he would have won.
C: Romney was killed by the biased media against him that supported Obama and ignored all the bad things Obama did.
D: America is no longer a -True- America. Real Americans voted for Romney and since he lost, America is now a majority of Non-Americans.

Do I even have to explain the ridiculousness of this? I mean like I said, I'm not surprised, the GoP ran from a mythical land of self-lies the entire time but for them to STILL not get it after this election is baffling. They feel if they embrace Gay Equality, helping immigrants become legal and giving the woman to choose what she does with her own body that they'll just become Cloned Democrats. To them, it's -Not The Answer-. Yet many of them followed up by asking -How do we get more of the Latino vote? How do we get more of the woman vote?- well dipshit they voted for Obama because his campaign actually tries helping those two demographics. Go figure.

This isn't even just from one source, I watched/listened to 12hrs of different GoP programs yesterday and this was echoed through them all.