Games on SALE!

Crusader Kings II has the least helpful tutorial I've seen. It's just like, "First, do this", and you're like, "Okay, how?" and the game's like "FUCK YOU FIGURE IT OUT!" Then it punches you in the dick, goes through your wallet, and takes your bogo froyo coupon to the mall in your car, landing you a ticket for speeding, a ticket for restless driving, and a citation for double-parking in the handicapped spaces.
Oh good, so it wasn't just me then.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today on Fantatical, Bundle Fest starts. Not sure if it'll be worth any hype, but the opening Colossus Bundle isn't terrible:

Tier One - $1
- Chaos Reborn
- Stalker: Clear Sky
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy

Tier Two - $5
- The Last Leviathan
- Moon Hunters
- The Town of Light
- Heliborne
- Epistory: Typing Chronicles
- Warhammer End Times Vermintide
- and two mystery games

Tier Three - $9
- Mafia 3
- Civilization: Beyond Earth

Nothing makes this a must buy, IMO, but it's pretty cheap for what is there. There are other bundles as well, like $7 for an odd collection of Star Wars games (The Force Unleashed, Jedi Knight 1 & 2, and KOTOR 1 & 2), and $11 for Bioshock Infinite and it's season pass. Look for more bundles to launch as the week goes on.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm on the road at a play festival, but Fanatical has a bundle that is definitely worth purchasing. The LEGO pick and mix, or whatever they're calling it is amazing. I might buy two different packs of three games, myself.

I have most of them already, but I'm tempted to get Undercover and Ninjago (the latter I hear is great, even though I know nothing about Ninjago).

I just don't know about a third. I already have all the Marvel & DC ones and Jurassic World (haven't played it yet). Maybe the Harry Potters but a) I don't know how well they've aged and b) I'd prefer to get both together.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Indie Bundle 20
Tier 1 - PWYW, $1 for Steam keys
- The First Tree
- Tangledeep
- Among the Sleep

Tier 2 - BTA
- Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
- Tooth and Tail
- Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator

Tier 3 - $10
- Overgrowth

I'm curious enough about The First Tree to buy in for the $1 tier. I'm sure a lot of people will beat the average for Dream Daddy. The top tier has the weakest reviews of any of the games, though. Maybe it's just a niche thing? I don't know much about Overgrowth, except that it was in development for a long time.

Prices on GoG may be going up for some after March 31st.
In 2014 the company launched then cancelled a tiered regional pricing system in favour of having all games cost exactly the same regardless of which country you reside in or which currency you use [...] this became the Fair Price Package (FPP) programme: Regional pricing was enforced, but where a game is priced higher than the North American version the difference was returned to buyers in the form of store credit - an offer which is now going away
--Patrick

What the fuck? The core, main game is $39.99. But the expansions' regular prices are $50!?! The hell?! THAT'S NOT HOW DLC WORKS, EA.
I don't know Origin's prices in Canada, but the base game and the expansions regularly go for $39.99 US. Tried checking Amazon.ca, and there's no online codes or instant access? Lots of "code in a box, though." I've seen the base game go as low as 10 bucks on US Amazon.

I don't know Origin's prices in Canada, but the base game and the expansions regularly go for $39.99 US. Tried checking Amazon.ca, and there's no online codes or instant access? Lots of "code in a box, though." I've seen the base game go as low as 10 bucks on US Amazon.
And it is here, too. It's 88% from what I see, for $4.79.

But the DLC, at 50% off? It's $25.99. That's just goddamn insane.

I keep hoping GoG would have a decent sale on classic adventure games, but it's rare, even on big holiday sales. I want to get some games I grew up on but I didn't want to pay much since I paid for them before (sometimes more than once).

EDIT: And when they DO go on sale, it's usually not a big discount.

Not a game, but Best Buy is selling an Acer VR setup for $150. Biggest knock on it is that it doesn't use a multi-camera setup. So tracking isn't the best, and only tracks something like 200 degrees in front of you, not full 360. Still, people seem to really like it as a budget/intro VR option.

Linky to Reddit thread if people want to read comments.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Bundle is giving away Tacoma for a limited time. No Steam code, though. Just the DRM-free download. "Tacoma is a SciFi narrative adventure from the makers of Gone Home." Sounds good to me, so I'll grab a copy.

I'd say it's worth playing once. It's a walking sim, like Gone Home by the same dev, but I found myself enamored by the characters by the end. And it has some interesting game mechanics with rewinding footage and seeing the same events play out from different points of view. Short, like 3 hours long, but worth it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Road Redemption is on sale for 60% off until tuesday (tomorrow) morning at 10am.

It's the spiritual successor to Road Rash, and I really like this game.