Funny (political, religious) pictures

@LittleSin I thought it was funny that John Waters is advising antifa to get sexier for success.

I mean, he's right in some way. Theatricality sells, sex sells. But it was also funny to me because it's so like him to say that.

@LittleSin I thought it was funny that John Waters is advising antifa to get sexier for success.

I mean, he's right in some way. Theatricality sells, sex sells. But it was also funny to me because it's so like him to say that.
Okay. XD That was what I thought but I wasn't sure if I was missing some context that was going to make me sigh heavily and cross John Waters off the shrinking list of 'People HEL Respects'.

GasBandit

Staff member
The problem is that the electoral college doesn't really stop those people from having a voice.
Well, I mean, technically the electoral college also does not explicitly exist to counter uninformed/stupid voters. It's just a joke.

GasBandit

Staff member
I seem to recall that was part of it's original intent though, besides just giving states a voice.
It is entirely and only based upon a compromise between popular election and congressional selection, meant to counterbalance the overwhelming power that a straight popular vote would give to states with the largest population centers. Nothing really about voter intelligence.

figmentPez

Staff member

Skip to 2:00 for the relevant political bit. The commercial as a whole is fun, though.... and is that Peter Jackson as Santa Claus?

Dave

Staff member
Love the American kid is basically Trump and his address to the UN.

THIS, folks, is what the world thinks of us.