Former President Trump Thread

Groups of armed men, all wearing similar clothing, driving in convoy with police protection?
Gosh, lucky that doesn't remind me of anything.

I'm really curious if the left in the USA will allow it to become an actual Civil War or just roll over and accept the de facto end of democracy.
yallqaeda.jpg

They are appealing it federally though, because this election needs to be an ever growing circus. In a perfect world, the federal court would throw it out, because these decisions should be left to states, but we'll see.
So we got good news on that now too.

There are so many arguments against this that it is almost comical, not least of which is the fact that they waited a full four months before bringing suit.
U.S. District Court Judge Andrew Hanen today threw out a suit challenging the legality of some 127,000 votes cast at drive-through voting sites in the Houston area. He ruled the plaintiffs don't have legal standing to sue. Harris County, Texas' most populous county, and majority-Democratic, erected ten tents to expedite the early voting process, as a way of allowing people to vote safely during the coronavirus pandemic. They were also in place this summer, prior to the state's primary. Noting that, Judge Hanen, a George W. Bush appointee, asked plaintiffs "Why am I just getting this case?"

figmentPez

Staff member

EDIT: She told police that people assaulted her and then proceeded to battery, trying to knock her phone out of her hand and actually hitting her, and the cop told her that no crime had been committed. Fucking BULLSHIT. The moment they even threatened to touch her, a crime was committed.

Should've hired John Moschitta.

In other news, when I voted in the March elections, I was one of the first people in the door (because I had to work later that day) and I was given ballot #43. When I asked how I could get such a high number even though I was one of the first through the door, they explained that the number gets incremented to include the already-received absentee ballots.
My polling place is literally across the street from where I live. and while wheeling my trash to the curb just after 9a, I counted at least 30+ people in line waiting to vote, with the possibility of more since the line goes around the corner where I can't see. At this rate, I am legitimately concerned they are going to run out of ballots.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My wife wants me to wait for her so we can all go vote together. I HATE waiting until 3 or 4 to vote. I want to go get it done. But in the interest of domestic tranquility...

I'd have to assume they can easily make more as we have a well-run election system in the United States.
When I early voted, they scanned my drivers license, confirmed my address hadn't changed, and printed me a ballot right then and there. Since printer paper is easy to come by, I don't have any fears that they'll run out here. ;)