Funny (political, religious) pictures

Desantis has been trying hard to mimic all of Trump's manurisms for awhile now. His stance, the way he moves his hands when he talks, it's all calculated. He wants to replace Trump as the presidential frontrunner and the only way to do that is to be more Trump then Trump.

The fact he actually worked with Biden recently is going to hurt this image a lot with the more obsessive supporters.

Showed that to my wife.
She explained to me that, for JW, going door-to-door is not so much a drive to recruit converts as it is an attempt to put the recruiters into an uncomfortable position where they get to see just how godless the rest of humanity really is.
...mission accomplished, I guess?

--Patrick

Well, maybe they won't be such a fan of him going forward. It sucks they laughed, though. Hard to convert people who think you don't respect them.

For anyone like me who had no idea who Phil Vischer is, he was one of the co-creators and a voice actor on Veggie Tales.
And exploring his Twitter, I’ve learned that he gets flak from the worst Evangelical Christian assholes for not being hateful or judgmental enough for their tastes.

Seriously, he posted a comment about how Christianity is supposed to be about loving others above all else, and someone angrily replied that he didn’t understand what God’s love really meant and it wasn’t supposed to include “them” (not sure who the “them” was supposed to be, but probably LGBTQIA+).

And exploring his Twitter, I’ve learned that he gets flak from the worst Evangelical Christian assholes for not being hateful or judgmental enough for their tastes.

Seriously, he posted a comment about how Christianity is supposed to be about loving others above all else, and someone angrily replied that he didn’t understand what God’s love really meant and it wasn’t supposed to include “them” (not sure who the “them” was supposed to be, but probably LGBTQIA+).
The sad thing is he was removed from his own creation.

You should have reminded them that they only got to cast the 1st stone if they are without sin...

Then, if they still stupidly say they are, ask them why they're declaring themselves saints isn't the sin of pride?

figmentPez

Staff member

He's a conservative Christian, and he has a podcast (The Holy Post) that talks about Christian issues. He's pro-Life, anti-homosexuality, trends Republican for voting, etc.

BUT he's anti-Trump, anti-Christian nationalism, anti-war, has humility about many of his beliefs, actively promotes understanding that black Christians (and other minorities) have a different experience in America than white Christians, frequently has women on his podcast (including pastors and theology students), and actually talks about the complexity of issues.

I disagree with him often, but I can also respect a lot of what he's trying to do. His podcast's coverage of issues is far from unbiased; it may have a relative diversity of Christian opinions, but it's still mostly conservative, and really drops the ball sometimes when covering secular viewpoints. (Their coverage of secular views on sexuality is particularly lacking.) I don't listen to it regularly, but sometimes I like to be reminded that there are a minority of white Christians who are at least trying to understand viewpoints that aren't their own.