[NFL] Footbaaaawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck the blind, dumbshit refs. The Ravens played well, it's true. And the 49ers can only blame themselves for that wretched first half. But the refs made bad calls all game long. Assholes.

Dave

Staff member
As I said on Facebook:

Murderers never win...unless the NFL and refs want them to. They made a game of it, but it's like the refs wanted the Murderer to go out on top. No calls on the holding in the end zone and the offsides on the 2-point conversion. Guess they haven't sucked Ray Lewis' ass enough yet.

Or the holding on that kickoff return. Or the offensive pass interference on Boldin. Or the poor job spotting the ball.

Bah.

Yeah, calling holding on the safety play is pointless, because the result is exactly the same. Blatant holding on a play like that is actually the smart play.

So in essence, what we're saying here is that the reffing, which was horrible all season long, regardless of the fact that we successfully managed to get the replacement refs pulled and the regular refs reinstated (again, our apologies and thanks to Green Bay)... still sucked? Gee, color me surprised. I honestly only even turned the game on so I could watch the commercials and to get myself away from my computer for a few hours. The blackout was the most entertaining part of the game, to me.

My only big concern with reffing, was some of the spotting seemed very bonkers. I don't think it had to big an impact though, and it seemed to go both ways.. but meh.

Go Niners, still!

The reffing was pretty consistent with the regular season. Defensive Holding and Pass Interference is pretty much not called any longer.

eh, you are correct. Offensive Holding in the endzone automatically results in a safety. They really need to address that this summer.

Once SF started to score after the black out, we were joking that Bill Belicheck was seen sneaking out of the Mercedes Benz Super Dome with a pair of Vice Grips in his back pocket.

Zappit

Staff member
Patriots sign Tim Tebow. The kid may really get a shot. The Jets trade was nothing more than a publicity stunt. At least in New England he's automatically in the backup QB mix. Right now, all the Pats had there was Ryan Mallet, who has virtually no real NFL experience.

Tebow has his issues with release time. But he has done nothing but win, when he is given the ball.
Denver's defense was a huge factor in their success. I'm not going to say he didn't play a part, but Tebow was not the driving force behind the Broncos' playoff push.

It'd be nice if someone could teach him mechanics, make him a better/more accurate thrower, encourage him to be used as a wildcat alternative to really screw people up when they game-plan for NE.

You know, kinda like what the Jets said they were going to do, except Belicheck and the Pats actually do it.

I see I got a notification to return to the Nihsen Football League.

THIS is the year that the Jays rule all!
Nah. I should have won last year and kept my championship streak alive. This year I will return to my proper place at the top. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.