Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Unseasonably warm
I can never hear that phrase again without a flood of nostalgia, thanks to the game that gave me my handle.

"I roger you Nostromo, zis is Oktoberfest, und it is unseasonably varm."
"Copy that, Oktoberfest. The unicorn offers tranquility."

(I know this means nothing to you - just random nonsense from a video game of 20 years ago)

And here in northern Minnesota we still have barely a trace of snow on the ground. I haven't had to plow my driveway once. This has been a pathetic winter. Cold and no snow make for a horribly dull winter.
(whacks you with the snow we got today)

The problem with this part of the state: in the winter, it's either bitter cold or we get dumped on with snow. We're in the latter situation right now.

I'd feel bad if that's a card they had to make up for a kid. That's got to be miserable to have to watch things so closely and miss out on so many foods. My grandmother had to pin a note to my uncle's clothes not to give him anything to eat because he was so deathly allergic to so many foods. He grew out of it eventually, but there were some scary moments when he was little. (For example, it took several trips to the ER before they figured out the only milk he could digest as an infant was goat's milk. He couldn't even have breast milk. Good thing their milkman knew someone he could get goat's milk from, because none of the markets carried it.)
I was the same way when I was born. I lost nearly 2 lbs before they figured out that I couldn't digest anything they were giving me. The doctor put me on Coke and water until they could find a substitute.

Go, crazy Southern doctor. I'm surprised they didn't change the water for bourbon.

Ah, correction: as I'm watching the news right now, parts of Long Island are currently up to 30.5". I'm so glad the storm swung wide and we only got 10".

There's an episode of Louie about the flood a few years back in New York. Very similar joke there. The entire episode wasn't really funny except for the news casts, which were hysterical.

fade

Staff member
All you northeasterners can make fun of us when yet another hurricane narrowly misses the south by 1100 miles, prompting widespread panic.

Right now, 4:55pm Central, it's 76 outside the house. A comfy 73 inside and will probably have to run the ac a little tonight around bedtime.