Games on SALE!

How's Empyrion as a single player experience? Because I am an antisocial bastard with a spotty net connection so I'm not interested in online.

Also, to further praise Slay the Spire, the one thing I thought the game was missing was an endless mode, that was added today!

Dave

Staff member
They always do this right before July 1. And it ends before I get my July paycheck, which includes my bonus so it's always thousands of dollars.

Me: I'm not buying shit from Steam. My epic library only serves to taunt and anger me due to my total lack of time to actually play games.
Also me: Ooh, Pony island for less than two bucks. *Yoink*
Post automatically merged:

I'm just so stupid sometimes.

Me: I'm not buying shit from Steam. My epic library only serves to taunt and anger me due to my total lack of time to actually play games.
Also me: Ooh, Pony island for less than two bucks. *Yoink*
Post automatically merged:

I'm just so stupid sometimes.
Steam sales aren't what they used to be. Several games on my wishlist are on sale, 50, 70 and 75%, but they're still around €10 which doesn't quite trigger the same "that's nearly free! I can't purred this opportunity up!" Feeling.

Steam sales aren't what they used to be. Several games on my wishlist are on sale, 50, 70 and 75%, but they're still around €10 which doesn't quite trigger the same "that's nearly free! I can't purred this opportunity up!" Feeling.
Same here. There's nothing on my wishlist that's really jumping out at me. Maybe I'll finally get the Stanley Parable? Or maybe I'll jump onto the Empyrion bandwagon, despite being mainly a single player guy? Or maybe some of the later Assassin's Creed games? Dunno. I'll think about it for a few days.

Doesn't help that I've only recently started Witcher 2 with an aim to move on to Witcher 3 right afterwards, so I'm not desperate for something new to play.

I'm trying to stop buying games on sale even if I want them unless I'm ready to drop my current game and play them. Buying them in advance seems to lead me to never playing them.

Steam sales continue to disappoint. My wishlist is a big pile of newish old games still listed at full price for some unfathomable reason with like 25% off.

So far I'm eyeing...
  • Grim Dawn at $7.49 (historical lowest of $6.24 thru Steam)
  • Of Orcs and Men (precursor to Styx) at $2.24 (historical lowest)
  • Death Road to Canada at $8.24 (historical lowest)
  • The End Is Nigh at $5.99 (historical lowest)
  • Slay the Spire at $10.07 (historical lowest of $10.00 at chrono.gg)

<- Doesn't mind the Twitch app. I actually find it to be the most stable way to watch Twitch streams and having all of my games there is just a plus.

I'm a little disappointed I'm only finding this now. I love this guy's Are You Ready? videos. He does them annually at this point. It's like if @Cheesy1 took his photoshopping skills and videotized them.

True! Which makes it the superior choice. :p
If I want to buy it and never play it, sure. Because that's what happens with all my PC games. Gaming time is time with Julie, whether we're playing together or she's watching me play, and with a PC game, I'm either alone on the other side of the apartment or I'm hauling everything over to hook it up to the TV. And if I have to do that each time, I'm just going to end up playing something that's already hooked up to the TV.

Also it probably won't run well on mine. The thing PC lovers forget is that not all PCs are equal. That's one of the benefits of consoles (until Sony and Microsoft decided to pollute the market with their "it's advanced!" .5 editions).

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not trying to come off pissy about it; I've just explained it enough times that I feel like I should put it in my profile or something.

Last edited: