[NFL] Footbaaaawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I don't think the AFL champs would beat the Packers but if you could go in a time machine and have pre superbowl AFL champs from each year play NFL champs from each year, I don't think the NFL would go undefeated.

I'm mad at Ray Lewis for nearly singlehandedly knocking the best Titans team out of the playoffs and ending Eddie George's career, but he's a great player.

And most of his trial in the court of public opinion for that murder incident back then was done by people rampaging against "thug players", so I take it with a huuuuuuuuuge grain of salt.

Dave

Staff member
And most of his trial in the court of public opinion for that murder incident back then was done by people rampaging against "thug players", so I take it with a huuuuuuuuuge grain of salt.
Have you even looked at the murder investigation and the legal maneuvering he did? Evidence was removed and presumably destroyed, witnesses were threatened and when it turned back on him he plead out like a coward. Yeah. He's a great player. So what?

That's only because for years the Pack was kicking ass and the other league was afraid of them till they finally manned up and grew a pair.

Oh man, I think Packers' fans are almost as bad as Patriots' fans. The Pack has sucked for years and only recently been a contender. San Fran was in the same exact boat. I was just happy to see all those Cheeseheads get STUNNED![DOUBLEPOST=1358208063][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm mad at Ray Lewis for nearly singlehandedly knocking the best Titans team out of the playoffs and ending Eddie George's career, but he's a great player.

Ray Lewis is a piece of shit, bud. Sorry to rain on your parade. The entire Baltimore franchise is garbage.

I'm not big on college sports, so yeah, professional sporting is pretty sparse here as far as wins go. Hell, the Brewers were exciting that one year.

Get your toe out of the crease, blotsfan. ;)

I'm just hoping that our #6 will recreate that picture in late June. :D

I really, really do hate the Ravens, and I despise Bernard Pollard. Every friggin' season he badly injures a Pats player - Brady, Welker, Gronk, and tonight he knocked out Ridley when Ridley tried to dive to the ground.

So we got a Super Bowl with a potential sex offender (Crabtree) and a potential double murderer (Lewis). Role models all around.
Is Ridley the guy that knocked himself cold in the second half?

So we got a Super Bowl with a potential sex offender (Crabtree) and a potential double murderer (Lewis). Role models all around.
Couple of things: First, it's still very much alleged and it doesn't look like there's a case against Crabtree. Second, this is some sore loser bullshit right here.

Could anyone realistically have picked this Superbowl from the beginning of the playoffs?
While the Niners weren't complete favorites, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for them to make it. But Baltimore? After how inconsistent they were during the regular season? No way. I thought Denver was going to crush them.

Necronic

Staff member
Why would anyone expect Houston to do better than the Ravens? They lost to the Pats like weeks before they faced them in the playoffs. Sure, they are division champions. AFC SOUTH division champions that is. That's like being proud of getting high scores on your GED.

And I am saying this as a Houstonian. They have gotten a lot better since their inception, and I'm happy to see them in the playoffs, but they had no real long term chance.

ed: Ok looking back on it the Texans did pretty good through the regular season. Their only losses against *good* teams were to the Patriots and the Packers, and they actually beat the Ravens earlier in the year. But aside from a handful of *good* teams they played against the majority of their games were against absolute jokes. 4 of their games were against the Jags and the Titans.

Lot of people had Houston or New England squaring off against my Pack or the Falcons.
I have to admit, I thought the Pack going to the super bowl was a bit optimistic. They weren't showing the consistency needed to be the championship team.

The week 10 Texans could have won it all. But they just had some break down during the last month. Heck they beat Ravens. I really wonder what made them flatten out so much. Were they just hot during the wrong time of the year?

Necronic

Staff member
Playing well in the early season and them completely falling apart at the end is a longstanding Texas tradition.

We call it Romo-ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.