Games on SALE!

GasBandit

Staff member
Various other warhammer games are also on sale, including Vermintide 1, which is still a good game even though 2 is better.

Various other warhammer games are also on sale, including Vermintide 1, which is still a good game even though 2 is better.
Matchmaking was suffering even before 2 came out, I hate to imagine what it'd be like without a full group to play with now.

Iit's ridiculous. 9 out of 10 games on my wishlist are on sale. I think I'll finally pick up Darkest Dungeon (-60%).
I'm trying my best not to buy all the others.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh. It's been months, but you still remember! It never goes away...

--Patrick
I remember days when the sun shone, and laughter could be heard from the tavern. I was lord of this place, before the crows and rats made it their domain. You answered the letter — now like me, you are part of this place. Can you feel it? The walls between the sane world and that unplumbed dimension of delirium are tenuously thin here... They breed quickly down there in the dark, but perhaps we can slay them even faster. The way is lit. The path is clear. We require only the strength to follow it. In radiance, may we find victory.

I remember days when the sun shone, and laughter could be heard from the tavern. I was lord of this place, before the crows and rats made it their domain. You answered the letter — now like me, you are part of this place. Can you feel it? The walls between the sane world and that unplumbed dimension of delirium are tenuously thin here... They breed quickly down there in the dark, but perhaps we can slay them even faster. The way is lit. The path is clear. We require only the strength to follow it. In radiance, may we find victory.
I like how my inner voice started reading this paragraph normally, but the moment it hit the bolded part the narrator's voice took over in my head.

Also the Baldur's Gate collection is 75% off as part of that sale, if you haven't already acquired it.
I remember days when the sun doom gloom death You answered the letter — now like me, you are destruction despair darkness quickly down there in the dark, but perhaps we can slay them even faster. The way is lit. The path is insanity terror blackness, may we find victory.
Sheesh, I can't even read it without hearing the voice. It's like Professor Farnsworth or Morgan Freeman.

--Patrick

I don't know why I click to look at those links. I'm broker than dog dicks and my PC's too old to run most things, so there's nothing I can do with the sales... but still I look.

I don't know why I click to look at those links. I'm broker than dog dicks and my PC's too old to run most things, so there's nothing I can do with the sales... but still I look.
I'm willing to contribute to a gofundme for your dog, he sounds like he needs a vet.

figmentPez

Staff member
Normally I wouldn't make note of Red Faction: Guerrilla being $5, but the remastered edition comes out in July and will be free for existing owners. So now is a great time to buy. (Note for anyone who avoided the game because of Games for Windows Live: that trash has been gone from the game since the Steam Edition came out a while ago, and the Re-Mars-tered certainly isn't going to have it, either.)

I really love this game, and there's every indication that it's going to be just as good as ever, with some decent visual improvements like better lighting and shadows. Also, native Steam Input support if all goes as planned, which is the main reason I'm looking forward to another run-through.

Humble Bundle has Arkham Knight Premium Edition for $10. Worth it? Better to go for vanilla for $5? Better to skip it altogether and play the 70 games or so I already have?

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Bundle has Arkham Knight Premium Edition for $10. Worth it? Better to go for vanilla for $5? Better to skip it altogether and play the 70 games or so I already have?
Arkham Knight is amazing, and the expansion missions are pretty damn good. The Mister Freeze storyline alone was worth the extra $5 for me, and there's a lot more besides that I think is highly enjoyable.

Yeah, for $10, that's worth it. It's firmly in third place of the whole series, but the game has its moments. Though it's not without a lot of problems: way too much Batmobile/tank-related stuff, the story isn't even remotely as good as any of the others (including Origins), and getting the "true" ending is a pain in the ass. But yeah, I'd agree that the DLC is fun.