Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Republicans are foul.

Basically, while debating whether or not Sessions is fit for the job, Democrats are now not allowed to say anything negative about him at all.

Fucking disgusting.

Warren read the letter outside the room directly afterwards.

Sessions was too racist for Republicans in 1986, but is now about to be in charge of the nation's police.

Last edited:
Trump supporters: Stopping Milo Yiannopolis from outing trans students in colleges is against free speech.

Trump supporters: GOOD, FUCK POCAHONTAS, SHE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK IN THE SENATE.

This frog faced fucking hypocrite bitch.

Dave

Staff member
Where was this outrage by the republicans in 2015 when Ted Cruz called Mitch McConnell a liar on the floor of the Senate? Did they do anything to bar him from speaking? Nope. And that was a direct attack.

I guess the rules are different depending on your party.

Necronic

Staff member
A few of those are pretty dumb false equivalencies, like the election-rigging vs the Russian election interference.

The others are pretty funny though

The word "warrant" does not appear at all in that article, and no aspersions are cast upon the legality of the action - just a lot of handwringing that illegals are being picked up for being in the country illegally.

Soooo you kinda lied in your initial post.
The warrantless comes from twitter accounts of ICE agents knocking and pushing their ways into homes, which they can't do without warrants.

Admittedly it was a flippant comment.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

As the guy dates his story to 2009, it should be clear this is nothing new. Even when they do go to court, the judges put on a front of forcible ignorance. "Being uninformed about the law is no excuse." "You can just go to some other part of Mexico." On occasion, there will be guys in that twitter's position who are wise to this and can figure ways through it with a lawyer. One guy got to stay because ICE was so overzealous when they broke into his house at night that they were yanking his sleeping kids out of bed, dragging them screaming to the living room where they intended to hold the family. The lawyer won the case by proving the kids were so traumatized that then deporting their father would cause irreparable psychological damage to those US citizens. But that's a drop in the buxket compared to what goes on. That twitter thread doesn't mention the women's facility at Nogales--well, at one women's facility in Texas there was a system of sexually abuse by the officers to the women there, short order being "either I get to fuck you or we separate you from your kids." Eventually this was discovered and, silver lining, those women became eligible for U visas as victims of crime perpetrated by US citizens, the kind of visa normally for abused spouses and victims of human trafficking.

Point is, anything you hear like the case above is just scratching the surface.

Dave

Staff member
Dear democrats,

Petitions aren't going to do a fucking thing. They never have, they never will. All they do is make you feel like you've done something when in fact you have not. Kinda like when people like or share things on Facebook and then don't go out to vote. You know, like the majority of the country?

So quit sending me emails and fuck off. This is all your fault anyway.

Sincerely,

Me.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, soon after he disappeared his wife put an ad on Facebook about needing a roommate. And all of his guns were gone from his safe. Yeah, I can't wait for the wife to be indicted.[DOUBLEPOST=1486914619,1486914455][/DOUBLEPOST]Put much better in a Reddit thread:
Look at the other details of this:
  • They were in the middle of a divorce.
  • She was the last person known to see him alive.
  • She says he got called away on a delivery by his employer. Employer says they made no such call.
  • Their safe was bashed open and emptied (which is usually where people keep vital records like their will). Nothing else was taken from the home.
It looks like the only thing the police have left to do is find the accomplice.

Yeah, soon after he disappeared his wife put an ad on Facebook about needing a roommate. And all of his guns were gone from his safe. Yeah, I can't wait for the wife to be indicted.[DOUBLEPOST=1486914619,1486914455][/DOUBLEPOST]Put much better in a Reddit thread:
Shit, I figured it was just an episode of Justified.

There is MUCH CONFUSION concerning HB 1406. The reason for this bill is as followed. A couple
of months ago, the state¹s Attorney General filed a brief in a lawsuit
related to this statute TCA 68-3-306 in which he said that the law, as written and
enacted, was unconstitutional. It is not unusual for the legislature to
repeal a law that is unconstitutional.
Thankfully there is another statute TCA 36-2-304 still on the books that makes it
clear that when a child is born to a married woman, the child is presumed
to be that of her husband. So, the repeal of the law does not
de-legitimize a child conceived by insemination and, to be honest, the law
that will remain on the books is less intrusive into the relationship of a
husband and wife than the statute being repealed. Unlike the law being
repealed, the remaining law that will now govern the situation does not
have the government inquiring into the means by which the couple¹s child
came into existence or whose sperm, the husband's or a donor¹s, was used. HB 1406 does not apply to same sex marriages at all!!!! Conflicting laws have got to be repealed, families and lives are affected. Again children who are artificially inseminated ARE NOT ILLEGITIMATE.
I hope that helps explain the overall situation.
Source.

Dave

Staff member
Read Den's clarification Dave. I guess it depends on if you believe a twitter chain, or what he referenced from Facebook.

And btw, I'm extremely sad that "reporting" has come to one of those two alternatives. *cry*
I saw that. I tried clicking on the Twitter link but it just leads to the news story without explanation.