Funny (political, religious) pictures

It would be irony of the highest order if Germamy were to invade the US in order to free its people from Nazi tyranny.

—Patrick

Damn minorities forcing our poor citizens to resort to racist epitaphs epithets... WHEN WILL THEY STOP???

Last edited:
I feel forced to blame it on autocorrect...

I mean, sure, if i had bothered to think about how to spell it, instead of just writing something close enough, and then using it, it wouldn't have happened, but screw that, FRACK YOU TOASTERS!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Bonus strip:

Last edited:
So what happens when these people jump ship three years in and decide to set up shop somewhere they can actually make money? What counts as a "business"? Anyone who can afford to start up a business right out of college probably has the money to just... pay the student loans. Things like rent and utilities for the business are going to be higher than your student loans in the first year alone, even in the ghetto, unless you're working out of a food truck or you convince a bunch of your fellow students to join in as part owners (and who wants to fucking deal with that for 3 years?)

Seriously, fuck off with this boot-strappy bullshit. College isn't just supposed to be just for producing doctors, lawyers, engineers, and small business owners... we need artists, historians, writers, musicians, and philosophers too and the privilege to be one shouldn't solely belong to the upper fucking classes. Just fucking make college free to people who make meaningful, dedicated progress towards their degree.

we need artists, historians, writers, musicians, and philosophers too and the privilege to be one shouldn't solely belong to the upper fucking classes.
Also, I would propose that the creativity of the people from those upper classes is comparatively stunted by not having had to actually struggle and "make do."

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
So let me get this straight... there's a grant for students that still leaves them with student debt?
Pell grants are given to people with economic need. It doesn't need to be repaid but is generally not a lot of money so the student still needs another form of income - usually student loans. What Kamala is proposing is a student loan debt forgiveness program for those who received Pell grants and also took out loans, then had to open a business and STAY in business for at least 3 years in a low income area. Opening a business ANYWHERE is a challenge, but throw in the other particulars and you have a program that'll be used by about 1 person in our lifetime.

Pell grants have been getting narrower and narrower in scope and fewer and fewer people are getting them as a result.

To put this into perspective, a Pell grant is usually about 3-6k a year, with access to more in subsidized government loans, though both the grant and loan amounts get reduced if you aren't full time (12 hours or more). A full year at Ohio State University (two semesters, 24 credit hours) is going to cost you AT LEAST 13-4k, before accounting for housing, food, and transportation costs... and that's just for the in-state tuition. You live out of state or are a foreign student studying abroad here in the US? Double that, at least. OSU is not considered an "elite" academic institution.

I'm really glad I did my first few years at a community college. I easily saved 20 grand and all my credits were transferred. But that's not an option for some students; not everyone can do everything online and for some students, going out of state for college is the only option for their field.

For more perspective, when I started college, tuition there was ~13k. My final year, it had grown to ~19k.
These days, it's ~48k.

--Patrick