[NHL] Game of Thrones on Ice (aka the NHL Hockey Thread)

Yeah, and then Carter Hutton found out which one of you guys had the kryptonite.

And the rest of our boys remembered who we were playing, and where they were. (I think the standing ovation gave them a jolt.)

Oh, and

Number 9, number 9...

You might wanna be there tomorrow against the Ducks. I hear there's this hotshot goalie from Finland who's scheduled to be in net.

;)

Because he might get to see a Stanley Cup in his lifetime as opposed to years of waiting, the only hope being met by disappointment?

Okay, yeah, you're right, having your child dressed up in Buffalo Sabres or Vancouver Canucks gear would be child abuse, then.

Whenever people start taking about their team sucking, all I have to do is say I'm from Buffalo and I win the discussion. At least Buffalo sports can win at something amirite?!

Whenever people start taking about their team sucking, all I have to do is say I'm from Buffalo and I win the discussion. At least Buffalo sports can win at something amirite?!
The bandits have won four championships, thank you very much.

The bandits have won four championships, thank you very much.
As a Toronto Rock fan, I've learned the NLL championship "doesn't count". Nobody cares how many NLL championships your team has won.

If people cared, Toronto would actually have a good sports team to brag about.

We're coming up right behind you, man.
Apparently the Leafs are taking a "Scorched earth" approach and committing to a full-on rebuild.

This is exactly what this team needed like 6 seasons ago. Burke sorta started a quick fix solution that may have been going somewhere had they not fired him. We'll see if Bell and Rogers are ready to put their money where their mouths are and actually commit to this plan, or if they're going to fuck it up mid way through like every other ownership group has.

You guys have 15 points on us, and we just got significantly worse. Maple Leafs have no chance of going ahead of (behind?) us.

You guys have 15 points on us, and we just got significantly worse. Maple Leafs have no chance of going ahead of (behind?) us.
I don't mean in the race to the bottom for the draft lottery, I just mean into rebuild territory. We too, are nuking the site from orbit.