Games on SALE!

Divinity: Original Sin 2, 40% off today.

Good game. Excellent story, memorable characters, outstanding voice acting, intelligent and satisfying gameplay, and is deeply respectful to RPG traditions. A bit buggy at times, but generally not too bad. Would recommend it to anyone interested in RPGs.

WELL looks like Steam's going crazy this weekend with sales.
Grim Dawn -70%
Grim Dawn DLC -30%
Bioshock Infinite -75%
Borderlands 2 -75%
The Long Dark -66%
No Man's Sky -50%

There's more, this was just a quick run through the sale page.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Greenman Gaming is having a birthday sale. They have a great deal on the Batman Arkham games, but I didn't mention those because they've been in so many deals and bundles. (It's a great time to get in on the series, though. Buy City GOTY or Arkham Knight, and get Asylum GOTY for free!)

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is at an all time low at $10.56

Lots of other deals, too.

figmentPez

Staff member
Is the Pre-sequel worth it?
I've heard it's not. The most common comments are: it's just more of the same, the story isn't as interesting, it's map design is more Borderlands 1 than 2.

But at this price ($7.04 for B2 GOTY vs $10.56 for The Handsome Collection which also includes the Pre-Sequel and all DLC), I'm willing to take a chance that I might want to play it. An additional $3.52 seems fair for a mediocre game that might happen to scratch an itch for me.

figmentPez

Staff member
I wasn't sure where to put this, but Fanatical is now offering comic book bundles. Each bundle has tiers at $1, $8, and $15

Tank Girl Comics Bundle - what it says on the tin. All the tiers are various Tank Girl comics

Dynamite Comics Bundle - a broader variety of titles, most I don't recognize (as comics, at least), and it's a pretty strange mix. The Boys, Art of Atari, Path of Exile, A Game of Thrones, Mars Attacks, Xena Warrior Princess, Aliens / Vampirella crossover, Bob's Burgers, Fruit Ninja, Green Hornet, Red Sonja, and more.

Is the Pre-sequel worth it?
Strictly speaking, the gameplay is pretty much the same. There are a couple of new mechanics regarding Oz kits & atmospheres, & a buttslam. It's more for the lore than anything else. Origin stories of several BL2 characters, Jack, Nisha (Sheriff of Lynchwood), Wilhelm & Athena (BL1 DLC). Plus playing as Claptrap is fairly amusing. It is done by 2K Australia, however, so most of the voice talent is Aussie, if that makes a difference to you.

Grim Dawn is on sale right now on GoG for 70% off, if you want the non-Steam, no DRM, keep-it-forever version.
The expansions are also 30% off. These are the prices Steam had a couple of weeks ago.

GD is one of those games that WILL allow GoG and Steam players to play co-op, with some limitations (mainly that both branches are not always updated at the same time). No idea if you can move saved characters back and forth between the different versions, though. I assume it's possible, just don't know if it's permitted.

--Patrick

Pretty sad when you look at the trailer for a game and go "nope, not even for free."

Though, I admit it's just that the particular style of game isn't for me. I have no idea if it's a good game, either.