Games on SALE!

This is less a sale notification than a.. odd notification: The Last Remnant is about to be de-listed from Steam.

Hi everyone,

We will soon be discontinuing digital and physical sales of The Last Remnant on PC.

Sales will cease at the times below:-

Japan region: Wednesday 5th September, approximately 2:00 (JST)
NA region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 10:00(PDT)
EU region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 17:00(GMT)

Anyone already owning the game will still be able to play as per usual.

Thanks to everyone who’s adventured with the Mitras, Yamas, Qsitis and Sovanis!
It's $10 bucks right now, which isn't too much to ask for this under-rated strategy game. Once you get past the main character (Rush is SO out of place in this story full of mature characters), you have a very interesting strategy game with a unique setting that deserved more love than it got. Square Enix hasn't gone on record as to WHY they discontinuing sales of this title, but I would be surprised if it was tied to the Unreal Engine 3 agreement they signed when they made this or if it's a tax write off.

Green Man Gaming's GamesAid50 Bundle is insane. For $50 (all for charity), you get:

(I'm just copying/pasting the list from the site, which includes a short description.)

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - The biggest stealth action game out there, huge playgrounds for you to explore, fight, sneak, and then Fulton your time away.
  • Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Find out the answer to the question 'could the Flash take on Superman?'
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum- The game that finally gave us the Batman series we deserve, set in the most crazy place in the most crazy city.
  • Human Fall Flat - Human Fall Flat, Human Fall Over, Human Fall Onto Catapult And Get Launched Into Air By Friends.
  • Killing Floor - Sometimes all you need is just to grab a gun, grab a friend, and shoot a load of zombies. Killing Floor more than delivers.
  • RAGE - You woke up and everything's gone...apocalyptic. So why not get your gun and your spinny stick and fight for the future.
  • Bomber Crew - What if you had to manage a bomber crew as you flew to victory? Or horrendous failure, your choice.
  • Warhammer: Vermintide End Times - Those rats aren't going to kill themselves, so grab three friends and get to it!
  • Mount and Blade Warband - Be the medieval hero that you always wanted to be. Or just trot about and raid villages, your choice.
  • Mount and Blade - The game that started it all, live your medieval dreams to the fullest in this open world medieval RPG simulation.
  • Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword - A standalone expansion for Mount and Blade, based loosely on the Henryk Sienkiewicz novel.
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - A meticulously detailed arena awaits you for multiple playthroughs as you hone in on the perfect stealth approach.
  • Insurgency - Multiplayer has never been so lethal, clash over strongholds and supplies and make sure you never forget your gun.
  • LEGO Batman the Videogame - What's Batman do in his downtime? Well he still rescues Gotham City, but he does it in pure LEGO style.
  • This War of Mine - The most cheerful war survival game ever made. Well, not that cheerful. But it's good.
  • Crusader Kings II - The best medieval crazy-story generator ever made. Marry your cousin, kill them off, fail, then get mysteriously killed yourself and have your wife take over.
  • Sniper Elite 3 - Test your sniping skills against a variety of Nazi bodyparts, and don't stop until you've won the war.
  • InnerSpace - As the universe fades, fly through immense and beautiful vistas to try and piece together memories before they're lost forever to the mists of time.
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Find out once and for all why 'NANOMACHINES, SON' brings a smile to so many faces.
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - Not only do you get Lords of Shadow, but you'll get the Reverie and Resurrection DLC too!
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Digital Bundle - Look, Satan's a bad sort, so it's up to you as Dracula to team up with Death and sort him out.
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD - Belmont wants blood...Dracula's blood. Get him ex-sanguinated!
  • The Little Acre - A love letter to animation and adventure games, help Aidan and Lily in 1950s Ireland as they search for Aidan's father.
  • The Flame in the Flood - Head down the river and try to survive, but be warned: the rains are coming.
  • Serial Cleaner - It's time to clean up this town, because there's blood and guns and evidence everywhere. How untidy.
  • Manual Samuel - You've got 24 hours to survive, and you've got to control every function of your body manually. Even blinking.
  • Beat Cop - It's about time someone sorted New York out, and that someone is you. Hit the streets and walk your beat, cop.
  • Evil Genius - Evil needs a home, so why not be the one to build it? Hey, if you're going to be evil, why not be the best evil you can be.
  • Tower 57 - If the words 'neo-retro twin stick shooter in a dieselpunk megatower' don't excite you then you're dead inside.
  • ADR1FT - What if Gravity were a game, and absolutely drove home how terrifying space can be?
  • Quarantine - Disease won't win, not while you're there to defend the world, one turn at a time.
  • The Black Death - You're alone, you're sick, you've no money or resources, and in the distance bandits gather. The Black Death pushes survival to the limit.
  • War Tech Fighters - Get in your giant mech and head into space, destruction and beautiful explosions await.
  • Dead Age - Turn based RPG combat meets survival game in Dead Age, where the dead are coming for you and it's up to you to survive.
  • Beyond Eyes - Guide Rae, a young blind girl, on an adventure filled with magic, love, and life changing events.
  • Toybox Turbos - The most micro of machines are yours to control in this wild and wacky driving game.
  • F.E.A.R. 3 - Horror and FPS action combine into Monolith's magnum opus, you'll shoot and kick your way to victory. And also crap your pants.
  • Biozone - Dr Membranus needs to pay, so scroll right and jump and shoot and show him what for!
  • Puzzle Chronicles - Puzzles and RPGs meet as you avenge the atrocities the Ashurin Empire wrought upon your people.
  • Rocket Knight - Sparkster's back, what's better than an opossum in a suit of armour? An opossum in a suit of armour with a jetpack.
  • Stable Orbit - Show those NASA hacks how to really build a space station.
  • Peregrin - Puzzles and a beautiful narrative combine as you traverse the stunning world of Peregrin, solving your way through the myriad adventures that await.
  • Magicka - AKA 'how to make my friends hate me as I use air powers to blow them off cliffs' simulator.
  • Teleglitch Die More Edition - This procedurally generated horror action game brings your scifi fears to life as horrible beasts stalk this broken facility's halls.
  • Frozen Synapse Prime - Plan your turn, simulate your opponents, test the action and when you're ready, set it all in motion. Then find out you were wrong.
  • Super Cloudbuilt - Lost in a world you don't recognise, running through room after room, Super Cloudbuilt asks you who you are, and where you're going?
  • Ballistic Overkill - Competitive multiplayer shooters don't get more immediate than this, when you just gotta shoot someone online, this is your choice.
  • Next Up Hero - Get back to the days of Gauntlet in Next Up Hero, a top down dungeon crawler where you choose your class and get hacking!
  • Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered - Featuring the best opening scene in gaming history, this game is wonderful and bonkers in equal measure, and absolutely unmissable.
  • Mystery Game - ???
Holy shit... insane is right.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Digital Tabletop Bundle

PWYW
Ticket to Ride - Complete Bundle
Android Edition: Ticket to Ride
Sentinels of the Multiverse + Soundtrack
Mysterium: A Psychic Clue Game
Android Edition: Mysterium: A Psychic Clue Game

BTA
Pathfinder Adventures
Carcassonne - Tiles & Tactics
Sentinels of the Multiverse - Shattered Timelines DLC
Talisman: Digital Edition
Talisman - The Highland Expansion DLC
Talisman - The Dungeon Expansion DLC
Android Edition: Talisman
Includes the DLC "The Reaper" and "The Frostmarch"

$10 / ~£7.77
Armello
$2 Humble Wallet credit for Monthly subscribers

GasBandit

Staff member
Empyrion's half off thru 9/3 (ten bux, normally 20)

I'm about to wipe the server and put a new solar system map with new planets on it this weekend. So if anybody's been curious about getting into it, this might be a good opportunity.

Empyrion's half off thru 9/3 (ten bux, normally 20)

I'm about to wipe the server and put a new solar system map with new planets on it this weekend. So if anybody's been curious about getting into it, this might be a good opportunity.
And I have new RAM on the way, so we'll see if that fixes the problem I was having with this too...

GasBandit

Staff member
I still haven't played Space Engineers after I bought it on sale, so probably going to give it a miss. Tempted, though.
It's pretty different from space engineers, is the thing... Space Engineers emphasizes physics, logistics, and automation, with survival/gameplay/combat being largely an afterthought. Empyrion is the other way around - it has a lot more survival aspects, a more varied amount of character and gear customizations, and a lot of the "simulation" or realism is fudged or smoothed over in favor of playability. As far as my personal preference goes, I'd rather play Empyrion than Space Engineers, even though Empyrion is still bugtastic alpha and space engineers is post-release polished.

But yeah, it's still a space sandbox game.

My only complaints about Emyprion right now are that you can't really do anything underwater right now and the hard limits placed on weapon load-outs basically pre-determine the "correct" way to build ships. Space Engineers has a lot more practical variety when it comes to ship building, basically because the developers give you more tools to use.

GasBandit

Staff member
My only complaints about Emyprion right now are that you can't really do anything underwater right now and the hard limits placed on weapon load-outs basically pre-determine the "correct" way to build ships. Space Engineers has a lot more practical variety when it comes to ship building, basically because the developers give you more tools to use.
They just changed how turret limits work, so now everybody's scrambling to figure out how the meta has changed. From what I've heard, they are no longer limited by individual turret, but by turret type - IE, the hitscan turrets share a cap, the energy weapons share a cap, the AE explosive (flak and homing missile) weapons share a cap. So you have more options now - you can swap out 15mm turrets for more 30mm ones, etc. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that in 90% of PvP encounters, the only weapons that really matter are homing missiles.

But as for space engineers, one of the big gripes I had about it was that all the weapons sucked. You had basically 2 types of weapons, gatling guns and missile launchers (dumbfire), in both fixed and turret types. Both had a range of 800m. Gatling guns did laughable damage, but missiles were hard to hit with. It made fights cumbersome affairs.

Empyrion has some issues with PVP too, but at least there's variety and options in weaponry.

GasBandit

Staff member
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine is free on Steam through Humble Bundle.
While not a "must play" perfect game, I generally enjoyed playing Space Marine, and so if any of you have ever thought about watching Sam Neill fight Orks, I'd recommend you definitely snag this.

And yet I can't blame them too harshly; the AAA titles are used in the monthly edition to entice folks but it also exposes them to a bunch of great indie stuff in the process. It might be a little more corporate now, but it DOES still support the indie community.

It's really good by the way.

When I used to play Street Fighter all the time with my fighting game bud, now we DBFZ.

figmentPez

Staff member
GOG.com will be celebrating their 10 year anniversary by giving away either: Firewatch, Shadow Warrior 2, or SuperHot on Thursday, and you can vote now on which one you want.

I'm torn, do I vote for the one I want, or vote for the one I've played and think other people should play as well?

I liked Shadow Warrior more than either but I really liked the rebooted Shadow Warrior. Awesome fun, dumb FPS.

I liked Shadow Warrior more than either but I really liked the rebooted Shadow Warrior. Awesome fun, dumb FPS.
I liked Shadow Warrior 1 a whole lot, but the second one felt a little too borderlandsy to me. That said, I'll still play it for free