Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

At some point you have to take responsibility as well as the credit for the people under you. Of course you could always blame it on Bush Policies that after 6 years you've yet to do anything about despite claims otherwise.

Wait, didn't every one of the tea party organizations who were given extra attention for applying for tax exempt status still get granted that status? How is that Watergate level?

GasBandit

Staff member
Did the alleged cover up have a god dammed thing to do with that?
Yes, the coverup is attempting/has attempted to obfuscate:
1) The real reason they were there in the first place
2) Who made the call on the security arrangements (local mercs vs US Marines) and why
3) Who ignored/denied the repeated requests for more security
4) Who repeatedly told teams that were ready and able to go in and rescue staff to "stand down"
5) The nature of the attack (random spontaneous protest over a youtube video gone violent vs premeditated terrorist attack on americans on the anniversary of 9/11)

Yes, I'd say the coverup has a hell of a lot to do with that.

1. CIA needs information about what is happening in Libya 2.o
2. Marines only defend embassies.
3. The Administration and the Congress
4. They were already dead.
5. The CIA thought spontaneous at first then they revised it.

Wait, didn't every one of the tea party organizations who were given extra attention for applying for tax exempt status still get granted that status? How is that Watergate level?
So if voter intimidation doesn't prevent anyone from voting there's nothing wrong?

GasBandit

Staff member
1. CIA needs information about what is happening in Libya 2.o
2. Marines only defend embassies.
3. The Administration and the Congress
4. They were already dead.
5. The CIA thought spontaneous at first then they revised it.
1) Running guns to Syrian opposition, IE, "Iran Contra 2.0"
2) Marines do whatever the hell they're ordered to do, especially in freakin' Libya.
3) Way to narrow it down to hundreds of people all pointing at each other.
4) The first requests to go in were made 17 minutes after the start of the attack. Furthermore, you can't tell who's dead and who's not until you go in.
5) You don't bring RPGs to a spontaneous demonstration, and e-mails show that the youtube excuse was manufactured from whole cloth from day one.

GasBandit

Staff member
I also feel I would be remiss if I didn't point out people died in Fast and Furious, too. IE, the previous time Eric Holder should have been fired and possibly imprisoned (though not the first).[DOUBLEPOST=1370901110][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh yeah, that's why I stopped commenting in these threads. Thanks!
You'll be back. You always come back.

Months after the election, most of them did. Of course all the same types of organizations that were formed to support the democrats were given that status well before the election.
Lets put this correctly, shall we? Non-tea party groups were granted quickly. Tea party, not so much. That's not to say high level officials were involved or directed them to do so (of course, you won't convince the armchair experts of that). If anything, everyone should have gone through that level of scrutiny. The failure is all other groups which aren't tea party related got an easy pass they shouldn't have.

Do the details matter when the effect is the same?
Yes?

Look, there's plenty of shit to worry about. The wiretapping, killing American citizens, etc etc. Getting bent out of shape over extra scrutiny of morons being used by corporations that want a tax free lobby is the least of my concerns.

Yes?

Look, there's plenty of shit to worry about. The wiretapping, killing American citizens, etc etc. Getting bent out of shape over extra scrutiny of morons being used by corporations that want a tax free lobby is the least of my concerns.

I completely disagree. The IRS is supposed to be an impartial organization that wields the power to financially ruin your life. I'm not trying to target you specifically but your and others personal opinion of the Tea party is exactly why so many people have blinders on about what is a very serious issue. This is what I hate about partisan politics. Instead of 'This is a serious missuse of power' it becomes 'who cares about those dumb hicks'.

You're both misunderstanding me here. This should be flagged and checked, just as much as the moron PAC's for liberal groups. It should be hard to have a tax free organization designed to just raise money for politics.

I thought I had explained that in my first post, but apparently Covar wasn't the only one confused by what I wrote.

You're both misunderstanding me here. This should be flagged and checked, just as much as the moron PAC's for liberal groups. It should be hard to have a tax free organization designed to just raise money for politics.

I thought I had explained that in my first post, but apparently Covar wasn't the only one confused by what I wrote.
That's what I get for being a dumb hick. :p

Staying quiet has its privileges. If he hit the talk show circuit (well Fox News really) He would likely have a lower rating when the comedians rip him for questioning anything that happened in the last 4 years.

It's basically a sure bet that GWB is never going to get to do any of the important former president stuff that guys like Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton get to do. I don't see GWB being sent overseas to broker peace between two countries (if only because he'd likely be arrested or targeted by assassins) and he's never going to get the good PR that Carter did with charity work... that only works if people like you to begin with.

It's basically a sure bet that GWB is never going to get to do any of the important former president stuff that guys like Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton get to do. I don't see GWB being sent overseas to broker peace between two countries (if only because he'd likely be arrested or targeted by assassins) and he's never going to get the good PR that Carter did with charity work... that only works if people like you to begin with.
Do Republican ex-Presidents do PR work? They tend to retire into obscurity from what I've seen. Perhaps it's the voting demographic each party targets that makes it seem that way to me.