Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I find it funny that the people defending the outrage are the people usually decrying people being overly sensitive about social issues.

fade

Staff member
From my FB feed, on an NPR article about the lack of professorships out there. I thought it was funny anyway.

tookerjerb.jpg

Not understanding iced tea is a great symbol of the masochistic inner core of the British soul, much like gin & tonic. For example, gin & tonic came about during the 19th century Colonial era, particularly in Africa and India. Tonic water contains quinine, which is used to treat malaria. They added gin to make it more palatable. It'd be like having grey goose and cough syrup as your national cocktail. In much the same way, iced tea was very popular in the American South and Caribbean, because people wanted something cool to drink due to the hot, sticky climate, but preserve the cultural trappings of "Afternoon tea". But the British in Africa and India, where it's even hotter? Fuck it, they still drank their tea hot. While wearing wool uniforms. Because they're British.

Sigh.
Siiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhh......
Belt-eating was the Revolutionary War, not WWII. Also, blood left over from WWII from soldiers has been tested and it was found that yes, there were a lot fewer gluten-sensitive people back then.

I almost feel like I have to side with Paige on this one.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1410905443,1410905341][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sigh.
Siiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhh......
Belt-eating was the Revolutionary War, not WWII. Also, blood left over from WWII from soldiers has been tested and it was found that yes, there were a lot fewer gluten-sensitive people back then.

I almost feel like I have to side with Paige on this one.

--Patrick
Maybe grandma was from Leningrad.

GasBandit

Staff member
I guess this is a meme that totally passed me by.
Me too. I guess I'm missing what's so funny.
C'Mon! Did neither of you dingleberries see me post this two pages ago?

Oh god... I cracked up so hard I cried a little at this one -

Imgur description: The chef must have been so disgusted "WHO THE FUCK ORDERS NONE PIZZA LEFT BEEF" He shouts as he throws oblong pieces of dead cow at the cooked dough.

I don't really get what's so funny about it, but whatever shnitzen's your gruben.

NSFW for cartoon representations of cartoon boobies.
o-COMIC-570.jpg