Funny (political, religious) pictures

GasBandit

Staff member
At 80 feet above sea level, that's not all that impressive
Are you suggesting the sea rose 80 feet in two days? :p

Kidding aside, it ain't the elevation, it's the slope - or in Houston's case, lack thereof. Houston is 40 miles form the gulf, but it's pretty flat and the soil is either already saturated or entirely encased in concrete, except for the bayous (which are rivers that don't flow anywhere because, again, flat).

Sooooo drainage is an issue.

Justin Trudeau is not going to rescue y'all. He's playing Neville Chamberlain to Trump's Adolf Hitler.
He's more Marshal Pétain to whomever is actually controlling the Liberal Party these days. Despite his name, he's way too young and too not-well-connected to be controlling that beast. Somebody else that probably has a familiar name is more likely in control, like Goodale or Morneau. Given that Goodale is deputy leader of the PARTY, this makes sense to me.

fade

Staff member
Also, it's a complete non-sequitir. Wanting an open border on your country doesn't really have much to do with your personal home. I can want everyone to have dinner without wanting other people to take my dinner. Hell, I could be more than willing to give up all my dinners to other people while still not wanting someone to come take it without my consent.[DOUBLEPOST=1496084109,1496083691][/DOUBLEPOST]Also Houston may be 40 miles from the Gulf, but Trinity Bay and the harbor are right at our doorstep. That's why Houston is here, after all.

fade

Staff member
Though, DC making a good movie may be a sign of the actual apocalypse.[DOUBLEPOST=1496340076,1496339932][/DOUBLEPOST]Read your Bibles, people. It's right there.

Revelations 25:17

"And lo, DC did raise upon high a movie which did not sucketh. And thus from the various orifices of mankind spilled forth blood, mucus, and inexplicably angry reviewseth."*

*paraphrased

Read your Bibles, people. It's right there.
Revelations 25:17
"And lo, DC did raise upon high a movie which did not sucketh. And thus from the various orifices of mankind spilled forth blood, mucus, and inexplicably angry reviewseth."*
*paraphrased
I think we found another Sign. DC's WW may be the beast which was raised from the Earth, but now we also know the beast that will be raised from the sea:
s5.jpg

Revelation Ch13, excerpt:
"...it had at least seven heads, all full of razor-sharp teeth. Though its heads were dealt many mortal wounds, the beast itself was not killed, and its heads were not diminished. It did instill a wonder in many who came from afar to see it and to wage war upon it, and many blasphemies were uttered, and this beast did gain dominion over all nations."

EDIT: Also, in case you were wondering, yes this is a real thing that is happening. Charo plays the Queen of England. Fabio plays The Pope. I don't know how much more End Time-y it could get.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I think we found another Sign. DC's WW may be the beast which was raised from the Earth, but now we also know the beast that will be raised from the sea:
View attachment 24323
Revelation Ch13, excerpt:
"...it had at least seven heads, all full of razor-sharp teeth. Though its heads were dealt many mortal wounds, the beast itself was not killed, and its heads were not diminished. It did instill a wonder in many who came from afar to see it and to wage war upon it, and many blasphemies were uttered, and this beast did gain dominion over all nations."

EDIT: Also, in case you were wondering, yes this is a real thing that is happening. Charo plays the Queen of England. Fabio plays The Pope. I don't know how much more End Time-y it could get.

--Patrick
Not the movie we need, but the one we deserve.

Ya see, communism has this debuff called "Atrocities" that while when they have little attention, followers ignore, but as they get more powerful, gives their enemies the "righteousness" buff, and that's kept Communism away for decades.

Atrocities like the 120,000,000 people (or so, huge debate on this one, could be even higher) that Chinese Communism has killed. And the 30,000,000+ that Soviet communism killed, and the various other totals in the millions by other Communist regimes over the years. The problem recently is that the Chinese Communists (who are really oligarchs) have seemingly figured out how to let economic capitalism flourish under Authoritarian rule, and figured out that straight-out money can kill democracy pretty effectively.

Methinks framing it as "capitalism" as the problem is the wrong focus. "Oligarchy" and "Plutocracy" and related are the real problems. When government gets to pick winners and losers in the economy, and competition is something you're only interested in UNTIL you're the biggest thing around (see Netflix's recent statements), then you have problems. Government's core role should be to encourage competition, and break up monopolies, not enforcing regulation at every turn. You only need to regulate when competition has failed, and that's usually because of something else you already fucked up as government.

Ya see, communism has this debuff called "Atrocities" that while when they have little attention, followers ignore, but as they get more powerful, gives their enemies the "righteousness" buff, and that's kept Communism away for decades.

Heh, that's cute that you think the issue with it was "atrocities" that kept people away... because no one seemed to have an issue with those as long as they where being done by friendly right wing regimes... just like no one has a problem with Saudi Arabia atm...

And you're seriously calling out "Oligarchy" and "Plutocracy" for capitalism, while pretending they don't count for communism (you really think anyone form the Politburo had to make the same sacrifices as the workers from the collective farms/factories)?

People being blind to Atrocities because money is nothing new, I was just pointing out that no matter WHAT numbers you come up with for a relatively capitalistic/democratic system (dictators that the West is OK with are another matter entirely) they PALE in comparison to the numbers surrounding anything claiming Communism.
And you're seriously calling out "Oligarchy" and "Plutocracy" for capitalism, while pretending they don't count for communism (you really think anyone form the Politburo had to make the same sacrifices as the workers from the collective farms/factories)?
Actually the opposite. I'm more saying that Communism requires Oligarchy to even get started to be set up, which then results in everything bad about Oligarchies immediately, and any "maybe benefits" of Communism are completely drowned out. That is in contrast to Capitalism, where the benefits of competition (both for goods and labour) are near-immediate, and the DRAWBACKS show themselves most apparently when Oligarchy rises up later. A legitimate function of government is to smack those down, not support them continuing. When supporting the status quo becomes the norm (most of the western world right now), then you have the misplaced IMO blame of capitalism for being the problem, when it's again, Oligarchy.