Games on SALE!

I keep thinking about buying Borderlands (at least 1, for now), but I don't know. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I think the problem is I've heard it's also best played in co-op. And I don't really know anyone who would co-op it with me.

Same as Portal 2, really. I never got to play the co-op portion of that game.

Welp, I added $25 to my Steam wallet to give myself a spending limit.

So far, I've filled my cofers with indie games: Life Goes On, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Hatoful Boyfriend, Kathy Rain, and Actual Sunlight.

I still have about $11 left. Not sure what to get. I guess I still have plenty of time left to decide.

I surprisingly removed some games from my wishlist, including South Park: Stick of Truth. I think it's because I'm just not a big enough South Park fan to feel motivated enough to buy it.

I keep thinking about buying Borderlands (at least 1, for now), but I don't know. I've heard nothing but good things about it. I think the problem is I've heard it's also best played in co-op. And I don't really know anyone who would co-op it with me.

Same as Portal 2, really. I never got to play the co-op portion of that game.
I played through Borderlands 1 by myself, and found it an average experience at best. There are parts of it that really, really drag on. It might have been improved by playing co-op, I dunno. I pushed myself to finish it and I have no desire to ever play it again, even to do the DLC.

That's the impression I always got. And since it - like Portal 2 - isn't exactly a new game, it's hard to find anyone who might be interested in playing.

In the meantime, this is quite possibly the best Steam sale parody video. Spoilers for Star Wars Rogue One if you haven't seen it:

There are games I'm interested in, but I know it's unlikely I'll sit down at my computer and play them to completion. More like play them the day I buy them and then hardly ever again. Only reason I haven't bought the stuff Gas has been playing of late.

fade

Staff member
I bought, like, a bucket full of sub-$5 games. There seem to be some good deals for those in this steam sale.

I bought, like, a bucket full of sub-$5 games. There seem to be some good deals for those in this steam sale.
FINE, I'll look!

Actually, your post gave me some inspiration--some of the excellent soundtracks for these games are also on sale at a huge discount. Crypt of the Necrodancer soundtrack for $1.99? Yes, please. Time to gather up some great music on the cheap.

fade

Staff member
There are games I'm interested in, but I know it's unlikely I'll sit down at my computer and play them to completion. More like play them the day I buy them and then hardly ever again. Only reason I haven't bought the stuff Gas has been playing of late.
Yeah as much as I like the halforums rimworld stories, that game sounds more like a job than fun.

Actually, your post gave me some inspiration--some of the excellent soundtracks for these games are also on sale at a huge discount. Crypt of the Necrodancer soundtrack for $1.99? Yes, please. Time to gather up some great music on the cheap.
TIL you can't buy the soundtrack without owning the game. Not even buy, but be unable to download--I guess Valve fixed that little workaround. You just aren't allowed to purchase DLC without the game.

Well, shit.

I know there's the remake coming, but Shadow of the Colossus PS3 version being $3 in the new PSN sale is really tempting.
If you have a PS3 I say grab it. The remake is the same game, just looking slightly different (I actually prefer the washed out look of the original/PS3 remaster over the brighter looks of the upcoming remake)

If you have a PS3 I say grab it. The remake is the same game, just looking slightly different (I actually prefer the washed out look of the original/PS3 remaster over the brighter looks of the upcoming remake)
I didn't realize they were clearing it up. Much as I didn't care for the "realism is brown + bloom" era of gaming, I thought it worked for the otherness of Shadow of the Colossus, especially how they'd sometimes lumber in from outside of sight's clarity.

I'll get it; I think we have plenty of room on the PS3.

The PS3 version was the PS2 version, but polished. I haven't really seen the PS4 version yet as anything other than stills.

--Patrick

So out of sheer curiosity, I've kept up on the Steam sale stickers, thinking maybe I'll get something if I complete all of the sticker books.

And I did! I get two things, in fact!

Jack! And shit!

Seriously, what was the point to this?

Reactions: Jay

figmentPez

Staff member
So out of sheer curiosity, I've kept up on the Steam sale stickers, thinking maybe I'll get something if I complete all of the sticker books.

And I did! I get two things, in fact!

Jack! And shit!

Seriously, what was the point to this?
You can show off your stickers on your profile! I'm sure someone is going to have fun positioning the stickers into suggestive (if not outright lewd) scenes.

Splurged on the PSN sale by spending a whole $12!

Got Ico HD, Shadow of the Colossus HD, Severed, and Patapon 2.

Patapon is a wonderful thing I never knew I was missing.

Definitely worth the money. DLC's kind of a mixed bag, if that's a consideration - I'm a fan of Shen's Last Gift, but the others are pretty underwhelming.
100% agreed.

That said, it's a good game but doesn't meet my Long War Enemy Within standard.

Ok! Completely forgot about the Steam sale, woke up this morning AAAAAAAHHHHH
...oh wait, it's actually running for a few more hours.
Splurged on the Valve Complete Pack for $18 because for some reason I still didn't have any of these games.
Filled in some gaps in my collection, got the Dungeon Siege bundle (still remember playing that in stereo 3D!).
In total, spent about $50. There you go, Gabe.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok! Completely forgot about the Steam sale, woke up this morning AAAAAAAHHHHH
...oh wait, it's actually running for a few more hours.
Splurged on the Valve Complete Pack for $18 because for some reason I still didn't have any of these games.
Filled in some gaps in my collection, got the Dungeon Siege bundle (still remember playing that in stereo 3D!).
In total, spent about $50. There you go, Gabe.

--Patrick
Now you can actually join in if and when we ever have L4D night next.