Funny (political, religious) pictures

"Kill fully formed 2 seconds from birth babies"? The fuck he smoking?
There is currently a bill making its way through the Virginia State Legislature. The bill's main goal is to make it easier for abortions to be performed in the third trimester in cases where a doctor recommends the abortion be performed for health reasons (threat of death to the mother, highly likely death of the infant, severe and painful deformities/health problems). Currently Virginia law requires that a mother get an additional two doctor's opinions (for a total of 3), and that doctors inform mothers that their decision to abort will have profound and long lasting mental effects. The bill seeks to remove the extra hurdle and remove the official policy of shaming mothers who choose to abort. The stated goal is to remove the government from the process, and leave it to parents and doctors to make the decision.

...and somehow all that got boiled down to "OMG they want to abort babies up to 2 minutes before they're born!" for Republican idiots online.

There is currently a bill making its way through the Virginia State Legislature. The bill's main goal is to make it easier for abortions to be performed in the third trimester in cases where a doctor recommends the abortion be performed for health reasons (threat of death to the mother, highly likely death of the infant, severe and painful deformities/health problems). Currently Virginia law requires that a mother get an additional two doctor's opinions (for a total of 3), and that doctors inform mothers that their decision to abort will have profound and long lasting mental effects. The bill seeks to remove the extra hurdle and remove the official policy of shaming mothers who choose to abort. The stated goal is to remove the government from the process, and leave it to parents and doctors to make the decision.

...and somehow all that got boiled down to "OMG they want to abort babies up to 2 minutes before they're born!" for Republican idiots online.
Considering that people who are choosing to abort their baby that late probably don't want to have to do it, Republicans are assholes.

I refuse to believe they are genuinely concerned about “the sanctity of life” unless/until they also try to criminalize the farming and/or consumption of chicken eggs, caviar, nuts & seeds (including spices!), flour, peanut butter, or any other product which is essentially made of something’s zygotes.

—Patrick

Last edited:
I refuse to believe they are genuinely concerned about it unless/until they also try to criminalize the farming and/or consumption of chicken eggs, caviar, nuts & seeds (including spices!), flour, peanut butter, or any other product which is essentially made of something’s zygotes.

—Patrick
They only care about people when they are hypothetical.

Plus the fact that solar panels are actually more efficient when they are cooled, much like every semiconductor.

--Patrick
To be fair honestly, unless people wanted to climb on their roof, the solar panels are probably covered in snow.

GasBandit

Staff member
He could also be thinking of solar thermal energy, which used to be more of a thing instead of photovoltaic.

Or, he could be considering the inflexibility of solar to keep up with spikes in demand. You can burn more fuel (be it fossil or nuclear), but you can't turn up the sun.

To continue:

sciencebitches.jpg

To be fair honestly, unless people wanted to climb on their roof, the solar panels are probably covered in snow.
Here near the 45th parallel, panels have to be pitched so steeply that snow is more likely to slide off, and there are even people experimenting with circulating air/fluid through the panels to keep them clear in Winter and cooler in Summer (plus use that waste heat to heat your water).

--Patrick

To continue:

View attachment 28537

Here near the 45th parallel, panels have to be pitched so steeply that snow is more likely to slide off, and there are even people experimenting with circulating air/fluid through the panels to keep them clear in Winter and cooler in Summer (plus use that waste heat to heat your water).

--Patrick
"People are experimenting"? I live in Belgium where there are like 5 days of snow a year and another 10 with ice, maybe, and almost all solar panels I know have built-in anti-freezing stuff (usually similar to the heating lines in your car's rear window). I can imagine that causing problems in the really heavily snowy areas, but for most normal inhabitable parts of the globe (so, not Canada :p) it's plenty to keep them ice- and snow-free.

To continue:

View attachment 28537

--Patrick
The image, not your comments. The Photovoltaic Effect is NOT a chemical reaction! It was actually what Einstein won his Nobel Prize for!

I wasn't going to point it out. :)
Plus the lines between physics/mathematics/chemistry/etc can get blurry.

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
<patrthom mode>

Well, the ram is easy enough to explain... the power lines start out on the ground, and then they pull it taut at one end to raise it up on all the poles. If he's standing over the line and gets hooked... up he goes.

</patrthom mode>

<patrthom mode>
Well, the ram is easy enough to explain... the power lines start out on the ground, and then they pull it taut at one end to raise it up on all the poles. If he's standing over the line and gets hooked... up he goes.
</patrthom mode>
I know the story behind the truck, and Kati confirms the horse probably kicked at something while he was too close to the fence and put his back hooves through it before he came back down.

As for the ram, well, they'll sometimes accidentally go ziplining from farther uphill, because a ram in rut is a ram extremely likely to make questionable life choices.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My response was: Brady doesn't care. His saliva is made up of 50% smugness and 50% Trump-jizz.