Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
If you'd have told me 18 years ago I couldn't live without tabbed browsing, I'd have scoffed. Now, well.. this very moment I have 17 tabs open across two browser windows.

I can't live without tabbed drinking. Right now, I have 14 open tabs in bars spread across three cities.

Everybody knows my name.

Well, an alias.

I just learned that the scoreboard is part of Miss Canada's outfit. I thought it was a background prop.

Also, I'm gonna assume that the scoreboard is showing how many times she's scored, and been scored upon. In one night.

Considering the weight of some of the similar add-ons the Victoria Secret models wear, I'm impressed these women can walk in some of those.

Fun fact: Chrome (and by extension, Opera) were based on Webkit (i.e., Safari) until Chrome decided to fork their own "Blink" variant and Opera followed down the same path.

No real idea what Spartan will bring.
I'm actually surprised that iCab is still going.

--Patrick

I just learned that the scoreboard is part of Miss Canada's outfit. I thought it was a background prop.
Me, too! I thought it was something lowered from the rafters as a backdrop, until I saw the picture on a desktop screen and thought, "...it's part of the costume!"

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
So, if she's allergic to Glucose, then she's a zombie because that's the sugar that your brain runs on.

Also, vanilla is a bean, you bint.
She's not allergic to glucose, but because any ingredient label that just lists a generic sugar type could have that be a processed form of corn, it's impossible to know where the -ose came from.

As for vanilla, maybe most chefs know that, but a lot of cooks won't. Hell, I've been to quite a few restaurants where the staff didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I'd feel bad if that's a card they had to make up for a kid. That's got to be miserable to have to watch things so closely and miss out on so many foods. My grandmother had to pin a note to my uncle's clothes not to give him anything to eat because he was so deathly allergic to so many foods. He grew out of it eventually, but there were some scary moments when he was little. (For example, it took several trips to the ER before they figured out the only milk he could digest as an infant was goat's milk. He couldn't even have breast milk. Good thing their milkman knew someone he could get goat's milk from, because none of the markets carried it.)

Honestly, it was probably more a function of his mom's diet. If you are breastfeeding a kid with allergies, you have to avoid all the same foods as your kid.

I was hearing more like 3 feet, freezing rain, and 65mph winds.

Not as impressive as the 6ft my parents got in November though.

^This. It's been snowing since 7:30 AM this morning, and that's not part of the blizzard we're supposed to be getting. We're right along the coast, so we're supposed to be getting the worst of it.

And here in northern Minnesota we still have barely a trace of snow on the ground. I haven't had to plow my driveway once. This has been a pathetic winter. Cold and no snow make for a horribly dull winter.