Former President Trump Thread

It feels pretty ballsy, but mainly I'll gladly forgo listening to Trump try to string words together, even if he did not right any of them.

edit: eh, I'm leaving it,

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
What threats?
I can't find anything specific in news articles. There seems to be confusion as if the threats were the ones made publicly by Trump and Guiliani that they were going to investigate Cohen's wife and father for crimes if Cohen testifies, or if there were threats made privately.

Either way, I would not be surprised if Cohen dies from an "accident" in prison before he can testify.

I can't find anything specific in news articles. There seems to be confusion as if the threats were the ones made publicly by Trump and Guiliani that they were going to investigate Cohen's wife and father for crimes if Cohen testifies, or if there were threats made privately.

Either way, I would not be surprised if Cohen dies from an "accident" in prison before he can testify.
If that happened, it would be a signal that all bets are off and the knives would come out on both sides. That would be it, period.

I honestly don't think the Trump administration is capable of that. I mean I'm sure they have the amorality and ruthlessness, I just don't think they have the competence to orchestrate it without everything pointing to them. They're not exactly Walter White and Saul, here.

figmentPez

Staff member
I honestly don't think the Trump administration is capable of that. I mean I'm sure they have the amorality and ruthlessness, I just don't think they have the competence to orchestrate it without everything pointing to them. They're not exactly Walter White and Saul, here.
They're dumb enough to do a lot of things that are blatantly illegal and point directly to them. I don't see this as a line they're not willing to cross.

Well if you can get 14 you don't need evil turtle. It's a long shot but at least there's some awareness of the state of things by republicans.

Eventually the 20% of the air traffic controllers who are eligible to retire are gonna start asking if they will get paid if they retire right now.

A CR to February 8th is going to cause another shutdown in two weeks. We need something sustainable.
You deal with the problem in front of you. I suspect that if the Democrats are able to get a CR through without caving to Trump's demands then Trump will be unable to drag the Republicans into another shutdown fight since either A. Trump caved once the Senate Republicans showed some backbone or B. The Congress over rode the presidential veto which effectively breaks his back politically.

I know there are countless other ways the situation plays out but those are the two ways that this bill becomes law.

Of course all of that presupposes that the vote today even succeeds which it would easily if all other concerns were taken out of the equation. But with Trump opposing it and the fact that a veto override would break Trump's presidency I don't know if it'll pass.

I think if it actually reached his desk, he'd sign it. He'd say that it's him helping the poor furloughed workers who are suffering from the democrats.

Doesn't everyone have wealthy parents that can give them millions in loans? That's how our self-made, blue collar president did it, and it should be good enough for everyone else too.

Also, let's not forget that President Trump knows most of these workers are Democrats and therefore deserve all the bad things that have happened.

Surprised it's not the House.

Edit: this is so it will be private testimony and they will try to use it to block him from publicly testifying to the house.
I'm not sure how they can block the testimony? All the House needs to do is subpoena Cohen and claim they have their own questions to ask that aren't covered by the "secret" transcripts of the Cohen Senate hearing.