Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

After seeing what a fucking shitshow the Russian military is, it's kind of refreshing to be reminded that the American military is also a bit of a shitshow right now too.

So many people have commented that Twitter, etc. all suddenly became so much more Biden-friendly, it was uncanny.
Wish I had a link, but a day or two ago someone compiled a list of the biggest trending topics on Twitter, and last month it was right wing personalities like Ben Shapiro and Sean Hannity, now at the start of this month with the full Twitter and Facebook bans in Russia, all the trending topics have drastically changed to less specific people and more general topics, many of them left wing. This puts a whole new perspective to me on how the world was going, considering you see people carrying Trump flags in places like Canada and Australia, Russia has weaponized right wing grievances all over the world and helped trend those willing to push that narrative locally.

This might explain something about politics in the US:
I'm not convinced. I literally handled, melted, and molded my own lead and mercury as a kid without the use of any safety equipment, and while i will someday see whether that had any lasting effects on my health, it certainly hasn't made my political values any more conservative.

--Patrick

This freedom fries bullshit is so stupid.

Next you'll tell me that Kraft is changing the name of Russian dressing.

People were whining about pro wrestler Leyla Hirsch wearing Russian colors (she's Russian).

I'm not convinced. I literally handled, melted, and molded my own lead and mercury as a kid without the use of any safety equipment, and while i will someday see whether that had any lasting effects on my health, it certainly hasn't made my political values any more conservative.

--Patrick
I dont remember about mercury, but im pretty sure lead doesn't get though skin.

Leaded gasoline was more of an issue because of the fumes.

Also, there's a reason why anecdotes aren't useful on their own.

I dont remember about mercury, but im pretty sure lead doesn't get though skin.
Ah but it does easily rub off onto skin when handled, where it can then be ingested, and there is also an inhalation hazard when near molten lead. Not to mention that I grew up in a house built well before the 1978 cutoff.
there's a reason why anecdotes aren't useful on their own.
Maybe not as data, but certainly as the inspiration for a postulate—as in, “What makes my situation different, or is it NOT different and I am just not realizing it?”

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I am ready to murder truckers like they murder whores.

JFC I am tired of their shit permeating my fucking FaceBook searches.
You know who I feel sorry for? Officer_Charon. First he was a cop. Now he's a truck driver. Poor guy can't catch a break with his profession.

You know who I feel sorry for? Officer_Charon. First he was a cop. Now he's a truck driver. Poor guy can't catch a break with his profession.
Can we do a fundraiser for him to become a political representative or lobbyist? If we're going to be destroying career choices might as well try to hurt the ones who are actually dicks.

GasBandit

Staff member

figmentPez

Staff member
Fuck Texas Republicans/conservatives and anyone who doesn't actively oppose them:
Fuck Missouri conservatives as well:
Editorial: Missouri bill to outlaw abortion in ectopic pregnancies is effectively a death sentence

The law specifically calls for felony charges when “The abortion was performed or induced or was attempted to be performed or induced on a woman who has an ectopic pregnancy”

There's no way to carry an ectopic pregnancy to term. Period. Many medical professionals don't even consider the treatment of an ectopic pregnancy to be an abortion, since it's not a viable pregnancy to begin with.