Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

For the record, if Obama had been running on a platform of removing illegals and keeping them out of our country, then refused to release his Birth Records, I would have also been on the bandwagon.

It's simple, you can't run on a platform of something the refuse to partake in the very thing you're attacking others for. Romney can't run on a tax platform when he's done nothing but avoid doing his own. If he has been, then there'd be no issue in releasing those documents, a practice his OWN FATHER put into place for political candidates.

I've always been of the mind of -If you have nothing to hide, then you can be as transparent as you need to be if you're in a public office.-

I think people would call Romney "stupid" for not taking advantage of all legal means of avoiding tax. But when he does, then you get your argument Gilgamesh.

I see no problem with a candidate taking advantage of every inch possible through the law, but still campaigning on a "I want to change the exemption laws" platform. Anything else and it'd be "look how irresponsible he is with his own money!" being bantered about.

That article is somewhat interesting I suppose, but doesn't really say anything unexpected. The real question regarding Romney's recalcitrance with releasing his taxes (side note: yay alliteration!) is if he took part in the 2009 amnesty program, which I would think would be politically devastating. And there's some interesting circumstantial evidence that he did so. Still, unless it actually gets leaked, it's all just speculation.

Perhaps he is playing politics but even when he's been Anti-Obama, he's been the classiest person around, even when compared to other 2016 Repub hopefuls.

Christie is a man I might have considered voting for, if we had gotten a chance to see more of his policies and stances.

I still have my personal vendetta against Christi( the whole almost getting my dad and a bunch of other teachers fired thing) but at least he's smart enough to know Romney is an idiot.

GasBandit

Staff member
In all honesty I'll probably just check the scores monday, myself.

People care about football still? Why can't it die the quiet death that baseball currently is?
I only care about it inasmuch as it is occasionally cited as a predictor for something not football-related.

I would post the video of Romney and talking about Mormonism in a bad way, caught during a commercial break during a radio show but I'm just so tired of this whole shebang now that I'm going to just wait and see how the election turns out. Though I will probably live-post throughout the voting night.

GasBandit

Staff member
One day to go. Tomorrow America picks whether it wants a large, obtrusive government that dictates what you can do with your money or a large, obtrusive government that dictates what you can do with your body. It's been an entertaining race, in a gallows-humor sort of way, and let me just say -

No matter who wins, you assholes deserve it.

That's because you've never had any, and probably never will :D
I never will make $250k a year and that's perfectly alright by me as long as I know my daughter will have the same opportunities and equal rights as my boys. If any of them turn out to be gay, I can feel better knowing that they have a better opportunity at equality. My wife, a middle school math teacher won't have her class room sizes grow more than they are already bursting at the seems and her career will be given better funding. Finally, myself, going back to college soon to get a full career degree will have better opportunities at making it financially at school.

One day to go. Tomorrow America picks whether it wants a large, obtrusive government that dictates what you can do with your money or a large, obtrusive government that dictates what you can do with your body. It's been an entertaining race, in a gallows-humor sort of way, and let me just say -

No matter who wins, you assholes deserve it.
Whenever you whine and bitch about something, I just think we must be on the right track.