Former President Trump Thread

Cheeto has filed an appeal in the NY civil case...without posting a bond.

So enforcement will not be delayed.

Update, they also did the same for the Carrol case, no bond posted. But also asked if they could post a little bit and promise to post more later...

=Glass Onion gif=

Last edited:
Oh, now now, if only it were that dumb.

While both arguing that since he is super duper rich and such should not have to post the bond, because he's you know, good for it, in the same briefing also argued that having to post the bond would place an undue hardship upon him.

His fortune is in a state of quantum flux. If you look at it or try to measure it in any way, it vastly shrinks. Instead, if you just take his word that he is that rich, then he is!

Which I believe is where the fraud comes in.

Plenty of articles about the SCOTUS' decision saying that States can't kick Trump off the presidential ballot(s).
On the face of it: "Only the US Congress has the ability to forcibly remove anyone from nationwide ballots."
Accidentally coincident underlying admission: Incontrovertible proof that IT WAS NEVER ABOUT STATES' RIGHTS.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Plenty of articles about the SCOTUS' decision saying that States can't kick Trump off the presidential ballot(s).
On the face of it: "Only the US Congress has the ability to forcibly remove anyone from nationwide ballots."
Accidentally coincident underlying admission: Incontrovertible proof that IT WAS NEVER ABOUT STATES' RIGHTS.

--Patrick

I'd heard about the story, and yeah, I don't get why it got taken down, either...unless the comments section got REAL heated.

--Patrick

Jordan Klepper did a new finger the pulse recently but instead of going into MAGA land he went to visit Nikki Haley voters.

Honestly, it almost felt worst. With MAGA you at least believe they see him as a positive figure in their own twisted worldview. These people know he is a charlatan and a fraud that will destroy democracy but when asked hypothetically what they would do if he won the nomination they would still vote for him, but be really sad about it.

Not gonna lie, seeing that earlier tonight really broke me. Like what is it going to take to convince these people that the end of the rule of law is way worse than an old person maybe dying as president.

Fuck face has to come up with $83M that they don't have. Haley should have delayed for 1 week. Hopefully cheeto will have nothing left next week.

Here's hoping the judge slaps them back down again and puts more penalties on them until they pay.

But I get the feeling it's just going to be motion after frivolous motion until the election happens. Then they'll try one more frivolous motion of "Well, he's about to be President again, so he can't/shouldn't/won't pay." Then (if there's any sort of justice in this world) he loses again and starts up an entire new cycle of "They stole it from me!" grifts.

He's made a career out of SLAPP lawsuits, so this isn't as shocking as it should be. He's running out of money and people/places to hide behind, so we'll see. But it's honestly fucked up that in our system, someone with this many lawsuits and convictions can still run for president.

And at the 11th hour, fuckface posted bond to appeal Carroll. Underwritten by Chubb. 1 day after shitstain met with Russian oligarch...

Dave

Staff member
1 day after meeting with Russian oligarch. Huh. Wonder where he suddenly was able to come up with the money.

Dave

Staff member
Wonder why ANYONE would lend Trump money. Maybe because...

It turns out that Trump may have called in a major favor: Court records filed Friday show that the bond was guaranteed by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations.