Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

The problem is even today (like, LITERALLY TODAY) the catholic church is saying that they shouldn't kick out pedophile priests for two horrible reasons-

1.) It keeps them in their flock and they can then keep them away from others
2.) Oh boy, it just isn't fair to assume they are guilty without evidence.

Now, I kinda get the second. YEAH, GET EVIDENCE. But that doesn't mean while you are getting evidence they should be out there in society, playing a cup and balls game (no pun intended) of hide the pedophile.

Dave

Staff member
Back in the 80's I wanted to start a business but couldn't get the startup cash. It was a try it before you buy it computer software store.

I'd have had multiple gaming computers set up with LAN hookups (the internet wasn't really a thing then). The computers would each have the games loaded on them. People would be able to come in and play the games. If they liked them, they might just buy them. If they didn't they wouldn't. Could have had tournaments and events, etc. I was told at the time it was a dumb idea and was not economically viable. Yet all my gaming friends were like, "Dude that would be awesome!!"

If I had more money I'd have been on the cutting edge of a few things - like the VR arcade that I wanted to start before anyone else.

*sigh*

The only reason it was "nonviable" is because so much of capitalism depends on people buying products that the can't effectively get a refund for. Hence why "try before you buy" isn't more widespread in the video game industry anymore: you know within minutes if the game is something you'd want to buy. If they know the game is shit, they still need to recoup at least the development costs before consumers catch on or they're fucked when trying to do the next title.

It's all a shell game. They don't care if you like the game or not, they just want your money.

Dave

Staff member
This was back in the 80's when that was not the case. Back then companies made games that were complete and were not just cash grabs.

I like to remind everybody this is still a thing. Video is 4 month old but still relevant.

The EUs goal seems to be to make the Internet for everybody unattractive to use so they don't have to invest money to extend the bandwidth.

Last edited:
I think perception is skewed because back then, Nintendo was really the biggest game around, and they actually had a quality standard. (One that Sega adopted to compete) If you were like me and only really played Nintendo and Sega, it would feel like the games were more complete.

Now If you owned an Atari, Commadore, Magnavox, or god forbid the CD-I, you were usually in for some mediocre at best and absolute shit at worst.

The state GOP has brought shame and disgrace to WV yet again. We're a national joke. Again. Fuck Republicans. Every last motherfucking one of you.

The state GOP has brought shame and disgrace to WV yet again. We're a national joke. Again. Fuck Republicans. Every last motherfucking one of you.
I just looked it up.

That's . . . Wow.

Spoiler Alert: They're all just gonna gang up on the angry, door-kicking Democrat, and keep on racisting.

I've mentioned before that I think the right is terrified of AOC. Someone disagreed with me, but look at this shit. Look how pathetic this is.

SHE RIDES IN CARS. That's their big HOOOO-GOTCHA! It's.....the saddest shit.

I've mentioned before that I think the right is terrified of AOC. Someone disagreed with me, but look at this shit. Look how pathetic this is.

SHE RIDES IN CARS. That's their big HOOOO-GOTCHA! It's.....the saddest shit.

I really hate the narrative that people living their lives is the primary source of carbon dioxide. Like if we remembered to turn off the lights when we left the room and wore sweaters inside poof no more climate change.

I also think it's hilarious that she attends more briefings and such as expected of a congressperson than anyone else in congress....because she doesn't have to spend any time meeting with and catering to donors. And she pays her staff a living wage for DC, something apparently very rare. What a monster.

I also think it's hilarious that she attends more briefings and such as expected of a congressperson than anyone else in congress....because she doesn't have to spend any time meeting with and catering to donors. And she pays her staff a living wage for DC, something apparently very rare. What a monster.
Oh, and the shit she got for paying her staff a living wage, because people don't understand how Congressional staffers are paid. Basically, every congressman is given a budget to allocate to their staff. Most congress members pay them the minimum and hire a large staff. Now, in turn that staff will general turn to other means to make a living wage - like, say, by selling access to their representative, or sitting in on meetings and helping push their sponsor's objective to their boss. Instead, she's got a smaller staff that's making a living wage. It's part of trying to break the "circle of lobbying" in DC politics.

It's not even her green deal or politics they're afraid of, but that every state will start replacing their elite representatives with actual people.
Yeah, the guy she unseated was what? the 2nd most prominent Democrat in the house? sat in the house for 20 years? and a career politician of 30+ years? And she did it without corporate donors. It's the most revolutionary thing Washington has seen in decades.

PS: West Virginia GOP actual poster.

Fucking nightmare of a racist pile of trash government.

Wait, did you guys elect a Saudi to your government???

No?

Oh, right, Trump was just trying to get them nuclear technology faster... nEvEr FOrgEt!!!!

Dave

Staff member
So NDSU wins the Div II football championship. They get invited to the White House. Please note there's no government shutdown right now. So what do they get? Chick-fil-A & McDonald's.

My wife: "I'm really, truly, 100% convinced that the majority of this negativity directed toward AOC is because...they're attracted to her. And attractive women her age are only supposed to provide boners and blow jobs, not leadership and legislation."

--Patrick

My wife: "I'm really, truly, 100% convinced that the majority of this negativity directed toward AOC is because...they're attracted to her. And attractive women her age are only supposed to provide boners and blow jobs, not leadership and legislation."

--Patrick
Why not both?

That might be a small part of it, but I think on that level it's more that he can't use her looks as a way to diminish her, as often happens to women. God forbid someone should be stunning conventionally attractive, why should we value what she has to say? :rolleyes: