Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Wish we could see the cup they used and what kind of dirt. 5.8 pounds just seems a little high, for what is probably a red solo cup.

Zappit

Staff member
Shoot for a high D...

One of my high school buddies did something like that. He had a history paper due, didn't do it, and wrote it the morning it was due. The title?

Tanks are Big

It was all about tanks, and the fact that they're...big. Just basic competitive information, a couple facts he knew off the top of his head. No citations.

He got a D.

But since the movies act as an analogy for LGBT rights, it might have made for a bad message if they had actually gone for it.

Yeah, I mean when holding a handshake for longer than a 3-count will put the other person in a coma, I'd say there's something to cure. Not to mention the whole "absorbing traits" aspect. "Accidentally bumped into Kurt on the stairway. Was blue and fuzzy for the next three classes. FML."

For no reason I just thought Kurt's idea of a good time is spending the weekend watching Errol Flynn and Tyrone Power movies on TCM. :)

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I mean when holding a handshake for longer than a 3-count will put the other person in a coma, I'd say there's something to cure. Not to mention the whole "absorbing traits" aspect. "Accidentally bumped into Kurt on the stairway. Was blue and fuzzy for the next three classes. FML."
Is that less than 140 characters?

That's always been my biggest complain about X-Men in generally: it's narrow focus and use of the gay rights analogy refuses to address the fact that the persecution of mutants by the public and the search for a cure is largely justified by a few simple facts...

- Not all mutations are beneficial or desirable.
- The existence of mutants who are perfectly willing to use their abilities to harm the public means we need a way to stop them from abusing these powers.
- There exist mutant groups who are willing to not only harm the public to achieve their ends, they have shown a willingness to inflict mutations when given the ability to do so (despite not all mutations being useful or desirable).
- The government is largely helpless at preventing any of this from occurring except against mutants who ether can't fight or have no desire to.

The Gay Rights analogy simply falls apart under the most simple of examinations. It's abominable that the innocent mutants are being oppressed but I can hardly blame people for being ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of the Mutant Community when it has guys like the Brotherhood of Mutants.

That's always been my biggest complain about X-Men in generally: it's narrow focus and use of the gay rights analogy refuses to address the fact that the persecution of mutants by the public and the search for a cure is largely justified by a few simple facts...

- Not all mutations are beneficial or desirable.
- The existence of mutants who are perfectly willing to use their abilities to harm the public means we need a way to stop them from abusing these powers.
- There exist mutant groups who are willing to not only harm the public to achieve their ends, they have shown a willingness to inflict mutations when given the ability to do so (despite not all mutations being useful or desirable).
- The government is largely helpless at preventing any of this from occurring except against mutants who ether can't fight or have no desire to.

The Gay Rights analogy simply falls apart under the most simple of examinations. It's abominable that the innocent mutants are being oppressed but I can hardly blame people for being ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of the Mutant Community when it has guys like the Brotherhood of Mutants.
Or, you know, a guy who can accidentally explode half a building if you knock his sunglasses off.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yet another example of how "Americans don't 'get' the metric system"?

For reference, I'm 6'7" tall, and pretty close to bang-on 2m tall. 5m? Run!
Even if it was 5 feet tall, the proportions would all be off - the girl appears to be approximately 6-8 years old, so if you scaled her up to 5'0", her head would be the size of a beach ball.

Also 6'7" goddamn, you a big ass honkey.

Even if it was 5 feet tall, the proportions would all be off - the girl appears to be approximately 6-8 years old, so if you scaled her up to 5'0", her head would be the size of a beach ball.

Also 6'7" goddamn, you a big ass honkey.
No joke, ever since I moved to this small town last year, everybody's pretty sure I'm the tallest person within at least an hour of here. That's only about 5-8k people, but still, kinda cool.

Rural Newfoundland, your viking predecessors have returned! HAHAHHAHA!!! **cough**choke**

... sorry, had a temporary bout of megalomania there. I'm fine now. Fine...