Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, saw it before the other stuff. I mean I guess it'd be funny if it wasn't something completely allowable by the Domino's order page.
But if it wasn't "allowable" it couldn't have happened. I suppose they could have put in extra code that said something like "Are you sure you actually want pizza?" when both Cheese and Sauce are set to "none," but as the guy said, who the hell would actually order none pizza left beef?

figmentPez

Staff member
Me too. I guess I'm missing what's so funny.
I've been thinking about this, and personally I find it funny because of the reaction to the meme, rather than the image itself, but I think the reason the image is so popular is its main audience's perspective. A lot of Tumblr is 90's kids, and customer service was at an all time low in the 90s in a lot of ways. In a fast food world where getting your order right at a drive-thru was a minor miracle, I think the idea that you can not only request something ridiculously out of the normal, but actually get it as ordered, is kind of a novelty to youngsters who are still discovering their own independence. Combine that with the social anxiety of many bloggers, and the idea of requesting something strange, and not even having your order questioned, and the "None pizza with left beef" becomes kind of a magical artifact; a physical representation of getting what you want.

In short, my opinion is that it's mildly funny because it's absurd, but it's a meme because of what it represents: the personal agency that young people are discovering, and the value of customer service in industry.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, the image by itself was only a minor chortle.. it was the narrative, the frustrated pizza chef screaming "WHO THE FUCK ORDERS NONE PIZZA LEFT BEEF" that really got me rolling. It's insane. This is a pizza literally anybody would be disappointed in - but that's what they ordered, so that's what must be provided.

You know it's a stale joke if CBS Sports starts getting into the act.

You know, the "none pizza left beef" might have been some drunk who wanted a hamburger but was ticked he couldn't order one online...

I've actually been to a restaurant that just served the pizza bread. My friend actually ordered it to see if something was getting lost in translation (and because they wanted a plain pizza) and out came the cooked dough. It looked nicer then the none pizza meme one but I still don't get who would order that. No dipping sauce or anything.

I've actually been to a restaurant that just served the pizza bread. My friend actually ordered it to see if something was getting lost in translation (and because they wanted a plain pizza) and out came the cooked dough. It looked nicer then the none pizza meme one but I still don't get who would order that. No dipping sauce or anything.
Pizza Hut breadsticks are just the crust covered in garlic butter and parmesean cheesse.