Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

The difference in the margin of victory in the popular vote hasn't been greater than 8.5% since Reagan's second term (1984). If you can get half of those votes to go the other way (or not vote at all), you've got a chance.

GasBandit

Staff member
The difference in the margin of victory in the popular vote hasn't been greater than 8.5% since Reagan's second term (1984). If you can get half of those votes to go the other way (or not vote at all), you've got a chance.
It'll be a hard sell. Ohio's deep, deep union territory.

But UH OH, what's this? A totally real and not faked home movie of Barack Obama's 1961 birth in Kenya! Shot on Super 8 film... which wasn't invented until 1965. And the Kenyan national flag is prominent on the patient chart... which wasn't adopted until 1963.

Jeezus that's a huge newborn. And it can hold it's own head up right out of the womb!

Come ON guys, enough with the birther crap.

Yeah, Ohio is not just union, but car country as well. There's talk the auto bailout is paying big for Obama.

And wow, that is something Gas. I feel horrid for the people who really need to keep going back to that.

Yeah, you haven't seen a Union demonstration like we have here in Ohio. I used to remark that I worked for the mob back when I was with my union (and still working).

When were the laws governing CRUT's put into place? They look like they've been around for decades (although I admit I can't find any reliable sources on that).

Also, saying that he paid zero taxes for 15 years is pure hyperbole. Even with the large charitable donations and usage of CRUT's he still paid taxes. Just less taxes than someone earning much less than him... which does seem to be pretty stupid.

When were the laws governing CRUT's put into place? They look like they've been around for decades (although I admit I can't find any reliable sources on that).

Also, saying that he paid zero taxes for 15 years is pure hyperbole. Even with the large charitable donations and usage of CRUT's he still paid taxes. Just less taxes than someone earning much less than him... which does seem to be pretty stupid.
If he actually WAS donating it to charity, perhaps. But since the fund is designed so that his actual charitable donation is approximately zero, the donation is a lie.

I'd say that's a giant problem with CRUT's more than his insistence on using them. They sound like total bullshit to me. Tax write-offs for legitimate charitable donations are fine and dandy (I don't think many people have problems with that) but creating some wonky trust fund where you get a guaranteed stream of tax free revenue and the actual "charity" gets whatever is leftover after it's been horribly devalued seems really dumb.

It is a giant problem. You're completely right.

However a candidate that goes on to bitch and attack people who don't pay taxes, then doesn't do it himself is the issue here.

It is a giant problem. You're completely right.

However a candidate that goes on to bitch and attack people who don't pay taxes, then doesn't do it himself is the issue here.
He's going to close corporate loopholes to fix the economy. He knows how to do it, because he's been abusing them for years.

Sadly, if he actually wanted to do this he could probably do a pretty good job of it.
Except, he wouldn't. That's his whole purpose of getting into the White House. There's actual footage of him saying that making -real- money is getting into Washington. If anything he's going to blow loopholes wide open.

Except, he wouldn't. That's his whole purpose of getting into the White House. There's actual footage of him saying that making -real- money is getting into Washington. If anything he's going to blow loopholes wide open.

You've got it all wrong... there's only going to loopholes for him. Everyone else needs to pay taxes.

Let’s say you’re in the mood for a coffee. You pop into the cafe, order your drink and are informed by the barista that the cost of the coffee is $1.99 in the regular white cardboard cup – or $1.59 if you opt for a blue cardboard cup. In most cases, unless you really have a thing against blue cups (or happen to be a NCSU fan), you’d opt for the cheaper cup, right? We always want to pay less.
:rofl:
It's funny because it's true. Drokking UNC.

The point was his pre-2010 taxes are not being released because he's not paying taxes directly and wasn't for all those years.

The only reason you think he paid 3 million per year is based on his past 2 years, which he allowed shown because he was no longer funneling his money through tax loop holes.

Now we know why he won't show his pre-2010 tax returns.

GasBandit

Staff member
Now just a minute... I thought he was taking advantage of this for "15 years," and it was something instituted in 1999, but now it's not about his 2010 and 2011 taxes?