Full hard brexit. But at least its red white and blue.

Did that actually pass? I just saw the last vote failed. It seems more likely they'd scrap the whole thing rather than do no-deal.
Thing is, many people seem to think we'll end up with a "very soft" or even no Brexit...but that's not the default. The No-deal-extension-asking-pretty-please is due for a vote this evening, and even that might not get a majority...But even if it does, it only means they can ask. It's the EU that has to go along with it, and they've pretty much said they won't prolong it past May, since there are European Parliament elecitons and the UK'd have to hold a vote for them during the negotiations, which would be ridiculous.
Anyway, the default option is an auto-leave. A lot of political commentators and such are trying to pretend it isn't true, but it is. Once the activated Article 50, they decided they'd leave AT THE LATEST on 29/03. There's no legal framework for an extension. There's no binding framework for anything ,other than just..."Nope, you're not a part of the club anymore, have fun on your own". That's why they were given 2 years to negotiate. It seems likely no single option - hard Brexit, soft Brexit, little ball of fur - will get a majority...But that doesn't mean "we'll just keep chugging along", it means "we'll face an uncontrolled crash of epic proportions".

Yeah but it seemed like no-deal would be such a complete and utter disaster than all but the most Russian politicians would rather just scrap it entirely than do that.

Yeah but it seemed like no-deal would be such a complete and utter disaster than all but the most Russian politicians would rather just scrap it entirely than do that.
Sure, but "scrapping it altogether" isn't technically an option. And there are a LOT of Russian or otherwise incompetent or bought politicians in the UK - Hard/No-Deal Brexit is gaining support....
I'm still hoping Northern Ireland and Scotland just secede from the UK and re-join the EU.

From what I remember reading, this might happen. Supposedly as part of the Good Friday agreement, the people of Northern Ireland can basically vote to rejoin with Ireland proper if they have enough of a majority. Considering many in northern ireland are not happy with the brexit decision, we are probably as close as we have ever been to the chance of a true unified Ireland. Was there a new development on this I missed?

I could be wrong, but isn't reunification pretty unpopular in NI, just with a very vocal minority?
Before Brexit, yes. After Brexit, and with how long the entire thing has dragged out, has seen polls slowly and slowly increase for a referendum vote. Before Brexit the vast majority saw no desire for a referendum. Last month, polls showed it about 50/50 now with a edge going to do a referendum vote in the next 5 years.

The video was basically because of the date, but yes, I'd have to believe that NI would rather reunite than have a border suddenly thrust across it again.

Don't get the Irish wet. It just makes them multiply.
So, like, one of my bartenders is Irish (but a Canadian citizen), and she just shipped on over there for a couple years.

Now I won't be able to mention her in this thread without feeling very very bhamv.

Unifying Ireland will make bombs go off. Sticking a huge big border across Ireland will make bombs go off. Putting a customs border in the Irish Sea will most likely make bombs go off.
I don't really see the future of NI in a very positive light.

Unifying Ireland will make bombs go off. Sticking a huge big border across Ireland will make bombs go off. Putting a customs border in the Irish Sea will most likely make bombs go off.
I don't really see the future of NI in a very positive light.
Hopefully the bombs don't start until after my bartender's visa is up. She's in Northern Ireland right near the border. I forget which city.

Theresa May won't ask for an extension beyond 30 June. EU won't agree to a short extension like this without MP's voting to accept May's deal. They won't do that. Guess we're leaving on the 29th with no deal.

Oh & like the petulant child he is Jeremy Corbyn walked out of a meeting between party leaders to try & find a solution to the whole mess when he saw that Chuka Umunna was also invited.

The British version of change.org did a "let's not leave the EU" petition. It got a million signatures in a day. Then the site went down.

I know there's been a lot of talk about Scotland and Northern Ireland, but has there been any news about Gibraltar? Seems like they really aren't gonna want to deal with a hard border with Spain. I know they voted overwhelmingly against it, but I haven't heard anything since then.

Now, I know this is just one single quote from one single cog in the government, but what idiocy it suggests:

Another soft Brexit cabinet source described the mood as “depressing” and said of no deal: “The risk is now very real.”
I mean, the risk has been very real from the very start of the process. Had the UK really not thought through the fact that this has been real from the start. It's like the country is realizing "oh shit, we're actually doing that thing we agreed to do."

I though that was obvious based on the previous votes, since he was always ahead.

But Farange is the UK's Trump... Boris is more like a Chris Christie...

So trump promised the U.K. that if he was president, they'd get a fantastic trade deal if they brexited. Now Nancy Pelosi said they won't get any deal if the Good Friday agreement is violated. Given that it's about to be no-deal, and there's 0 understanding about how that could happen without violating Good Friday, it seems like the right wing just made things worse for almost everyone, as they always do.

So trump promised the U.K. that if he was president, they'd get a fantastic trade deal if they brexited. Now Nancy Pelosi said they won't get any deal if the Good Friday agreement is violated. Given that it's about to be no-deal, and there's 0 understanding about how that could happen without violating Good Friday, it seems like the right wing just made things worse for almost everyone, as they always do.
Even if Pelosi does allow the "fantastic trade deal" to pass the House, the Trump administration is planning on doing the trade deal on a sector by sector basis. Which is illegal under WTO rules.