Funny (political, religious) pictures

The U.S. is such a racist-free paradise compared to every place I've ever been to abroad. Granted all of those places have been in Asia, but don't forget:

Maybe society is not as good as we would like to believe it is. What if racism, xenophobia, etc, are actually the norm and we are the minority.
Oh, of course it is the norm. Every advancement we've ever made as a species has been made by going against the norm. Human nature at its most primal is tribalism, where we are all primates beating our chests and flinging poo at scary outsiders. Society exists because we gradually learned to go against this nature, and it is why it is so easy to backslide on it, and why that backslide must be continually fought against.

It's extra amusing to me because I recognize pretty much everywhere in that video, as I used to have to travel through it twice every 3 months. It's in Toronto's new Terminal 3, gates 1-5, which is WestJet-only. So they used their "wing" of the airport to film it. I even got a massage once where the guy in the video did!

Good jab at Air Canada IMO.

Oh, of course it is the norm. Every advancement we've ever made as a species has been made by going against the norm. Human nature at its most primal is tribalism, where we are all primates beating our chests and flinging poo at scary outsiders. Society exists because we gradually learned to go against this nature, and it is why it is so easy to backslide on it, and why that backslide must be continually fought against.
That's funny. That means that we, as humans, declared that our own nature is bad and we must fight against what we are.

That's funny. That means that we, as humans, declared that our own nature is bad and we must fight against what we are.
I agree. Either interpretation, of either Human Nature, and/or the benefits of fighting against it is too simple. A mix of both is moral IMO. Either extreme is bad.

Or, you know, leaving behind old habits for ones that are more advantageous is how evolution works...

You mean we aren't supposed to be flinging poo? What if it's someone else's?

<reluctantly puts down shovel>

Society exists because we gradually learned to go against this nature, and it is why it is so easy to backslide on it, and why that backslide must be continually fought against.
Society exists because we discovered living is easier if we Share The Load(tm). Society falls apart once the population density increases to the point that people start to feel they don't have their own personal space any more.
You mean we aren't supposed to be flinging poo? What if it's someone else's?
And thus did the sanitation engineers establish their dominion over all.

--Patrick