Funny (political, religious) pictures

GasBandit

Staff member

Huh... something fucky is going on with the media embedder it looks like...

That’s just what happens when you paste in a naked URL instead of using the Insert -> Media menu.

—Patrick

No shit. I started following some of the newer dem people, and seeing AOC attacked by democrats for pointing out (I believe correctly) how we succeeded and how almost every single "no we need to meet in the middle" dem got their asses handed to them is infuriating.
I would be willing to bet that a lot of them were long shots anyways. I feel like the ones most prone to say we need to meet in the middle were trying to oust a republican incumbent. Considering how much we really needed the Republican Never Trumpers to boost us for the presidential election, it's not super surprising that down ballot didn't go our way.

That said, Hickenlooper sucks, but damn does Colorado hate Cory Gardner.

Nebraska is a good example of what I mean.

Honestly that scares me more than most things. Trump literally had so many votes that he reached higher totals than even Obama from past elections. Yet it feels like even with the higher popular vote Biden got, which was almost entirely California, we barely scraped by because of Republicans voting against Trump in BGs.

It's really scary when you think about it and what that means for the next election when Trump is no longer in the picture. Will all his fanboys just not vote anymore? Or will it flip entirely the other way with no sign of ever going back unless we get rid of the electoral college?

Last edited:
It's really scary when you think about it and what that means for the next election when Trump is no longer in the picture.
What was the tweet? That if the five of you vote for what to have for dinner, and you get three votes for “pizza“ but two votes for “kill and eat you,“ that it’s great that “pizza” won, but that there may be another underlying problem that urgently needs addressing.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
That’s just what happens when you paste in a naked URL instead of using the Insert -> Media menu.

—Patrick
That's not how it used to work. Pasting a raw imgur gallery url used to automatically do the multipage imgur embed.

And I tried insert media, it didn't recognize imgur anymore.

Georgia (the country) = 3,716,858 (2020 estimate, per Wikipedia)
Georgia (the United State) = 10,617,423 (2019 estimate, per US Census Bureau and Wikipedia)

Aside: did you know that Americans are one of the lowest ranked nations when it comes to geographical intelligence?

Aside: did you know that Americans are one of the lowest ranked nations when it comes to geographical intelligence?
I really like Dave Barry's take on this:

Most Americans are pitifully ignorant of geography. This was clearly demonstrated recently when the Gallup Organization sent its pollsters to Chicago to ask randomly selected residents if they could name at least three of the six major continents. The results were shocking: Most of the pollsters never found Chicago at all; of those who did, all but one fell into the Chicago River.

figmentPez

Staff member

TIL that Gritney is the work of London cosplayer Riot Rogers

The original CopingMaga twitter account was taken down due to mass reporting by trumpers, which says all it needs to. There's an imitator though and it's funny.