Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Man, after that Arizona lynching comment, I keep seeing stuff like this about Arizona.

Can't help feeling that people wanting to lynch me in Arizona would be a compliment.

Man, after that Arizona lynching comment, I keep seeing stuff like this about Arizona.

Can't help feeling that people wanting to lynch me in Arizona would be a compliment.

C'mon, that's just consistency, they've been trying to make them leave the land for hundreds of years.

Too Oniony for my tastes. I think practically everyone in AZ knows that the northeast part of the state is Navajo. Hell, it's named Navajo County for a reason.

Too Oniony for my tastes. I think practically everyone in AZ knows that the northeast part of the state is Navajo. Hell, it's named Navajo County for a reason.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-supporters-navajo-legislator-legal/
"We confirmed that one of the anti-immigration protesters did indeed ask an indigenous state representative whether or not he was “legal,” both through video footage of the incident and three corroborating interviews with Arizona state legislators who witnessed the scene "

With corroborating video.

It's just that after these started coming to light (and across multiple countries, yet), people still insist on calling them "Shocking" even though it is clearly not an isolated thing.

--Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Cheeto may have used that, but I don't recall any scoldings like that here.
Oh, I misunderstood what you were referencing.

In that case you'll be wanting: "This is actually a good thing. The government using heavy handed tactics is helping preserve freedom."

I swear this might be some sort of record. Rep. Ron DeSantis spoke to CNN just hours after becoming the Republican nominee for Governor of Florida in such a way to become embroiled in controversy:

I swear this might be some sort of record. Rep. Ron DeSantis spoke to CNN just hours after becoming the Republican nominee for Governor of Florida in such a way to become embroiled in controversy:
He's totally not racist though. Just because he called voting for his black opponent "monkeying it up," he didn't mean it racially, just that it would be stupid and bad for America. So, when does he start handing out white robes to his followers?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gency-over-same-sex-foster-care-idUSKCN1LF2EU

Oh, thank goodness. Asstards and ignoramuses shouldn't be anywhere near children, much less for such a ridiculous reason as "the foster parents caring for them don't love their spouses the same way we do".

And I'm not commenting on Catholics in general - I'm talking about the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and the Catholic Social Services organization for the area (which they operate).

I see Megan "Jesus is white" Kelly still sucks.
I realize that it's likely the administration will foul up the details (and I don't believe the final details are available), but I'm not quite sure how arguing for due process for the accused is a bad thing.

figmentPez

Staff member
I realize that it's likely the administration will foul up the details (and I don't believe the final details are available), but I'm not quite sure how arguing for due process for the accused is a bad thing.
It's a bad thing because it's falsely implying that the accused aren't getting due process.

It's a bad thing because it's falsely implying that the accused aren't getting due process.
If we're talking about Title IX proceedings, 'due process' is not what the accused get. The Dear Colleague letter made colleges scramble to create what, in cases, amounts to inquisitorial tribunals. There's been good mainstream writeups on these farces. Let's not pretend they're courts of law.

Edit: People not attending college (specially those economically/racially disadvantaged) are more likely to be rape/assault victims; the bipartisan and media focus on colleges, instead of poorer communities, smells.

Last edited: